Notices

Make a Last Stand

Old
05-18-2011, 12:53 AM
DungeonK
Love Thy Neighbor

vCash: 500
Make a Last Stand

Jay Clemons (jclemons@reignsports.com), JB Smith's media rep, is encouraging as many people to come to out this Saturday (May 21st) to the annual Thrashers Select-A-Seat event at Philips Arena at 2:30.

If we as a city can pack Philips for this event then we can show ASG that the team may be profitable (or at least not a complete dog) and maybe convince them to hang onto the team for another season long enough for their exclusive negotiating window for the Hawks/Philips to close and allow them to sell all 3 to JB Smith.

On the flip side, maybe it will encourage JB Smith to buy the Thrashers now, even at an unfavorable rate, in order to keep them in the city long enough for him to acquire all 3 properties.

Guys, there is no reason for us to go down without a fight. Every person I've spoken to in the city wants to keep the Thrashers in town and now it's time to show what we've got. Bring as many people as you can, fill the arena and flood out into the streets!

Let's make one last exclamation point before judgment hour, whether we get to keep our team or not there should be NO question that they were loved, and this is our best/last/only chance.

Ladies and Gentlemen,
PACK THE BULB!

RSVP at this page before going:

http://thrashers.nhl.com/club/page.h...id=DL|ATL|home

Last edited by DungeonK: 05-18-2011 at 04:21 PM. Reason: Added RSVP
DungeonK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2011, 01:30 AM
DungeonK
Love Thy Neighbor

This event is completely free by the way- if asked just let them know that you are a potential partial season ticket plan buyer and want to see what seats are available.

DungeonK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2011, 05:01 AM
Freibahlen

Absolutely! I can't even begin being able to imagine affording season tickets this season but for those who can, PLEASE, do not hesitate.

Tweet from Jay Clemons

"SI_JayClemons Jay Clemons
It'd also be a chance for the season-ticket holders -- past, present, future -- to hobnob with perhaps the #Thrashers' next owner "

Freibahlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2011, 05:24 AM
headsigh
leave at once!

Bringing everyone I can.

headsigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2011, 05:42 AM
Sunshine36616

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryMClark View Post
Absolutely! I can't even begin being able to imagine affording season tickets this season but for those who can, PLEASE, do not hesitate.

Tweet from Jay Clemons

"SI_JayClemons Jay Clemons
It'd also be a chance for the season-ticket holders -- past, present, future -- to hobnob with perhaps the #Thrashers' next owner "
Doesn't really matter, come any way. Tell them you are curious about partial plans. Ask them about payments. I'm pretty sure they will be desperate to work with you. My season ticket is like $500 and I've been paying on it since March.

Sunshine36616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2011, 05:54 AM
Freibahlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine36616 View Post
Doesn't really matter, come any way. Tell them you are curious about partial plans. Ask them about payments. I'm pretty sure they will be desperate to work with you. My season ticket is like $500 and I've been paying on it since March.
Time?

I am going to be at another event Saturday in Centennial.

Freibahlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2011, 06:47 AM
nhlfan79

No offense to anyone here, but don't waste your time. From everything I've read, this guy seems like a classic publicity wh-re.

There is nothing any one of us can do at this point but watch the inevitable happen. Yesterday's revelation that the Hawks and arena already are subject to an exclusive negotiating period with someone other than Smith (how the AJC failed to discover this a long time ago is beyond me) means that Smith's interest is all bluster. Don't feed the troll. He's fat enough as it is.

Just calling it like I see it. (And yes, I'm still being charged for next season's tickets as I type this).

nhlfan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2011, 07:15 AM
KevFist
is best pony

But what could it hurt?

KevFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2011, 07:28 AM
HeyYouGuys

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhlfan79 View Post
No offense to anyone here, but don't waste your time. From everything I've read, this guy seems like a classic publicity wh-re.

There is nothing any one of us can do at this point but watch the inevitable happen. Yesterday's revelation that the Hawks and arena already are subject to an exclusive negotiating period with someone other than Smith (how the AJC failed to discover this a long time ago is beyond me) means that Smith's interest is all bluster. Don't feed the troll. He's fat enough as it is.

Just calling it like I see it. (And yes, I'm still being charged for next season's tickets as I type this).
I agree 100%. I was really hoping this "balkan" would actually be for real. I've already been charged for my tickets as well, and I'm staying hopeful that the other group who submitted terms for the Thrashers is not JB Smith's group, but rather a separate local entity. I have no faith in JB Smith - he's exactly what I said yesterday: A venture capitalist version of Rollins. The quality of the Equity11 website is very telling, much like the website for Lightning Pictures, LCC was.

Perhaps the reason the AJC never picked up on this guy is because, like Vivs said, he's not for real. I know Vivs isn't thought of too highly at the moment for his "doom and gloom" articles, but it's possible he's known that Smith had no chance, just like Rollins. That is what Vivs has been saying all along: the chances of someone buying all 3 entities is "one in a million".

HeyYouGuys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2011, 07:54 AM
thomas magnum

Just so everyone knows...I'm pretty sure you have to RSVP to attend this event. I don't think that is going to be a hard thing to do. Just go to the website and click that you want to RSVP.

thomas magnum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2011, 07:57 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyYouGuys View Post
I agree 100%. I was really hoping this "balkan" would actually be for real. I've already been charged for my tickets as well, and I'm staying hopeful that the other group who submitted terms for the Thrashers is not JB Smith's group, but rather a separate local entity. I have no faith in JB Smith - he's exactly what I said yesterday: A venture capitalist version of Rollins. The quality of the Equity11 website is very telling, much like the website for Lightning Pictures, LCC was.

