HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Which Former Pred are you rooting for to hoist the cup?

View Poll Results: who do you want to hoist Lord Stanley's Cup?
Adam Hall 24 32.43%
Scott Nichol 21 28.38%
Dan Hamhuis 17 22.97%
Rich Peverly 12 16.22%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Old
05-18-2011, 03:53 AM
TediT

vCash: 500
Can I say anybody EXCEPT Hammer? I really, really, really don't want him to have any communion with that tall, silver, shiny thingy!!!

TediT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2011, 09:35 AM
utmfisher19

Send a message via AIM to utmfisher19 Send a message via MSN to utmfisher19 Send a message via Yahoo to utmfisher19
Quote:
Originally Posted by TediT View Post
Can I say anybody EXCEPT Hammer? I really, really, really don't want him to have any communion with that tall, silver, shiny thingy!!!
I think 9 Canucks fans have come in here and voted for him. Because there is no way anyone on this side would vote for that slimy, overrated, turnover machine.

utmfisher19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2011, 10:20 AM
Pattypred

Quote:
Originally Posted by utmfisher19 View Post
I think 9 Canucks fans have come in here and voted for him. Because there is no way anyone on this side would vote for that slimy, overrated, turnover machine.

Don't forget the backstabbing of former team fans in the media.

Pattypred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2011, 11:22 PM
hockey diva

Sadly that back stabbing turnover moppet head is one step closer to that shiny thing...

hockey diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2011, 06:09 AM
Firestorm

And those bloody Green Men...

Firestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2011, 12:36 PM
canucks95

Hey guys, I just had to ask but why do many Preds fans hate Hamhuis, had he said something towards the Preds?

Ever since he's been in Vancouver he's been nothing but class, very nice guy, and is nothing but class. And probably is my favorite player on the team already

canucks95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2011, 12:52 PM
ffwrx
Don't Blink!

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucks95 View Post
Hey guys, I just had to ask but why do many Preds fans hate Hamhuis, had he said something towards the Preds?

Ever since he's been in Vancouver he's been nothing but class, very nice guy, and is nothing but class. And probably is my favorite player on the team already
He was nothing but class while he was here. Probably the most active Pred in charity stuff. He just made some attendance wise cracks and insulted the fan base here in his first press conference there.

ffwrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2011, 02:24 PM
PhoneGuy

Quote:

This is the gist of the comment he made:

"Hamhuis slipped in a jab at Nashville, noting that the attendance at the Summer Summit was awfully similar to the attendance at a Predators home game in November."

http://passittobulis.blogspot.com/20...ks-summer.html

PhoneGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2011, 07:41 AM
lstcyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffwrx View Post
He was nothing but class while he was here. Probably the most active Pred in charity stuff. He just made some attendance wise cracks and insulted the fan base here in his first press conference there.
Let's be honest. He made ONE wise crack. And no one's been able to forget it.

lstcyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2011, 08:48 AM
predfan98

Quote:
Originally Posted by lstcyr View Post
Let's be honest. He made ONE wise crack. And no one's been able to forget it.
he made a wise crack about something that has obsessed the fan base, the owners, etc...... for several years. attendance might have been the only thing that kept the team from breaking the lease with metro........under any ownership.

he made a crack about the stability , future and viability of the team in nashville...........and he knew how serious an issue it had been.

it's not as if it was a minor issue. he knew.

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2011, 09:15 AM
PhoneGuy

Here's a link to a blog that has the actual video.

http://www.predsblog.com/2010/07/12/...mments-legacy/

PhoneGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2011, 09:52 AM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan98 View Post
he made a wise crack about something that has obsessed the fan base, the owners, etc...... for several years. attendance might have been the only thing that kept the team from breaking the lease with metro........under any ownership.

he made a crack about the stability , future and viability of the team in nashville...........and he knew how serious an issue it had been.

it's not as if it was a minor issue. he knew.
This. Assuming they don't go all the way this year, I imagine for a followup Hamhuis could very well make some wisecrack about constant failures to compete for the Cup and it'd have a similar bridge-burning effect.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2011, 09:59 AM
utmfisher19

Send a message via AIM to utmfisher19 Send a message via MSN to utmfisher19 Send a message via Yahoo to utmfisher19
Quote:

I can list MANY reasons:

1.) Broke the players code with his own teammates. Not going into any details, but what he did was wrong.

2.) Was out there for every goal allowed in the Chicago series last year in the first 4 games of the series.

3.) Was a turnover MACHINE. Seriously, watch his passes. How many of his passes do the Canucks actually retain possession of them? 25%? He is quite possibly the worst passing dman in the league.

4.) He wanted to re-sign here and we told him to take us to the 2nd round and we would. He failed, miserably. And was our worst player in the Blackhawks series last year.

5.) Acted like he was our top pairing dman, when I would take Weber, Suter, Blum, and Klein all over him.

6.) Made the wise crack about the Nashville attendance in October.

There is no denying that he is a nice guy, great community guy, and that he loved Nashville while he was here. But when he was on the ice, he was my least favorite player (and MOST of the front office's least favorite player). See Pete Weber and Terry Crisp when they said his name during games: They called everyone else JUST by their last name, but with Dan Hamhuis, they called him Da** Hamhuis for a reason.

Last edited by utmfisher19: 05-27-2011 at 10:06 AM.
utmfisher19 is offline   Reply With Quote