HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dawes, goalie battle on tap for Rangers - NHL.com

Closed Thread

Old
08-12-2005, 12:56 PM
Padawan
Former *********

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate
i believe it was something along the lines of needing to improve his strength and size and that his size right now isn't all muscle (implying he's carrying around some extra fat weight)

on another note, this person also said he was told the rangers are trying to sign Hannu Pikkarainen.

I see. That guy is a comedian! Signing Hannu Pikkarainen... Priceless.

Old
08-12-2005, 04:32 PM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padawan

Well we have cap room and could use a good comedian. How much do you think to sign him?

Old
08-12-2005, 04:40 PM
Entrancemperium

A question, is Brad Richards ufa next year? Is he worth top dollar? I'm just asking, I myself would like to see Lecavalier in ranger blue but Richards feels more like the one Sather would want.

Old
08-12-2005, 06:53 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entrancemperium
A question, is Brad Richards ufa next year? Is he worth top dollar? I'm just asking, I myself would like to see Lecavalier in ranger blue but Richards feels more like the one Sather would want.
I'm a big Richards fan. I would take him over St. Louis or Vinny. I don't think he's a max player. Would love to get him but they'll have to overpay.

Old
08-12-2005, 07:03 PM
Entrancemperium

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
I'm a big Richards fan. I would take him over St. Louis or Vinny. I don't think he's a max player. Would love to get him but they'll have to overpay.
He would be awesome and on our team he wouldn't be overshadowed by st-louis and lecavalier.

Old
08-12-2005, 07:53 PM
Barnaby

I don't think Richards is a guy I'd overpay for personally. I think he does great as with VL and MS so he can fly under the radar a bit. I think he could potentially struggle as a #1 option.

Old
08-12-2005, 11:10 PM
Edge

I agree. Furthermore I think Vinny is as good as gone when his contract is up. But i can't see him going anywhere but Montreal.

Old
08-13-2005, 09:25 AM
NYC Aim 4588

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby
I don't think Richards is a guy I'd overpay for personally. I think he does great as with VL and MS so he can fly under the radar a bit. I think he could potentially struggle as a #1 option.
Well it depends on what you mean by over pay, I wouldnt give up a bunch of picks and top prospects, but for him i would give a bit thats no question. He is one of my favorite players in the league and would take him over V.L and especially 31 year old M.S.

Brad Richards to me is a Joe Sakic type player . He puts up solid #'s the last couple years and plus a ConSmyte is nice to. The kid will be a prime time clutch player and would take him over almost any one in the league . This is just based on my opinion. Guys I would love to see on NYR would be Spezza and Heatley 2 of my other favorite guys in the NHL but since thats not possible as we most likely wont get any of the 3 names I mentioned . But for richards I would give a bit not to much but i would give.

Old
08-13-2005, 10:22 AM
Entrancemperium

A centerman is what we need but one of my absolute favorite players in the league is Simon Gagne it would be so awesome if we could aquire him some way

Old
08-13-2005, 03:24 PM
Kovy274Hart

Send a message via AIM to Kovy274Hart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby

Are you kidding Barn? Richards is better than Lecavalier because he's been more consistent. He's like a poor man's Sakic. I hate using comparisons. But he is very similar in style and mannerisms.

Hence... his clutch Conn Smythe performance a la Joe.

Old
08-13-2005, 03:26 PM
Kovy274Hart

Send a message via AIM to Kovy274Hart
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
I actually am a huge St. Louis fan as well. I love how he plays. Such a competitor in every zone. Very sneaky in the neutral zone. Just ask the Isles and DiPietro .

Richards is signed long term btw. They gave him a five year deal I believe two years ago. So, he should be in Tampa for a while.

Not sure what will happen with Lecavalier or St. Louis. But I'd take St. Louis. He's all heart! And think of what he could teach Dawes.

Old
08-13-2005, 04:03 PM
Entrancemperium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovy274Hart
I actually am a huge St. Louis fan as well. I love how he plays. Such a competitor in every zone. Very sneaky in the neutral zone. Just ask the Isles and DiPietro .

