HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

HF Organizational Rankings (Rangers Ranked 7)

View Poll Results: Where will the Rangers wind up?
1-5 spot 7 7.61%
6-10 spot 42 45.65%
11-15 spot 37 40.22%
16-20 spot 6 6.52%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Old
05-14-2011, 02:12 AM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

vCash: 500
HF Organizational Rankings (Rangers Ranked 7)

The HF Organizational Rankings are being released. Teams 21-30 are out and several of our divisional rivals are on the list of teams with bad prospects: Philly, Washington, Pittsburgh.

I think it would be good to have a thread discussing it.

Also, any predictions on where the Rangers will wind up?

Beacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2011, 02:14 AM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

I voted 1-5 spot, but now that I am thinking about it, I think it won't be that high. No way, not with Stepan, MDZ, etc no longer being prospects. It will be 6-10 or 11-15.

Last edited by Beacon: 05-14-2011 at 02:27 AM.
Old
05-14-2011, 02:15 AM
JeffMangum
Registered Ab-user

11-15. Losing Stepan, Sauer, MDZ, etc hurt, and with Grachev's stock falling, we could fall from 12 to 14/15/16, I think.

Last edited by JeffMangum: 05-14-2011 at 02:37 AM.
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2011, 02:31 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 910
Awards:
I'd guess between 12-16.

nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2011, 02:42 AM
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

Went with 11-15.

Wraparounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2011, 02:45 AM
t3hg00se

Send a message via AIM to t3hg00se
#10 I'll say

t3hg00se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2011, 03:09 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2011, 05:31 AM
Panfork
Pacioretty Hater

#15, right in the middle.

Nah, for real I think we'll land somewhere between 8 and 13. I feel optimistic today, so I voted 6-10.

Panfork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2011, 09:21 AM
UAGoalieGuy

Has McDonagh graduated yet? If not, I could see the Rangers being around 11 to 15.

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2011, 09:38 AM
N9Y4R
Bleed Blue

Voted 11-15. Think they will be in the 9-12 range.

N9Y4R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2011, 12:54 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Around 13.

EvilCorporateLawyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2011, 01:17 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

I think 11 or 12. Losing Stepan hurts but if McDonagh is still considered a prospect his stock must've skyrocketed and Thomas should boost us up too. Then obviously you have Kreider who HF loves and guys like Fasth and Hagelin who have the potential to be good players.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2011, 01:32 PM
Callahan Auto
Rational Police

I voted 6-10 but I feel like it's more 8-12.

McDonagh and MZA are still considered prospects by HF's standards. Both could find their way into the top 50 (McDonagh definitely will). Add them to an already strong pool, and 6-10 sounds about right. All we've lost from last year is Sauer and Stepan and most teams lose a couple top 10 players each year. Sauer didn't even really figure into our rankings last year, most people had him lower than he should of been because of injuries.

McDonagh, MZA, Kreider, Thomas, and Grachev is a great top 5 (could end up with 3-4 in the top 50) and we have decent depth all around. We're definitely above average prospect wise.

Callahan Auto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2011, 02:16 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

I think Kreider and Thomas should be in the top 50, as well as McDonaugh obviously. McDonaugh will be up on top of the list, in the top 20-25, and Kreider and Thomas near the bottom, in the 40-50 range.

I think the Rangers being ranked 8-12 seems like a reasonable range, as others have written.

Old
05-14-2011, 02:22 PM
TrollololBoyle

What we know:

In the last Organizational Rankings, the Rangers were #9 on the list.

The Bruins and Capitals, both who ranked ahead of us in the last rankings at #5 and #7 respectively fell back to the bottom third due to trades and graduating prospects.

The Predators were #1 on the list during the last poll. At the time, their top prospects were: Colin Wilson, Jonathan Blum, Charles-Olivier Roussel, Chet Pickard, and Taylor Beck. Of those, only Wilson is considered to have graduated.

The Kings were #2 on the list. Jonathan Bernier, Brayden Schenn, Derek Forbort, Andrei Loktionov, and Thomas Hickey were considered their top prospects. Only Colten Teubert was traded.

The Oilers were #3 on the list. Taylor Hall, Jordan Eberle and Magnus Paajarvi all have graduated, so they surely dropped. Though they still have Petry, Pitlick, Marincin, Hamilton and Omark considered as prospects.

The Panthers at #4 lost Bergfors, Ellerby and Kulikov to graduation, but still have Gudbranson, Markstrom, Bjugstad rounding out their top 3.

The Blues at #6 lost Pietrangelo to graduation. But strong years from Tarasenko and Schwartz kept the Blues prospect pool well grounded in position.

The Blue Jackets at #8 did not lost any prospects graduation yet. Nikita Filatov, Ryan Johansen, John Moore, Cody Goloubef, Matthew Calvert round out their top 5. Filatov's stock has slipped, but Johansen has become one of the best prospects around the league.

The Rangers come in at #9. Anisimov, Boyle, Del Zotto, Sauer and Stepan have all graduated. But top prospects Kreider, Grachev, Zucarello, and McDonagh still remain at the top of their list along with Christian Thomas whose 2011 season has surely boosted his value.

The Red Wings come in at #10, blah blah...

The Black Hawks come in at #11, blah blah...

The Maple Leafs, #12, had the greatest haul of prospects come into their organization this year. With Colbourne and Gardiner coming in trades, and Reimer establishing himself as one of the better goalie prospects.

I'm not doing this anymore, as it is getting rather boring, and pointless, but we all get the scoop.

TrollololBoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2011, 03:27 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

The funny thing is - in a way it all comes down to perhaps the most fiercely debated question on these boards in the past year: is Dylan McIlrath a blue chip prospect?

