HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Finland

Jani Lajunen

Old
05-14-2011, 02:22 AM
thomast

vCash: 500
Jani Lajunen

Reminds me alot a young Mikko Koivu. Mikko Koivu took huge step after going to NA but i think Lajunen could be our new M. Koivu in the future. He simply does it all and he has even better speed. Bright future infront of him.

thomast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2011, 09:00 AM
Pajicz

Send a message via Yahoo to Pajicz
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomast View Post
Reminds me alot a young Mikko Koivu. Mikko Koivu took huge step after going to NA but i think Lajunen could be our new M. Koivu in the future. He simply does it all and he has even better speed. Bright future infront of him.
It isn't much if you're faster than Mikko Koivu...

I think Lajunen could be succesful in North America, but new Mikko Koivu might be out of reach; after all, Koivu was 9th overall pick, Lajunen 201st.

Pajicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2011, 09:36 AM
thomast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajicz View Post
It isn't much if you're faster than Mikko Koivu...

I think Lajunen could be succesful in North America, but new Mikko Koivu might be out of reach; after all, Koivu was 9th overall pick, Lajunen 201st.
Yeah i agree with you there's long way to go but i ment how he fights in the rink leaves everything on ice like Mikko and isn't bad at offensive zone aswell. Plays similar hockey with M. Koivu. Could be M. Koivu lite. But his future is in the national team for sure. I won't expect lajunen to get same numbers than Koivu ever but he could be regular NHLer.

Old
05-14-2011, 12:14 PM
gib

Isn`t Lajunen more of a winger than center? I haven`t seen that many games by Lajunen, but in my mind he`s more like Mika Pyörälä type of player. Still future seems pretty good for him.

gib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2011, 12:18 PM
thomast

Quote:
Originally Posted by gib View Post
Isn`t Lajunen more of a winger than center? I haven`t seen that many games by Lajunen, but in my mind he`s more like Mika Pyörälä type of player. Still future seems pretty good for him.
Center can play winger aswell. Played whole season as a center.

Old
05-16-2011, 11:01 AM
allmightyking

Possible solid player for 3-4rd line in the future at Nashville.

allmightyking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 08:12 PM
Loffer

vCash: 954
What's wrong with this kid, still o+o in the AHL after 14 games. It's a long long way to the bigs. Looks pretty unlikely right now.

Loffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 02:35 AM
QnebO

Lajunen.. Good euro player at best. I dont see a chance for NHL.. Not good enough for NHL top 6, not good enough for bottom six style neither. :/

Nowhere near skill level of Koivu.. can hold the puck somehow but nothing special like Koivu. I dont see the point of comparing with the Koivu, or neither with S. Koivu. I think this must be written with very strong blues-glasses on.

Just like some other guy claiming that Tuukka Mäntylä would be better to National team than Ossi Väänänen. Väänänen is actually underrated. He proved himself among the toughest for example in the World Cup 2004. Solid plays against Yzerman, Mario Lemieux ect. on that amazing Canadian team, on the World Cup Final, played on small rink, with NHL rules and refs. The test, It doesn't get any tougher than that. Mäntylä is nowhere in near beloging to that club. Mäntylä, he's just EHT-tryout at best on NT, probably nothing. Neither is Lajunen nowhere near to "Koivus club", no ****ing chance.

Granlund is the one who can make it on both Koivu's best days level on NHL, sizewise more like Saku, and Barkov could be more like Mikko.
But luckily Granlund and Barkov are their own players, and they can be different, and can become even more then Koivu's are.

Last edited by QnebO: 11-19-2012 at 02:42 AM.
QnebO is offline   Reply With Quote