HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part XXI (All non Habs related news here)

Closed Thread

Old
05-15-2011, 08:22 PM
OpenIceHit

vCash: 500
What a hit by ... Higgins!! What's up with that?

Old
05-15-2011, 08:29 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by la25ecoupe View Post
whos Benoit Groulx? is he better than Boucher?
Groulx is a great junior coach who was hired by Jacques Martin when he was in Florida to coach their farm team. He had a disagreement over there and wanted to come back to be close to his family. Better than Boucher? Well tough to say, I'd say he's a good tactician, might not be as a communicator as Boucher is though.

In the end, it's not exactly to come with the greatest man alive, but the best guy available to teach our kids, to show them the identity of the team and what's important and also to prepare the after Martin era.

Old
05-15-2011, 08:46 PM
thewall

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeShootsHeScores View Post
I thought this post would be an opportunity to say once again how stupid I think this team is, but it's not gonna change anything anyway. "B" for sure doesn't stand for "brain". I was having a good time following good teams making their way through the playoffs and then I see this team once again acting like bunch of morons, and my hate for "strong hockey players" comes back and I just can't wait for the habs to beat this team over and over again next year. Go tampa.
It's funny looking on the Bruins board .. calling the TB players divers and fakers.. Saying that Lucic and Horton showed emotion..

They would be screaming and crying if Downie did the same thing on Patrice Bergeron.... If they think this is part of hockey.. then I hope Downie or Hall smackes Bergeron the same way... then maybe they'll understand that this is stupid and dangerous..... Go TB GO!

Old
05-15-2011, 09:24 PM
zx81

Great game by Lappy tonight.

Old
05-15-2011, 09:36 PM
A1
Set Sail For Fail

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx81 View Post
Great game by Lappy tonight.

He just got called for diving, such a repuation call.

Old
05-15-2011, 09:46 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by A1 View Post
Holds the NHL record for most diving minors in the playoffs I assume too.

Old
05-15-2011, 09:51 PM
monster_bertuzzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1 View Post
It was a dive, but he has been awesome for us. Why did you guys let him go?!

Old
05-15-2011, 09:52 PM
pine

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster_bertuzzi View Post
He wanted out.

Old
05-15-2011, 09:55 PM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustave View Post
In case anyone still doesn't know how "strong hockey players" are Lucic and his bromance buddy Horton:
Watching those jerks brings back bad feelings.

They should be punished by the league.

Old
05-15-2011, 09:59 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster_bertuzzi View Post
We like to trade young players for well under market value for fun. It's very entertaining to our management.

Old
05-15-2011, 10:02 PM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
We like to trade young players for well under market value for fun. It's very entertaining to our management.
Oh please, you can say that about other players but Lapierre only showed up during home games and his antics were becoming bigger than the team at points. He was a selfish player.

Old
05-15-2011, 10:03 PM
Maliki2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born in 1909 View Post
Watching those jerks brings back bad feelings.

They should be punished by the league.
Should and will are two different things. The thing is the Bruins can take liberties on anyone right now. As long as Campbell is in the office nothing will happen. They just showed those punches on HNIC and they are even worse than I initially thought. If those don't warrant suspensions then nothing should be called. Absolute garbage by a garbage team.

Old
05-15-2011, 10:04 PM
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenIceHit View Post
Yeah! Go 'Nucks! Bring the cup back to Canada...
I still want the Habs to be the latest Canadian team to win the Cup

Old
05-15-2011, 10:09 PM
WeThreeKings

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Oh please, you can say that about other players but Lapierre only showed up during home games and his antics were becoming bigger than the team at points. He was a selfish player.
Yup.
Lapierre- Showed up when he wanted, antics, bigger than the team.
Higgins - Coke addict.
Kostitsyn - Cancer, Coke and party addict.
Ribeiro - Cancer, coke and party addict.
Latendresse- Lazy and Fat.
Grabovski - Cancer.
D'Agostini - Wouldn't succeed here.
McDonagh - Bust.
Chipchura - Bust.

Every player we trade for nothing is obviously a win by the organization! It's because they are horrible human beings and horrible hockey players!

It's pathetic how these excuses by management gets bought into. We lost the deal on each and every one of those players. What they did and they're professionalism is either a fault in development, in coaching or in player scouting.

Old
05-15-2011, 10:17 PM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

How did we lose the Chipchura deal? He's doing jack **** and we have a fourth rounder this year from him that will likely be a better player than him.

Old
05-15-2011, 10:19 PM
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

I love the habs fans, I hope you guys face us in a cup final one day, would be amazing

Old
05-15-2011, 10:30 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Yup.
Higgins - Coke addict.
Grabovski - Cancer.
McDonagh - Bust.
Chipchura - Bust.

Every player we trade for nothing is obviously a win by the organization! It's because they are horrible human beings and horrible hockey players!

