HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Canadian Junior Hockey Devoted to the CHL (OHL, QMJHL, WHL), CJAHL, and its leagues

10-11 Central Hockey League season

Closed Thread

Old
05-12-2011, 10:08 AM
voiceofytown

vCash: 500
Heard Alex Powell will be returning back to the Maritimes to play hockey in the MHL

Old
05-12-2011, 01:07 PM
ottawafan66

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk View Post
I can't see Martin Dagenais walking away from the CCHL...he must have something lined up and will re-surface somewhere. I have heard that Grady is the SF owner's choice and will be named as the new coach. The head job in Gloucester is still up in the air...last years Asst Sylvain Favreau seems to be the logical choice as very few (if any) Head Coaches will "share" a bench with the owner! Whoever gets the Rangers job better have some good recruiting skills and a solid base of contacts!

Does anyone know of any off season deals/trades that have been made?
Just noticed that he's listed as an assistant with the Junior Sens.

Old
05-14-2011, 06:20 PM
Me Me

Why Pembroke?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me Me View Post
Last Five Years in CJHL - Records for Regular Season and Playoffs
Pembroke - 232 wins 66 defeats (playoffs - 60 wins vs 15 defeats)
Brockville - 198 wins and 100 defeats (playoffs - 28 wins and 25 defeats)
Cornwall - 165 wins and 133 defeats (playoffs 18 wins and 19 defeats)
Nepean - 160 wins and 138 defeats (playoffs - 27 wins and 23 defeats)

Best indicator of future performance is past performance.

2011-2012 Pembroke wins a 6th straight league title.
Another Reason why your son should play at Pembroke.
In 2011/12 Pembroke will have 15 Players playing Division I NCAA Hockey with two players weighing offers which would increase the number to 17.
Brockville will have 10 players playing Division I NCAA Hockey in 2011/12.
Smith Falls will have 7 players.
Cornwall will have 6 players.
Kanata will have 3 players.
Nepean will have 3 players.
Ottawa, Kemptville and Carlton Place will have 1 player each.
Pembroke Players:
Maurice Alvarez- Army Mike Santee - Army
Andy Starczewski - Army Chris Bodo - Mercyhurst
Matthew Zay - Mercyhurst Matthew Peca - Quinnipiac
Kyle Just - Mercyhurst Tyler Tosunian - Bemidji State
Ben Reinhardt - Alabama-Huntsville
Ted Pletchs - Bowling Green Scott Zacharias - Bowling Green
Eric Levine - Robert Morris Adam Brace - Robert Morris
Damion Cross - Providence Brandon Richardson - Nebraska
Jonathan Milley - weighing offers from Division I schools
Stefan Salituro - weighing offers from Division I schools

Old
05-14-2011, 06:30 PM
Me Me

Why Pembroke?

Quote:
In 2011/12 Pembroke will have 15 Players playing Division I NCAA Hockey with two players weighing offers which would increase the number to 17.
Pembroke Players:
Why should your son play at Pembroke?
Head Coach - NHL experience and outstanding coach.
Assistant Coaches - Outstanding.
Coaching staff is stable, organized, dedicated professionals.

Volunteer Staff - Outstanding

Fan Support - the best in Ontario and possibly all of Canada.

Billet System - excellent system with families that truly care about the players. Pembroke Players are part of their extended family.

Management Staff - dedicated, hard working and very professional.

Old
05-14-2011, 09:11 PM
everett331

Quote:
Pembroke Players:
I would love to see Milley back for one more season, a true team player. From what I heard sk has already sign previously another player from California for this upcomming year.

Old
05-15-2011, 11:32 AM
Me Me

137 Teams in Canada - why Pembroke?

Quote:
Originally Posted by everett331 View Post
I would love to see Milley back for one more season, a true team player. From what I heard sk has already sign previously another player from California for this upcomming year.
There are 137 teams in Canada for players to try-out for. 18 teams in the last 5 years have made the RBC Cup either by winning their play-offs or hosting the RBC Tournament.

Teams that have made it:
Vernon - 3 times (won RBC 2 times)
Camrose - 3 times
Pembroke - 2 Times (Won RBC 1 time)
Oakville - 2 times
Humboldt- 2 times (Won RBC 1 Time)
Aurora - 1 time (Won RBC 1 Time)

The next 12 teams have made RBC 1 time in the last 5 years and did not win RBC:
Brockville, Cornwall, Kingston, Summerside, Prince George, Selkirk, La Ronge, Victoria, Wellington, Pictou, Portgage, Dauphin

I guess if you are going to play in the CJHL - it is Pembroke.
Let's be realistic. No one is going to challenge Pembroke next year. This dynasty will not end anytime soon, especially with all the coaching changes. In the future Carlton Place will be the team to make a run. That coach knows how to build and run a solid Junior A program. He just needs a couple more years.

Old
05-15-2011, 02:07 PM
Me Me

Coach of the Year-?

Quote:
There are 137 teams in Canada for players to try-out for. 18 teams in the last 5 years have made the RBC Cup either by winning their play-offs or hosting the RBC Tournament.

