HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Cammalleri / pavelski

Old
05-14-2011, 07:45 AM
jonnybullit4390

vCash: 500
Cammalleri / pavelski

When you want an élite player you need to give one so i want people to tell me if this one on one is good or somebody need to add to make it fair for both team

Cammalleri
Vs
Pavelski

Who need to add and what would it be

jonnybullit4390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2011, 07:58 AM
Vujtek

Montreal would need to add and even then Sharks wouldn't want that deal. They can't afford to take an extra two million on another forward. They also already have Marleau and Clowe on the left side, and Heatley and Setoguchi on the right side so no need for another top-6 winger - especially not for one already making $6.0 million per season.

If San Jose would trade Pavelski it would be for D-man. So think Subban which will obviously be a non-starter for Montreal.

Vujtek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2011, 08:10 AM
jonnybullit4390

Let assume Montreal sign Markov for 3 years 5m a year would that be something you would consider ? Markov Vs pavelski ?? Markov and Boyle would be one of the beat PP in the league !! Don't get me wrong I know that when you sign a player it not to trade it but maybe it would fit both needs

Old
05-14-2011, 08:13 AM
Vujtek

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnybullit4390 View Post
Let assume Montreal sign Markov for 3 years 5m a year would that be something you would consider ? Markov Vs pavelski ?? Markov and Boyle would be one of the beat PP in the league !! Don't get me wrong I know that when you sign a player it not to trade it but maybe it would fit both needs
I'm not a Sharks fan so nothing for me to consider.

A signed Markov vs. Pavelski is good value IF Markov is healthy. I don't know his status but didn't he have serious knee injuries and that's a big issue.

Also sign-and-trades rarely ever happens in NHL so not likely scenario.

Vujtek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2011, 08:22 AM
jonnybullit4390

Yes i Know It neveu happen but i was just wondering about the value !! He just Got back from a knee surgery but they say he will get back 100% !! I'm not sure he will 100% but I would say probably 90% !! Markov would still be a dominant dman at 90% !! his vision would still remain the same

Old
05-14-2011, 09:01 AM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Wouldn't do it as a Habs fan, not because it's not fair value or I don't want Pavelski but because there's no way to get rid of Gomez at the current time. All this trade would do is take playing time away from our young guys trying to get in the lineup/get playing time because Martin doesn't scratch veterans or lower their ice time. If we could dump Gomez it would certainly be ideal to have a 1-2 center punch with Plekanec and Pavelski. Habs would need a new top 6 winger though, since we've only got four and I don't think Pouliot is ready to step up.

The Kremelin Wall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2011, 09:19 AM
Anksun

Send a message via ICQ to Anksun
Given current team situation, Habs are not trading Cammalleri for Pavelski imo. Markov is also an absolute no.

Anksun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2011, 11:33 AM
Playmaker09
Valar Morghulis

Pavelski's not any more of a #1 centre than Plekanec is so I don't see any reason for us to make that trade. Eller and Leblanc will be enough to fill the #2/3 center positions for a long time.

Playmaker09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2011, 12:02 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

A signed Markov would be good, but Marky would want a NTC and he seems to really like Montréal and want to stay, so he wouldn't waive it unless Montréal did to him, what Tampa did to Boyle back when they had ****** management and GM.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2011, 12:17 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

You don't trade a center like Pavelski for a winger like Cammalleri with a cap hit that is too large. The deal makes no sense for San Jose.

KINGS17 is online now   Reply With Quote