HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Kreider is staying at BC (Won't change mind. Summer school)

Old
05-15-2011, 11:18 AM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
There is a BC poster on USCHO.com(who seems to know about these things)wrote this this morning

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...70#post5139370

Someone else wrote Kreider is gone in this thread

http://bostoncollege.rivals.com/show...d=1007&style=2
The other guy in the thread they are talking about, Danny Linell, he is from my town. It's pretty cool that he's going to BC. I hope he makes it to the NHL one day.

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2011, 11:50 AM
N9Y4R
Bleed Blue

Well this news is at least slightly encouraging. Can't get psyched yet though.

N9Y4R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2011, 08:03 PM
greech

Send a message via AIM to greech
I'm looking into this now, but to those posters who think a year at BC is going to destroy the kid or that Jerry York is going to "ruin" him as one poster on the first page said, couldn't know less about BC hockey. Having watched just about every game this year, this kid's talent surely is NHL caliber. What he needs to work on, in my opinion, is bringing that each night. The kid is smart, wants to be in school, why rush him?

greech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2011, 06:47 AM
Levitate

Well, congrats to Kreider on a great college and amateur career, if he's going pro. A national championship, two Beanpot wins, a WJC gold and WJC bronze.

Now he just has to work harder!

I'd like to see Tortorella really get to work with him and start teaching him how to use his skills and really play the game here...probably one reason I would rather he make the Rangers than go to Hartford, but he may be Hartford bound to start. Either way I think he'll get more game experience which will help him a ton.

e: And, well, it may not be true, so we'll have to wait and see. If it is though, it kind of shows the games that college athletes have to play and that get played with them. From York coming out and declaring that Kreider was staying, to Kreider saying recently that he was going to stay another year, and then the Rangers finally talking to him and offering a contract and all that changing in a space of a week or two...

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2011, 07:29 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

The US lost to the Czech Republic on Wednesday. Figure Kreider took a Thursday late morning/early afternoon flight from Slovakia(does he transfer to another Boston bound flight)for Boston and arrives late that afternoon. The rumor was posted early Friday morning. Did Kreider inform BC? Did his advisor Matt Keator inform BC?

The Rangers were represented at the WC. Mark Messier was there. Gordie Clark or Jeff Gorton were probably at the WC. His advisor was there because all of the agents attend these tournaments. Did the Rangers have a discussion with Kreider and his advisor in Slovakia? It would be hard to have a meeting with all of the parties already in town.

The Rangers organization meetings begin today at La Quinta,California.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2011, 09:37 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Hopefully an update is released sometime this week.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2011, 10:23 AM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
The US lost to the Czech Republic on Wednesday. Figure Kreider took a Thursday late morning/early afternoon flight from Slovakia(does he transfer to another Boston bound flight)for Boston and arrives late that afternoon. The rumor was posted early Friday morning. Did Kreider inform BC? Did his advisor Matt Keator inform BC?

The Rangers were represented at the WC. Mark Messier was there. Gordie Clark or Jeff Gorton were probably at the WC. His advisor was there because all of the agents attend these tournaments. Did the Rangers have a discussion with Kreider and his advisor in Slovakia? It would be hard to have a meeting with all of the parties already in town.

That's a good point. I didn't even know Messier, Clark/Gorton, and Kreider's advisor were there. That's an interesting way to look at things. Hopefully we'll hear something about it this week

Old
05-16-2011, 10:43 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Messier was in Slovakia. Saw a tweet about Messier attending a Canada practice. Clark and Gorton run the Rangers personnel/scouting departments. The Rangers are looking at Viktor Fasth and one of them probably went to Slovakia to get a closer look plus look at the Rangers players. The advisor/agent Matt Keator had clients playing in the WC. Usually agents attend these tournaments to support the clients and look for new clients. Even if Keator wasn't there,the Rangers brass had to have had at least one conversation with Kreider. Reviewing his year at BC. Talking about the future. Where he fits in the plans. Stuff like that. If I was a member of the Rangers brass,I would have discussed those things with Kreider. Try to get a feel of the situation from the player heading into the off season meetings.

