HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers May Bring Back Immonen (Schoenfeld: No interest)

Old
05-17-2011, 12:57 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

vCash: 500
Immonen? Really?

All you guys need to hear is "player x strung together a few good games" and he's the new fetish of the week.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2011, 02:15 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM PUNK View Post
yeah that was my point...in total agreement with you
yea I want Immonen as a potential 4th line C and slide Boyle to LW giving Grachev and Hagelin time in Ct to keep developing. Back up to Richards is ridiculous

Would be good with this: Mix up lines as you like

Wolski, Richards, Gaborik
Dubinsky, Anisimov, Callahan
Boyle, Stepan, Prust
Avery, Immonen, Zuccarello
Gilroy( spare D and learns to play wing here and there. Matt Dandenault type) Main thing is spare, lol

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2011, 02:32 PM
free0717

no way am I paying him what Kazan pays him( 2M per year). If he wants another crack @ the NHL, he gets a two way deal. I would give him an out if he did not make the team. Like I posted earlier, if another team likes him, I would trade his rights for a 6th or 7th rd pick in this draft.

free0717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2011, 03:10 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

What this thread needs is a little JO41 trading Immonen's rights on draft day.

jas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2011, 03:24 PM
94now

At this point Rangers should look at almost anybody. As I am convinced Richards aint coming here. If farm not getting as NHL ready forwards, we are stuck with last year team, unless we trade our core away. Torts will demand top 6 talent from Slats. Immonen is the best player on the best team among second best players in the world. That could make him an option. There are better ones, though, no questions, but they do not have problem to get in NHL.. We may cash out on it.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2011, 04:12 PM
HAPPY HOUR

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
What this thread needs is a little JO41 trading Immonen's rights on draft day.
hehehehe..

HAPPY HOUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2011, 04:16 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

Doesn't Immonen have a year left on his entry level contract?

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2011, 04:23 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

hey cool. i brought this up in the WHC GDT a while back. i wasn't sure if we still had his rights. I'd love to bring him back over. If anything, I think he's a tradeable asset. I could definitely see him doing well with a team like the Islanders or Thrashers who have some questionable bottom 6 players. Much like how Parenteau could do so well with the Isles. On our team, given consistent ice time, I could see him pitch in 30 points. He could definitely get Brian Boyle numbers (35 pts) with Brian Boyle minutes (15+ ATOI) IMO. He has enough skill for that. He never did get a fair chance his first time around. Does he have any other strengths? That's probably the biggest thing. Torts will not have patience for a one dimensional player. Besides playing in the best league, simply having the option to play in the NHL gives your KHL salary demands a whole lot more weight and pull. Don't know what he gets paid now but if there is a NHL contract in play, I would imagine the Russians would ante up.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2011, 04:59 PM
Ola

Immonen could do okey, but he do not have much potential and I certainly have a hard time seeing him on a contender. Or a team being a contender with him on it...

I am sure he is signed in the KHL or something, but if he could be had -- would Jan Marek have to sign a ELC? Or could we pay more for him?

Ola is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2011, 05:16 PM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
Immonen? Really?

All you guys need to hear is "player x strung together a few good games" and he's the new fetish of the week.
anyone paying attention knows Immonen has been a PPG player in the elite league in the two seasons since he left the Rangers/Wolf-Pack and then went to the KHL and put up respectable numbers in 2 years as well, 38 points in ~55 games

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2011, 05:19 PM
RegalRangers

vCash: 783
I would love for Immonen to be at training camp. I was pretty pissed when we messed things up with him the first time. I still love watching him play and I think he's got something that the Rangers need more of: Hockey IQ. That's my plan for the Rangers this offseason- I want to raise the average hockey IQ of this team. I'm glad we're all heart and effort but let's see some damn creativity and smart puck movement next year.

If we can get him in camp competing for a spot that would be terrific.

RegalRangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2011, 05:19 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Immonen could do okey, but he do not have much potential and I certainly have a hard time seeing him on a contender. Or a team being a contender with him on it...

I am sure he is signed in the KHL or something, but if he could be had -- would Jan Marek have to sign a ELC? Or could we pay more for him?
we traded his rights to LA for Avery

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2011, 05:27 PM
RegalRangers

vCash: 783
Quote:
Immonen? Really?

I think this one's different because we already own his rights. It's just good asset management to try and get him over here and evaluate him.

RegalRangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2011, 05:44 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegalRangers View Post
I would love for Immonen to be at training camp. I was pretty pissed when we messed things up with him the first time. I still love watching him play and I think he's got something that the Rangers need more of: Hockey IQ. That's my plan for the Rangers this offseason- I want to raise the average hockey IQ of this team. I'm glad we're all heart and effort but let's see some damn creativity and smart puck movement next year.

If we can get him in camp competing for a spot that would be terrific.
cant be stupider than EC with the puck. a EC replacement

Punxrocknyc19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2011, 05:54 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

I'm not sure I understand the idea that the Rangers messed up on Immonen mantra. He was beaten out by Dubinsky in the 2008-9 camp for the 3rd line center spot. The other three centers were Gomez, Drury and Betts...one spot available, and Dubinsky won the job. If Immonen held the value people are ascribing to him, you would think at least one NHL would have dealt for his rights.

jas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2011, 05:57 PM
Vitto79

This also reminds me how bad the Leetch deal ended up

I may be wrong but Immonen in the deal and Rangers still have rights but he's in the KHL now, Kondratiev was dealt for a rental Sykora, Was the 1st Korpikoski who was dealt for Lisin who is also in the KHL?

Old
05-17-2011, 06:03 PM
Olympic nut

Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
Quote:
Immonen? Really?

That was what I thought when I first read the thread title, but this actually comes from a question thrown at Schoney, who affirmed that he's on the Rangers' radar, which is basically what's being discussed.

As for Jarkko himself -- his problem in the NHL was that he was simply unspectacular in any one aspect of the game. He's not a liability and he has an accurate shot and good vision. You saw in the WC how he is capable of playing, but I don't think he'd offer much new if he came back to the NHL.

They have different styles, but just for the sake of argument, I think Immonen's a slightly better player at this point than MZA (though I like MZA's potential and am not advocating cutting him loose by any stretch).

007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2011, 06:07 PM
RiffyNYR61

im pretty sure the 2nd round pick we got in the leech deal became michael sauer!

RiffyNYR61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2011, 06:12 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiffyNYR61 View Post
im pretty sure the 2nd round pick we got in the leech deal became michael sauer!
correct sir

if they kept Korpedo then the deal would be ok. Sauer is a rock

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Leetch

Old
05-17-2011, 06:15 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
correct sir

if they kept Korpedo then the deal would be ok. Sauer is a rock

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Leetch
well it took Sauer 5 years to make the NHL from his draft year. i wonder why Sather wasnt patient like that with korpikoski or the other players that were traded too quick at least Sather realized Jessiman stunk.

Old
05-17-2011, 07:07 PM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
well it took Sauer 5 years to make the NHL from his draft year. i wonder why Sather wasnt patient like that with korpikoski or the other players that were traded too quick at least Sather realized Jessiman stunk.
Immonen choose not to wait 5 years, not that Rangers forced him out or something... He made more money that way for now, but Sauer will bypass him soon. I think immonen can get more than 2 million in NHL, but not by much. Plus, he would need to agree to pay cut to begin. Rangers could use that phase of Immonen's comeback, should he ever try his fortune here.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2011, 07:27 PM
shoothepuck

[QUOTE=jas;33089451]What this thread needs is a little JO41 trading Immonen's rights on draft day.[/QU Sometimes the Jortmeisters pearls of wisdom are missed..

shoothepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2011, 07:41 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Immonen in Christensen out i can live with that

Old
05-17-2011, 09:17 PM
walle

not gonna happen

walle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2011, 10:33 PM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
This also reminds me how bad the Leetch deal ended up

I may be wrong but Immonen in the deal and Rangers still have rights but he's in the KHL now, Kondratiev was dealt for a rental Sykora, Was the 1st Korpikoski who was dealt for Lisin who is also in the KHL?
I'm 99 percent sure Michael Sauer was picked using a pick we got from that deal.

While there was an emotional connection, it's not like Leetch did much after we dealt him either. We got a pretty good deal, not much actually panned out.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote