HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NYR Players in the World Championships

Old
05-15-2011, 01:08 PM
MrAlmost
We are Lokomotiv!

vCash: 500
Haha, maybe so. Perhaps the Rangers pass on Richards and just go with Jagr, I mean I'm not the biggest Richards advocate, but an older, just as expensive, short term, unknown vet sounds like the way to go.

In all seriousness though I would like Jagr more than Richards, and if thats crazy, good. That means it will work.haha

MrAlmost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2011, 01:12 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

I can't fathom Jagr asking for 7 million bucks or anything like that. If Jagr can be our random signing of the off-season to play with Richards as opposed to, say, Jussi Jokinen, sign me up! Especially if we don't get Brad.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2011, 01:15 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Dream off season includes signing Richards for a reasonable deal, signing Jags, buying out Drury and giving the C back to Jagr.

I know I'm dreaming

NYRFAN218 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2011, 01:19 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

That, except give the C to Cally. You'll probably have to buy out W2 to fit Jagr, too. That's MY dream .

Old
05-15-2011, 01:20 PM
1Knee1T
OHH MAMMA DONT U CRY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorade View Post
Some people have tweeted it

http://twitter.com/#!/jrnlbarnes
Sweet. Thanks.

1Knee1T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2011, 01:28 PM
MrAlmost
We are Lokomotiv!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
I can't fathom Jagr asking for 7 million bucks or anything like that. If Jagr can be our random signing of the off-season to play with Richards as opposed to, say, Jussi Jokinen, sign me up! Especially if we don't get Brad.
Thats someone who intrests me, but it's for the reason that people really want him, but as far as career production he is very similar to Wolski, and with a Wolski buyout and signing Jokinen the salary would probably be around the same. I think keeping Wolski is a good idea, but what do I know. And hes younger too.

Old
05-15-2011, 01:31 PM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

Had a dream last night that the Rangers released Zuccarello (don't know why - to clear up a RW spot? Very dumb since they can just put him with the Whale, stupid dream) and traded WW for Drew Stafford (that would never happen I'm sure) all in a plan to sign Jagr.

Now this news today...

silverfish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2011, 01:34 PM
MrAlmost
We are Lokomotiv!

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
Had a dream last night that the Rangers released Zuccarello (don't know why - to clear up a RW spot? Very dumb since they can just put him with the Whale, stupid dream) and traded WW for Drew Stafford (that would never happen I'm sure) all in a plan to sign Jagr.

Now this news today...

Old
05-15-2011, 02:44 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

I know I've been very much against signing Brad Richards because I don't think the team would be ready to contend for the Cup while he's still 31-33 years old, but if we bring in Jagr, I would be all for getting Richards.

Jagr would be the third scoring option we'd need to contend. Richards, Gaborik and even an aging Jagr will be enough fire power - in combination with others like Stepan, Dubinsky, Callahan, Anisimov and maybe MZA or Prospal who will score at least half a point per game - to actually contend for the Cup.

Playing on the second line would be perfect for Jagr. The top line of Brad and Gabby will face the tough defenders, and Jagr would be able to get a little more space against easier opposition.

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2011, 02:53 PM
Zil

How would adding Jagr help though? The guy loves to dominate the puck. Everything has to run through him when he's on the ice. Would you want that when he's on a line with Richards and Gaborik? Or even with Anisimov and Dubinsky? I just can't see it working.

Zil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2011, 02:58 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

None of our guys except Dubinsky in flashes can carry the puck like Jagr can. If he and Richards can share the pill and negate ANY responsibility Gabby has to have holding the puck. Its also good for Arty, who has the ability to drive the net as well as make quick passes, which he and Jagr can coordinate.

Old
05-15-2011, 03:15 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Not sure how anyone can be against the return of Jagr. It adds another impact guy on the team outside of Gaborik and Richards (if we sign him). It adds much needed skill and another threat on the power play. The additions of Richards and Jagr would put a demise to the dump&chase hockey we've seen played. At least for the top 2 lines.

Guys like Richards, Gaborik, Jagr, Dubinsky, Prospal, Stepan, Anisimov, Callahan is tremendous talent to work with up front. You're talking cup contending offense. On the back end you'll have Staal, Girardi, Sauer, McDonagh, and the final 2 spots open for maybe a veteran guy along side a Valantenko.

Of course there's the cap situation and how we make it happen. A Drury buyout would be a must if any of this were even close to happen.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2011, 03:16 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

He's not coming back.

Stop building up your hopes.

05-15-2011, 03:19 PM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

Short - term memory loss? Jagr and Dubi worked. This is a team that can be constructed quite nicely.

Kreider/Prospal - Richards - Gaborik
Dubinsky - Stepan - Jagr
Avery - Anisimov - Callahan
Fedotenko - Boyle - Prust

Or, Cally can get second line minutes, and keep the Pack line together because Avery and Jagr also have a history of working. That way Jagr's minutes would be about 12-15 a game working on the third line + PP time.

However bringing in Jagr also means that there's no chance at bringing in a new veteran dman. To keep things cheap it would have to be a rookie so the D corps would look like...

Staal - Girardi
McD - Sauer
DZ - Eminger/Gilroy/Valentenko
Eminger (if he doesn't make the top 6 cut)

This is risky because if McD or Sauer slide like DZ did in his sophomore year we're in trouble, OR if Del Zotto's progression stales the D is in trouble.

silverfish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2011, 03:23 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil View Post
How would adding Jagr help though? The guy loves to dominate the puck. Everything has to run through him when he's on the ice. Would you want that when he's on a line with Richards and Gaborik? Or even with Anisimov and Dubinsky? I just can't see it working.
I was actually thinking of something like Stepan and either Zucca or Kreider with him.

Dubi - AA - Cally have good chemistry. They would be the best third line in the NHL, by far.

The bottom line would be Avery/Hagelin - Boyle - Prust. Again, an excellent 4th line, maybe the best in the NHL.

Prospal - Brad - Gabby would be the first line. Prospal is old and may get injured, but it would be a very solid line. The Rangers could acquire an expiring contract to play on the LW around the deadline when the cap hit will be lower.

Kreider/Zucca - Stepan- Jagr

The team's left wing wouldn't be overly exciting to start the season, but if a good LW were to be acquired in February, things would start to look really good for the team going into the playoffs. The new acquisition will play on the first line, and either Prospal or Kreider or Zucca will hopefully be able to play on the second line.

This would be a good 4-line team with enough scoring, defense, depth to go far.

Adding Jagr to the second line after adding Brad to the first line seems exciting.

Old
05-15-2011, 03:26 PM
Zil

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
Short - term memory loss? Jagr and Dubi worked. This is a team that can be constructed quite nicely.

Kreider/Prospal - Richards - Gaborik
Dubinsky - Stepan - Jagr
Avery - Anisimov - Callahan
Fedotenko - Boyle - Prust

Or, Cally can get second line minutes, and keep the Pack line together because Avery and Jagr also have a history of working. That way Jagr's minutes would be about 12-15 a game working on the third line + PP time.

However bringing in Jagr also means that there's no chance at bringing in a new veteran dman. To keep things cheap it would have to be a rookie so the D corps would look like...

Staal - Girardi
McD - Sauer
DZ - Eminger/Gilroy/Valentenko
Eminger (if he doesn't make the top 6 cut)

This is risky because if McD or Sauer slide like DZ did in his sophomore year we're in trouble, OR if Del Zotto's progression stales the D is in trouble.
I'm not sure how well Dubi and Jagr would work now though. Jagr couldn't bring it every night his last season here and that was back in 07-08. How's he going to handle 82 games plus playoffs now? It's great that he can still dominate in a short tournament with international ice, but I'm not sure what he would be able to provide as an NHL player. This is all pretty academic anyway. The chances of him being brought back are pretty minute.

Zil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2011, 03:27 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerEsq View Post
I was actually thinking of something like Stepan and either Zucca or Kreider with him.

Dubi - AA - Cally have good chemistry. They would be the best third line in the NHL, by far.

The bottom line would be Avery/Hagelin - Boyle - Prust. Again, an excellent 4th line, maybe the best in the NHL.

Prospal - Brad - Gabby would be the first line. Prospal is old and may get injured, but it would be a very solid line. The Rangers could acquire an expiring contract to play on the LW around the deadline when the cap hit will be lower.

Kreider/Zucca - Stepan- Jagr

The team's left wing wouldn't be overly exciting to start the season, but if a good LW were to be acquired in February, things would start to look really good for the team going into the playoffs. The new acquisition will play on the first line, and either Prospal or Kreider or Zucca will hopefully be able to play on the second line.

This would be a good 4-line team with enough scoring, defense, depth to go far.

Adding Jagr to the second line after adding Brad to the first line seems exciting.
Dubinsky has had good chemistry with Jagr in the past. The protecting the puck near the side of the net has been something Dubi picked up on from Jagr; who loves using that frame for protection.

I would definitely do Dubinsky-Stepan-Jagr. This line has potential to be really good. You have the grinder who gets his nose dirty, the playmaker with very good hockey IQ, and the scoring weapon on the RW.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2011, 03:30 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpNYR View Post
Dubinsky has had good chemistry with Jagr in the past. The protecting the puck near the side of the net has been something Dubi picked up on from Jagr; who loves using that frame for protection.

I would definitely do Dubinsky-Stepan-Jagr. This line has potential to be really good. You have the grinder who gets his nose dirty, the playmaker with very good hockey IQ, and the scoring weapon on the RW.
HAHA boy when this all comes to a head you are going to be falling out of the sky without a parachute with the excitement you're building up in yourself.

I just hope that you temper your excitement with quite the dose of realism.

New York RKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2011, 03:34 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

I think most of us would be excited if Jagr came back. I know I'd be the one with the parachute . Definitely more exciting than thinking about Jussi Jokinen coming, that's for sure.

Old
05-15-2011, 03:35 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Sign me up. Jagr would be a force going against 2nd and 3rd defensive pairings. Let Richards and Gabby compete against the top pairing. Let Richards QB a PP with Jagr, Gaborik. They'd make Sullivan look like a genius.

Barbara Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2011, 03:52 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Count me in, too. I was sad to see him go in the 1st place. Him, Dubi and Step would make an intersting 2nd line.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2011, 04:17 PM
Glennsoe
Horndog

After Sweden lost in the final, swedish commentators said Victor Fasth will likely be in the NHL NeXT season..

But they said it's either for Tampa or for Edmonton...

Glennsoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2011, 05:10 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpNYR View Post

Ok, that would work.

Prospal - Brad - Gabby
Dubinsky - Stepan - Jagr
Boyle - Anisimov - Callahan
Zucca/Hagelin - Christ - Prust

That seems like a very strong lineup to me.

The first line should net 80 goals (18+24+38). The second line should net 70 goals (24+21+25). The third line should score 55 goals (15+20+20). The fourth line and replacement players should net another 30 goals (8+8+8 plus 6 for replacement players). That's 235 goals from the forwards.

The 6+2 defensemen will get another 25 goals, assuming MDZ comes in and plays well again. Which gets the Rangers to 260 goals, which is almost 3.2 goals per game.

That's almost a full goal more than Lundqvist's career average GAA, which is 2.3.

I like that team's odds of finishing in the top 4 in the East, if not higher.

Old
05-15-2011, 05:12 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Too bad hockey isn't played on paper.

RANGERS =
we want cup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2011, 06:18 PM
XLJ

I would try to sign Jagr to a 1 year deal. I would rather sign Jagr instead of bringing back Feds. I know Fedotenko had a good year. But I think what Jagr can potentially bring to this team is much more needed than what Fedotenko brings. Most of our forwards are responsible defensively and can kill penalties.

I'd put Jagr on the third line and give him plenty of pp minutes. If we have Richards as our ppqb with Gaborik and Jagr, we would have a great powerplay.

XLJ is offline   Reply With Quote