HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Emelin close to signing 1-year deal with Habs

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-17-2011, 09:53 AM
  #801
Maxpac
Registered User
 
Maxpac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: hockey city
Posts: 14,177
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
I just want more mobility and speed on the back end . Gill, Spacek, Sopel and Hamrlik used to get destroyed on the outside. I feel like upgrading that would improve the team 10 fold
I thjink it's the complete opposite. We're very good defensively when we push the guys on the outside and leave them in that corridor where they have little space to makle plays and thus shoot like crazy but no good scoring chances. Of course, yes, on some occasions we did get beat on the outside just like every team of every league, but that's just part of the game. The problem is when they crash the middle of the ice straight to Price. We can't use any strengh to stop them because that means after-whistle scraps everytime and we can't compete with any physical team in that area.

Maxpac is offline  
Old
05-17-2011, 09:54 AM
  #802
domdo345
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,117
vCash: 500
The bruins knew that if the puck was sent in either hamrlik's, gill's, mara's, sopel's corner, they'd easily be the first on the puck and gain the zone easily.

domdo345 is offline  
Old
05-17-2011, 09:54 AM
  #803
Marchy79
Registered User
 
Marchy79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Barrie
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,915
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuriedHab View Post
Well for one I've heard reports that hes better than Yannick Weber. He could provide as a solid upgrade over him or spacek in a year. Lots of Nhl teams were scouting him and we beat out quite a few for his services.

Point 2 is he is a good all around dman at 25 years old, and we get him for nothing. He will probably develop in hamilton for most of the year so hes not taking up a roster spot or cap room unless he's called up.

Point 3 is that if you missed ALL OF THIS SEASON, you would see that injuries to the defense can and Will happen. So having more depth in Hamilton incase of injuries is awesome.

Like I said Before, CHILL the **** out. We aren't starting negotiations with him until today. People get all riled up over a pretty good signing and don't even know if Emelin is coming over yet. Just everyone take a deep breath. If we don't get him, then theres always ufa.
I gotta say, I am not pleased about signing ANOTHER soft, defenceman who's claim to fame is foot speed and some offensive skills (because we dont know how good yet). I really cant be bothered about beating the NHL teams off for a guy who does not provide ANYTHING unique to this team!
We have small undersized soft offensive minded defencemen... that's not a need for Montreal!

You are assuming he is good all-around. Bear in mind, the last 2 Swiss players we signed, Streit (was offensiely gifted, sucked defensively) and Weber (sucked defensively, OK offensively in the NHL, awesome in the AHL/OHL, but he's young so Ill give him the benefit of the doubt).

We have injury replacement guys. I am not honestly to worried about it anyhow, because I cant go in to a season expecting to get decimated by injuries!

I am chilled out about the signing. I KNOW that the talks are today... What sets me off is TT more or less saying to Mcagg, that Emelin believe it when I see it... Then gets turned on for another one of his 'projects'. We know it's his crap, when they have footspeed. What I am saying is that if Emelin doesnt sign, we are tagged with yet another soft but speedy defenceman, who couldnt move a piece of gnat **** in front of Carey Price.

Defence is important, however it is MORE imperitive we lower the shots carey handles in a game. It's NOT important to add a Diaz when we have potentially Subban, and Weber, with even the option to bring back Wiz. Dont forget the AHL allstar Carle who needs to get his feet wet someday (instead of consistently being buried)

Marchy79 is offline  
Old
05-17-2011, 09:56 AM
  #804
neofury*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, PQ
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost # 1 View Post
I gotta say, I am not pleased about signing ANOTHER soft, defenceman who's claim to fame is foot speed and some offensive skills (because we dont know how good yet). I really cant be bothered about beating the NHL teams off for a guy who does not provide ANYTHING unique to this team!
We have small undersized soft offensive minded defencemen... that's not a need for Montreal!

You are assuming he is good all-around. Bear in mind, the last 2 Swiss players we signed, Streit (was offensiely gifted, sucked defensively) and Weber (sucked defensively, OK offensively in the NHL, awesome in the AHL/OHL, but he's young so Ill give him the benefit of the doubt).

We have injury replacement guys. I am not honestly to worried about it anyhow, because I cant go in to a season expecting to get decimated by injuries!

