HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Eller shoulder surgery; out 4-6 months

Closed Thread

Old
05-14-2011, 02:57 PM
Subban76

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsauce514 View Post
Every player can be injured , it's part of the game. Difference is Halak didn't have any injurie history...Eller was a "risk player", PG took the chance with Eller and it looks like he lost his gamble.
Halak as never proven to be durable and this season sure did not prove other wise. I doubt Halak can play more than 50 games.

As for Eller, he played 3 complete seasons the last 3 years (missing about 5 games per season, 1 in SEL, 1 in AHL and 1 in NHL), so not that injury prone if you ask me.

The kid just turned 22 and can bulk up way more.

Kick on te draw my friend to call this a bust and a lost gamble already. I predict the opposite. Halak becoming a slightly above average goalie (nothing spectacular) and Eller becoming a solid 2 way 2nd line center.

Old
05-14-2011, 02:59 PM
bcv
My french sucks.

Actually, IIRC, he had wrist problems, not shoulders'

Old
05-14-2011, 02:59 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
so is it likely that the habs open next season without gorges, markov, and eller?

Or is Gorges pretty much a lock to be ready?
Markov had ACL surgery in MAY last year (happened game 1 of pittsburgh but he kept holding it off until the habs were eliminated) and was ready in november, so im pretty sure gorges will be ready come october

gorges had surgery on January 19, and its been 4 months since, with 3 more months till training camp which is another month

while markov had surgery on december 8, so its been 6 months for him already with 3 more to go, but since its his 2nd acl surgery, might need a lil more time im not sure, but i would assume he is there in training camp

Old
05-14-2011, 03:02 PM
Subban76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post
Markov had ACL surgery in MAY last year (happened game 1 of pittsburgh but he kept holding it off until the habs were eliminated) and was ready in november, so im pretty sure gorges will be ready come october

gorges had surgery on January 19, and its been 4 months since, with 3 more months till training camp which is another month

while markov had surgery on december 8, so its been 6 months for him already with 3 more to go, but since its his 2nd acl surgery, might need a lil more time im not sure, but i would assume he is there in training camp
Markov was already skating hard apaprently at end of playoffs. Gorges was starting to skate. They both will be top shape for training camp which is in 4 months, same for MaxPac.

Only Eller will be injured.

Old
05-14-2011, 03:11 PM
Bieber fever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subban76 View Post
Halak as never proven to be durable and this season sure did not prove other wise. I doubt Halak can play more than 50 games.

As for Eller, he played 3 complete seasons the last 3 years (missing about 5 games per season, 1 in SEL, 1 in AHL and 1 in NHL), so not that injury prone if you ask me.

The kid just turned 22 and can bulk up way more.

Kick on te draw my friend to call this a bust and a lost gamble already. I predict the opposite. Halak becoming a slightly above average goalie (nothing spectacular) and Eller becoming a solid 2 way 2nd line center.
Only 48 game in the SEL....I can`t find his injury history but where a quote from a STL fan:

Quote:
I'm a Blues fan, came over here to see if it was true or not.....

Quite frankly Eller has a shoulder made of glass, he's had it injured at least 3 times since the Blues had drafted him and he broke his wrist.

I'm pulling for Lars and hoping that he pans out for you guys
so it's the 4th time in 4 years he has problem with his soulder.....and it will only get Worst imo.Add to this his abdominal injury last year and his wrist injury in 2008.

Old
05-14-2011, 03:12 PM
Miller Time

really terrible timing...

could set back his progression considerably since he'll miss 2-3 months of solid training. At his age, he needs that time to add the strength and fine tune the skills to really make jumps.

now he'll come into camp a step back, and with Martin as a coach, that means a long hard road to "earning" more ice time.

on top of that, it all but cements Gomez being here come opening day. As small as the odds were that we'd see him moved, now PG has a built in excuse for not exhausting all potential avenues to getting rid of him.

Old
05-14-2011, 03:36 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

and here we go

Old
05-14-2011, 03:37 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsrock76 View Post
Didnt Eller have shoulder issues in the past, if so this is concerning.
these kind of surgeries have very high success rates, don't worry about him. This is the best move he could have done.

