HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nashville Predators Salary Thread

Old
05-11-2011, 11:48 AM
sighthndlady

vCash: 500
Since our season is now over, can Poile extend Suter & Rinne starting now, or does he have to wait for July 1?

sighthndlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 12:23 PM
gopreds19
Formerly gobears19

Quote:
Originally Posted by sighthndlady View Post
Since our season is now over, can Poile extend Suter & Rinne starting now, or does he have to wait for July 1?
Think they can be extended most any time.

gopreds19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 12:23 PM
tserberis*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sighthndlady View Post
Anytime

tserberis* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 12:39 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

how sure are we of the Erat 6 mil figure?

the reason I ask is because he and legwand had what I thought were "reciprocal" contracts in that Leggys was frontloaded and Erats backloaded but the total for each was 9 million each season thus each one with a 4.5 mil cap hit.

so if erat is due 6 mil Leggy should drop to 3 mil.

but its been so long I dont know the details for sure.

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 12:40 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by tserberis View Post
Anytime
incorrect. they can talk all they want but the deal cant get "done" officially until july 1st

Old
05-11-2011, 12:45 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
how sure are we of the Erat 6 mil figure?

the reason I ask is because he and legwand had what I thought were "reciprocal" contracts in that Leggys was frontloaded and Erats backloaded but the total for each was 9 million each season thus each one with a 4.5 mil cap hit.

so if erat is due 6 mil Leggy should drop to 3 mil.

but its been so long I dont know the details for sure.

11-12: Erat is at 6M
11-12: Legwand is at 4.5M

Legwand starts dropping 12-13. Erat 12-13 too.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 01:21 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Doesn't matter. Cap hit is $4.5 for each next season. If we're just looking to stay at or below $51.4 (unless the cap goes up, which it surely will) against the cap then all that matters is their individual cap hits. With that said, we will have $20.7 million against the cap tied up in four forwards (Legwand, Erat, Lombardi, Dumont) next season. Something has to give at some point if we want to add anything at all. The most likely scenario is pay Dumont $1.333mil each of the next two seasons in a buyout and add a forward. SK still needs a raise, Ward likely walks, and we have to hope Spaling and Halischuk take the QO. That leaves O'Reilly or Goc as the odd center out. Goc is a UFA so he's likely more expensive to keep, but his injury this season makes any raise he would have gotten significantly less. Expect Goc to look for a one year deal somewhere in the $1.25-1.5mil area to prove he deserves more. I expect to QO O'Reilly since we have so much depth at center, but that's only if we are keeping both. I love Goc, but he's likely gone. O'Reilly might be, too, with Geoffrion coming up and playing well.

Last edited by TMI: 05-11-2011 at 01:27 PM.
TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 02:00 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

FWIW Tom Callahan tweeted earlier that DP said Weber would like to extend before July 1.

Quote:
@PredFans now onto questions. DP says we have to wait and see on Lombardi and Bouillon. We have a spot on depth chart for them.

@PredFans [DP] says Shea would like to wrap before July 1.

Old
05-11-2011, 02:03 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Stupid question of the day:

If Erat and Legwand's contracts are inverse of each other as far as money paid, but they always total the same thing, why didn't we just pay them each the same amount every year? It seems a lot more simple and would still be the same total $

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 02:18 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds9 View Post
Stupid question of the day:

If Erat and Legwand's contracts are inverse of each other as far as money paid, but they always total the same thing, why didn't we just pay them each the same amount every year? It seems a lot more simple and would still be the same total $
Poile probably tried to do that, but one agent demanded terms to be slightly different (not slightly different from the other player's contract necessarily, but just different terms for the contract itself)

Negotiations can be incredibly complex for both sides. Or the reason could be completely arbitrary

Old
05-11-2011, 02:21 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

I was thinking about Dumont. If the situation is right (meaning the team who wants him is at the bottom of the league), could he wave his NMC in order to be waived or sent down? Then he doesn't take a pay cut, the team getting him doesn't have to pay his full salary, and we can use the money somewhere else. Am I wrong?