I am chilled out about the signing. I KNOW that the talks are today... What sets me off is TT more or less saying to Mcagg, that Emelin believe it when I see it... Then gets turned on for another one of his 'projects'. We know it's his crap, when they have footspeed. What I am saying is that if Emelin doesnt sign, we are tagged with yet another soft but speedy defenceman, who couldnt move a piece of gnat **** in front of Carey Price.

Defence is important, however it is MORE imperitive we lower the shots carey handles in a game. It's NOT important to add a Diaz when we have potentially Subban, and Weber, with even the option to bring back Wiz. Dont forget the AHL allstar Carle who needs to get his feet wet someday (instead of consistently being buried)
1) He went undrafted
2) We paid nothing to acquire him
3) He could potentially be an NHL asset even if only a #6d
4) We could trade that asset eventually in order to get an asset we actually do need.
5) He could pan out and in a time of injuries be extremely helpful either way.

I just don't see the harm here. Plus I'm pretty sure Carle is a career AHLer. Can't say for sure because his development has been massively delayed, but I wouldn't bet money on him making it.

neofury* is offline  
Old
05-17-2011, 10:01 AM
  #805
Marchy79
Registered User
 
Marchy79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Barrie
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,915
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by domdo345 View Post
It is easy to talk like that when in reality they lost in overtime 3 times in the series. And yet again it seemed like our bigger D (hamrlik, gill, sopel, mara) weere out of gas by the end of these games. I have no problem bringing Emelin over here, but he has to put the intensity and skate much better than what we saw in the WC. Again i need to see more of him before making anymore jugement.
We lost 3 overtime games, but I would go as far to say that we didnt pay the price!
Our guys werent digging like their were, they werent as hungry as the B's by the end of it all... and the B's took it home...

Now I ask... How do you think that happens? How do you think that both teams, with something to prove, one wins out the first 2 games, then craps out the other 4? How many leads were blown?

They lost their hunger because Boston kept on filling their faces with some ugly Beantown crap! It was intimidation. Pure intimidation.

Heck though I hate the kid... Look at the liberties Marchand had playing against us in the last few games!
Did we have ANY small skaters skating as liberally as him? nope. not at all... We had Pleks being roughed up and being asked to deal with Chara.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
1) He went undrafted
2) We paid nothing to acquire him
3) He could potentially be an NHL asset even if only a #6d
4) We could trade that asset eventually in order to get an asset we actually do need.
5) He could pan out and in a time of injuries be extremely helpful either way.

I just don't see the harm here. Plus I'm pretty sure Carle is a career AHLer. Can't say for sure because his development has been massively delayed, but I wouldn't bet money on him making it.
I get that... I know we paid nothing to acquire him (and lets thank goodness for that). He could very well be an NHL asset, then again he may not be as well, and we can trade him sure...

But WHY are we wasting time... on him?

What did Diaz bring that we dont already have covered?

I know Carle has had a hard time developing, but what I am getting at is that he could be the first call up RD (He is an 2011 AHL Allstar, and is still playing in the Conference finals right now)... Why waste another contract on Diaz?

Subban
Wiz (I want him signed... we'll see though)
Weber
Carle
Klubertanz
Now...
Diaz.

The top 2 are the NHL for sure d's...
The rest have work to do, But I am willing to bet if we put white jerseys on all of them, and blackened out their faces... People would have an incredibly hard time deciphering from Weber, Carle, Klubertanzx and Diaz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Anyone who tries to claim we have more talent than the Bruins, especially with the line-up we had, is just a blatant homer.

Sorry not trying to be mean in the slightest but it's true.
Talent does not mean better hockey player.

Talent means you can do neat things with the puck, I think if we had a hackey sack competition (about hockey skills) with the B's we'd out do them.

How couldnt we? ALL of our guys are here by skill.
Boston was smart... they mixed it up. Some guys in their room CANT play decent hockey, but the sums equal more of the parts (think Boychuk as a good example)

Ive had guys who can do more things than I could with a puck play against me and lose consistently... I am sure many here who have been to ice rinks have.

Marchy79 is offline  
Old
05-17-2011, 10:09 AM
  #806
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 31,235
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost # 1 View Post
We lost 3 overtime games, but I would go as far to say that we didnt pay the price!
Our guys werent digging like their were, they werent as hungry as the B's by the end of it all... and the B's took it home...

Now I ask... How do you think that happens? How do you think that both teams, with something to prove, one wins out the first 2 games, then craps out the other 4? How many leads were blown?

They lost their hunger because Boston kept on filling their faces with some ugly Beantown crap! It was intimidation. Pure intimidation.

Heck though I hate the kid... Look at the liberties Marchand had playing against us in the last few games!
Did we have ANY small skaters skating as liberally as him? nope. not at all... We had Pleks being roughed up and being asked to deal with Chara.
I think your view of that series is pretty dillusional. Boston got to where they are because they have skill, maybe we have more and should have won but a lot of our skill was banged up or not playing at all(Markov Pacioretty Gorges Wisniewski Eller etc) and they still needed quite a few lucky bounces(look at the OT winners) to beat us.

While I agree that we need a bit more size and nastiness, that's doesn't mean that Boston completely overwhelmed us with size and physicality. I think we could use a pure enforcer(use 800k-1mil) and mean defenseman. Boston's best players were the smurf line(Recchi Marchand Bergeron) plus Ryder and Peverley, Horton and Lucic were pretty much non factors except for a couple of lucky bounce goals by Horton.

I have to laugh at commenting on the Diaz signing in a negative way. Just because our need at the NHL level is a bit more size and belligerance that you completely stop trying to add other elements to your farm system, very narrow minded way of seeing things.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
05-17-2011, 10:19 AM
  #807
TheBuriedHab
Registered User
 
TheBuriedHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 5,181
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost # 1 View Post

You are assuming he is good all-around. Bear in mind, the last 2 Swiss players we signed, Streit (was offensiely gifted, sucked defensively) and Weber (sucked defensively, OK offensively in the NHL, awesome in the AHL/OHL, but he's young so Ill give him the benefit of the doubt).

We have injury replacement guys. I am not honestly to worried about it anyhow, because I cant go in to a season expecting to get decimated by injuries!

I am chilled out about the signing. I KNOW that the talks are today... What sets me off is TT more or less saying to Mcagg, that Emelin believe it when I see it... Then gets turned on for another one of his 'projects'. We know it's his crap, when they have footspeed. What I am saying is that if Emelin doesnt sign, we are tagged with yet another soft but speedy defenceman, who couldnt move a piece of gnat **** in front of Carey Price.

Defence is important, however it is MORE imperitive we lower the shots carey handles in a game. It's NOT important to add a Diaz when we have potentially Subban, and Weber, with even the option to bring back Wiz. Dont forget the AHL allstar Carle who needs to get his feet wet someday (instead of consistently being buried)
Streit and Weber Don't "suck" defensively sorry.

Who are our injury replacement guys? Brendan nash? Matt Carle? St Denis?

Your pissed off because TT doesn't want to get his hopes up until Emelin signs? Nowhere does it say hes not high on Emelin's skillset and what he brings to the team. OBVIOUSLY TT knows we need big physical Dman, Hence why he drafted Tinordi last year. Hes not incharge of the contract signings, hes just waiting for him to get signed like all of us.

And you say Diaz is not necessary because of Subban and Weber. What if hes better than Weber? Isn't upgrading the team the number 1 priority?

And what if hes better than Carle? I personally like Carle, but theres a very good chance this guy will be ahead of Carle on the hamilton depth chart to start the season. Another upgrade.

TheBuriedHab is offline  
Old
05-17-2011, 10:26 AM
  #808
Marchy79
Registered User
 
Marchy79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Barrie
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,915
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I think your view of that series is pretty dillusional. Boston got to where they are because they have skill, maybe we have more and should have won but a lot of our skill was banged up or not playing at all(Markov Pacioretty Gorges Wisniewski Eller etc) and they still needed quite a few lucky bounces(look at the OT winners) to beat us.

While I agree that we need a bit more size and nastiness, that's doesn't mean that Boston completely overwhelmed us with size and physicality. I think we could use a pure enforcer(use 800k-1mil) and mean defenseman. Boston's best players were the smurf line(Recchi Marchand Bergeron) plus Ryder and Peverley, Horton and Lucic were pretty much non factors except for a couple of lucky bounce goals by Horton.