Teams that have made it:
Vernon - 3 times (won RBC 2 times)
Camrose - 3 times
Pembroke - 2 Times (Won RBC 1 time)
Oakville - 2 times
Humboldt- 2 times (Won RBC 1 Time)
Aurora - 1 time (Won RBC 1 Time)

The next 12 teams have made RBC 1 time in the last 5 years and did not win RBC:
Brockville, Cornwall, Kingston, Summerside, Prince George, Selkirk, La Ronge, Victoria, Wellington, Pictou, Portgage, Dauphin

I guess if you are going to play in the CJHL - it is Pembroke.
Let's be realistic. No one is going to challenge Pembroke next year. This dynasty will not end anytime soon, especially with all the coaching changes. In the future Carlton Place will be the team to make a run. That coach knows how to build and run a solid Junior A program. He just needs a couple more years.
What is the criteria for winning Coach of the Year Award in the Canadian Junior Hockey League?
Obviously it is not winning the league title and advancing to the Fred Page Cup. Sheldon Keefe has won all five years that he has coached at Pembroke. It is probably a good thing he has not won Coach of the Year Award since whoever wins ends up leaving.
Next year - Pembroke will win the league title but the Coach of the Year Award will go to a team that has improved over the prior year but get knocked out of the play-offs in the 1st round.

Old
05-15-2011, 02:16 PM
Me Me

Fred PAge Cup - Host

Quote:
What is the criteria for winning Coach of the Year Award in the Canadian Junior Hockey League?
Obviously it is not winning the league title and advancing to the Fred Page Cup. Sheldon Keefe has won all five years that he has coached at Pembroke. It is probably a good thing he has not won Coach of the Year Award since whoever wins ends up leaving.
Next year - Pembroke will win the league title but the Coach of the Year Award will go to a team that has improved over the prior year but get knocked out of the play-offs in the 1st round.
Interesting that Kanata was awarded the Fred Page Cup over Pembroke. This shows the lack of intelligence on the part of the owners and coaches. Outside of Cornwall, Carlton Place and Nepean who all probably voted for Pembroke to be the host. Here is why the coaches should have voted for Pembroke.

Pembroke win the play-offs and qualify for Fred Page Cup. Since Kanata is the host they will also play in the Fred Page Cup. Had Pembroke been the host then the runner up to the league title would be in the Fred Page Cup. This is one of the reasons why Carlton Place, Nepean, and Cornwall wanted Pembroke to be the host. Watch Brockville finished in 2nd place or another team outside of Cornwall, Nepean, and Carleton Place. Brockville very well may have voted themselves out of the Fred Page Cup by having Kanata host.

Of course had Pembroke been the host all the games would have drawn over a 1,000 fans. At Kanata you will probably draw a couple hundred.

Old
05-15-2011, 02:18 PM
Ottawa Guy

OK "MeMe" we all know you think Pembroke is wonderful. I also agree they are a well coached and well managed team. SK has done a great job and has shown that he can both recruit & coach very well. He also has the huge advantage of what is most likely the biggest budget in the league.
This forum is not called "Pembroke Lumberkings Fan Forum" it is the "10-11 CHL Season" so lets move on and see what else is going on.
This is a big week for the league, Prospects Camp this weekend, Bantam Protects to be announced soon, Draft taking place Wednesday and lots of trades (several already done and rumours of several more to happen).

Old
05-15-2011, 02:48 PM
Me Me

I will move on - but one more point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawa Guy View Post
OK "MeMe" we all know you think Pembroke is wonderful. I also agree they are a well coached and well managed team. SK has done a great job and has shown that he can both recruit & coach very well. He also has the huge advantage of what is most likely the biggest budget in the league.
This forum is not called "Pembroke Lumberkings Fan Forum" it is the "10-11 CHL Season" so lets move on and see what else is going on.
This is a big week for the league, Prospects Camp this weekend, Bantam Protects to be announced soon, Draft taking place Wednesday and lots of trades (several already done and rumours of several more to happen).
I will move on and let everyone else discuss the rest of the CJHL. You are right about that. This should not be about Pembroke. But the reason why Sheldon has the biggest budget is because he has developed an outstanding business plan. He invest his own money and recruits players outside of Canada and his area. Then they win and this draws fans. Fans pay money. Get the picture. He builds a support network by recognizing his volunteers. Sheldon promotes his program.

Old
05-15-2011, 03:40 PM
everett331

Quote:
From my observation its team like Pembroke, Cornwall and Brockville that keeps this league running as the other teams are in a tier below.

Old
05-15-2011, 04:11 PM
Ottawa Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by everett331 View Post
From my observation its team like Pembroke, Cornwall and Brockville that keeps this league running as the other teams are in a tier below.
I agree that currently these three franchises are all very well run. I also believe that they also benefit significantly from not being within the City of Ottawa, in fact all are an hour or more away from the centre of Ottawa. This gives them several advantages that Ottawa based teams can not match such as favourable rink deals (some including advertising rights, special dressing rooms and concession rights) which Ottawa teams would never be able to get. I also believe that there are three other teams (CP, Hawkesbury & Kemptville) who may eventually (hawkesbury has done it in the past) level of financial success. I am not saying this to diminish the success of PK, CW or BVILLE since they are all well managed and have found a way to utilize the advantages they have in their market, not everyone would do that.