Quote:
Only 48 game in the SEL....I can`t find his injury history but where a quote from a STL fan:

so it's the 4th time in 4 years he has problem with his soulder.....and it will only get Worst imo.Add to this his abdominal injury last year and his wrist injury in 2008.
And you have no freaking clue... He has recurring injuries because he needed the surgery in the first place. The success rate for the kind of surgery he had is phenomenal these days. Without the surgery, he'd likely have re-injured it again many times in his career. With that surgery, there's over 95% chances he'll never re-injure it.

Old
05-14-2011, 03:58 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchise player View Post
And you have no freaking clue... He has recurring injuries because he needed the surgery in the first place. The success rate for the kind of surgery he had is phenomenal these days. Without the surgery, he'd likely have re-injured it again many times in his career. With that surgery, there's over 95% chances he'll never re-injure it.
Eller was playing with anonjured shoulder as you mention just like Gorges was playing with a messed up knee. They should both be better now that they have gotten the issues repaired.

Old
05-14-2011, 04:00 PM
Pepin le bref

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
really terrible timing...

could set back his progression considerably since he'll miss 2-3 months of solid training. At his age, he needs that time to add the strength and fine tune the skills to really make jumps.
now he'll come into camp a step back, and with Martin as a coach, that means a long hard road to "earning" more ice time.

on top of that, it all but cements Gomez being here come opening day. As small as the odds were that we'd see him moved, now PG has a built in excuse for not exhausting all potential avenues to getting rid of him.
Little bit of an OT question but does anyone know how a player trains when hes recovering from that type of injury. He cant lift weights...I guess he can work on his lower body. Neverless, this will surely impact his game early.

Old
05-14-2011, 04:06 PM
Nicko999

vCash: 50
Gotta stay positive, better repair the issue now and be back stronger in November.

Old
05-14-2011, 04:12 PM
Miller Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepin le bref View Post
Little bit of an OT question but does anyone know how a player trains when hes recovering from that type of injury. He cant lift weights...I guess he can work on his lower body. Neverless, this will surely impact his game early.
not sure exactly what kind of surgery he had, so it's hard to say how long he'll be out of training all together...

shouldn't be more than 2-3 weeks.

from there, he can actually do a significant amount of training without using his one injured arm, and with his apparent level of committment/professionalism, I imagine he'll be all over his rehab and general strengthening regime.

The problem is that it will be months before he can start to work on some of the most important sport-specific strengthening. He'll be fine with skating drills, but full-speed shooting/passing/board play/faceoffs and contact drills will all have to wait until his shoulder is healed and he's done a considerable amount of rehab/strengthening.

Not too mention missing out on participating in one of the summer leagues/pre-training camp groups that many players attend.

it's that type of work that really allows an athlete to make use of whatever physical gains (through training, or at Eller's age, through simple growth/physical maturation) they achieve in the offseason and translate them to better effectiveness on the ice.

I'd love to know who is "in charge" of Eller's full recovery/off-season training plan. Some players (and I'm guessing most young players) will follow the team full direction, but I think some prefer to go with their own "teams" (especially if they spend the off-season back in their home country).

Old
05-14-2011, 04:28 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
He was really becoming a special player down the stretch, it's ok as long as everything went alright, should hopefully be back for camp

Old
05-14-2011, 05:08 PM
Protest the Hero

I think I'll trust the guy with the justin bieber avatar to give me the proper diagnosis on all of our injured players. Thank you for letting me know Eller is literally made of glass and will break his shoulder/wrist every year and we should have never traded for him.

Edit: Rereading this post it comes off as mean, I don't mean to get on your case too bad, but holy overreaction Batman. I guess we should've signed http://www.markindapark.com/ so we'd never get "rapped" in trades again.