If HF is down on him like many posters (as opposed to, say, Tarasenko), then the team likely slips from last year's rankings. If they are high on him or consider him at least "pretty good", then Thomas's emergence plus the fact that McDonagh was such a revelation (yet still counts as a prospect), probably keeps them steady or even bumps them a spot or two.

I figure we come in 9 or 10.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2011, 03:30 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

I feel 11-15 as well.

We have a lot of good prospects that aren't deemed to be prospects anymore so I think that hurt us a little.

However I think we're still pretty high because we still have a lot of solid prospects like Kreider, Thomas, McIlrath, etc.

EDIT: Since apparently 13 is out lucky number I think we are going to be 13.

05-14-2011, 03:32 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Forgot about Mac.

Doubt he helps or hurts us too much here.

Old
05-14-2011, 03:34 PM
Machinehead
TG15:WoodlandCritter

I voted 16-20. Anybody of any real quality has already graduated imo and the depth behind them is lacking. McDonagh is an animal, Kreider is highly touted, and Stepan and Zuc should be solid. After that, it's meh.

EDIT: I forgot Thomas, I do like Thomas. I'll have to see more from him for now, but he could push us up later.

Last edited by Machinehead: 05-14-2011 at 03:43 PM.
Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2011, 03:41 PM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukSOGoal View Post
What we know:

In the last Organizational Rankings, the Rangers were #9 on the list.

The Bruins and Capitals, both who ranked ahead of us in the last rankings at #5 and #7 respectively fell back to the bottom third due to trades and graduating prospects.

The Predators were #1 on the list during the last poll. At the time, their top prospects were: Colin Wilson, Jonathan Blum, Charles-Olivier Roussel, Chet Pickard, and Taylor Beck. Of those, only Wilson is considered to have graduated.

The Kings were #2 on the list. Jonathan Bernier, Brayden Schenn, Derek Forbort, Andrei Loktionov, and Thomas Hickey were considered their top prospects. Only Colten Teubert was traded.

The Oilers were #3 on the list. Taylor Hall, Jordan Eberle and Magnus Paajarvi all have graduated, so they surely dropped. Though they still have Petry, Pitlick, Marincin, Hamilton and Omark considered as prospects.

The Panthers at #4 lost Bergfors, Ellerby and Kulikov to graduation, but still have Gudbranson, Markstrom, Bjugstad rounding out their top 3.

The Blues at #6 lost Pietrangelo to graduation. But strong years from Tarasenko and Schwartz kept the Blues prospect pool well grounded in position.

The Blue Jackets at #8 did not lost any prospects graduation yet. Nikita Filatov, Ryan Johansen, John Moore, Cody Goloubef, Matthew Calvert round out their top 5. Filatov's stock has slipped, but Johansen has become one of the best prospects around the league.

The Rangers come in at #9. Anisimov, Boyle, Del Zotto, Sauer and Stepan have all graduated. But top prospects Kreider, Grachev, Zucarello, and McDonagh still remain at the top of their list along with Christian Thomas whose 2011 season has surely boosted his value.

The Red Wings come in at #10, blah blah...

The Black Hawks come in at #11, blah blah...

The Maple Leafs, #12, had the greatest haul of prospects come into their organization this year. With Colbourne and Gardiner coming in trades, and Reimer establishing himself as one of the better goalie prospects.

I'm not doing this anymore, as it is getting rather boring, and pointless, but we all get the scoop.
Insightful. Thanks for the homework that offers some reference putting it into perspective.

I voted 6-10. I think it will be 10.
If, however, they can get that skating guru they have, what's her name, to work Tysen Dowzak and one or two others who have all they physical gifts to otherwise excel except for skating, then we crack the top 5.

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2011, 03:46 PM
3Four3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
I voted 6-10. I think it will be 10.
If, however, they can get that skating guru they have, what's her name, to work Tysen Dowzak and one or two others who have all they physical gifts to otherwise excel except for skating, then we crack the top 5.
Barbara Underhill.

I think all the young bloods, even the ones currently on the Rangers roster, should practice with her.

3Four3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2011, 03:53 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Barb was able to help Boyle so much because she focused specifically on him and they worked hard all summer.

She's not going to magically be able to take every prospect over the summer and teach them how to skate. It's a long and difficult process that she can probably do only with one, maybe two, guys at a time.

Old
05-14-2011, 03:55 PM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Four3 View Post
Barbara Underhill.

I think all the young bloods, even the ones currently on the Rangers roster, should practice with her.
Thanks and agree, except it's really sad that a couple of guys with strength, stamina, strong shot, solid position, etc, aren't progressing because they of what seems to be only one drawback they might be able to overcome, their footwork. Those are the ones who really need special tutoring.

Old
05-14-2011, 03:58 PM
3Four3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Barb was able to help Boyle so much because she focused specifically on him and they worked hard all summer.

She's not going to magically be able to take every prospect over the summer and teach them how to skate. It's a long and difficult process that she can probably do only with one, maybe two, guys at a time.
If I'm not mistaken, she also helped other players for other teams as well. Maple Leafs being associated with her also springs to mind.

3Four3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2011, 04:02 PM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post

Yes!
And Dowzak is a Boyle-esque candidate for this; taller (6'5 o5 6'6, I forget which), but reportedly very strong, good stamina, hard, heavy shot.

In Tysen's case, as a D, if you wanted to rush him or accept certain limitations in his game to get the benefits of the rest of his game, as someone strong enough to clear the crease, he could be paired with a faster guy like Gilroy, MDZ, work in tandem.
If only he could break that barrier.. would be a real asset.