HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Will Kirk Muller be signed by another team?

Old
05-08-2011, 06:50 AM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

vCash: 500
This sucks

But good luck Kirk!

RoyBoyCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2011, 07:30 AM
TheBuriedHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
The thing that concerns me is in the end of season press conference is when a reporter asks Gauthier about Muller, he doesn't say anything directly about him but mentions something along the lines of there being some issues along the way and the coaching staff did a good job of resolving it. Is there a link to the archived press conference? I rather I have the exact words before reading in between the lines.
Yeah i heard that. I read that more as they did a great job with all the injury issues we knew of and some we didn't know of throughout the whole year imo.

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2011, 09:41 AM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesHabsRock View Post
And how do you know that? That's BS. Kirk Muller was a great player and may make a great coach. We'll see how that turns out. Personally, I'm glad we finally have an experienced head coach behind the Habs bench in Martin. I'm done with the years of inexperienced coaches. All those years fans were screaming for experience and now that we have it they believe the reason the team has success is because of the assistant coach. Give me a break. Martin is responsible for the system in place and obviously has a way with players to have them execute his gameplan well. Let someone else try out a new coach. Good luck to Kirk Muller. He was a great assistant.
There were a lot of people that were upset Doug Jarvis left and we kept hearing from Rangers fans about how terrible of a coach Perry Pearn was. Look at how that turned out.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2011, 09:45 AM
Marvelous Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner

vCash: 50
I hope Ottawa snatches him up.

Marvelous Manked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2011, 12:14 PM
Protest the Hero

I haven't been reading this thread but have we started speculating on who we might like to replace him if he does end up leaving?

I know most of us can't really name good assistant coaches looking for jobs, but any ex players you'd guys like to see. It's hard without knowing what exactly Muller was responsible for, PP? PK?

After watching Claude Lemieux on Off the Record a bunch of times I've wondered why he hasn't gone into coaching. He's really well spoken and smart. I'm not sure he's experienced enough for the X's and O's part of the job though.

Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2011, 02:00 PM

Send a message via MSN to 2112
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveForDrawingBlood View Post
Has Kirk Muller been head coach at any level before?
I think he coached the Queen's University hockey team in Kingston, ON for one year.

2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2011, 03:39 PM
S Bah

Dallas being #1 team wanting Kirk should bring the Habs at least a swap of #1st round selections.Montreal receiving the #14 pick from Dallas for their #17 pick in the 2011 Entry Draft.This could make it a possibility to move to a higher pick in a trade,at least the Habs would get something in return for Muller.

S Bah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2011, 03:50 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
Dallas being #1 team wanting Kirk should bring the Habs at least a swap of #1st round selections.Montreal receiving the #14 pick from Dallas for their #17 pick in the 2011 Entry Draft.This could make it a possibility to move to a higher pick in a trade,at least the Habs would get something in return for Muller.
I don't think they can ask for picks anymore for coaching staffs. I know at one time this was done, can anybody confirm this?

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2011, 12:04 PM
JMMR

Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Anyone think Andy Murray is a possibility to take over Kirk? He's been with the organization before as a professional scout, understands the game and has been a successful Head Coach.
Would be a dream come true is he a hockey genius!

JMMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2011, 12:10 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Montréal wont ask for compensation.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2011, 12:29 PM
TheBuriedHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Montréal wont ask for compensation.
You haven't been aloud to for some time now.

Old
05-16-2011, 12:31 PM
Habs 1909

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manked View Post
I hope Ottawa snatches him up.
I can see Dave Cameron being snatched up by the Sens.

Don't know why. Just seems like a fit.

Habs 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2011, 12:35 PM
TheBuriedHab

Yup, The owner of the Sens is pretty tight with Cameron. I heard Pierre Mcguire say that Cameron will get the sens job and Hitchcock will get the devils job. So right now I only see Dallas as a possibility.

Old
05-16-2011, 01:17 PM
SouthernHab

If this is true, then good luck Kirk. I would like to say I will miss you but that would be a lie.

Our PP was inconsistent. Our offense lived in the perimiter.