I have to laugh at commenting on the Diaz signing in a negative way. Just because our need at the NHL level is a bit more size and belligerance that you completely stop trying to add other elements to your farm system, very narrow minded way of seeing things.
I think alot of people forget how Kelly ( a grinder) had the career series against us.

GWG were Horton, Horton, Ryder, Peverley So 3 of those guys who DIDNT beat us, certainly put the stake in our hearts.

I would not be nearly as annoyed if we did FOCUS on anything else other than soft undersized but albeit 'quick' players.

We need guys with an edge... But all the time, it is overlooked. That is why I am annoyed. Not once has a GM looked at a need and addressed it properly.

Marchy79 is offline  
Old
05-17-2011, 10:29 AM
  #809
neofury*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, PQ
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost # 1 View Post
Talent does not mean better hockey player.

Talent means you can do neat things with the puck, I think if we had a hackey sack competition (about hockey skills) with the B's we'd out do them.

How couldnt we? ALL of our guys are here by skill.
Boston was smart... they mixed it up. Some guys in their room CANT play decent hockey, but the sums equal more of the parts (think Boychuk as a good example)

Ive had guys who can do more things than I could with a puck play against me and lose consistently... I am sure many here who have been to ice rinks have.
Oh come on now. That's the most basic way of looking at things I think I've heard. Talent is what it is, talent. It can't be summed up just by making a fancy move or two.

neofury* is offline  
Old
05-17-2011, 10:51 AM
  #810
Marchy79
Registered User
 
Marchy79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Barrie
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,915
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuriedHab View Post
Streit and Weber Don't "suck" defensively sorry.

Who are our injury replacement guys? Brendan nash? Matt Carle? St Denis?

Your pissed off because TT doesn't want to get his hopes up until Emelin signs? Nowhere does it say hes not high on Emelin's skillset and what he brings to the team. OBVIOUSLY TT knows we need big physical Dman, Hence why he drafted Tinordi last year. Hes not incharge of the contract signings, hes just waiting for him to get signed like all of us.

And you say Diaz is not necessary because of Subban and Weber. What if hes better than Weber? Isn't upgrading the team the number 1 priority?

And what if hes better than Carle? I personally like Carle, but theres a very good chance this guy will be ahead of Carle on the hamilton depth chart to start the season. Another upgrade.
OK so we just played BOTH Streit, and Weber on the O lines because of why then? Why is it those 2 guys instead of ANYONE else on the point? They are great offensive players, and I sincerely doubt that Martin takes anyone in his TOP 6 defensive lines to play in his top 12 forwards.

No I am tired of watching TT getting his rocks off on small undersized but speedy players. Esp. when we are filled to the brim with them.

Now on a side note about Tinordi... I would love to see what their additude would be about him, if he said he was going CHL the entire time... Another thing I am tired of seeing is college kids used with high picks. They have committed to playing 30 games a year, and it seems to me that we are trying to draft all round people in stead of HOCKEY PLAYERS.
I for one welcome the CHL players, as it's been way too long that we havent given enough emphasis to the oldest farm league that we have.
I know Tinordi went the London route (and thank gawd on that)...
and Leblanc went the Montreal route last year (thank god for that one too).
But if a player wants to be a player, instead of focusing on school... It seems to bite them in the ass here (at least with the high end picks it does). Something is wrong with that philosophy.

Wizniewski is better than Weber. That is improving the team. a Marginal improvement on a bottom line is not going to do much. Because we are talking about MARGINS.

6th D does not have to be a world setting defenceman. I was/would be more than comfortable LETTING Weber develop there. But in a spare position (the first RHD call up)
Klubertanz AND Carle are proving some worth in the Minors, and NEITHER have skills opposite/different than Weber/Carle/Diaz...
Hence, more of the same.

I like my players like I like my skittles. A whole rainbow of choice.
I want a Hamilton, where if I need some physicality on my RHD, I can get it. Or if I need offence, I can get it... Signing the same guy over and over is a problem wether you or anyone fails to see it or not. We wont win a cup with 3 Webers playing defence for Montreal.
If there is any defenceman I would take more of, it's PK Subban.