Old
05-16-2011, 10:52 AM
TrollololBoyle

Quote:
Priorities:
1) Richards
2) Drury & Wolski
3) Redden
4) Kreider
5) PP improvement
6) Other FAs

plz

TrollololBoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2011, 11:33 AM
Riche16
Pessimistic-Realist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukSOGoal View Post
Priorities:
1) Richards
2) Drury & Wolski
3) Redden
4) Kreider
5) PP improvement
6) Other FAs

plz
Signing our own RFAs, winter classic, opening in Europe...

They've got lots to talk about in between rounds of golf

Riche16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2011, 03:23 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riche16 View Post
Signing our own RFAs, winter classic, opening in Europe...

They've got lots to talk about in between rounds of golf
I heard Sather is shooting a -18 at the links

Old
05-16-2011, 06:13 PM
Giglio NYR15
Section 417

First off, why the hell are the rangers meetings in california. THIS IS THE NEW YORK RANGERS, they gotta go to hippie california to have their meetings instead of their home best city in the world!!! Secondly, has anyone ever thought Kreider doesnt want to be a ranger, he is from Massachusetts. If i was drafted by the bruins, I WOULD SO NOT PLAY FOR THEM, I DESPISE ALL THINGS BOSTON, and i would be a hypocrite for my life of hatred of boston and disloyalty as a new yorker.

That being said, Im not saying its true, just saying i could see the logic considering how I am, and the kid probably grew up a bruins fan. BUT, Van riemsdyk grew up a big nyr fan and plays for the flyers, and well I WOULD NEVER DO THAT EITHER.

Giglio NYR15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2011, 06:15 PM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Quote:
Just spoke to Chris Kreider, who says nothing has changed with his decision to go back to Boston College for junior season.
https://twitter.com/#!/AGrossRecord/...65434062069761

Quote:
Chris Kreider adds that Rangers have not been in contact with him and, thus far, there's been no offer to turn pro.
https://twitter.com/#!/AGrossRecord/...65764074102785

Old
05-16-2011, 06:17 PM
Giglio NYR15
Section 417

That being said, I think we should all shutup now and stop this waste of time until the prospect camp. Its all time, patience and stress being wasted. Screw kreider when callahan and duby must be signed first, and umm that richards guy too.

Old
05-16-2011, 06:18 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR BLUE18 View Post
First off, why the hell are the rangers meetings in california. THIS IS THE NEW YORK RANGERS, they gotta go to hippie california to have their meetings instead of their home best city in the world!!! Secondly, has anyone ever thought Kreider doesnt want to be a ranger, he is from Massachusetts. If i was drafted by the bruins, I WOULD SO NOT PLAY FOR THEM, I DESPISE ALL THINGS BOSTON, and i would be a hypocrite for my life of hatred of boston and disloyalty as a new yorker.

That being said, Im not saying its true, just saying i could see the logic considering how I am, and the kid probably grew up a bruins fan. BUT, Van riemsdyk grew up a big nyr fan and plays for the flyers, and well I WOULD NEVER DO THAT EITHER.
I dont think so. That would all change when you realize that team would be paying you 1+ million a season and chose you over so many kids in the 1st round because they loved the way you play and everything about you. Its your ticket to the NHL.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2011, 06:18 PM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

The offer should be coming soon. The Rangers didn't make Stepan an offer until late May. After their organization meetings.

It's hard to believe the Rangers haven't been in contact with the Kreider camp.

Brooks wrote the following on April 12

Quote:
The Post has learned the Rangers do not believe that 2009 first-round draft choice Chris Kreider has made an irrevocable decision to return to Boston College next year for his junior season, though that's what Eagles head coach Jerry York announced yesterday.

It is believed that the Blueshirts are in communication with the winger, who will turn 20 on April 30. The Post last week was told by an individual close to Kreider that he is leaning toward returning to school.
Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/range...#ixzz1MYozT2Xi

Last edited by RangerBoy: 05-16-2011 at 06:24 PM.
Old
05-16-2011, 06:28 PM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Quote:
Kreider did add that the “decision to go back for my junior season” was valid “as of now,” which made it sound like that could change.

But Kreider said the decision wasn’t as tough a decision as one might believe.

“There wasn’t an offer on the table,” Kreider said. “If (the Rangers) have been in touch with my agent, I’m not aware of it. They haven’t been in touch with me at all.”

