HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Carcillo

Old
05-11-2011, 10:23 AM
El Emperor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
you wont like Kaberle. Yes, he puts up points, but the guy is not very solid defensively. He's never thrown a hit in his NHL career
This has always been my problem with how defensemen are judged. The all star game this season had way too many minus rated defensemen playing.

I wish there was a better way to show on paper how great a defenseman is.

El Emperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 11:09 AM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

The guy hasnt watched Kaberle before. There is a reason why he was getting 15-19 minutes a night in Boston (and most of it on the pp) Their even limiting his ES play. We dont need a player like that, one that cant play defense.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 11:31 AM
Mota

Timonen was not playing his best hockey in the Bruins series and he was still our best defenseman on the ice....you want to trade him why?

Him and Coburn were the only ones to step up in Prongers absence...and even more so because Carle's game went to hell. Timonen already was a warrior for this team and with Pronger out so long it finally caught up to him. A longer offseason will do him a lot of good.

As for Carcillo...I really liked how he played in the playoffs...wouldn't mind seeing him back but if he goes he goes.

Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 11:47 AM
phlocky

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShotScore View Post
How abut because Kaberle doesn't give the puck away twice on one shift like Kimmo does.

How about because Kimmo in less games played, has committed more than twice the number of penalties Kaberle has?

How about because Kaberle is much more stable both physically and mentally?

Do these count in your opinion?
OMG, are you kidding me???? Kabs is TERIBBLE in his own zone compared to Timonen. Yes Kabs is better offensively but defensively, Kaberle is actually WORSE than even Carle, and that's saying something.

phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2011, 12:04 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
ShotScore, if you believe that Kaberle is a better defenseman than Timonen, it either means you know nothing about Kaberle, or you know nothing about the defensive aspects of the game.

Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2011, 04:42 PM
camper

Versteeg was a big reason why Philly lost...

camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2011, 04:53 PM
BernieParent

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
Long walk, short pier. End of issue.
Ouch, harsh. Do you have a millstone tie clip for him, too?

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2011, 04:55 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

vCash: 50
Yikes on the Kaberle>Timonen quotes. Carcillo...

05-15-2011, 07:43 PM
KimiFerrari
Messi Is God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
ShotScore, if you believe that Kaberle is a better defenseman than Timonen, it either means you know nothing about Kaberle, or you know nothing about the defensive aspects of the game.
Lets take it all the way and say he knows nothing about hockey.

KimiFerrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2011, 07:46 PM
KimiFerrari
Messi Is God

Carcillo isn't worth that 1 mill in cap space, especially if we are going to have Shelly sitting around 1 mill as well. We are going to have to roll the dice with Rinaldo, and hope he doesn't kill someone on the ice.

KimiFerrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2011, 08:23 PM
Amateur Hour

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShotScore View Post
I say keep Carcillo.

Bye to Timonen, Carter, Hartnell, O'Donnell, Boucher, Leighton, Boynton.

Hello Ilya Bryzgalov and Tomas Kaberle.
Wow.

Amateur Hour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2011, 08:36 PM
phlocky

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimiFerrari View Post
Carcillo isn't worth that 1 mill in cap space, especially if we are going to have Shelly sitting around 1 mill as well. We are going to have to roll the dice with Rinaldo, and hope he doesn't kill someone on the ice.

I love this. Made me smile.

I agree. Carcillo isn't going to be worth what he will expect in a pay increase (hell, I'd even go so far as to say he isn't worth what he made this past season). I can deal with Rinaldo if I have to if it means we don't get rid of Carter. If Rinaldo doesn't work out we just play Wellwood instead. Hell, Carcillo was on the 4th line for much of this season so rolling Shelly out on the 4th line for the toughness is fine with me.

phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2011, 08:55 PM
BernieParent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
Carcillo gets bashed way too much in my opinion. He's a quality fourth liner, but he just happens to be a bit overpaid. I wouldn't mind him back at a pay cut, but otherwise I'd let him walk and replace him with someone that can bring more to the table, a la Konopka.
I agree. If it came down to deciding between resigning Carcillo and signing Konopka, I would take Konopka hands down on faceoff wins alone. If Holmgren can improve a deficiency of this team at a reasonable price while getting a hard-nosed all-out competitor, do it. Konopka with Betts and Nodl would be a great fourth line. I'm not a Carcillo hater, though I dislike the fake head-snaps. As well, as lancer said, Carcillo is a marked man for the refs.

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2011, 09:18 PM
flyersfan187

Send a message via AIM to flyersfan187 Send a message via Skype™ to flyersfan187
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04' hockey View Post
yeah, OK.....after Lavy's finesse skaters just weren't cutting it in the playoffs where did Ol' Lavy turn ?? ....to Carcillo and Rinaldo .....little late for that don't you think ??
WHEN did Lavy play Carcillo during the season ?????????????????????
Our Captain is right here.....what *** style are the Flyers playing ?

SIMPLE QUESTION PEOPLE
Yeah I am not a fan at all with all this finesse crap Lavy has done to this team. He is a proven winner at coach though and if he gets his players this team could win. But this team last season was just not built to fit his system. Kimmo, one of the top 10 D's in the league was getting killed because of it and now he may retire. Its an offensive system that gives up many odd man rushes because of the D's pinching on every single chance they have. You need big and faster defense man and more defensive minded forwards that will go back in place of the D's when they are out of position.

The only thing I don't like about Carcillo is the diving and faking. I am sure that makes the other team mad and him a better pest at the moment, but the refs caught on to him and weren't even giving him the calls when he was getting high sticked and cross checked and such. .

flyersfan187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2011, 09:19 PM
flyersfan187

Send a message via AIM to flyersfan187 Send a message via Skype™ to flyersfan187
Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
I agree. If it came down to deciding between resigning Carcillo and signing Konopka, I would take Konopka hands down on faceoff wins alone. If Holmgren can improve a deficiency of this team at a reasonable price while getting a hard-nosed all-out competitor, do it. Konopka with Betts and Nodl would be a great fourth line. I'm not a Carcillo hater, though I dislike the fake head-snaps. As well, as lancer said, Carcillo is a marked man for the refs.
Konopka will also make more money than Carcillo next season

flyersfan187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2011, 11:17 PM
ilovetheflyers8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1865 View Post
In 68 games, he scored 6 times and had 9 points. Points just weren't coming like they used to.
This response is late, but the average amount of time he got to play a game in the regular season went down from 11:15 last season to 7:46 this season. That could've effected how many points he put up. However, I don't know if that decrease in time was warranted or not as I missed a lot of this season.

That being said if he goes I won't mind too much.

http://www.hockey-reference.com/play...carcida01.html

ilovetheflyers8 is offline   Reply With Quote