Marchy79 is offline  
Old
05-17-2011, 10:53 AM
  #811
Grant McCagg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,454
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost # 1 View Post
I gotta say... this answer by TT does not make me happy at all. In fact it sort of infuriates me (definately not your fault Mr.Mcagg ), due to the fact that we have too many Diaz' and not enough Emelin's.

Emelin, with his physicality is >> over just about anything else I heard of the hbs chasing to date. He's #1 priority, due to the fact that it is anticipated that he can help as early as next year, and provides a piece of the game we dont have covered really well...

But it really drives me nuts, that I was just mentioning as to why management needs to be rotated, the scouting department chases ONLY guys who can skate. So therefore, ANYONE

who plays a game with size/physicality is off of Timmins radar, and it's a HUGE fail that we havent gotten ONE big physical player who can skate since O'B and Komisarek... Even those guys were missing the edge needed to be a nasty player. They could hit well, but nastiness has been missing in Montreal for a LONG TIME... and from this message he gave Mr. Mcagg, TT and crew are more excited for Diaz than Emelin!

Emelin cements our LD crew until Tinordi will be ready to step in.

Boston shows us yet again, that we need to get more physical, just as Philly did the year before.
& thse guys are going to ignore the issue, and pick up good skaters, who are soft as creampuffs.

We have WAY too many guys who can play the entire game with eggs strapped to their shoulders, and at the end of the day, the eggs would still be intact.

Note to the staff of the habs: EMELIN is exciting!! I could care less about a 25 year old RHD who is 5'11 180 pds. who does NOT play physical whatsoever. Our guys have been knocked out twice in two years, by bigger more physical clubs, who rode our little guys in the boards, and intimidated them to the point where they underwhelm us with performance.
It is about time, that we at least START making it a hard time to walk in to Montreal to play the habs. Too many times last year, we looked like going for a sunday skate.

Emelin is a start to that. Diaz is not.
Don;'t read too much into what was said. Of course TT wants Emelin over here - he was one of his first picks in Mtl and a high one at that considering he's Russian...there's nothing TT would like more than Emelin making the commitment. But as I stated, Emelin has been in this situation before - he told Trevor and the organization a couple of years ago that he as coming over, but then changed his mind...so Trevor is not going to get his hopes too high. That's what you should read into it.

As for being worried about the Habs picking up a mobile defenceman because he's not huge...look at most team's defences - they don't all have four or five big bruisers for the most part...most successful teams have at least three mobile dmen - you HAVE to have good skating dmen to compete with the speed of the game since the lockout.

I was very impressed by Diaz at the Worlds, and am quite pleased we were able to add him to the fold. I think the team was fortunate to have had recent success with Swiss players...Diaz was sought after by several teams. I see absolutely no harm in picking up a solid pro player for nothing other than a small contract. who knows - he may even crack the lineup.

Grant McCagg is offline  
Old
05-17-2011, 10:54 AM
  #812
Marchy79
Registered User
 
Marchy79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Barrie
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,915
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Oh come on now. That's the most basic way of looking at things I think I've heard. Talent is what it is, talent. It can't be summed up just by making a fancy move or two.
Ok... So devils advocate here...
Niemi is more talented than Luongo because he can beat him in a 7 game playoff consistently?

Same could be said for
Saku Koivu in comparison to Jumbo Joe Thornton?

In MOST circumstances TALENT can be overcome by TEAMWORK.

Marchy79 is offline  
Old
05-17-2011, 10:58 AM
  #813
neofury*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, PQ
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost # 1 View Post
Ok... So devils advocate here...
Niemi is more talented than Luongo because he can beat him in a 7 game playoff consistently?

Same could be said for
Saku Koivu in comparison to Jumbo Joe Thornton?

In MOST circumstances TALENT can be overcome by TEAMWORK.
That's undeniable, but not only were they the more talented team they also worked better as a team. Being able to work well as a team is a talent in itself, it's called being a team player.

neofury* is offline  
Old
05-17-2011, 11:03 AM
  #814
PernellKarlSubban
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant McCagg View Post
As for being worried about the Habs picking up a mobile defenceman because he's not huge...look at most team's defences - they don't all have four or five big bruisers for the most part...most successful teams have at least three mobile dmen - you HAVE to have good skating dmen to compete with the speed of the game since the lockout.

