HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-12 Roster/FA Discussion & Cap Tracker

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-14-2011, 06:48 PM
  #51
RedGibby
Registered User
 
RedGibby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: London, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 616
vCash: 500
CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS
Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Johan Franzen ($3.954m)
Todd Bertuzzi ($1.937m) / Brooks Laich ($3.000m) / Daniel Cleary ($2.800m)
Darren Helm ($0.912m) / Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Tomas Holmstrom ($1.875m)
Patrick Eaves ($1.000m) / Zenon Konopka ($0.800m) / Justin Abdelkader ($0.787m)
Jan Mursak ($0.550m)

DEFENSEMEN
Nicklas Lidstrom ($4.000m) / Drew Doughty ($7.000m)
Brian Rafalski ($6.000m) / Brad Stuart ($3.750m)
Niklas Kronwall ($3.000m) / Jakub Kindl ($0.883m)
Brendan Smith ($0.875m)

GOALTENDERS
Jimmy Howard ($2.250m) / Jose Theodore ($0.800m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $62,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $61,958,711; BONUSES: $0
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $241,289

That's called dreaming boys!!!

RedGibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2011, 10:48 PM
  #52
ComradeChris
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 595
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedGibby View Post
CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS
Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Johan Franzen ($3.954m)
Todd Bertuzzi ($1.937m) / Brooks Laich ($3.000m) / Daniel Cleary ($2.800m)
Darren Helm ($0.912m) / Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Tomas Holmstrom ($1.875m)
Patrick Eaves ($1.000m) / Zenon Konopka ($0.800m) / Justin Abdelkader ($0.787m)
Jan Mursak ($0.550m)

DEFENSEMEN
Nicklas Lidstrom ($4.000m) / Drew Doughty ($7.000m)
Brian Rafalski ($6.000m) / Brad Stuart ($3.750m)
Niklas Kronwall ($3.000m) / Jakub Kindl ($0.883m)
Brendan Smith ($0.875m)

GOALTENDERS
Jimmy Howard ($2.250m) / Jose Theodore ($0.800m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $62,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $61,958,711; BONUSES: $0
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $241,289

That's called dreaming boys!!!
That's called Miami Heat syndrome. Here's to it happening.

ComradeChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2011, 12:58 AM
  #53
Athtar
Registered User
 
Athtar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,724
vCash: 500
Probably a pipe dream but here is my lineup:

Quote:
CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS
Tomas Holmstrom ($1.875m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Johan Franzen ($3.954m)
Nikolai Zherdev ($2.000m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Daniel Cleary ($2.800m)
Todd Bertuzzi ($1.937m) / Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Patrick Eaves ($1.200m)
Justin Abdelkader ($0.787m) / Darren Helm ($0.912m) / Zenon Konopka ($0.800m)
/ Jan Mursak ($0.550m) / Dick Axelsson ($0.850m)

DEFENSEMEN
Brian Rafalski ($6.000m) / Nicklas Lidstrom ($6.200m)
Niklas Kronwall ($3.000m) / Brad Stuart ($3.750m)
Joni Pitkanen ($4.700m) / Jakub Kindl ($0.883m)

GOALTENDERS
Jimmy Howard ($2.250m) / Ray Emery ($0.750m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $62,000,000; CAP PAYROLL: $60,983,711; BONUSES: $0
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $1,016,289
- I like CB's idea of Zherdev. Could turn out to be a huge winner, if everything clicks.

- Eaves gets a slight pay rise and gets bumped up to the 3rd line.

- Konopka is outstanding in the circle and adds some sandpaper to the roster.

- HTD and Mursak will probably see some scoring line minutes when the inevitable injuries to Homer, Z and Franzen happen. And I would probably rotate them with Abby and Konopka on the 4th line anyway, so they should get plenty of ice time.

- Pitkanen signing for $4.7 million may be unlikely but if Lids takes even a slight pay cut, it gives us a lot of breathing room. And if Lidstrom is willing to take a substantial paycut (like say $5 million or lower), we might even be able to bring Salei (or someone similar) back as the 6th defenseman and have some depth with Kindl as the #7.

Athtar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2011, 02:10 AM
  #54
WingedWheel1987
Ken Holland's office
 
WingedWheel1987's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: GPP Michigan
Posts: 8,487
vCash: 500
Hudler needs to go.

