HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > All Time Draft
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
All Time Draft Fantasy league where players of the past and present meet.

ATD Chat Room III (all non-ATD topics here)

Closed Thread

Old
05-07-2011, 09:22 PM
seventieslord

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cognition View Post
Attend to your wife and child?

Go Preds! Make Vancouver nice and tired!
Well... yeah, but I can have it on while I do that

Old
05-07-2011, 09:24 PM
Derick*

Send a message via MSN to Derick*
Wardo again!

Captain Clutch Joel Wardo

Old
05-07-2011, 09:30 PM
vancityluongo

Vancouver is not coming back with Rinne in net. Off to game 6, I'm just praying Kesler doesn't get roughed up any further.

Old
05-08-2011, 06:00 PM
monster_bertuzzi

Such a ****in' frustrating team Nashville is. Now I know how Tampa fans felt after their first 4 games against Pittsburgh.

Come on Nucks win tomorow and lets let justice be served.

Old
05-09-2011, 04:23 PM
MadArcand
We do not sow

I finally got to see Canada live, and man, Phaneuf is brutal. Why does he keep getting drafted in the ATD? His hockey sense approaches zero.

OTOH I was impressed by Nash, Neal, Tavares and Skinner. Bernier in goal was also great.

And I don't get how a player with 1 goal and 6 PIM (all of those really bad penalties) can win player of the game award.

Old
05-09-2011, 04:42 PM
seventieslord

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadArcand View Post
I finally got to see Canada live, and man, Phaneuf is brutal. Why does he keep getting drafted in the ATD? His hockey sense approaches zero.

OTOH I was impressed by Nash, Neal, Tavares and Skinner. Bernier in goal was also great.

And I don't get how a player with 1 goal and 6 PIM (all of those really bad penalties) can win player of the game award.
First team all-star, bro. It says a lot... unfortunately.

I doubt he deserved it. I didn't see a lot of him that year but I find it hard to believe he had better hockey sense and defensive awareness then, than he does now.

As he is right now, He's around where Bryan McCabe has been for most of his career - a physical, heart and soul defenseman with a big bomb from the point and defensive limitations, who has the stamina to be an OK #1 on a decent team/pretender or a #2 on a very good team, but won't challenge for the Norris.

McCabe's just done it for over twice as long.

Old
05-12-2011, 10:55 PM
VanIslander
17/07/2014 ATD RIP

Marleau was the Sharks top penalty killing forward.
Marleau scored the game winner in Game 7 tonight.
Marleau scored the game winner in Game 3 OT.

The media loves Thornton and is quick to criticize Marleau but to hell with his critics! When Roenick on Versus called him out after game 5 and basically put the weight of the team's lack of success for ending Detroit on his shoulders I was royally peeved. YES, he is streaky with scoring but he is also CLUTCH. When a big goal is most needed he comes through time and again.

Marleau is an all-time great. His soft hands around the crease, his clutch play, his penalty killing and turnovers and breakaways. May he be an ATD regular from here on as a great utility forward in a Bottom-6 role (and could handle 2nd pp duty in an all-time context).

Old
05-13-2011, 12:26 AM
jarek

He also only has 6 points in 13 games these playoffs. Part of the reason it even went to 7 was because of his lack of scoring.

Old
05-13-2011, 06:52 AM
BraveCanadian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boy Wonder View Post
He also only has 6 points in 13 games these playoffs. Part of the reason it even went to 7 was because of his lack of scoring.
This, pretty much.

Old
05-13-2011, 07:24 AM
VanIslander
17/07/2014 ATD RIP

Henrik has one goal in 13 games (an empty netter at that) and an atrocious +/-, awful faceoff percentage and some highlight gaffs (looking for a pass when on a breakaway, easily knocked off the puck, to name just two I recall). Certainly last year's Hart trophy winner should be criticized openly in the media miles ahead of Marleau.

Henrik is the reason Vancouver couldn't close out the Preds earlier (if you follow your own logic).

Old
05-13-2011, 08:07 AM
BraveCanadian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanIslander View Post
Henrik has one goal in 13 games (an empty netter at that) and an atrocious +/-, awful faceoff percentage and some highlight gaffs (looking for a pass when on a breakaway, easily knocked off the puck, to name just two I recall). Certainly last year's Hart trophy winner should be criticized openly in the media miles ahead of Marleau.

Henrik is the reason Vancouver couldn't close out the Preds earlier (if you follow your own logic).
I don't think that anyone is trying to make the case that the Sedins are anything other than mediocre in the playoffs so far, either.

Old
05-13-2011, 08:42 AM
jarek

Quote:

You wouldn't catch me defending the Sedins, either. I haven't watched the Sharks, but the Sedins are a very large reason why the Preds and Hawks didn't get swept. Not ONLY are the Sedins not scoring as much as their team needs them to, but they have been on the ice for a worrisome amount of even strength goals against.