Old
05-11-2011, 03:36 PM
Bad Karma

No, you're thinking of recall waivers.

Bad Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 06:41 PM
AEM6729

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
If we can unload Dumont then yes.
What about the glut of centers we have? Heard them talking about this on the radio as if we have all these centers, so picking up a center like Richards wasn't even discussed.

But I feel like even though we have a lot of centers, they're all probably playing one line too high. I don't feel like we have a first line center...maybe Lombardi was supposed to be that guy but I doubt he ever plays again. Don't we need to dump some of our centers to make room for a game-changer?

I dunno what kind of dude Richards is...if he wants to go wherever he can make the most money or if he's willing to take a little less to play for an organization he likes or in a situation he likes. But he seems to be the only bona-fide first line center UFA out there this summer. I know it probably won't happen but imagine what kind of statement it would make if the owners plunked down some cash on him!

AEM6729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 07:58 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

If we can get a guy like Richards we can move someone to wing. That's a BIG IF, but he would be our true 1 center. Legwand has played wing well before, and Fisher would probably fit well, too.

Old
05-11-2011, 10:53 PM
tserberis*

Quote:
incorrect. they can talk all they want but the deal cant get "done" officially until july 1st
What are you talking about??? You can extend the Player at any time of the year...

Old
05-11-2011, 11:32 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
What are you talking about??? You can extend the Player at any time of the year...
No, a player on a multi-year contract can only sign an extension sometime during the final year of his current contract.

A player on a one-year contract can sign an extension after January 1st.

See article 50.5 (f)

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2011, 12:39 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
See above. Doesnt mean they cant talk and come to an agreement but cant actually sign the new deal until into the final year of the old deal.

I think it is plausible that we could have webers deal announced june 30 and Suters july 1

Old
05-12-2011, 01:56 AM
tserberis*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
No, a player on a multi-year contract can only sign an extension sometime during the final year of his current contract.

A player on a one-year contract can sign an extension after January 1st.

See article 50.5 (f)
Quote:
See above. Doesnt mean they cant talk and come to an agreement but cant actually sign the new deal until into the final year of the old deal.

I think it is plausible that we could have webers deal announced june 30 and Suters july 1

Sorry guys, Weber is in my head, it seems that I apply his situation to everybody now

Old
05-12-2011, 08:46 PM
Firestorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Poile probably tried to do that, but one agent demanded terms to be slightly different (not slightly different from the other player's contract necessarily, but just different terms for the contract itself)

Negotiations can be incredibly complex for both sides. Or the reason could be completely arbitrary
Nothing is too complex for the arm chair GM!

Firestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2011, 10:43 PM
Jonesey
Sons of Anarchy

Anyone heard the terms of Ekholm's deal?

Jonesey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2011, 11:02 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trade Legwand View Post
Anyone heard the terms of Ekholm's deal?
http://www.ontheforecheck.com/2011/5...ille-predators

Don't know the full terms, but he's been signed to a 3 year entry level contract.

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2011, 12:07 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Richards? Seriously?

This is why everyone is ready to dive off a building on July 1 around here. Expectations get built up so unrealistically that everyone winds up disappointed.

If we sign Brad freaking Richards, I'll eat the laptop that I'm typing this on. Book it.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2011, 12:23 AM
tserberis*

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
Richards? Seriously?

This is why everyone is ready to dive off a building on July 1 around here. Expectations get built up so unrealistically that everyone winds up disappointed.

If we sign Brad freaking Richards, I'll eat the laptop that I'm typing this on. Book it.
Tell Brad what is going on here, he'll just sign to see this happen

Old
05-13-2011, 01:03 AM
gopreds19
Formerly gobears19

Quote:
Richards? Seriously?

Thanks for the dose of reality. Brad Richards is the most unlikely FA signee ever. If he wanted to take some kind of a discount he'd just stay in Dallas. He likes it there, but their ownership situation makes a huge, mega, FA signing unlikely. He's going to the highest bidder.

gopreds19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2011, 07:52 AM
Firestorm

Quote:
Richards? Seriously?

Would you like Mayo with that?

Firestorm is offline   Reply With Quote