If the Wings lose all 82 games and get rid of Hudler, I will be happy.

Happy Hudler on the Wings = Unhappy me.

WingedWheel1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2011, 04:49 AM
  #55
lazerbullet
Registered User
 
lazerbullet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Europe
Posts: 684
vCash: 500
Zherdev?

He wouldn't last a minute under Babcock. Hudler is like a Peca compared to Zherdev.

Samsonov is also UFA. Lets get them both.

On a serious note, both are decent players with some speed and skill. But I just can't imagine them playing well under Babs.

lazerbullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2011, 06:44 AM
  #56
mindfly
KEN HOLLAND OUT
 
mindfly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bloomfield Hills, MI
Country: Sweden
Posts: 8,823
vCash: 500
Axelsson isn't coming over next season, already been stated.

mindfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2011, 07:40 AM
  #57
nik jr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Country: Congo-Kinshasa
Posts: 10,526
vCash: 500
i don't like the idea of zherdev. generally does not play hard on either side of the puck.

nik jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2011, 07:46 AM
  #58
mindfly
KEN HOLLAND OUT
 
mindfly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bloomfield Hills, MI
Country: Sweden
Posts: 8,823
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nik jr View Post
i don't like the idea of zherdev. generally does not play hard on either side of the puck.
Datsyuk would motivate him, he would watch & learn, no doubt.

mindfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2011, 11:52 AM
  #59
RedGibby
Registered User
 
RedGibby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: London, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 616
vCash: 500
Rob Schremp!!!

RedGibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2011, 01:02 PM
  #60
Ricelund
We like our team.
 
Ricelund's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Detroit, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 5,033
vCash: 500
I love this infatuation with Konopka. There is always some plug Wings fans get obsessed with after a playoff loss that will solve all of the team's problems. A few years ago it was Asham. After that it was Moen. Brad Winchester was a guy a lot of people wanted to see here. Can't forget about big Mark Bell, either. He was going to be the next great power forward!

Konopka has been in the NHL since '05-06 and has only been a full time player on two awful teams. I'm all for getting tougher but the Wings aren't going to sign him.

Ricelund is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2011, 01:03 PM
  #61
mindfly
KEN HOLLAND OUT
 
mindfly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bloomfield Hills, MI
Country: Sweden
Posts: 8,823
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rice View Post
I love this infatuation with Konopka. There is always some plug Wings fans get obsessed with after a playoff loss that will solve all of the team's problems. A few years ago it was Asham. After that it was Moen. Brad Winchester was a guy a lot of people wanted to see here. Can't forget about big Mark Bell, either. He was going to be the next great power forward!

Konopka has been in the NHL since '05-06 and has only been a full time player on two awful teams. The Wings aren't going to sign him.
All of them, Asham, Moen, Konopka would bring more to the table than a Draper, Miller, Modano, so why would anyone who wanna improve their team pick Draper/Miller/Modano.

Just have someone who ALWAYS will protect and stand up for his teammates makes a HUGE difference, players can go out and give it all because they know there will always be that one player on your team who will punish the opposition ifn they cheapshot you.

mindfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2011, 06:21 PM
  #62
sarcastro
Registered User
 
sarcastro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 12,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rice View Post
I love this infatuation with Konopka. There is always some plug Wings fans get obsessed with after a playoff loss that will solve all of the team's problems. A few years ago it was Asham. After that it was Moen. Brad Winchester was a guy a lot of people wanted to see here. Can't forget about big Mark Bell, either. He was going to be the next great power forward!

Konopka has been in the NHL since '05-06 and has only been a full time player on two awful teams. I'm all for getting tougher but the Wings aren't going to sign him.
Saying that he's been in the league since 05-06 and he's been on awful teams is kind of like saying Rick Nash has been in the league since 2002 and has only been on awful teams. Konopka isn't Nash, but you get my point.

I don't think the guy would solve all their problems, but there are a couple things the Wings could use more of - toughness and faceoff wins. They won a lot of faceoffs in the regular season but when it mattered, when they really had to have a key draw in the playoffs (especially on the PK), they lost every time.