Last edited by jarek: 05-13-2011 at 09:04 AM.
Old
05-13-2011, 12:43 PM
TheDevilMadeMe
Global Moderator

Well, the two biggest "choke" teams in the league made it to the WCF, despite their stars doing their best to live up to the choking reputation. And with Boston in the East, there's a good chance of one of these teams shedding a bad rap.

If Tampa ends up winning with St Louis playing well, I think he becomes a first ballot HHOF lock, even without having to pad his regular season numbers for longer.

Old
05-13-2011, 01:23 PM
BraveCanadian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevilMadeMe View Post
Well, the two biggest "choke" teams in the league made it to the WCF, despite their stars doing their best to live up to the choking reputation. And with Boston in the East, there's a good chance of one of these teams shedding a bad rap.

If Tampa ends up winning with St Louis playing well, I think he becomes a first ballot HHOF lock, even without having to pad his regular season numbers for longer.
Yeah, it gives you an idea of just how deep SJ and Vancouver are that they were able to make it with big pieces of their lineup not really contributing like they should.

With Boston missing Bergeron, and the roll Tampa is on, that one is going to be interesting.

Old
05-13-2011, 01:24 PM
jarek

I think Kesler is the front runner for the Smythe at this point. The guy almost single handedly took his team into the WCF.

Old
05-13-2011, 01:29 PM
BraveCanadian

Quote:
I think Kesler is the front runner for the Smythe at this point. The guy almost single handedly took his team into the WCF.
He has definitely been the one picking up the slack for Vancouver.

Now if we could just convince him to stop being a chicken winger / diver, and be a man, I'd actually like him.

Old
05-13-2011, 02:32 PM
jarek

Quote:
Originally Posted by BraveCanadian View Post
He has definitely been the one picking up the slack for Vancouver.

Now if we could just convince him to stop being a chicken winger / diver, and be a man, I'd actually like him.
Why? If they're not calling the dive, you would be irresponsible, as a player, to not take every advantage you can.

Old
05-13-2011, 02:56 PM
Derick*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevilMadeMe View Post

Other then the Sedins and Marleau, I don't see that.

Thornton, Kesler, Boyle, Luongo have all been superb. Heatley has been alright.

Old
05-13-2011, 03:19 PM
Dreakmur

Quote:
Marleau was the Sharks top penalty killing forward.
Marleau scored the game winner in Game 7 tonight.
Marleau scored the game winner in Game 3 OT.

The media loves Thornton and is quick to criticize Marleau but to hell with his critics! When Roenick on Versus called him out after game 5 and basically put the weight of the team's lack of success for ending Detroit on his shoulders I was royally peeved. YES, he is streaky with scoring but he is also CLUTCH. When a big goal is most needed he comes through time and again.

Marleau is an all-time great. His soft hands around the crease, his clutch play, his penalty killing and turnovers and breakaways. May he be an ATD regular from here on as a great utility forward in a Bottom-6 role (and could handle 2nd pp duty in an all-time context).

Did you actually watch the game? It looks to me like you just checked the box scores.

To take a line from Nick Kypreos, Patrick Marleau is as soft as baby poo. He constantly got stripped of the puck, floated around aimlessly for most of the game, and never won any battles. One lucky tap-in goal doesn't change that. He did make 1 good hit early and 1 good defensive play late, but his overall game was pathatic.

His clucth play... in 13 play-off games 6s or 7s, he has 2 points!

Old
05-13-2011, 03:38 PM
BraveCanadian

Quote:
Why? If they're not calling the dive, you would be irresponsible, as a player, to not take every advantage you can.
I know this is a quaint concept in today's world where everyone is out to climb over each other and do anything they can get away with to get whatever they can get... but I'll tell you why:

It isn't right.

Old
05-13-2011, 04:24 PM
TheDevilMadeMe
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cognition View Post
Other then the Sedins and Marleau, I don't see that.

Thornton, Kesler, Boyle, Luongo have all been superb. Heatley has been alright.
Luongo was terrible in games 4-7 of te first round, I thought. Better since. I guess overall, he and Thornton have been better than they usually are in the playoffs... Heh

Old
05-13-2011, 04:55 PM
Derick*

I was referring to the second round only for Luongo.

Re: Thornton. No, he's been playing fantastic. Babcock and McLellan are both power on power coaches. He's been facing Datsyuk and/or Zetterberg all series, dealing with them, while still putting up a point per game. He's also the reason Setoguchi has been scoring so much.

Thornton's been the third best player of the playoffs so far, after Datsyuk and Kesler.

Old
05-13-2011, 04:57 PM
TheDevilMadeMe
Global Moderator

Oh,Thornton's been fine. Still would be nice to see a player of that calibre actually take over a series for once, though.

Old
05-13-2011, 04:59 PM
TheDevilMadeMe
Global Moderator

Quote:

Thornton's been the third best player of the playoffs so far, after Datsyuk and Kesler.
There is another conference, you know.

Old
05-13-2011, 04:59 PM
Derick*

I don't think it would have been possible for anyone not in the big four all-time to "take over" that series. You got two non-sheltering coaches, tons of defensive forwards, and two teams focused on exploiting their depth. It just wasn't played that way.

Closed Thread