Perhaps the reason the AJC never picked up on this guy is because, like Vivs said, he's not for real. I know Vivs isn't thought of too highly at the moment for his "doom and gloom" articles, but it's possible he's known that Smith had no chance, just like Rollins. That is what Vivs has been saying all along: the chances of someone buying all 3 entities is "one in a million".
I agree, but I also agree with Oneel. Just show up.

AtlantaWhaler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2011, 08:05 AM
HeyYouGuys

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
I agree, but I also agree with Oneel. Just show up.
Couldn't hurt. I won't be able to make it, but I have notified previous STH's, and other Thrashers fans, about the event. And for those of you who haven't seen the email, here it is:

"We are pleased to again offer the Select-A-Seat event to Thrashers Season Ticket Holders. This event is designed to help you choose your 2011-12 Season Ticket location. This interactive format will allow you to personally choose a seat location that best fits your needs. Over the course of the Select-A-Seat event, all Season Ticket Holders will be invited to Philips Arena at designated times for the opportunity to "test drive" available seat locations in order to relocate, or add seats to existing accounts.

Select-A-Seat will be held on Saturday May 21st. Your scheduled appointment time is xxxxam. To maximize your seating options, please arrive 10 minutes before your appointment time. No parties will be allowed into the seating bowl BEFORE their assigned time-slot although you are welcome to come down as late as 2:30pm. Please bring this letter to gain admittance to the Select-A-Seat Event.

Complimentary parking will be provided in the Centennial Garage located on the corner of Marietta Street and Centennial Olympic Park Drive. When you approach the parking garage entrance, collect a ticket from the meter to enter. You will receive a parking validation form at check-in.

You may enter Philips Arena from the Hawk Walk entrance, located next to the CNN Center food court inside the CNN Center. Please check in at the reception table to receive your Select-A-Seat information packet.

If you are unable to attend the Thrashers Select-A-Seat on Saturday, May 21st you may send someone to serve as your proxy and make a seat relocation or addition for you. To elect a proxy to act on your behalf please contact me for further information.

Should you have any questions regarding the Select-A-Seat process, please contact me directly or the Service and Retention Department at (866) 715-1500, option 3.

Thanks for your support of Thrashers hockey "

I don't expect this event to be very well-attended.

HeyYouGuys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2011, 08:26 AM
Sunshine36616

I'm going. Might the last Thrashers hockey event there is in Phillips. I'd like to talk about moving closer to center ice.

Then I'm going to Best Buy to see Chris Thorburn...and tell him thank you, good bye and good luck

Sunshine36616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2011, 08:43 AM
Lynk
Registered Bro

I thought Judgment day was May 21st?...

A little too eery for my taste.

Lynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2011, 08:45 AM
flerd_trandle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk View Post
I thought Judgment day was May 21st?...

A little too eery for my taste.
Yeah, Saturday is supposedly the Rapture, but it's also the East Atlanta Beer Fest. Since I won't be going to heaven, I'm going to be in Brownwood Park drinking beer.

flerd_trandle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2011, 09:42 AM
SavageSteve

Is there any talk of having a rally like we did in Nashville? http://youtu.be/nnajN-5FZuE

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_r...save-predators

One of Nashville's local sports talk guys (George Plaster), organized a rally to help save the team and did introduce us to who would be the new owners as well as the next mayor of Nashville. We got 7000+ fans there... Worth a shot if nothing else.

SavageSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2011, 09:51 AM
Telfo
THRASHERS

interesting sales email I got:

Quote:
Hey Thrashers fans,

The time has come to pick out your season tickets. Please come out and support your favorite NHL team as we have our best seats available for purchase. This Saturday, May 21 at Philips Arena, you will have the opportunity to hand-pick your perfect seats for the 2011-12 Season and for years to come. RSVP to participate in the biggest and most highly-anticipated Thrashers Select-A-Seat in franchise history! Your support is critical to the success of the Thrashers and our new prices are here for the taking! Secure the same seat for the biggest games of the year as you cheer on Dustin Byfuglien, Ondrej Pavelec and the rest of the young, exciting Thrashers. Easy payment plans are available to make every option affordable.

Telfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2011, 10:09 AM
SilverRiver89

^Sounds like they know something we don't know.

Wish I could go, but my sister's graduating Saturday. It's over at 10am and all, but I'm pretty sure I'll have to stick with the family for the day.

SilverRiver89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2011, 04:38 PM
Ashe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telfo View Post
interesting sales email I got:
I got that too

Ashe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2011, 06:28 PM
Neon Phaneuf
Let the kids play

I think a few of us should politely ask other Atlanta celebs / athletes to re-tweet info about the rally... here are a few to try:

@FreddieFreeman
@JasonHeyward
@roddywhiteTV
@oviemughelli34

Neon Phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2011, 06:31 PM
Telfo
THRASHERS

looks like this has been dubbed the "save the team" rally by the media, so now we have to show up. count me in

Telfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2011, 12:59 PM
Timzey

good luck thrashers fans..... i remember when it was said the Devils were moving to Nashville back in 95. Horrible times, my heart goes out to you guys, hope you can save the team!!!!

Timzey is offline   Reply With Quote