You look for ways to get tougher without wasting spots on thugs that can't do anything besides fight - Konopka can do more than just fight. It makes sense on multiple levels. Do I think they should throw a ton of money at him? No. But if they can get him on the cheap, I think he's worth a look He's also been extremely productive in the AHL playoffs over the years, so there's a chance he pots a big goal at the right time.

sarcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2011, 08:07 PM
  #63
Winger98
Moderator
powers combined
 
Winger98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 14,089
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Winger98
CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS
Jiri Hudler ($2.875m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Johan Franzen ($3.954m)
Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Tomas Holmstrom ($1.875m)
Todd Bertuzzi ($1.937m) / Darren Helm ($0.912m) / Daniel Cleary ($2.800m)
Drew Miller ($0.650m) / Justin Abdelkader ($0.787m) / Patrick Eaves ($0.850m)
Jan Mursak ($0.550m)

DEFENSEMEN
Eric Brewer ($4.900m) / Niklas Kronwall ($3.000m)
Nicklas Lidstrom ($6.000m) / Brad Stuart ($3.750m)
Jakub Kindl ($0.883m) / Brian Rafalski ($6.000m)
/ Jeff Woywitka ($0.650m)

GOALTENDERS
Jimmy Howard ($2.250m) / Chris Osgood ($0.900m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $62,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $61,308,711; BONUSES: $0
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $891,289
Osgood is a placeholder as much as anything. Just sub pretty much anyone in there for that money. Up front, Eaves might cost a bit more. We could give it to him, but I don't think he'll ever be much more than he is and probably shouldn't be paid much more than he is. I gave him a $100K raise.

On the blueline, I went with Brewer because I figure he can be had at that price. He's not flashy, but he gets the job done. Guys like Ehrhoff and Pitkanen I expect to come in north of $5M, and that starts getting dicey with Lids coming back at near full price. I picked Woywitka because he's big, he became pretty solid with Dallas this year, and he still has upside. Another guy I would look at is Steve Eminger.

Unless we move Hudler and/or Lids takes a solid paycut, I just don't see a lot of room for movement. I'd like to see us focus on younger guys, but most teams will probably have a similar focus. If we wanted to make more moves, we'd probably have to look at older guys willing to take less for a shot at a cup before they retire (McCabe, Jovo).

__________________
blah, blah, blah
Winger98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2011, 09:03 PM
  #64
newfy
Registered User
 
newfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 5,913
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rice View Post
I love this infatuation with Konopka. There is always some plug Wings fans get obsessed with after a playoff loss that will solve all of the team's problems. A few years ago it was Asham. After that it was Moen. Brad Winchester was a guy a lot of people wanted to see here. Can't forget about big Mark Bell, either. He was going to be the next great power forward!

Konopka has been in the NHL since '05-06 and has only been a full time player on two awful teams. I'm all for getting tougher but the Wings aren't going to sign him.
And in 2008 we signed a grinder named Dallas Drake, I would say he was pretty huge on that playoff run that year, something the wings havent been able to repeat since.

All of those guys would have really helped Detroit out, but instead of getting a guy who will bust his ass every shift and do whatever it takes to win the wings have players like Hudler doing a whole lot out there. If you have actually seen Konopka play he is pretty good and is a good fighter as well.

Cody Mccormick would be good as well in that 13th forward/4th line role. 20 points and a good fighter who can play well. He had the same points as Eaves and Miller while being more physical and a good scrapper and hitter.

Tanner Glass would be a good 13th guy too.


Overall I would say in order that I want Winchester, Matt Bradley Konopka, Mccormick, Rupp, or Glass.

All of these guys can wear other teams down, play tough and still chip in

newfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2011, 09:09 PM
  #65
Dustin16182
Registered User
 
Dustin16182's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Kalamazoo, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 356
vCash: 500
CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS
Tomas Holmstrom ($1.875m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / UFA/Nikolai Zherdev ($2.000m)
Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Johan Franzen ($3.954m)
Todd Bertuzzi ($1.937m) / Brooks Laich ($3.000m) / Daniel Cleary ($2.800m)
Justin Abdelkader ($0.787m) / Darren Helm ($0.912m) / Patrick Eaves ($1.000m)
Jan Mursak ($0.550m)

DEFENSEMEN
Brian Rafalski ($6.000m) / Brad Stuart ($3.750m)
Niklas Kronwall ($3.000m) / Zach Bogosian ($3.000m)
Nicklas Lidstrom ($6.000m) / Jonathan Ericsson ($2.000m)
/ Jakub Kindl ($0.883m)

GOALTENDERS
Jimmy Howard ($2.250m) / Chris Osgood/UFA ($0.800m)

SALARY CAP: $63,000,000; CAP PAYROLL: $62,283,711
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $716,289


Here is the sexy team I have created. I'm not a big fan of Zherdev, so if there is someone else we could get for 2 million on our top 9 wing, that would be cool.

Probably package Hudler and a forward prospect, plus pick for Bogosian. One other guy that would be cool to have if we could make it work with the cap would be Tomas Fleischmann. He'd probably be too expensive though.

I see no reason why a team like this couldnt win the cup next year

Dustin16182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2011, 09:47 PM
  #66
RedGibby
Registered User
 
RedGibby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: London, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 616
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin16182 View Post
CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS
Tomas Holmstrom ($1.875m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / UFA/Nikolai Zherdev ($2.000m)
Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Johan Franzen ($3.954m)
Todd Bertuzzi ($1.937m) / Brooks Laich ($3.000m) / Daniel Cleary ($2.800m)
Justin Abdelkader ($0.787m) / Darren Helm ($0.912m) / Patrick Eaves ($1.000m)
Jan Mursak ($0.550m)

DEFENSEMEN
Brian Rafalski ($6.000m) / Brad Stuart ($3.750m)
Niklas Kronwall ($3.000m) / Zach Bogosian ($3.000m)
Nicklas Lidstrom ($6.000m) / Jonathan Ericsson ($2.000m)
/ Jakub Kindl ($0.883m)

GOALTENDERS
Jimmy Howard ($2.250m) / Chris Osgood/UFA ($0.800m)

SALARY CAP: $63,000,000; CAP PAYROLL: $62,283,711
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $716,289


Here is the sexy team I have created. I'm not a big fan of Zherdev, so if there is someone else we could get for 2 million on our top 9 wing, that would be cool.

Probably package Hudler and a forward prospect, plus pick for Bogosian. One other guy that would be cool to have if we could make it work with the cap would be Tomas Fleischmann. He'd probably be too expensive though.

I see no reason why a team like this couldnt win the cup next year
Reason 1: There over the cap which I believe is suppost to go to $62.2M. If I'm wrong then just nvm.

RedGibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2011, 10:23 PM
  #67
ThankYouBasedGod
Registered User
 
ThankYouBasedGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Saskatoon
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,288
vCash: 500
So many people adding Zherdev to their rosters yet there is probably a 0.5% chance that will happen....

ThankYouBasedGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2011, 11:28 PM
  #68
Dustin16182
Registered User
 
Dustin16182's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Kalamazoo, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 356
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedTheMule View Post
So many people adding Zherdev to their rosters yet there is probably a 0.5% chance that will happen....
Yea, I really hope he doesnt end up on this team anyway. I put him in my roster, but that was mostly because I couldnt think of another forward to put on my roster thats not named Drew Miller.

Dustin16182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2011, 11:29 PM
  #69
Dustin16182
Registered User
 
Dustin16182's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Kalamazoo, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 356
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedGibby View Post
Reason 1: There over the cap which I believe is suppost to go to $62.2M. If I'm wrong then just nvm.
Haha nice, yea I've seen 63 million being thrown around the most. I was not too sure. I think if you take Zherdev off that roster and replace with someone less expensive, it will work.

Dustin16182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2011, 12:16 AM
  #70
lazerbullet
Registered User
 
lazerbullet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Europe
Posts: 684
vCash: 500
Throwing a name out: Jussi Jokinen. Scored 19 goals in 70 games. 30 goals before that. Brings some skill and extra points in the shootout. Might mesh with Fil well. Current cap: 1 700 000. Current salary: 1 900 000.

