HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Timonen to meet with Homer - Why?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-13-2011, 07:23 PM
  #251
BernieParent
Registered User
 
BernieParent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,165
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JABEE View Post
I'm pretty sure that is Coburn, the best player on our team.
You're right; that's Michael "Superstar" Coburn, this team's MVP.

BernieParent is offline  
Old
05-13-2011, 07:58 PM
  #252
ilovetheflyers8
Registered User
 
ilovetheflyers8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: D.C.
Country: French Guiana Independentist
Posts: 4,892
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hextall89 View Post
I like this post. And it was 8000!
If only it were OVER 9000!!!!!!

ilovetheflyers8 is offline  
Old
05-13-2011, 08:02 PM
  #253
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
FAT SLOB
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 47,565
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetheflyers8 View Post
If only it were OVER 9000!!!!!!
Working on it.

Beef Invictus is offline  
Old
05-13-2011, 08:10 PM
  #254
flyersfan187
Registered User
 
flyersfan187's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Morrisdale, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,864
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to flyersfan187 Send a message via Skype™ to flyersfan187
I went through pages on here and didn't see if anyone knows what was said at the meeting, but I was thinking since the team was split in half with this system that Lavy runs. Maybe Kimmo was seeing what will happen with Lavy in the off season and if he returns Kimmo will retire? Lets face it, his system is not for Kimmo or Pronger or OD or Carle. Its a system that uses too much energy for those players to stay effective all season long, especially in a deep playoff run.

flyersfan187 is offline  
Old
05-13-2011, 08:11 PM
  #255
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Traveling...
Country: Cuba
Posts: 16,203
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan187 View Post
I went through pages on here and didn't see if anyone knows what was said at the meeting, but I was thinking since the team was split in half with this system that Lavy runs. Maybe Kimmo was seeing what will happen with Lavy in the off season and if he returns Kimmo will retire? Lets face it, his system is not for Kimmo or Pronger or OD or Carle. Its a system that uses too much energy for those players to stay effective all season long, especially in a deep playoff run.
Thats a HUGE speculation right there and pretty much 0 basis.

In other words, the system isnt right for our whole defense?

sa cyred is offline  
Old
05-13-2011, 08:17 PM
  #256
flyersfan187
Registered User
 
flyersfan187's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Morrisdale, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,864
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to flyersfan187 Send a message via Skype™ to flyersfan187
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Thats a HUGE speculation right there and pretty much 0 basis.

In other words, the system isnt right for our whole defense?
I didn't say he was saying that, but I could see it happen. This defensive group played like crap in the playoffs outside of Coburn and Mez. This system is perfect for Coburn and Mez. That is why I think they should trade Coburn right now because his stock probably won't be much higher than it is right now and that would free up a lot of cap space. And Lavy is a good coach too so its hard to say with what this team will do.

flyersfan187 is offline  
Old
05-13-2011, 08:31 PM
  #257
ShotScore*
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Philadelphia,Pa.
Country: Italy
Posts: 926
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bort Sampson View Post
For those of us that aren't convinced, can you give some more examples?
I don't know how much more you need.

Coburn is faster, better positionally, better awareness, and commits less bonehead plays than Timonen.

At least this year.

ShotScore* is offline  
Old
05-13-2011, 08:39 PM
  #258
flyersfan187
Registered User
 
flyersfan187's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Morrisdale, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,864
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to flyersfan187 Send a message via Skype™ to flyersfan187
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShotScore View Post
I don't know how much more you need.

Coburn is faster, better positionally, better awareness, and commits less bonehead plays than Timonen.

At least this year.
Coburn has had his best season easily this year and Kimmo one of he worst. But Coburn has a ways to go to get into Kimmos league...

flyersfan187 is offline  
Old
05-13-2011, 08:40 PM
  #259
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
FAT SLOB
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 47,565
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShotScore View Post
I don't know how much more you need.

Coburn is faster, better positionally, better awareness, and commits less bonehead plays than Timonen.

At least this year.
That's where you lost me.

Beef Invictus is offline  
Old
05-13-2011, 08:46 PM
  #260
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Traveling...
Country: Cuba
Posts: 16,203
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
That's where you lost me.
Yea especially positioning. Coburn is out of position alot. The thing is though, he can make up for it at times due to his speed and reach. But positioning and even bone headed mistakes.... bah. Boneheaded mistakes arent at times as bad as Carle, but that and positioning is what separates him from a 3rd/4th to a 2nd and even first.

sa cyred is offline  
Old
05-13-2011, 08:53 PM
  #261
ShotScore*
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Philadelphia,Pa.
Country: Italy
Posts: 926
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
That's where you lost me.
Really?

You didn't see Timonen score on Boucher?

You didn't see Timonen's lack of awareness cost us game 2 vs boston?

Let me remind you then...skip ahead to the 17:28 mark of the video.



