HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Mdz

Old
05-17-2011, 03:14 PM
Staals Eye
once TortsKindaGuy

vCash: 1187
Mdz

Mdz is on xm home ice right now

Staals Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2011, 03:16 PM
Megustaelhockey
Global Moderator
Hybrid icing

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torts Kinda Guy View Post
Mdz is on xm home ice right now
Doing a solo version of the Power Rangers theme song?

Megustaelhockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2011, 03:48 PM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

http://www.xmhomeice.com/onair_audio...el%20Zotto.mp3

Consistency and attention to detail are the two things Torts wants MDZ to improve on.

He said this a big offseason for him.

Has a cast on his broken finger and is recovering from his hernia surgery.

Won't drive in NYC. Smart boy.

Boogaard memories.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2011, 03:53 PM
Staals Eye
once TortsKindaGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post

Consistency and attention to detail are the two things Torts wants MDZ to improve on.

Boogaard memories.
Thanks for posting the soundbite Rangerboy. Saves me from having to recap the interview from my phone, while sitting in traffic.

Old
05-17-2011, 03:54 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post

Boogaard memories.
To me that's his biggest problem. He gets caught watching and trying to anticipate too much while thinking he's covering himself when he's really not. Just play your position, let the play come to you Mikey

If we somehow get one or two puck carriers and more creativity his shortcomings won't standout like they did this past season.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2011, 03:58 PM
Staals Eye
once TortsKindaGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
To me that's his biggest problem. He gets caught watching and trying to anticipate too much while thinking he's covering himself when he's really not. Just play your position, let the play come to you Mikey

If we somehow get one or two puck carriers and more creativity his shortcomings won't standout like they did this past season.
He said that that's what they have been telling him in the Whalepack. They told him he can't make a highlight reel play every shift, and to just play smart.\

By the way, he is guest hosting the show. So he will be on for a while.

Old
05-17-2011, 03:58 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:

They need to pair him with someone who can help him recover on all but the worst **** ups.

BlueshirtBlitz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2011, 05:11 PM
JeffMangum
A Love Supreme

vCash: 300
Quote:

Yep.

He over thinks the play. And when he runs out of time to scan it, it turns into a defensive mishap. This is something that is common in younger players; it's why I'm not too worried about his down year. Things like this develop in players as they mature and gain more experience.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2011, 05:39 PM
beastly115

I'm expecting a good season from MDZ next year. We desperately need a puck mover and it'd be a shame if he can't stick. We need him to.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2011, 05:47 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torts Kinda Guy View Post
He said that that's what they have been telling him in the Whalepack. They told him he can't make a highlight reel play every shift, and to just play smart.\
Exactly...you could see he was always looking for the home run...but all too often he tried so hard that he was forcing it and the other team was sitting back expecting the 50 foot pass. Hopefully he'll figure it out.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2011, 08:02 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:

Definitely not a bad problem to have as young player. Del Zotto's first 20 or so games as an NHL rookie he was very solid defensively, because he didn't over think it and then got the job done on the power play.

ColonialsHockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2011, 10:33 PM
hockeyman001

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
Definitely not a bad problem to have as young player. Del Zotto's first 20 or so games as an NHL rookie he was very solid defensively, because he didn't over think it and then got the job done on the power play.
Agreed. One skill I think he does need to work on though is his puck control. To QB a PP you have to be better at it. He still takes too long to handle a pass before moving the puck. Costs valuable time when trying to find a seam on the PP and you either wind up forcing it or doing like the McCabe's...settling the puck down and passing it back to the person who passed it to you in the first place.

He also needs to shoot more, but smartly. Less wrist shots from the point and more good one timers (particuarly on the PP). Plus go back to joining the rush more like he did his rookie year. He can work on his defense without becoming a positional defenseman...if he does that, he loses his value. A lot of very good offensive defensemen never score higher than "competent" in the defensive aspects of the game and that's fine...if his offense makes up for it.

In other words I'd rather he play like Mike Green (2009-10 Mike Green) than Mike Mottau.

hockeyman001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2011, 10:36 PM
Machinehead
Brauch und Stolz

That mother ****er. I hope he gets gored by a bull.

...sorry I hear "Mdz" and I just lose it

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote