HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part XXI (All non Habs related news here)

Closed Thread

Old
05-15-2011, 01:03 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
Some Bruins fans booed and were chanting "Rangers suck"...
That's terrible. But like I've said before, a whole fan base shouldn't be held accountable for this, just because a handful are morons. If that's the case, we're no better than the ones that generalize against us.

Old
05-15-2011, 01:05 PM
Patccmoi

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
That's terrible. But like I've said before, a whole fan base shouldn't be held accountable for this, just because a handful are morons. If that's the case, we're no better than the ones that generalize against us.
Oh no. We hold their whole fan base accountable for a lot more reasons than this!

Old
05-15-2011, 01:10 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliki2 View Post
Horton should be suspended plain and simple. But you know that won't happen. When the powers that be are in cahuts with the team, nothing will be done. The Bruins have a pass on anything that would get other teams suspended. I'm so sick of their crap. It's not tough hockey, its pure crap. Play tough...yes, play dirty and get away with it is another thing.
What the Bruins get away with is absolutely disgusting. Colly must be laughing.

Old
05-15-2011, 01:11 PM
Habsfan18
The Future

I still think it's absolutely hilarious that Horton thinks he's such an intimidating force now that he's a Boston Bruin.

He's one of the biggest "fake tough" guys I've ever seen in my many years watching NHL hockey. And I'm not exaggerating in any way. This guy is a joke, plain and simple.

Old
05-15-2011, 01:13 PM
PhysicX

vCash: 74
And you guys are supporting such a team after all they've done... Shame on you guys for participating in that avatar bet in the first place haha! Can't believe our fanbase is doing it

Old
05-15-2011, 01:36 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
I still think it's absolutely hilarious that Horton thinks he's such an intimidating force now that he's a Boston Bruin.

He's one of the biggest "fake tough" guys I've ever seen in my many years watching NHL hockey. And I'm not exaggerating in any way. This guy is a joke, plain and simple.
I posted in the playoffs board that Lucic and Horton don't ever throw sucker punches at guys like Shelley, Orr etc. Why is that?

They are cowards, always picking their spots. Lucic ran away from Moen at least a couple of times this year, Moen isn't even a heavy. Better to sucker punch guys that don't fight. and act like you're tough. Just like Boychuck acted tough with Spacek but got his face punched in by White, if not for his visor White would of bloodied him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysicX View Post
And you guys are supporting such a team after all they've done... Shame on you guys for participating in that avatar bet in the first place haha! Can't believe our fanbase is doing it
I would never bet with a Bruin fan since I would never be willing to show an avatar of them. If I were to make that mistake I wouldn't post until their season was over to save the Habs board the trouble of seeing those avatars

Last edited by Crimson Skorpion: 05-15-2011 at 02:02 PM.
Old
05-15-2011, 02:20 PM
deandebean

Personally, I'm still shocked at Mike Richards' tweet about Comcast cutting his cable because he didn't pay the bill...

Old
05-15-2011, 02:33 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
Personally, I'm still shocked at Mike Richards' tweet about Comcast cutting his cable because he didn't pay the bill...
Comcast.

They can't just come into the industry and pull stuff like that. One of these days, and I'm not saying it'll be me or Richards, but one day something is going to happen to Comcast.

Old
05-15-2011, 03:07 PM
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
Comcast.

They can't just come into the industry and pull stuff like that. One of these days, and I'm not saying it'll be me or Richards, but one day something is going to happen to Comcast.
Classic.

Old
05-15-2011, 03:31 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustave View Post
In case anyone still doesn't know how "strong hockey players" are Lucic and his bromance buddy Horton:
Not sure how people call that a dive...that was a solid shot and the reaction was instantaneous.

Old
05-15-2011, 03:46 PM
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Not sure how people call that a dive...that was a solid shot and the reaction was instantaneous.
"If the player gets back up in a few seconds, it's a always a dive."
- Twisted Bruin logic.

Old
05-15-2011, 03:46 PM
HeShootsHeScores

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustave View Post
In case anyone still doesn't know how "strong hockey players" are Lucic and his bromance buddy Horton:
I thought this post would be an opportunity to say once again how stupid I think this team is, but it's not gonna change anything anyway. "B" for sure doesn't stand for "brain". I was having a good time following good teams making their way through the playoffs and then I see this team once again acting like bunch of morons, and my hate for "strong hockey players" comes back and I just can't wait for the habs to beat this team over and over again next year. Go tampa.

Old
05-15-2011, 04:41 PM
shamrun

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
Some Bruins fans booed and were chanting "Rangers suck"...
That's despicable. Plain and simple.

Old
05-15-2011, 06:59 PM
Patccmoi

The more I see the video and the more I think 'how the HELL is this not a suspension on Lucic?!'. Sucker punch on a guy who was going after his teammate for sucker punching another guy... god damn. Please TB, finish the job quickly, I can't stand seeing these goons anymore. ESPECIALLY not their freaking avatars all over our boards! Stupid avatar bet.

Old
05-15-2011, 07:18 PM
Fel 96
JFC

vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Classy Canucks fans.

Take notes, Bruins fans.

Old
05-15-2011, 07:28 PM
katatoniak

So who's for the Sharks ? Canucks ?

I'm with the Canucks , I would like to see a Canadian team in the final

Old
05-15-2011, 07:34 PM
Fel 96
JFC

vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
I'm with the Sharks for obvious reason.

Old
05-15-2011, 07:36 PM
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING

Game 2 of Boston-TB is on TSN?

I thought 1 channel had the rights on a series

Old
05-15-2011, 07:48 PM
CareyClutch
Doing the job

Send a message via MSN to CareyClutch
Bad, bad play by Luongo. 1-0 Sharks.

Old
05-15-2011, 07:56 PM
OpenIceHit

I hate the Bruins : the players and the fans. I hate the fact that Campbell's son plays for them and that it is clearly a conflict of interest. I hate this team with all my guts.

But in the end, I think the management did an outstanding job with this team. We can say anything we want about them but they are where they are because they are solid team. Don't tell me you guys would not take a Lucic, a Horton or a Chara with the Habs even if they are big and they score, hit and fight...

And to say that we can't wait until next year to beat them again and again is pretty funny. As far as I know, we didn't make any changes to our team yet. In fact, we only have 9 players signed for next year. Let's be real, this rivarly makes us say stupid things sometimes...

Old
05-15-2011, 08:03 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
I'm with Canucks.

Overwhelming hate for Thornton and Heatley as people make it impossible to cheer for the Sharks.

Old
05-15-2011, 08:06 PM
couris

Go Sharks Go

Old
05-15-2011, 08:12 PM
OpenIceHit

Yeah! Go 'Nucks! Bring the cup back to Canada...

Old
05-15-2011, 08:13 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

On another note, whether you, I or anybody agrees or not with the system we have in place in Montreal, if there are some changes as far as the coaches are concerned, I have no idea how the Habs would NOT offer Benoit Groulx a contract for next year. What he's doing right now against St.John is borderline miraculous. And he shares the same philosophy that the Habs do.

If they are somehow logic with their approach, they have no other choice especially if the idea is to bring Cunneyworth up, letting the head coaching job available in Montreal. Add the fact that this next coach "should" potentially be the next Habs coach and with everything it means, you know that it's the thing to do. Vincent is NOT the right man for the job.

We let Boucher go. Somehow the timing wasn't good to retain him though I would have used an "extraordinairy measure" to retain him, but you can't let Groulx go especially since they shared the same views. Hoping Groulx wants to move though....coming back to Gatineau was really important for him. Only thing I want to know is that Habs made a real effort to get him if everything goes according to plan.

Old
05-15-2011, 08:21 PM
la25ecoupe

whos Benoit Groulx? is he better than Boucher?

Closed Thread