I would easily invest Hudler's money if Jiri is getting traded.

lazerbullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2011, 01:19 AM
  #71
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ann Arbor
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,356
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger98 View Post
CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS
Jiri Hudler ($2.875m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Johan Franzen ($3.954m)
Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Tomas Holmstrom ($1.875m)
Todd Bertuzzi ($1.937m) / Darren Helm ($0.912m) / Daniel Cleary ($2.800m)
Drew Miller ($0.650m) / Justin Abdelkader ($0.787m) / Patrick Eaves ($0.850m)
Jan Mursak ($0.550m)

DEFENSEMEN
Eric Brewer ($4.900m) / Niklas Kronwall ($3.000m)
Nicklas Lidstrom ($6.000m) / Brad Stuart ($3.750m)
Jakub Kindl ($0.883m) / Brian Rafalski ($6.000m)
/ Jeff Woywitka ($0.650m)

GOALTENDERS
Jimmy Howard ($2.250m) / Chris Osgood ($0.900m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $62,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $61,308,711; BONUSES: $0
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $891,289
Osgood is a placeholder as much as anything. Just sub pretty much anyone in there for that money. Up front, Eaves might cost a bit more. We could give it to him, but I don't think he'll ever be much more than he is and probably shouldn't be paid much more than he is. I gave him a $100K raise.

On the blueline, I went with Brewer because I figure he can be had at that price. He's not flashy, but he gets the job done. Guys like Ehrhoff and Pitkanen I expect to come in north of $5M, and that starts getting dicey with Lids coming back at near full price. I picked Woywitka because he's big, he became pretty solid with Dallas this year, and he still has upside. Another guy I would look at is Steve Eminger.

Unless we move Hudler and/or Lids takes a solid paycut, I just don't see a lot of room for movement. I'd like to see us focus on younger guys, but most teams will probably have a similar focus. If we wanted to make more moves, we'd probably have to look at older guys willing to take less for a shot at a cup before they retire (McCabe, Jovo).
I like Brewer, but I don't think he'll come in that high. His career just never matched the expectations. He's never had a 30 point season.
He always seemed good against the Wings, and I'd take him, but I don't think I'd pay more than $4M for him. He's a great skater. But he's 32. So how long will he be a great skater.

RedWingsNow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2011, 01:40 AM
  #72
Winger98
Moderator
powers combined
 
Winger98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 14,089
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Winger98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bob View Post
I like Brewer, but I don't think he'll come in that high. His career just never matched the expectations. He's never had a 30 point season.
He always seemed good against the Wings, and I'd take him, but I don't think I'd pay more than $4M for him. He's a great skater. But he's 32. So how long will he be a great skater.
Until his playoff run, I was thinking $3.5-4M. But he's been eating 25+ minutes a night for TB, in all situations. I've been wondering if he won't get some higher bids because of it. But even if the price is inflated a bit, he might still best fit the wings price point.

Winger98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2011, 09:30 AM
  #73
sarcastro
Registered User
 
sarcastro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 12,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger98 View Post
Until his playoff run, I was thinking $3.5-4M. But he's been eating 25+ minutes a night for TB, in all situations. I've been wondering if he won't get some higher bids because of it. But even if the price is inflated a bit, he might still best fit the wings price point.
I've always liked Brewer and was hoping he'd stay further off the radar until July. So much for that. He's the kind of defenseman they need - a guy who is primarily a stay at home defender who can play the puck well. Basically a guy with enough skill to be a top 5 draft pick but who is better at playing a shutdown defensive role. Who do we know that currently fits that profile and plays for the Wings......

sarcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2011, 10:15 AM
  #74
Jussha
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,540
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcastro View Post
I've always liked Brewer and was hoping he'd stay further off the radar until July. So much for that. He's the kind of defenseman they need - a guy who is primarily a stay at home defender who can play the puck well. Basically a guy with enough skill to be a top 5 draft pick but who is better at playing a shutdown defensive role. Who do we know that currently fits that profile and plays for the Wings......
I always loved Brewer when he was an Oiler and its a shame he never became the player he was projected to be. Regardless I'd also love him as a wing, but with his playoff performance, does Yzerman really let him go? I bet Yzerman is already thinking of keeping long term with how important he has been to there playoff run

Jussha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2011, 10:34 AM
  #75
Winger98
Moderator
powers combined
 
Winger98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 14,089
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Winger98
I know Glencross has been mentioned a few times, but it looks like we can officially cross him off our lists. Sounds like Calgary got a pretty solid deal on him, too.

Winger98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:32 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.