It's pathetic how these excuses by management gets bought into. We lost the deal on each and every one of those players. What they did and they're professionalism is either a fault in development, in coaching or in player scouting.
Yeah I'm sure you loved all those guys and saw them for their true potential while they were here. You were probably doing jumping jacks when Lapierre got traded.

Old
05-15-2011, 10:58 PM
WeThreeKings

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Yeah I'm sure you loved all those guys and saw them for their true potential while they were here. You were probably doing jumping jacks when Lapierre got traded.
I always admit I was happy that Latendresse got traded. I was fed up with him not going to the front of the net. But that's what he did when he went to Minnesota. Management should've gave him a wake-up call here.

Old
05-15-2011, 11:00 PM
Pandemic

Quote:
I always admit I was happy that Latendresse got traded. I was fed up with him not going to the front of the net. But that's what he did when he went to Minnesota. Management should've gave him a wake-up call here.
Maybe they DID give him a wake up call? They don't always work until something drastic happens, such as getting traded.

Old
05-15-2011, 11:02 PM
WeThreeKings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandemic View Post
Maybe they DID give him a wake up call? They don't always work until something drastic happens, such as getting traded.
He was never sent to the AHL. He was never scratched for a lengthy period of time. There were other options that they did not undergo.

The unnerving trend is not just what they traded away, but the minimal, disgustingly bad returns we received.

Old
05-15-2011, 11:07 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Yup.
Higgins - Coke addict.
Grabovski - Cancer.
McDonagh - Bust.
Chipchura - Bust.

That is the legacy of the Gainey era in Montreal.

Gainey was a great player and a great person. However, his management skills were poor. And we still have the Gainey legacy living on with Gauthier (yeah I know, too early to tell how effective he will be.......but he gave away players for nothing in a few trades) and Martin.

I think the best thing that could ever happen to Montreal is to get away from the thinking that former players make good leaders. Time to get from fresh blood and fresh thinking in this organization. We keep repeating the same mistakes over and over again.

And, the Bruins suck. However, the Bruin fan that I had the avatar bet with is a top notch and classy person. We cannot lump all of the Bruin fans into the butthead category. Though it would appear that the worst are usually the loudest.

Go Bolts and Nucks. Would love to see two ex Montreal coaches with outstanding French names playing for the Cup (the irony is rich).

Old
05-15-2011, 11:11 PM
coolasprICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
this is lame.

He's not the GM making 7 figures who's job is to bring back the cup to hockey's mecca.

He's a fan of hockey's most successful and prestigious franchise

results = everything

facts are facts - we gave up a **** load of quality young players for nothing.

Asset management fail.

Old
05-15-2011, 11:17 PM
DDs not undersized
Former Partisan duCH

Quote:
Yup.
Higgins - Coke addict.
Grabovski - Cancer.
McDonagh - Bust.
Chipchura - Bust.

There's a small minority of fans (but who are very present here) that are very talented at re-writing the past only to justify the past mistakes done by the management, as if they were unable to admit that these mistakes actually happened.

Lapierre's "antics" were very appreciated here, as much as Subban's "antics" are appreciated now. And now it's Vancouver fans turn to appreciate Lapierre's "antics".

Old
05-15-2011, 11:38 PM
habtastic

personally I liked Lappy. I was at game6 (Pens) last year and remember that goal and how the Bell Center erupted. He always cared about the team and was proud to be a Hab like all of us would be as fans. That said, I think it was a choice between him and Desharnais. I really can't say I'm glad Lappy is gone, but I'm happy that DD is getting to become the player he was meant to be.

Good for Lapierre. I'm glad he's doing well and I don't think that was a dive (although I too am hoping Van does not win if not for anything else - the green men...tools). How is Heatley so useless all of a sudden. Hasn't done much these playoffs. Him and thornton are switching roles.

Old
05-16-2011, 11:21 AM
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
On another note, whether you, I or anybody agrees or not with the system we have in place in Montreal, if there are some changes as far as the coaches are concerned, I have no idea how the Habs would NOT offer Benoit Groulx a contract for next year. What he's doing right now against St.John is borderline miraculous. And he shares the same philosophy that the Habs do.

If they are somehow logic with their approach, they have no other choice especially if the idea is to bring Cunneyworth up, letting the head coaching job available in Montreal. Add the fact that this next coach "should" potentially be the next Habs coach and with everything it means, you know that it's the thing to do. Vincent is NOT the right man for the job.

We let Boucher go. Somehow the timing wasn't good to retain him though I would have used an "extraordinairy measure" to retain him, but you can't let Groulx go especially since they shared the same views. Hoping Groulx wants to move though....coming back to Gatineau was really important for him. Only thing I want to know is that Habs made a real effort to get him if everything goes according to plan.
100% d'accord. Ben is a HELL of a coach. Best damn coach in the Q. Gallant, an NHL caliber coach, almost lost this series with the best team the Q has had since Pat Roy's Remparts a few years back.

Ben needed to change his approach with players - was too much a la Keenan. Apparently, he did this season. He wasn't well liked in Rochester because of that, some say here in Gatineau.

Closed Thread