HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part XXI (All non Habs related news here)

Closed Thread

Old
05-16-2011, 05:32 PM
le_sean

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partisan du CH View Post
There's a small minority of fans (but who are very present here) that are very talented at re-writing the past only to justify the past mistakes done by the management, as if they were unable to admit that these mistakes actually happened.

Lapierre's "antics" were very appreciated here, as much as Subban's "antics" are appreciated now. And now it's Vancouver fans turn to appreciate Lapierre's "antics".
Lapierre is your average 4th line pest. So he skates fast and has nice goals sometimes. Who cares. He played like he was entitled to something yet he's a player almost every NHL team has. Work your ass off every night to keep your spot, not just every home game and select playoff games. I'm sure the guys were sick of him too.

Old
05-16-2011, 05:37 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Gotta love Guy "Poker Face" Boucher hyping up Boston. He claimed several times that he expects Bergeron to play as early as Game 2, that Tim Thomas will be at his absolute best and Boston altogether will be (and I quote) "flawless." Talk about putting indirect pressure on the opponents.

Old
05-16-2011, 05:59 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenIceHit View Post
I think it is the right thread to comment it. It seems the Trashers are getting closer to Winnipeg and that they are in the negociation process :

http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey...-with-winnipeg
Keeping my fingers crossed and hoping that it happens. Winnipeg deserves a team.

Old
05-16-2011, 06:11 PM
jlgib21*

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Lapierre is your average 4th line pest. So he skates fast and has nice goals sometimes. Who cares. He played like he was entitled to something yet he's a player almost every NHL team has. Work your ass off every night to keep your spot, not just every home game and select playoff games. I'm sure the guys were sick of him too.
I'd rather have him here than Pyatt or Halpern,that's for sure

Old
05-16-2011, 06:12 PM
jlgib21*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
Gotta love Guy "Poker Face" Boucher hyping up Boston. He claimed several times that he expects Bergeron to play as early as Game 2, that Tim Thomas will be at his absolute best and Boston altogether will be (and I quote) "flawless." Talk about putting indirect pressure on the opponents.
This guy is an amazing coach,you can just see it in his actions AND his words. we're going to regret letting him go for years.

Old
05-16-2011, 06:33 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Has he said that the Bolts are the underdogs yet?

Old
05-16-2011, 06:43 PM
macavoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
I was one who heralded Martin last year but now I'm fully aboard the Boucher wagon. I would go back and fire our coach that got us to the ECF for a rookie.

Old
05-16-2011, 06:45 PM
shamrun

Quote:

Old
05-16-2011, 06:48 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlgib21 View Post
I'd rather have him here than Pyatt or Halpern,that's for sure
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlgib21 View Post
This guy is an amazing coach,you can just see it in his actions AND his words. we're going to regret letting him go for years.
agree on both

Old
05-16-2011, 07:15 PM
deandebean

We won't regret it because he will come here one day, but with some experience. In Tampa, he had no pressure to succeed. In Montreal, for his first NHL assignment, it would have been overwhelming. Besides, we all know that Gauthier and Martin are best buddies. So firing Martin was out of the question. Look at Muller...

Old
05-16-2011, 07:22 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
Not in these exact words, but... basically yea.

Old
05-16-2011, 08:52 PM
yohan1212

[QUOTE=PyrettaBlaze;33054140]Some Bruins fans booed and were chanting "Rangers suck"...[/QUOTE]

No they didnt. thats just false. though some idiots couldnt shut up for a couple seconds during the moment of silence they Chanted "Booooooogard", not "rangers suck"......

Old
05-16-2011, 09:43 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by yohan1212 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
Some Bruins fans booed and were chanting [B]"Rangers suck"...
No they didnt. thats just false. though some idiots couldnt shut up for a couple seconds during the moment of silence they Chanted "Booooooogard", not "rangers suck"......
Have to say, I watched the highlights of it and didn't hear anything Rangers related either. Although it still is sad to hear people yelling anything. A moment of silence is not a hard concept to grasp onto. For a moment, you remain silent. So for the love of God, shut your trap.

Old
05-16-2011, 09:48 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Keeping my fingers crossed and hoping that it happens. Winnipeg deserves a team.
Wouldn't it be great to see Byfuglien back west playing vs Vancouver??

And who would come out East? Detroit? Columbus? How would that affect the other divisions??
I think Columbus would most likely be the one moving to the Eastern Conference as I could see them replace ATL in the SE division. 320 Miles away from the closest city in the SE, Washington. As opposed to Detroit that would be 530miles away.
If Detroit joined the East, it would most likely mean reshaping the other divisions. They would be closer to join our division. Not sure the league would want this.
So, I think Columbus would probably be the one switching sides.

Certainly would be interesting to see.

Old
05-17-2011, 07:40 AM
Patccmoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Wouldn't it be great to see Byfuglien back west playing vs Vancouver??

And who would come out East? Detroit? Columbus? How would that affect the other divisions??
I think Columbus would most likely be the one moving to the Eastern Conference as I could see them replace ATL in the SE division. 320 Miles away from the closest city in the SE, Washington. As opposed to Detroit that would be 530miles away.
If Detroit joined the East, it would most likely mean reshaping the other divisions. They would be closer to join our division. Not sure the league would want this.
So, I think Columbus would probably be the one switching sides.

Certainly would be interesting to see.
I really hope Detroit joins the East. I'd love seeing their players more often. Sure might make it a bit harder on us than if Colombus joined, but I don't care. Detroit brings quality hockey.