Last edited by Protest the Hero: 05-14-2011 at 05:20 PM.
Old
05-14-2011, 05:10 PM
jlgib21*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less Habitats View Post
I think I'll trust the guy with the justin bieber avatar to give me the proper diagnosis on all of our injured players. Thank you for letting me know Eller is literally made of glass and will break his shoulder/wrist every year and we should have never traded for him.
He has a line to Dr Recchi. Actually though,shoulder injuries can be tough to overcome without ALOT of down time/rehab

Old
05-14-2011, 05:17 PM
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score

But he's a faking diver who got up just fine. The Canadiens organization is once again making a BS injury report. He won't even have surgery. Dr Recchi can verify.

Old
05-14-2011, 05:23 PM
jlgib21*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blame it on PK View Post
But he's a faking diver who got up just fine. The Canadiens organization is once again making a BS injury report. He won't even have surgery. Dr Recchi can verify.
No,Hamr and Spacek are the big divers on our team. Hopefully P.K will stop as he will soon be the face of our franchise,and is arguably already our best player

Old
05-14-2011, 05:41 PM
Bill McNeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlgib21 View Post
No,Hamr and Spacek are the big divers on our team. Hopefully P.K will stop as he will soon be the face of our franchise,and is arguably already our best player
And yet both have less diving penalties than Chara in their careers.

Old
05-14-2011, 05:44 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

I'd still play him over Pouliot. I'd even play the corpse of Maurice Richard over Pouliot. Seriously though, Eller is a trooper. Carrying on like he did I am sure earned him big time points with Martin. I guess you could say he is the exact opposite of Tanguay. Tanguay had a minor shoulder injury and we all know what happened there. Eller had an obviously major shoulder injury and played his heart out.

Old
05-14-2011, 05:45 PM
jlgib21*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogurt View Post
And yet both have less diving penalties than Chara in their careers.
Where's the link.I'd say Hamr and Spacek dive just a "little" more than Chara. And I don't give a crap what he does anyways. i'm worried about our players causing embarassment to our team

Old
05-14-2011, 05:51 PM
Subban76

Quote:

You do realize the play 55 games in the SEL. So ya, amost complete season as I said before.

So that's 3 in a row.

Old
05-14-2011, 05:58 PM
flowerpower13*

Is this ever gonna end ? Season's not started that we are already without players.

Old
05-14-2011, 06:00 PM
Bill McNeal

Quote:
Where's the link.I'd say Hamr and Spacek dive just a "little" more than Chara. And I don't give a crap what he does anyways. i'm worried about our players causing embarassment to our team
Use Google and NHL.com. They have box scores archived for every game since the lockout. If a player gets called for diving it will appear (on several different pages) under "(player's name) diving".

Chara has 5 diving penalties since the lockout, Spacek 1 and Hamrlik 0.

Chara has 3 of those with the Bruins, Spacek and Hamrlik 0 with the Habs.

And those numbers don't even count this gem, for which he didn't receive a penalty:

Now unless both Spacek and Hamrlik went on incredible diving sprees earlier in their careers, back when the penalty was probably less likely to be called, it's safe to say Chara is a bigger diver than either. And it's a fact that he's a bigger diver on the Bruins than those 2 have been for the Habs.

As for why you should care, because it will help you realize that, despite what people may want you to believe, a butt load of NHL players dive. The majority even. And the captain of the team whose fanbase is leading the anti-diving crusade is one of the biggest divers in the league since the lockout.

Despite all that, Bruins fans see him as a warrior and the Habs as a team full of divers. It won't change no matter who the Habs employ. We could switch teams entirely and they would see it the same way. So there's no point in worrying about whether a player will embarrass your team or not, because in the eyes of some they'll always be guilty.

Old
05-14-2011, 06:20 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
http://www.nhl.com/ice/recap.htm?id=2006020393
http://www.nhl.com/ice/recap.htm?id=2006020206
http://www.nhl.com/ice/recap.htm?id=2010020532

Last edited by Watsatheo: 05-14-2011 at 06:29 PM.
Old
05-14-2011, 06:41 PM
Habs

I ****ing hate Boston so much, its incredible. I am disgusted that they are still in the playoffs.

Closed Thread