HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Question about tickets

Closed Thread

Old
08-15-2005, 09:42 AM
mooseisloose

vCash: 500
Question about tickets

Hi,I'm from Pittsburgh and thinking about visiting LA/Anaheim to watch the game in late March to early April. But I'm not sure if I coudl make it yet, so I don't want to buy tickets yet. But I'm afraid that tickets will be gone if I waited till it get closer.
Does tickets sell really good in LA? Do you think a lot of games will be sold out?
I wonder if I should just buy tickets whenever it go on sale, or I should wait till my plan is set. It's just too far ahead to make plan yet, but I'm afraid that I won't be able to get tickets.

Old
08-15-2005, 10:35 AM
Old Hickory

vCash:
Tickets will likely sell out for the game at Staples. I would try to get them ahead of time.

Old
08-15-2005, 10:38 AM
Maynard

Send a message via AIM to Maynard
What game? I thought LA and Pittsburgh didn't play this year.If you're just talking about any random game you should be able to get tickets. Don't wait too long though or you'll end up in the nosebleeds.

Old
08-15-2005, 10:40 AM
Section323

The games in question DO sell out @ Staples, however there are usually a few seats available until the week or possibly even the day of the game...hard to gauge what will happen this year but I'd count on this pattern being repeated.

One thing to keep in mind-the closer it gets to the week of a particular game, the higher the likelihood that the remaining seats will be either in the $87.50 or $115.50 sections, or in the upper reaches of the upper concourse...

Old
08-15-2005, 12:27 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
You should just wander the friendly streets around Staples and look for scalpers.

Old
08-15-2005, 12:32 PM
mooseisloose

Thank you guys for your info. The game I want to go is on April 1st against Dallas.
My favorite player signed with Dallas, he is an ex-penguins goalie, and he will be a back up goalie for Dallas this coming season. I would like to watch him play, but since he is a back up, I don't know when he will play. And I thought there is high chance of seeing him play when they play back-to-back games. And there is back-to-back Dallas games at Anaheim on March 31st and at LA on April 1st. That's why I'm thinking about this trip. I could go to other cities, but I rather visit LA b/c I can do some sight seeing while I'm there!

But since it's too far ahead, who knows what happens to my favorite goalie, he could be traded, or something, then it would be mean if I already had tickets.
But then if I decided to go later, and if I couldn't get tickets, then it's not good either.So...I'm not sure if I should wait or not....
Do you know when the individual tickets go on sale??

Old
08-15-2005, 12:34 PM
Old Hickory

vCash:
Individual tickets go on sale 9/17

the earlier you buy, the better tickets you get

Old
08-15-2005, 12:39 PM
Maynard

Send a message via AIM to Maynard
It's also worth noting that Turco is quite the workhorse and does play both back to back games sometimes if I'm not mistaken. Just sayin'.

Old
08-16-2005, 07:06 AM
PRMan

Last year, teams always played the backup goalie against us in back-to-backs. But by then, that may change this year.

Old
08-16-2005, 01:12 PM
Mxpunk

You can always check on Ebay a month before the game too....There are always tickets available that way...Season ticket holders usually sell their seats for games they cannot go to, and they are usually pretty good seats....

Old
08-16-2005, 03:54 PM
PRMan

And stubhub.com advertises as a place to buy/sell/trade tickets. They often have a good selection.

Old
08-17-2005, 09:25 PM
mooseisloose

Thank you guys for your info. I guess I will wait and see what I'm gonna do. It would be fun to just visit LA,though.

Old
08-17-2005, 10:16 PM
Matt13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseisloose
Hi,I'm from Pittsburgh and thinking about visiting LA/Anaheim to watch the game in late March to early April. But I'm not sure if I coudl make it yet, so I don't want to buy tickets yet. But I'm afraid that tickets will be gone if I waited till it get closer.
Does tickets sell really good in LA? Do you think a lot of games will be sold out?
I wonder if I should just buy tickets whenever it go on sale, or I should wait till my plan is set. It's just too far ahead to make plan yet, but I'm afraid that I won't be able to get tickets.

Buy tickets you want.

Dallas will be a popular game. Worst case scenario, you can sell them on ebay.

Closed Thread