I was very impressed by Diaz at the Worlds, and am quite pleased we were able to add him to the fold. I think the team was fortunate to have had recent success with Swiss players...Diaz was sought after by several teams. I see absolutely no harm in picking up a solid pro player for nothing other than a small contract. who knows - he may even crack the lineup.
Have to agree, you can NEVER have enough mobile, puckmoving defensemen in the new NHL. Is anyone really going to be upset if Diaz turns into Mark Streit at some stage? That's where he's headed according to lots of hockey minds, although it's still relatively early in his career.

That said, I am a proponent of signing Wiz - the injury risk is outweighed by how much he plays bigger than his size, coupled with his howitzer.

PernellKarlSubban is offline  
Old
05-17-2011, 11:04 AM
  #815
Grant McCagg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,454
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost # 1 View Post
OK so we just played BOTH Streit, and Weber on the O lines because of why then? Why is it those 2 guys instead of ANYONE else on the point? They are great offensive players, and I sincerely doubt that Martin takes anyone in his TOP 6 defensive lines to play in his top 12 forwards.

No I am tired of watching TT getting his rocks off on small undersized but speedy players. Esp. when we are filled to the brim with them. .
You apparently have little clue on how a hockey club is operated. Trevor scouted him once in February when he happened to be in Europe scouting draft prospects. He saw him once and offered his opinion. HE is NOT a pro scout, but his opinion is valued for all players.

Diaz's signing would ultimately be the responsibility of PG and his pro scouting staff, who have been watching him all year, including at the recent World championships. It would be folly to "blame" TT for the signing of Gomez, Klubertanz, Gionta, Cammy, Desharnais and the club's resultant lack of size....he had SFA to do with that.

Who pray tell...are all of the "shrimps" TT has drafted in the past few years? Are you seriously going to denigrate him for drafting Gallagher in the mid rounds? Could you seriously argue that he was a poor pick because, heaven forbid, the club right now has some small players? And then to "blame" TT for adding another small player in Diaz...you're not really putting a lot of thought into this are you?

TT's most important picks since taking over the head scouting job have been McDonagh, Patch, Price, Latendresse, Kristo, Tinordi, Kostitsyn, Fischer and Chipchura..... you consider them to be small do you?

I have no clue what you are trying to say tbh, certainly I can't agree with you.

Grant McCagg is offline  
Old
05-17-2011, 11:05 AM
  #816
KaTaKlIsM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 299
vCash: 500
I thought it was a thread on Emelin........

KaTaKlIsM is offline  
Old
05-17-2011, 11:07 AM
  #817
Marchy79
Registered User
 
Marchy79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Barrie
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,915
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
That's undeniable, but not only were they the more talented team they also worked better as a team. Being able to work well as a team is a talent in itself, it's called being a team player.
While I respectfully disagree...
You said it yourself, that you feel that Boston beat us by using BOTH talent AND Teamwork...

Well, from what I saw we fell a goal short in OVERTIME. I dont think it was a skewed to Boston's favour as you are making it out to be.

I believe it was teamwork. Their team unified under their Captain, while our team checked out the minute they noticed a 6'7 defenceman who has HISTORY of hurting us getting back in to the swing of things.

We wilted in the pressure. It was not talent that made that happen IMO it was Boston's banging physical play, just like Philly last year.

We can take out Washington, Pittsburgh but we wilt under HUGE teams.

Now, if you can tell me that we are more talented than BOTH Washington & Pittsburgh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant McCagg View Post
You apparently have little clue on how a hockey club is operated. Trevor scouted him once in February when he happened to be in Europe scouting draft prospects. He saw him once and offered his opinion. HE is NOT a pro scout, but his opinion is valued for all players.

Diaz's signing would ultimately be the responsibility of PG and his pro scouting staff, who have been watching him all year, including at the recent World championships. It would be folly to "blame" TT for the signing of Gomez, Klubertanz, Gionta, Cammy, Desharnais and the club's resultant lack of size....he had SFA to do with that.

Who pray tell...are all of the "shrimps" TT has drafted in the past few years? Are you seriously going to denigrate him for drafting Gallagher in the mid rounds? Could you seriously argue that he was a poor pick because, heaven forbid, the club right now has some small players? And then to "blame" TT for adding another small player in Diaz...you're not really putting a lot of thought into this are you?