Chris Kreider, decision go back to junior season, as of now. Decision, tough make, wasn’t offer on table, only decision, talked over coaches, decision.
http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/r...es_leaving_bc/

Old
05-16-2011, 06:30 PM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Kreider sounds a lot like Stepan did before he turned pro.

Old
05-16-2011, 06:30 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:

The kids are working their butts off to make it to the NHL...they aren't going to walk away from their dream because they don't want to play for their favorite team's rival. lol

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2011, 06:42 PM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

January 2010

Quote:
In fact, Stepan said he told anyone who would listen at the WJC in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan that he intends to stay at UW and play at least through the 2010-11 season.

"I feel like I need another year here (after this season),'' Stepan said.
Quote:
Stepan acknowledged that there's a possibility that things could change between now and the start of the 2010-11 season -- that he could play so well and the Rangers become so enamored that they push to sign him -- but he's locked onto one course of action.

"Right now, the plan is to stay and there hasn't been anything to even alter that plan at all,'' said Stepan, who's from Hastings, Minn. "I need another year, I feel like.
http://host.madison.com/sports/colle...cc4c03286.html

June 2010

Quote:
“It surprised me,” Stepan said Wednesday of the decision. “I told (Eaves) that my world got flipped upside-down a couple weeks ago.”

That’s when the Rangers, who chose Stepan in the second round of the NHL Entry Draft in 2008, began aggressively pursuing him.

“It’s something where I felt bad and it was a tough decision,” Stepan said, noting that he’s gotten little sleep the last 10 days weighing his options, “but it in the end it was the best thing for me.”
http://host.madison.com/sports/colle...cc4c002e0.html

Now for Kreider

May 2011

Quote:
"I don't feel like I'm ready for the NHL ," the Rangers' 2009 first-round draft pick told Newsday by phone from Kosice, Slovakia, where he's playing for the U.S. team in the World Championships. "Another year [at Boston College ] can't hurt."
http://mobile.newsday.com/inf/infomo...2863395&part=0

Today

Quote:
Kreider did add that the “decision to go back for my junior season” was valid “as of now,” which made it sound like that could change.

But Kreider said the decision wasn’t as tough a decision as one might believe.

“There wasn’t an offer on the table,” Kreider said. “If (the Rangers) have been in touch with my agent, I’m not aware of it. They haven’t been in touch with me at all.”
http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/r...es_leaving_bc/

Old
05-16-2011, 06:43 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Exactly what i've been saying. No offer on the table. The only thing he can do is go about his business as if he's returning to BC. He has no other option right now.

Let's see what he says when he has a guaranteed pro contract on the table in front of him.

Old
05-16-2011, 06:45 PM
JeffMangum
A Love Supreme

vCash: 300
Quote:

The hell is this?

Get back to me when you're dream is to make the NHL. I highly doubt you'd let personal likes and dislikes get in your way.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2011, 06:47 PM
Giglio NYR15
Section 417

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
The kids are working their butts off to make it to the NHL...they aren't going to walk away from their dream because they don't want to play for their favorite team's rival. lol
Its not walking away from a dream, if your talented you would get a contract elsewhere. Im sorry for having loyalty to what I believe, I would never ever play for ANY boston professional team. I would not have the love for the game, and it would kill me to play in the garden and hear the goal song and not be apart of it. If nobody can see that point than your all idiots and a bunch of beanshooters when you talk about how much you love this team. True happiness in life isnt about $$$ signs. To me, happiness is this city I live in, im proud to be an italian kid from brooklyn and much of my identity, culture and life is based on that. Unfortunately for many New yorkers and all flids from long island today, they dont grow up with that city neighborhood aspect where you know everybody and spending your days hanging out in or outside one of the local pizzerias, cafes, bars or social clubs always with a game on the tv. Its not a question of being dumb, its having things in life that make you happy. All the money in the world cant replace sentimental value.

Old
05-16-2011, 07:03 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Brian Leetch grew up in Massachusetts.

Old
05-16-2011, 07:11 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
Brian Leetch grew up in Massachusetts.
I was just going to say this. Last time I checked, he was a decent player.

Bob Richards is online now   Reply With Quote