Old
05-17-2011, 07:43 AM
OpenIceHit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patccmoi View Post
I really hope Detroit joins the East. I'd love seeing their players more often. Sure might make it a bit harder on us than if Colombus joined, but I don't care. Detroit brings quality hockey.
And Detroit wants East. But I don't how you could change the NE and the Atlantic Divisions. And Detroit to the SE Division doesn't make any sense.

Old
05-17-2011, 09:18 AM
Patccmoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenIceHit View Post
And Detroit wants East. But I don't how you could change the NE and the Atlantic Divisions. And Detroit to the SE Division doesn't make any sense.
It's hard and some hard choices would have to be made, but how is it any different if it's Colombus joining though? I mean, Winnipeg won't play in the East...

Detroit is fairly close to Buffalo and would make sense in the NE (don't really see where else it could go!).

You know what I bet the NHL would do? Throw Pittsburgh in the SE. Geographically I think they make the most sense, and it would mean 6 Wash-Pitts games a year (which means NBC is happy because they're 2 of the 6 teams they are aware exist in the NHL, and the NHL played the rivalry between these 2 teams up BIG time). You would lose some Pitts-Flyers which are another great rivalry, but marketing-wise less important I think than the Wash-Pitts one (might be more important to the fans of these teams, but they won't care as much).

They would move Boston to Atlantic. Again, makes sense geographically, they're closer to NY than to any team in the NE. Boston-Philly are having a good marketable rivalry lately (nothing like the Habs-Boston one ofc, but still they can play it up) and Boston-NY is a natural rivalry in every other sport. They'll work on increasing it.

So divisions would be:

NE :
Montreal
Buffalo
Toronto
Ottawa
Detroit

Atl :
Boston
NYR
NYI
NJD
Philly

SE (Stamkos, Ovechkin and Crosby in the same division? NBC will drool. Carolina and Florida won't make the playoffs for years though lol):
Pitts
Wash
TB
Carolina
Florida

That's how I'd do it anyway, even if it sacrifices a bit (like Montreal-Boston 6x, but for them I think the Pens-Flyers x 6 is going to be worth it, and for us I'd love to see Montreal-Detroit x 6 even if it means we lose a lot).

Old
05-17-2011, 09:41 AM
OpenIceHit

I still think it would be pretty very hard to move the Red Wings in the Eastern Conference. It's not only a matter of what Detroit wants because once again it's all about money. Some teams are big sellers when visiting and if I'm not mistaken, I read somewhere that the Red Wings was the team attracting the biggest crowds in other cities (as much as the Habs). Teams like Columbus and Nashville sure don't want the Wings to change divisions, nor conference.

And forget about splitting the two teams from Pennsylvania. It would be like splitting Calgary and Edmonton, or Montrea and Quebec ...

And finally, Boston has always been in the same division as Montreal. On the other hand, Toronto was the one playing in the Western Conference not long ago...

Old
05-17-2011, 09:46 AM
MarkovsKnee

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
He'd have been let go of if he was a Hab, take that to the bank. Unless of course he was the twinkle in Gainey's eye.

(don't take this as a shot at Price, but there is other players we should have never let go of because "attitude" problems)
It wasn't just attitude with some guys on the Habs. It was also effort or lack thereof, on and off the ice. Glencross is a hard worker that isn't his problem and he doesn't seem to be a team **** disturber. He just didn't like his ice time at one point and got benched for poor play in the defensive zone, I believe.

You have to give credit to Glencross for taking it like a man and stepping up his play. We had too many players when presented with the same situation didn't work to get themselves out of it, but whined about it and sulked on and off ice.

Price didn't stick around because he was Gainey's pet. He stuck around because he's talented and he took his demotion to Halak with class. You didn't see anything from him last year but support of Halak and his teammates. Price worked hard to re-gain the trust of both Martin and his teammates.

That's something that a lot of players who are no longer with the organization weren't able to do. I don't miss any of them. Entitlement is not a good thing.

Old
05-17-2011, 10:22 AM
Protest the Hero

I think Nashville would be the first to move east, and after them Columbus. Detroit makes money just fine I'd imagine, and I bet Columbus and Nashville would love to save money on travel.

Old
05-17-2011, 10:30 AM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

Big Mac on twitter said Detroit will stay in the West

Old
05-17-2011, 12:19 PM
CareyClutch
Doing the job

Send a message via MSN to CareyClutch
For those who were speaking about Benoit Groulx in Hamilton...

http://www.ckac.com/hockey/nouvelles...ana-76436.html

If the Habs asked him to go to Hamilton he will say no, but yes to Montréal.

Old
05-17-2011, 12:22 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Canada's Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by CareyClutch View Post
For those who were speaking about Benoit Groulx in Hamilton...

http://www.ckac.com/hockey/nouvelles...ana-76436.html

Groulx say no to Hamilton, yes to Montréal.
Sounds a bit full of himself, imo. If boucher could coach hamilton, why wouldn't groulx?

"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
Old
05-17-2011, 12:30 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Sounds a bit full of himself, imo. If boucher could coach hamilton, why wouldn't groulx?
He coached 2 years in the AHL already. After blowing a first round 3-1 series lead in 09/10 he decided to go back to the Q

Old
05-17-2011, 02:46 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
He coached 2 years in the AHL already. After blowing a first round 3-1 series lead in 09/10 he decided to go back to the Q
That's harsh. I don't like his comment. He's not willing to study Montreal's organization during a Hamilton season and then get the promotion if he succeeds.

No matter how you put it, coaching in the AHL is more difficult than coaching the Q. You face better coaches/tactics.

Closed Thread