Richards is signed long term btw. They gave him a five year deal I believe two years ago. So, he should be in Tampa for a while.

Not sure what will happen with Lecavalier or St. Louis. But I'd take St. Louis. He's all heart! And think of what he could teach Dawes.
Yeah St-Louis could teach Dawes alot as for Lecavalier i think Sather will go after him hard expect maximum salary. It's a damn shame Thornton signed a three year deal with the bruins, he would look great on our top line

Old
08-17-2005, 08:47 AM
Levitate

Quote:

sooo, I'm hearing (different source) that the Rangers have signed Hannu Pikkarainen today. Other than him supposedly being a young, puck moving defenseman who has taken awhile to break out, I don't know much about him....

Old
08-17-2005, 09:29 AM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:
sooo, I'm hearing (different source) that the Rangers have signed Hannu Pikkarainen today. Other than him supposedly being a young, puck moving defenseman who has taken awhile to break out, I don't know much about him....
he's 22 turning 23 on 10/13 and played 2004 in FIN's SM-Liiga in 49 games he had 7 goals 13 assists for 20 points and 36 PIM. His +11 is obviously the reason we'd target him. Sounds like he could be a good pickup, but never seen him play. So...

Old
08-17-2005, 10:33 AM
Ola

Quote:
What sources? I've seen him play a once or twice for HIFK. Was pretty impressed with him last time I saw him. He is a really smart defensemen, great hockey sense. But I can't say that I remember all that much about him.

Would be a exciting pickup...

Old
08-17-2005, 10:38 AM
Levitate

Finnish poster on another board said he heard it...didn't give an exact source, but he's been reliable on this kind of stuff. Someone else earlier said that they had heard from a scout that the Rangers were looking at him

Old
08-17-2005, 01:21 PM
Padawan
Former *********

Quote:
Finnish poster on another board said he heard it...didn't give an exact source, but he's been reliable on this kind of stuff. Someone else earlier said that they had heard from a scout that the Rangers were looking at him
I heard the rumor too. IMO there's no chance that this guy can play in the NHL. He simply lacks size, strenght, skill... Well, anything really. He was an average D-Man in SM-Liiga who played in a good team. That's my personal opinion.

Old
08-17-2005, 02:10 PM
Levitate

then again, the rangers might just sign him and stick him in hartford, see what happens..if he flops, no big deal, if he does alright, it was worth it

Old
08-17-2005, 02:26 PM
Padawan
Former *********

Quote:
then again, the rangers might just sign him and stick him in hartford, see what happens..if he flops, no big deal, if he does alright, it was worth it
True. Rangers can afford the 150k fine.

Old
08-17-2005, 03:34 PM
Ola

Signing him and leaving him in Finland could even be a option. Though I belive the AHL is great place for skilled european defensemen to learn the north american game. Look at Kronwall...

Old
08-17-2005, 03:47 PM
Ola

Hufvudstadsbladet are reporting that Canadians also are in the running for Pikkarainen. I am hoping its true we signed this kid, he is defenitly in the Thomas Pck mold and could be a steal as well as a bust, but would come for free...

Padawan, I am not gooing to put my neck out () for this kid but I remember seeing him atleast once last year and was pretty impressed. He was really calm with the puck and showed great hockey sense.

Old
08-17-2005, 04:06 PM
Padawan
Former *********

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola
Padawan, I am not gooing to put my neck out () for this kid but I remember seeing him atleast once last year and was pretty impressed. He was really calm with the puck and showed great hockey sense.
I can't say much good about him. He has some hockey sense and that is a plus. Other than that, I am worried that the Rangers are seriously trying to get him. Again, that is my own opinion.

Old
08-17-2005, 10:57 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
I can't say much good about him. He has some hockey sense and that is a plus. Other than that, I am worried that the Rangers are seriously trying to get him. Again, that is my own opinion.

Did the Rangers sign him?????

Old
08-18-2005, 01:59 AM
Padawan
Former *********

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41
Did the Rangers sign him?????
That's all the rumors are saying but it hasn't been announced yet.

Oh, it is official. Just saw the thread.

Closed Thread