HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Radulov

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-13-2011, 03:45 AM
  #51
DManPreds11
Registered User
 
DManPreds11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 260
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
We can do better than Radulov within the NHL.
I've looked over this year’s UFA's and I'd rather take my chances with Radulov, and not have to give up much. I'd say give him a 2 year extension past his entry-level deal at a comparable rate to his KHL deal and give him a second chance. Of course Trotz doesn't want him because he's a defensive liability but we do need to score more goals if we want to seriously contend for the Cup next season.

DManPreds11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2011, 07:54 AM
  #52
Firestorm
Registered User
 
Firestorm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Canada Eh?
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,064
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DManPreds11 View Post
I've looked over this year’s UFA's and I'd rather take my chances with Radulov, and not have to give up much. I'd say give him a 2 year extension past his entry-level deal at a comparable rate to his KHL deal and give him a second chance. Of course Trotz doesn't want him because he's a defensive liability but we do need to score more goals if we want to seriously contend for the Cup next season.
Must have a "no causing other team members' concussions" clause.

Firestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2011, 09:02 AM
  #53
Nitrous Mafia
Registered User
 
Nitrous Mafia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: On Lot
Country: United States
Posts: 2,670
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerKampfer View Post
forgiving Radulov would be Nashville's best way of making up for the fact that the NHL has [B]NOT LET THEM CHEAT[/B to get good like Tampa, Washington, and Pittsburgh were allowed to netting Fleury, Crosby, Malkin, Ovechkin, Semin, Hedman, Stamkos, etc. Nashville does not have that option to get elite talent on their team. They can never pull that crap without risking 50% of the fanbase.
Haha

This.

Nitrous Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2011, 09:31 AM
  #54
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,220
vCash: 500
Well, I have to admit my excitement has been tempered a bit by his quotes to the Russian media when asked about it, basically saying he was misquoted\information was flat-out made up.

Doesn't sound like someone that has any interest in leaving Russia anytime soon.

__________________
www.thepredatorial.com

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2011, 09:37 AM
  #55
kakemono
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 873
vCash: 500
I don't think character is a problem with this team. We have too many 'good locker room guys' for a guy like Radulov to hurt our team.

Weber
Suter
Legwand
Fisher

Really the only problem child we have is Kostitsyn and we got him straightened out. SOB, from all accounts, was great in the locker room this year despite his history. Sounds like Wilson had some issues though.

I still rock my Radulov tshirt jersey. To be honest, he is still favorite player ever and I would be glad to have him back.

kakemono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2011, 09:40 AM
  #56
ranold26
Petarry Chiarinden
 
ranold26's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: 127.0.0.1
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,453
vCash: 500
If Rads comes back, you guys will be looking pretty damn good. I really feel he would of made a huge difference in these playoffs, such so that we'd be looking at a possible SJS-NSH west final right now.

ranold26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2011, 09:42 AM
  #57
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,220
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranold26 View Post
If Rads comes back, you guys will be looking pretty damn good. I really feel he would of made a huge difference in these playoffs, such so that we'd be looking at a possible SJS-NSH west final right now.
Vancouver slipped by us in a series of one-goal games. I think if our lineup was even healthy, we could have taken the series. Radulov would obviously have been a slam dunk

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2011, 09:46 AM
  #58
SmokeyClause
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Miami, FL
Country: Cuba
Posts: 9,999
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakemono View Post
I don't think character is a problem with this team. We have too many 'good locker room guys' for a guy like Radulov to hurt our team.

Weber
Suter
Legwand
Fisher

Really the only problem child we have is Kostitsyn and we got him straightened out. SOB, from all accounts, was great in the locker room this year despite his history. Sounds like Wilson had some issues though.

I still rock my Radulov tshirt jersey. To be honest, he is still favorite player ever and I would be glad to have him back.
Character is a load of crap anyways, in so much as we are referring to off-ice issues and not "he gives 50% effort." This whole "not good in the lockerroom" talk is completely overblown by fans and media because of the mystique we place on the lockerroom because we don't truly know what goes on in there.

Talent, discipline, and luck wins hockey games. I've heard stories of players in multiple sports basically not being on speaking terms off the ice/court/field yet they led their team to championships. If Radulov can put the puck in the back of the net and do so without otherwise being a liability on the ice, Weber will take him back with open arms even if Radulov sacrifices puppies in the middle of the locker room.