Look at how F*ing unaware Timonen is.

I mean really, am I imagining how bad this guy is? Because that's what everyone on this board is making me feel like.

The replay clearly shows that my eyes did not deceive me the first time I saw it.

Timonen was f*ing horrible this year and even worse in the playoffs.

Listen to the announcer at the end of the video. He blames Timonen.

ShotScore* is offline  
Old
05-13-2011, 08:57 PM
  #262
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
FAT SLOB
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 47,565
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShotScore View Post
Really?

You didn't see Timonen score on Boucher?

You didn't see Timonen's lack of awareness cost us game 2 vs boston?

Let me remind you then...skip ahead to the 17:28 mark of the video.



Look at how F*ing unaware Timonen is.

I mean really, am I imagining how bad this guy is? Because that's what everyone on this board is making me feel like.

The replay clearly shows that my eyes did not deceive me the first time I saw it.

Timonen was f*ing horrible this year and even worse in the playoffs.

Listen to the announcer at the end of the video. He blames Timonen.

You can go through and find goals where Wayne Gretzky did bad things and the puck ended up in the back of the net...does that mean he sucked? Every player makes mistakes. You act like Timonen blows every play, and sucks the whole time he's on the ice.

That isn't the case. With Timonen, mistakes like this are the exception to the rule...not the rule. You are literally the only person who doesn't see this, likely because you hate him so much that you ignore him unless he isn't being perfect.

edit: I love how you claim that Timonen is responsible for losing Game 2. Right, Thomas and Boston had nothing to do with it, right? ALL ON TIMONEN.

Beef Invictus is offline  
Old
05-13-2011, 08:59 PM
  #263
flyersfan187
Registered User
 
flyersfan187's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Morrisdale, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,864
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to flyersfan187 Send a message via Skype™ to flyersfan187
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShotScore View Post
Really?

You didn't see Timonen score on Boucher?

You didn't see Timonen's lack of awareness cost us game 2 vs boston?

Let me remind you then...skip ahead to the 17:28 mark of the video.



Look at how F*ing unaware Timonen is.

I mean really, am I imagining how bad this guy is? Because that's what everyone on this board is making me feel like.

The replay clearly shows that my eyes did not deceive me the first time I saw it.

Timonen was f*ing horrible this year and even worse in the playoffs.

Listen to the announcer at the end of the video. He blames Timonen.
Kimmo was gassed by the time the playoffs came around. I don't blame him for that.

flyersfan187 is offline  
Old
05-13-2011, 09:02 PM
  #264
ShotScore*
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Philadelphia,Pa.
Country: Italy
Posts: 926
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan187 View Post
Kimmo was gassed by the time the playoffs came around. I don't blame him for that.
I see, so now we're down to making excuses for him.

Well guess what?

At a 7.250 mil salary and a cap hit of 6.333 mil this year F excuses.

ShotScore* is offline  
Old
05-13-2011, 09:04 PM
  #265
flyersfan187
Registered User
 
flyersfan187's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Morrisdale, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,864
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to flyersfan187 Send a message via Skype™ to flyersfan187
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShotScore View Post
I see, so now we're down to making excuses for him.

Well guess what?

At a 7.250 mil salary and a cap hit of 6.333 mil this year F excuses.
When did you start watching the Flyers?

flyersfan187 is offline  
Old
05-13-2011, 09:06 PM
  #266
ShotScore*
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Philadelphia,Pa.
Country: Italy
Posts: 926
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
You can go through and find goals where Wayne Gretzky did bad things and the puck ended up in the back of the net...does that mean he sucked? Every player makes mistakes. You act like Timonen blows every play, and sucks the whole time he's on the ice.

That isn't the case. With Timonen, mistakes like this are the exception to the rule...not the rule. You are literally the only person who doesn't see this, likely because you hate him so much that you ignore him unless he isn't being perfect.

edit: I love how you claim that Timonen is responsible for losing Game 2. Right, Thomas and Boston had nothing to do with it, right? ALL ON TIMONEN.

First of all, I don't hate the guy. I see mistakes like this ALMOST EVERY GAME from him Beef and I saw all 82 regular season games and all the playoffs.

He was mistake prone the ENTIRE SEASON.

That's why I ***** about him. Because his level of play is not equal to his salary. Not even close.

ShotScore* is offline  
Old
05-13-2011, 09:07 PM
  #267
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
FAT SLOB
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 47,565
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShotScore View Post
I see, so now we're down to making excuses for him.

Well guess what?

At a 7.250 mil salary and a cap hit of 6.333 mil this year F excuses.
Timonen's on ice play AND his locker room presence justify his contract. Carle has yet to come close to justifying his cap hit. Even Mez hasn't really justified his, but he comes much closer than Carle.

Beef Invictus is offline  
Old
05-13-2011, 09:07 PM
  #268
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
FAT SLOB
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 47,565
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShotScore View Post
First of all, I don't hate the guy. I see mistakes like this ALMOST EVERY GAME from him Beef and I saw all 82 regular season games and all the playoffs.

He was mistake prone the ENTIRE SEASON.

That's why I ***** about him. Because his level of play is not equal to his salary. Not even close.
If you hate mistake prone players, you must REALLY despise Carle. Pronger wasn't up to par either, where's the hate for him?

Beef Invictus is offline  
Old
05-13-2011, 09:08 PM
  #269
ShotScore*
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Philadelphia,Pa.
Country: Italy
Posts: 926
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan187 View Post
When did you start watching the Flyers?
1968.

ShotScore* is offline  
Old
05-13-2011, 09:09 PM
  #270
ShotScore*
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Philadelphia,Pa.
Country: Italy
Posts: 926
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Timonen's on ice play AND his locker room presence justify his contract. Carle has yet to come close to justifying his cap hit. Even Mez hasn't really justified his, but he comes much closer than Carle.
His on ice play and locker room presence?

You mean his horrible play justifies his salary?

And the locker room with no leadership as well?

ShotScore* is offline  
Old
05-13-2011, 09:09 PM
  #271
Jray42
Win it for Kimmo
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 3,794
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShotScore View Post
I don't know how much more you need.

Coburn is faster, better positionally, better awareness, and commits less bonehead plays than Timonen.

At least this year.

Jray42 is online now  
Old
05-13-2011, 09:11 PM
  #272
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
FAT SLOB
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 47,565
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShotScore View Post
His on ice play and locker room presence?

You mean his horrible play justifies his salary?

And the locker room with no leadership as well?
Yeah, you HAVE to be trolling.

If not, you need to learn what makes a good defenseman. The fact that every single person here disagrees with you should be a red flag.

Beef Invictus is offline  
Old
05-13-2011, 09:20 PM
  #273
ShotScore*
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Philadelphia,Pa.
Country: Italy
Posts: 926
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Yeah, you HAVE to be trolling.

If not, you need to learn what makes a good defenseman. The fact that every single person here disagrees with you should be a red flag.
No it doesn't because every single person in here told me I was wrong when I said we can't go into the playoffs with a rookie as a starter and Boosh as his backup.

Guess what? I was right and everyone was wrong.

I also know this....when I make a statement about a player, team, management decision, etc., etc., I have no agenda.

Absolutely none.

I call it exactly how I really see it.

I'm not some fanboy who makes esoteric arguments to try to defend my favorite player. Or come up with some goofy statistic to try to prove my argument.

I say what I mean and mean what I say.

No agendas.

And I GUARANTEE you one thing.....

there ain't too many other people in here you can say that about.

ShotScore* is offline  
Old
05-13-2011, 09:28 PM
  #274
Jray42
Win it for Kimmo
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 3,794
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShotScore View Post
No it doesn't because every single person in here told me I was wrong when I said we can't go into the playoffs with a rookie as a starter and Boosh as his backup.

Guess what? I was right and everyone was wrong.

I also know this....when I make a statement about a player, team, management decision, etc., etc., I have no agenda.

Absolutely none.

I call it exactly how I really see it.

I'm not some fanboy who makes esoteric arguments to try to defend my favorite player. Or come up with some goofy statistic to try to prove my argument.

I say what I mean and mean what I say.

No agendas.

And I GUARANTEE you one thing.....

there ain't too many other people in here you can say that about.
How the hell are you so sure your so unbiased, but of course everybody else is? Why are you so quick to make judgements and guarentee everyone else has agendas, etc. meanwhile you dont? Do you personally know everyone on this forum, let alone this thread?

To say your the only one who didnt think we needed improved goaltending is untrue and ignorant.


Every signle arguement ive seen on here, which admittingly has only been a couple, have you against the rest of the thread. Coincidence? Kind of like that show, 1 vs. 100.

Jray42 is online now  
Old
05-13-2011, 09:33 PM
  #275
ShotScore*
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Philadelphia,Pa.
Country: Italy
Posts: 926
vCash: 500
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jray42 View Post
How the hell are you so sure your so unbiased, but of course everybody else is? Why are you so quick to make judgements and guarentee everyone else has agendas, etc. meanwhile you dont? Do you personally know everyone on this forum, let alone this thread?

To say your the only one who didnt think we needed improved goaltending is untrue and ignorant.


Every signle arguement ive seen on here, which admittingly has only been a couple, have you against the rest of the thread. Coincidence? Kind of like that show, 1 vs. 100.
To answer your question...I'll give you an example.

Timonen played poorly this season and even worse in the playoffs. This is an absolute fact.

Yet, there are people here who still deny it even when you put the facts in their face.

Some will even make excuses for him.

When I see this behavior, I know I'm dealing with people who have some sort of agenda.

I NEVER DO.

ShotScore* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:44 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.