I am not sure that an Ottawa based team would ever be able to achieve their on or off ice success over a sustained period, unless someone is willing to lose a lot of $$. having extensive scouting staffs, billeting large #'s of players and offering players all the amenities costs a lot of money.

Old
05-15-2011, 06:25 PM
everett331

Quote:
I agree that currently these three franchises are all very well run. I also believe that they also benefit significantly from not being within the City of Ottawa, in fact all are an hour or more away from the centre of Ottawa. This gives them several advantages that Ottawa based teams can not match such as favourable rink deals (some including advertising rights, special dressing rooms and concession rights) which Ottawa teams would never be able to get. I also believe that there are three other teams (CP, Hawkesbury & Kemptville) who may eventually (hawkesbury has done it in the past) level of financial success. I am not saying this to diminish the success of PK, CW or BVILLE since they are all well managed and have found a way to utilize the advantages they have in their market, not everyone would do that.

I am not sure that an Ottawa based team would ever be able to achieve their on or off ice success over a sustained period, unless someone is willing to lose a lot of $$. having extensive scouting staffs, billeting large #'s of players and offering players all the amenities costs a lot of money.
I think done correctly they could do well, if you look when the Sens moved into Ottawa the 67's still draw well base on marketing correctly and having a good fan base. I often hear comments from people who watched ahl and ohl games who where surprised from the level of hockey and with smaller ice, it makes the game much faster than the higher levels.

Old
05-15-2011, 11:36 PM
chlfan99

with all this recruiting talk about pembroke... no one has talked about maybe the most intresting dilema on sk s hands... what will he do with his goalies, i do not see both of them coming back together as they are both good starting goalies, does he trade the guy who brought him a national championship and good be a leader in the room having played 4 years already, or does he trade philips, the younger but very capable goalie who still potentialy has 3 years left... or does he keep both and attemp to keep them happy. its gonna be intresting to see.

Old
05-16-2011, 07:55 PM
everett331

Quote:
Originally Posted by chlfan99 View Post
with all this recruiting talk about pembroke... no one has talked about maybe the most intresting dilema on sk s hands... what will he do with his goalies, i do not see both of them coming back together as they are both good starting goalies, does he trade the guy who brought him a national championship and good be a leader in the room having played 4 years already, or does he trade philips, the younger but very capable goalie who still potentialy has 3 years left... or does he keep both and attemp to keep them happy. its gonna be intresting to see.
I was a Philips fan throughtout the year and was a disappointed when he was sent to be a back-up as I felt he deserved the chance, but who can argue with the job Dupuis did in the finals, it was truely a great effort. My opoining is that regardless of the goalie as long as they placed the proper team in front it truley doesn't matter. It reminds me of the Red Wings teams who simply control the game and as long as the goalie can make the save when it count they stand a good chance of winning and looking good, with the stlye they play. I think they should keep Philips and trade Dupuis and if need be bring another goalie in at the deadline.

Last edited by everett331: 05-16-2011 at 10:21 PM.
Old
05-17-2011, 01:56 PM
northstarsforever

Does anyone know if the Memorial Cup will be on NHL Network this year in the US like in the past? Their listings are a little confusing. http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=58058 They have game 2 and 3 on but not game 1 and it doesn't show up in my TV guide

Old
06-09-2011, 08:13 PM
everett331

Quote:
Originally Posted by northstarsforever View Post
Does anyone know if the Memorial Cup will be on NHL Network this year in the US like in the past? Their listings are a little confusing. http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=58058 They have game 2 and 3 on but not game 1 and it doesn't show up in my TV guide
It would be nice to have everyone over at the new http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?p...3#post32987383

Old
08-14-2011, 12:38 AM
sharksfan39

Quote:
Pembroke Players:

Isn't Kyle Just having some legal troubles? Why would they take a player like that back. Really sketchy move. Didn't they also employ David Frost? I mean sure they win, but is it really a healthy environment?

Old
08-14-2011, 09:14 AM
clear the track

Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharksfan39 View Post
Isn't Kyle Just having some legal troubles? Why would they take a player like that back. Really sketchy move. Didn't they also employ David Frost? I mean sure they win, but is it really a healthy environment?
Saliturto is not weighing offers. He was at Robert Morris 2009 2010 before returning to play for the Kings. He was booted from team for conduct unbecoming. I beleive a DUI. He has committed to UNB for the 2011 12 season.

Milley is no longer weighing offers either. He has committed to play for Penn State in the 2012 13 season.

Kyle Just was released from Merceryhurst on an alledged **** charge. I emphasize alledged. The grey areas in such a charge are huge. Unless he is convicted in a court of law I do not beleive he should be ostracized by the CJHL.

Closed Thread