HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who is starting on D vs. Sabres?

Closed Thread

Old
10-15-2003, 08:35 PM
Copper&Blue4Life

vCash: 500
Who is starting on D vs. Sabres?

I would like to know who McT is going to start on Defence tomorrow night against the Sabres. I think they should let Semenov play instead of Bergeron. I know Bergeron has played well and you will all make the arguement that Fergy should be sitting, but he is so damn consistent. I mean look at that guys +/- last year. He just doesnt mess up. I think Semenov should be a regular. He is very consistent and could also have an offensive upside in that game. Then you could also make a bid for Bergeron to start as well, because we need some goals so i think we should go with the defence pairings that will bring the most offence out of our defence.

Old
10-15-2003, 10:33 PM
Spearing47

Send a message via MSN to Spearing47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copper&Blue4Life
I would like to know who McT is going to start on Defence tomorrow night against the Sabres. I think they should let Semenov play instead of Bergeron. I know Bergeron has played well and you will all make the arguement that Fergy should be sitting, but he is so damn consistent. I mean look at that guys +/- last year. He just doesnt mess up. I think Semenov should be a regular. He is very consistent and could also have an offensive upside in that game. Then you could also make a bid for Bergeron to start as well, because we need some goals so i think we should go with the defence pairings that will bring the most offence out of our defence.

Stop thinkin'

Bergy is in tonight against the Sabres.

Semenov is still in the pressbox.

Old
10-15-2003, 10:52 PM
Cerebral

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEGOON63
Stop thinkin'

Bergy is in tonight against the Sabres.

Semenov is still in the pressbox.
Is that confirmed or just your opinion? I personally think Semenov needs to get in this game, though not at the expense of Bergeron. Cross should sit this one out for his mental lapse in the Calgary game and hopefully Semi can come out with a new attitude!

Old
10-16-2003, 03:28 AM
Spearing47

Send a message via MSN to Spearing47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerebral
Is that confirmed or just your opinion? I personally think Semenov needs to get in this game, though not at the expense of Bergeron. Cross should sit this one out for his mental lapse in the Calgary game and hopefully Semi can come out with a new attitude!

Confirmed

Old
10-16-2003, 07:09 AM
ZIM

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copper&Blue4Life
If it's offence you want then sit Ferguson. He is averaging 1 point every 13 games over the past 2 years. Cory Cross is a scoring machine compared to Ferguson. One thing Ferguson does bring is toughness, unfortunately he also takes stupid penalties. Ferguson does have a good +/-. Eric Brewer had a bad +/- last year and isn't doing great this year either. Maybe he should sit?
Semenov has a hard shot but never gets it away.
MAB and Staios (Brewer type points with good +/-) seem to be the offence as far as defence goes.

Old
10-16-2003, 07:25 AM
USC Trojans
I have a plan.

Cory Cross is not a scorer...for some reason, Paul Coffey possessed his body towards the end of last season and turned him into an offensive d-man. His brain farts during the Nucks and Flamers games should be more than enough to kick him into the press box.

(oh why oh why did Lowe give him that extension???)

Closed Thread