SmokeyClause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2011, 09:55 AM
  #59
lstcyr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,975
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DManPreds11 View Post
I've looked over this year’s UFA's and I'd rather take my chances with Radulov, and not have to give up much. I'd say give him a 2 year extension past his entry-level deal at a comparable rate to his KHL deal and give him a second chance. Of course Trotz doesn't want him because he's a defensive liability but we do need to score more goals if we want to seriously contend for the Cup next season.
Why do you think Trotz doesn't want a 30 goal scorer?

lstcyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2011, 10:24 AM
  #60
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD
 
BigFatCat999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Campbell, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,211
vCash: 500
Does anyone else find it appropriate that the Preds are using the same technique on the KHL, the US used on the Soviets to win the cold war? Force them to spend to oblivion and then pick up the pieces afterwards.

From Puck Daddy's post it sounds like it's not Nashville or Radulov's choice to keep him in Russia but his KHL club who might be going broke.

BigFatCat999 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2011, 10:29 AM
  #61
Cujomi
YNWA
 
Cujomi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,233
vCash: 500
Yeah, if you guys had Radulov this year I would have almost considered you guys favorites to make the SCF. He's very dynamic and he elevates his play in the playoffs (as has been seen, leading the league in points in the KHL, and leading his team to the championship in the playoffs in multiple leagues.) He's a proven winner. If you guys got him you would be beyond lucky.

My fingers are crossed that he comes back into the league because it would just be cool to see that kind of talent.

Cujomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2011, 10:34 AM
  #62
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,220
vCash: 500
http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...urn=nhl-wp4812

New article from Chesnokov that basically says he believes Radulov may be heading back to the NHL, not so much because he wants to, but because Ufa's financing is falling apart.

This is pretty huge, for as keyed in as Dmitri Chesnokov is, and he's denied Radulov was returning for as long as I can remember.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2011, 10:35 AM
  #63
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD
 
BigFatCat999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Campbell, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,211
vCash: 500
Calling all the former Cold Warriors of the 80's we need another Soviet style meltdown in the KHL stat!

EDIT: http://sportshaze.com/russia/khl/ale...say-never-1765

Marc, 2nd 2011


Last edited by BigFatCat999: 05-13-2011 at 11:39 AM.
BigFatCat999 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2011, 02:30 PM
  #64
Zine
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,953
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Does anyone else find it appropriate that the Preds are using the same technique on the KHL, the US used on the Soviets to win the cold war? Force them to spend to oblivion and then pick up the pieces afterwards.

From Puck Daddy's post it sounds like it's not Nashville or Radulov's choice to keep him in Russia but his KHL club who might be going broke.


Ufa's funding is being cut but they're not going broke. They'll just be forced to spend more wisely.
Salavat's a team who throws money at good KHL players only to see them sit because the team's depth is great.

Just like Jagr, Radulov will get his salary....he's a marquee player. If he does leave for NHL it will be because there's nothing more to accomplish in the KHL.

Zine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2011, 02:34 PM
  #65
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD
 
BigFatCat999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Campbell, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,211
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zine View Post
Ufa's funding is being cut but they're not going broke. They'll just be forced to spend more wisely.
Salavat's a team who throws money at good KHL players only to see them sit because the team's depth is great.

Just like Jagr, Radulov will get his salary....he's a marquee player. If he does leave for NHL it will be because there's nothing more to accomplish in the KHL.
Does he have anything else left to do in the KHL?

BigFatCat999 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2011, 02:46 PM
  #66
SilasAdams
Registered User
 
SilasAdams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Deadwood
Country: United States
Posts: 1,838
vCash: 500
I'll hate Radulov until he scores that 1st goal then its all Love Again. and no we can't do any better than A-Rad within the NHL.

SilasAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2011, 03:12 PM
  #67
TMI
Mod Supervisor
 
TMI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 45,012
vCash: 500
Wouldn't it be something if Radulov, a player who left because he thought his then-current team couldn't afford to pay him, comes back to the Preds because he's not sure his team can pay him?

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2011, 03:18 PM
  #68
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd
 
worstfaceoffmanever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 12,483
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Does he have anything else left to do in the KHL?
191 points in 160 games
3 Time All-Star
2010 Golden Stick (good chance he'll win it again this year)
2011 Scoring Title (by 15 points)
2011 Gagarin Cup Champion with Ufa

I would say no.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2011, 05:10 PM
  #69
predfan24
Registered User
 
predfan24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 3,246
vCash: 500
Does Rad's stats in the KHL this year shock anybody else except me? 20 Goals 60 assists in 54 games. What in the hell? When did he start playing more like Peter Forsberg? Great talent is great talent but when he was here he was developing into a 40 goal sniper, not a playmaker. If he did come back it would be interesting to see how his game has transformed.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2011, 05:30 PM
  #70
AEM6729
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Nashville
Posts: 1,024
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
I'll admit I have talked a bunch of crap about Rads since he left. I'll also be the first to admit I'd jump right back on the bandwagon if he came back.