TT's most important picks since taking over the head scouting job have been McDonagh, Patch, Price, Latendresse, Kristo, Tinordi, Kostitsyn, Fischer and Chipchura..... you consider them to be small do you?

I have no clue what you are trying to say tbh, certainly I can't agree with you.
I do have an idea as to how Hockey clubs are operated... The problem I have is that Montreal Canadiens are not being run like a hockey club, more like an episode of Superfriends.
I KNOW that this signing comes to us from the guy from the Ranger's organization we got last summer.
What I am saying about TT... is that he has the same motif all the time. Skating... Skating... Skating... If a prospect cant Skate... He see's little to no potential. If skating needs work, the habs stay as far away as possible. Problem is, that primarily is anyone with size.

Because I disagree with you, It certainly does not mean I have put 'little thought' in to it... I have supported this staff for a LONG time (read my post history) I am tired of the same result. We need change from top to Bottom. 12 years of incompetence is enough of a reason to do the changeover IMO.

I put blame on TT because he has history with this crew since their Ottawa days. It's not like he was 'inherited' he's part of the problem! Look at Ottawa when they built them too... Loads of talent... but they couldnt win against that Physical leaf team to save their lives.

But to assume I dont put thought in to this... is insulting, considering I have erased more posts in my time here, than I have posted. I dont understand how a BLOGGING site, where opinions ARE going to differ continually has people posting personal attack crap when opinions do differ.

It's kind of silly really. Attack my POV, not my character (or thought process) guys. I am not small minded, nor an idiot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaTaKlIsM View Post
I thought it was a thread on Emelin........
Oh it definately is... It's about Emelin, and how the Habs dont have him signed, and yet are still going after small soft offensive players instead of signing guys like Emelin, when they DONT have Emelin locked up.

Marchy79 is offline  
Old
05-17-2011, 11:27 AM
  #818
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk
 
Quarantesix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Montréal
Posts: 4,502
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost # 1 View Post
Oh it definately is... It's about Emelin, and how the Habs dont have him signed, and yet are still going after small soft offensive players instead of signing guys like Emelin, when they DONT have Emelin locked up.
calm down Gauthier will meet Meehan this week. He need to talk about Markov,Emelin and Kostitsyn.We will have news soon

just read that Gauthier will meet Meehan today so if Emelin injury is not serious like MAG said he should be sign this week.

and I hope he will write his name Emelin not Yemelin. Emelin is more bad ass


Last edited by Quarantesix: 05-17-2011 at 11:38 AM.
Quarantesix is offline  
Old
05-17-2011, 11:38 AM
  #819
Protest the Hero
Registered User
 
Protest the Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,383
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost # 1 View Post
They lost their hunger because Boston kept on filling their faces with some ugly Beantown crap! It was intimidation. Pure intimidation.
Give me a break, these are grown men, they're not high school nerds hiding from the school bully here.

Protest the Hero is offline  
Old
05-17-2011, 11:41 AM
  #820
Marchy79
Registered User
 
Marchy79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Barrie
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,915
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarantesix View Post
calm down Gauthier will meet Meehan this week. He need to talk about Markov,Emelin and Kostitsyn.We will have news soon
I AM completely calm my friend

I know Gauts will talk to Meehan this week about Emelin...
I haven't been worried about it at all.. What does get me worried though, is that while we havent even sat down with what we need for this club to improve (at least on some aspect). We waste contracts, signing duplicates of players we have a lot of. We already are near the contract total (something like 45 contracts when the RFA's are taken care of). We are continually not addressing needs.
Same/Similar needs have been around forever, and it seems to me, that this organization does not even regard this as an issue.

I am not saying they have to change it all overnight... But it's turning in to a cram session when the same management has been in control for 12 years.

Marchy79 is offline  
Old
05-17-2011, 11:42 AM
  #821
PyrettaBlaze
Registered User
 
PyrettaBlaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,885
vCash: 500
This thread has gone WAY off-topic. We already have threads discussing off-season acquisitions and Raphael Diaz but you guys somehow fail to realize that even after 3 warnings from overlords. Closed.

__________________
...Unemployed Black Astronaut...
PyrettaBlaze is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:31 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.