HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Oilers Sabres

Old
05-14-2011, 02:00 AM
thalegion

vCash: 500
Oilers Sabres

To Buffalo:

31 Overall
Gilbert Brule

To Edmonton

Brayden McNabb
3rd rounder

thalegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2011, 02:06 AM
GCM
Stork

I need to know more about McNabb but as it stands sounds good for Buffalo. They could use some centers and that is a high second.

Then again Brule is an injury prone center and Sabres probably want to distance themselves from those.

GCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2011, 02:22 AM
8BostonRocker24

Edmonton POV: Ummmmm.... no.

8BostonRocker24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2011, 04:25 AM
Oilmageddon*
What are you hearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8BostonRocker24 View Post
Edmonton POV: Ummmmm.... no.
And the sad part a Oil fan posted this not a chance I dont get hyped on a overage player having a good year stats wise it is expected for a 20 year old dman with 5 years in the dub.

Oilmageddon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2011, 04:45 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
A big no thanks from Edmonton. We got a hell of a steal in Pitlick with 31st overall last year and I don't see Edmonton moving that pick unless they're getting something significant or unless they're moving up in the draft.

As for Brule... could he possibly have had a worse year? I think Edmonton will hang onto him for one more year. I feel really bad about how this guy was handled. Columbus was crazy to have him playing up in the NHL at such a young age.

I'm sure Edmonton wouldn't mind peddling him off for a 4th rounder if there's something decent left... but otherwise it doesn't really make sense to mention him in trade proposals.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2011, 05:23 AM
Evgeni Giroux

no thanks from buffalo as well, do any of you guys now how psysk has been this year?

Evgeni Giroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2011, 05:24 AM
ct2111

Quote:
Originally Posted by newoilburnsclean View Post
And the sad part a Oil fan posted this not a chance I dont get hyped on a overage player having a good year stats wise it is expected for a 20 year old dman with 5 years in the dub.
He's not an overage player.

And I'd rather not trade one of our top prospects for an injury prone player and a high 2nd rounder, who'll need years to develop.

ct2111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2011, 09:41 AM
Evgeni Giroux

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgn View Post
He's not an overage player.

And I'd rather not trade one of our top prospects for an injury prone player and a high 2nd rounder, who'll need years to develop.
exactly, we could sign a better player than gilbert and keep mcnabb

Evgeni Giroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2011, 10:51 AM
tmack224

ya no way from buffalo. Mcnabb is someone I wanna see in portland next year and get some time in call ups before we even think of trading him

tmack224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2011, 11:22 AM
thalegion

Quote:
Your opinion, don't really see where the sad part comes in, I happen to call this a fair proposal, maybe move down to Buffalo's 2nd but that would seem unlikely.

Old
05-14-2011, 11:50 AM
SabresOfBuffalo

Quote:
Every 20 yr old dman is expected to lead his team to the memorial cup while finishing 2nd in scoring in the whl playoffs? You can only hope that 1st round pick turns out as good as McNabb.

SabresOfBuffalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2011, 12:22 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Buffalo says no.

Take out the 2nd from the Oil and McNabb from Buffalo and then talk.

05-14-2011, 12:27 PM
thalegion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
Buffalo says no.

Take out the 2nd from the Oil and McNabb from Buffalo and then talk.
Mcnabb is the principal player in the deal

Old
05-14-2011, 12:37 PM
ct2111

Quote:
Originally Posted by thalegion View Post
McNabb is worth more to the Sabres than a 2nd rounder. Brule could be had with a 3th or something similar in a seperate deal, so I don't see any need to give up McNabb for a pick.

Old
05-14-2011, 12:40 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Then offer better than a part-time 4th liner who may have upside but is looking like a bit-part on a bad team.

Chainshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2011, 12:45 PM
thalegion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
Then offer better than a part-time 4th liner who may have upside but is looking like a bit-part on a bad team.
I like Mcnabb but no, 2nd is more than enough considering his deficiencies, very slow ala plante, can't deny his offensive spark but he needs work before he plays a pro game

Old
05-14-2011, 12:52 PM
ct2111

Quote:
I like Mcnabb but no, 2nd is more than enough considering his deficiencies, very slow ala plante, can't deny his offensive spark but he needs work before he plays a pro game
If you're not convinced, then don't make a trade proposal involving him. A 2nd is simply not enough.

Old
05-14-2011, 12:55 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
If you're not convinced, then don't make a trade proposal involving him. A 2nd is simply not enough.
I think a second would be enough if Buffalo wanted to deal... but there is no impetus for them to make this trade. Unless they're addressing bigger needs, I don't see them shopping one of their best prospects coming off a stellar season to get up into the top of the 2nd round this year. It doesn't fit their stated goals.

Chainshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2011, 12:57 PM
thalegion

Quote:
Because you disagree I shouldn't make a proposal? This proposal based on history is quite realistic, project prospect for a 2nd or 3rd plus a warm body

Old
05-14-2011, 01:02 PM
Poignant Discussion
I tell it like it is

Send a message via MSN to Poignant Discussion Send a message via Yahoo to Poignant Discussion
Quote:
Because you disagree I shouldn't make a proposal? This proposal based on history is quite realistic, project prospect for a 2nd or 3rd plus a warm body
Which Buffalo wouldn't be interested in, so drop it.

Poignant Discussion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2011, 01:05 PM
thalegion

Unrelated topic to my legendary proposal of awesomeness and fairness too all parties involved is Mcnabb signed or does he go back into the draft if not signed in 18 days?

Old
05-14-2011, 01:05 PM
ct2111

Quote:
As every Sabres fan stated in this thread, the Sabres won't trade him for a pick unless it's an overpayment which a 2nd is not. It's not about his fair value, it's about needs and they need him more than some futures. You saying it's enough doesn't consider any needs the Sabres have which is to contend now and not in 5 years. McNabb is a potential partner for Myers or more realistically a top 4 d-man. He represents an combination of skill and grit which the Sabres don't have in their d-prospects. As such he won't be traded, not coming off a fantastic season, playing 30 minutes a night against the opposition's top players while putting up insane numbers. A 2nd is not nearly enough. If he's traded it's for players (preferable not 4th liners), not picks

Old
05-14-2011, 03:54 PM
Homesick

vCash: 50
Every prospect who puts together a hot streak or scores a highlight reel goal automatically becomes "untouchable", and would take a "massive overpayment" to acquire fictionally on HFBoards.

I would rather the Oilers keep that 31st overall since we have Marincin, Blain, and Davidson who had great seasons in Jr., and are all of the same mold; just a year younger.

Homesick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2011, 04:09 PM
ct2111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesick View Post
Every prospect who puts together a hot streak or scores a highlight reel goal automatically becomes "untouchable", and would take a "massive overpayment" to acquire fictionally on HFBoards.

I would rather the Oilers keep that 31st overall since we have Marincin, Blain, and Davidson who had great seasons in Jr., and are all of the same mold; just a year younger.
McNabb is neither untouchable nor does he require overpayment, if he's part of a package that brings in a scoring center or a shutdown d-man. Brule + the pick is neither one of those, so yeah in that case it does require overpayment.

And two full seasons + playoffs isn't just a hot streak. He's improved by leaps and bounds since he was drafted.

Old
05-14-2011, 04:13 PM
GatoradeG*

As an Oilers fan I would not do that trade. Gilbert Brule is useless though. Guy is a total bust. Not that we didn't know that 3 years ago. Hate him. Plus he averages 43 games per season. What a joke.

GatoradeG* is offline   Reply With Quote