I think Poile and Trotz wouldn't be to hard on Rads if he came back even if he didn't completely play "Predator" hockey. You have to let a guy like that do his thing. After the results of this season and seeing how this team is just a few offensive players away from top tier status in the league. I think Trotz and Poile could learn to bite their tongue.
I somewhat agree that you have to let a guy like that do his thing, but when has Trotz EVER let a guy get away with not buying into our system and just doing his own thing? I can't think of one time this has happened...seems more often he'll scratch whoever refuses to cooperate, no matter how talented they are or might someday be.


Quote:
Originally Posted by NPHC View Post
@dchesnokov Dmitry Chesnokov
Quote from Radulov when asked by Rus media if he said he's going back to the NHL:"Go [screw] yourself and learn English...
Radulov (cont): "...then you won't write bleeping BS."

interesting.
Who knows what kind of sketch situation is going on over there. If I was actively looking for a new job, I probably wouldn't want my current employer to know about it either. Especially if said employer might chop my pinkie off in my sleep.


Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Calling all the former Cold Warriors of the 80's we need another Soviet style meltdown in the KHL stat!

EDIT: http://sportshaze.com/russia/khl/ale...say-never-1765

Marc, 2nd 2011
Most interesting quote to me in this article isn't what he said about the NHL but:

Quote:
I'm not a fan of predictions. But I'm sure tthat he teams which will make it to the Gagarin Cup finals will really deserve it. It won't be easy to reach the final. All the teams that came into the playoff sare pretty equal. Maybe the two top teams look stronger on paper. But on the ice a well-organized team can beat any team of stars.
Pretty mature quote from a guy who, when he was here, seemed to really want to play his own game.


I'd be really interested to know what Weber's thoughts are on Radulov returning. It seemed like Rads had a bad relationship with the old guys, especially Arnott, but our team is different now. If the guys in the locker room are willing to welcome him back, then the fans should be too. God knows we need his offense!

AEM6729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2011, 01:06 AM
  #71
adsfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 3,140
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Wouldn't it be something if Radulov, a player who left because he thought his then-current team couldn't afford to pay him, comes back to the Preds because he's not sure his team can pay him?
Good post TMI!

If Rads comes back, fine. If he doesn't, that is okay by me. The Preds have advanced without him.

adsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2011, 02:05 AM
  #72
SK74 Snipes
Registered User
 
SK74 Snipes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Franklin,TN
Country: United States
Posts: 405
vCash: 500
I just hope he does. He will probably be punched in the face by Weber, then all will be good. I just want to get my Radulov jersey back out.. its Russian though! Don't wanna tempt him again!

SK74 Snipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2011, 11:24 AM
  #73
braindead
Registered User
 
braindead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: The cookie spoke
Country: Tibet
Posts: 2,774
vCash: 500
Refresh my memory: I know the Preds re-work his contract even though he owes one more ELC at under $1M, but can they restructure that year or only future years?

If we can mess with that year, we should front-end load him for next year and put one or two cheap years on the back end.

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2011, 12:56 PM
  #74
TMI
Mod Supervisor
 
TMI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 45,012
vCash: 500
As far as I know that year cannot be changed since the deal has already been signed, and most of it has been played. They can, however, negotiate an extension. We're getting to a point now where, regardless of who we get to fill the offensive hole, we are going to see some mighty interesting contract terms. I'm wondering if the owners are ok with missing out on full revenue sharing for a season or two. If they are then it gets Poile more ammo

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2011, 01:40 PM
  #75
roseyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,069
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
As far as I know that year cannot be changed since the deal has already been signed, and most of it has been played. They can, however, negotiate an extension. We're getting to a point now where, regardless of who we get to fill the offensive hole, we are going to see some mighty interesting contract terms. I'm wondering if the owners are ok with missing out on full revenue sharing for a season or two. If they are then it gets Poile more ammo
I think your right ....Let's just say that Rad comes back and then Dumont and Sully should be gone that is a given ..given what to do with Dumont last year is the question. Then

Fisher/Hornqvist/Radulov
Wilson/Legwand/Ward/SK
Spaling/Smithson/Halichuk/Tootoo
Geofferion/Tootoo/Sk/Halichuk/Wilson


Weber/Suter
Blum/????/Klein
Josi/Ellis
Bouillion

Should we sign SK or trade him along with O'Reilly/Franson what would that bring?
I think we need a better SOB type veteran who in the 3ml range who can play the physical game and have better defensive skills. Weber and Suter need help and we don't have the physical guys in our system. I would trade Klein and Franson and let the kids fill in other slot along with the Cube and with another D
Lombardi at this point is the unknown factor

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:23 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.