Montreal deserves better.

PS, can you please take Martin with you? Thanks.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2011, 01:48 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuriedHab View Post
You haven't been aloud to for some time now.
I guess it's only certain positions, or me being tried is causing false memories, but I swear Florida could have asked for compensation when we got Martin.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2011, 02:36 PM
TheBuriedHab

Quote:
I guess it's only certain positions, or me being tried is causing false memories, but I swear Florida could have asked for compensation when we got Martin.
Martin was no longer under contract at the time. If he was then its up to Florida to give Permission or simply deny it.

Old
05-16-2011, 03:49 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
Florida gave permission to Montreal to talk contracts with Martin who was still Florida's temp GM or something.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2011, 03:54 PM
habsjunkie2*

Good luck Kirk, but I doubt we'll even know you're gone.

The value fans put on coaches and assistants around here is laughable. The GM is the important position. If you don't give a coach the players, he'll lose, I don't care if it's Scotty Bowman.

habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2011, 04:32 PM
Habs

How many coaches to we have to let leave before its too late?

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2011, 04:51 PM
Bill McNeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
How many coaches to we have to let leave before its too late?
Too late for what?

No matter who's coaching this team, a majority of the fans will hate him. They hate Martin, they hated Gainey before him, they hated Carbo before him, and Julien before him, and Therrien, and Vigneault...

What makes you think that if Martin were fired today and replaced by Muller he wouldn't be just as hated a year from now?

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2011, 05:30 PM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
I don't think they can ask for picks anymore for coaching staffs. I know at one time this was done, can anybody confirm this?
And why can't a team make a trade for a coach?

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2011, 05:45 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogurt View Post
Too late for what?

No matter who's coaching this team, a majority of the fans will hate him. They hate Martin, they hated Gainey before him, they hated Carbo before him, and Julien before him, and Therrien, and Vigneault...

What makes you think that if Martin were fired today and replaced by Muller he wouldn't be just as hated a year from now?
And look at that list of coaches that we have had.

Vigneault was young and should have been given more of a chance here in Montreal. He is the only exception.

Therrien was horrible and can only find a job as a scout now.

Julien is basically one dimensional and is riding Thomas this year. They cannot score on power plays despite having a team with enough talent and size to be quite effective like Detroit. The Bruins will flame out soon enough this year before they win a Cup.

Carbo had some skills but sucked big time in fitting personnel into roles and situations which would enable them to excel (Streit as a forward????????). He was also a poor communicator and alienated almost the entire team. He is now coaching in Juniors.

Gainey did exactly what Carbo did........remember Laraque on the PP?? Horrible with his attempt of having a "system?" Would have been better in the role of a GM instead of a coach. Ooops, wait a minute. Scratch that. Would have been better in the role of an ambassador for the sport of Hockey in Canada as he was an amiable guy.

Martin's history and track record speaks for itself. He has never been able to win in the playoffs. I know people like to throw out the fact that we had injuries this year but his Senator teams were loaded with healthy and talented players and Martin led them to how many Cups? Zero, the same number he will earn here in Montreal.

It has been a long time since we had a smart and dynamic coach that understood how to win a championship. The same holds true with regard to GM's.

We have Gauthier. This offseason will show us what we can expect in the future from him. We all know what we need. Can he get it for us?

But off topic, at least my favorite football team, the Green Bay Packers, finally won a Super Bowl. I guess miracles can happen anywhere, Montreal included.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2011, 06:34 PM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogurt View Post
Too late for what?

I also hate Geoff Molson, put him on that list.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2011, 07:10 PM
Bill McNeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
And look at that list of coaches that we have had.

All you've done is highlight the fact that we've had a myriad of different coaches ranging from good to bad and that they were all hated at one point or another.

Which was my point.

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2011, 08:40 PM
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post

The value fans put on coaches and assistants around here is laughable. The GM is the important position. If you don't give a coach the players, he'll lose, I don't care if it's Scotty Bowman.
Very well put

McSorleyStick is offline   Reply With Quote