HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

2011 NHL Entry Draft/Other Prospects (All NON-RANGERS Prospect Discussion - Part 3) ‎

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-18-2011, 07:32 AM
  #101
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.
 
BrooklynRangersFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brooklyn of course
Country: United States
Posts: 10,089
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Trade up to #10 to select either Zibanejad(Z-been-yad)or Scheifele(Sheff-lee). #15 and #45.
I thought the former was pronounced Zi-ban-eh-zjad?

BrooklynRangersFan is offline  
Old
05-18-2011, 07:32 AM
  #102
BBKers
Registered User
 
BBKers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: South Koster, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 5,583
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Trade up to #10 to select either Zibanejad(Z-been-yad). #15 and #45.
Agreed. He is a very good prospect according to Swedish friends and SEL coaches/managers I have spoken with.
Go with a high risk gamble winger in the 2nd round (Russian??) too.
We need some high end hockey talent now
Need to take some risks.
Our D looks very good on paper for years to come
Need a puck-mover on the backend, hopefully MDZ comes back with a vengance.

Staal - Girardi
McD - McIllWrath
MDZ - Sauer
VTank

is a possible 100% homegrown future D
Very secure there...
Need more talent up front
Plus maybe a goalie...

BBKers is offline  
Old
05-18-2011, 08:00 AM
  #103
jas
Unsatisfied
 
jas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 13,001
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Trade up to #10 to select either Zibanejad(Z-been-yad)or Scheifele(Sheff-lee). #15 and #45.
Welcome to the Scheifele bandwagon. As for Mika, I'm getting the feeling that he won't even be there at 10.

jas is offline  
Old
05-18-2011, 08:32 AM
  #104
Trxjw
Moderator
Bored.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 16,347
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Welcome to the Scheifele bandwagon. As for Mika, I'm getting the feeling that he won't even be there at 10.
I agree. I think Zibanejad will end up with Ottawa or Atlanta. Would be a great fit slotted on the 2nd line behind Spezza.

Trxjw is offline  
Old
05-18-2011, 09:01 AM
  #105
RangerBlues
Registered User
 
RangerBlues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: BRONX NYC
Posts: 1,537
vCash: 500
Draft is going to go almost exactly like last years. Any forward with potential will go ahead of Dmen.
Expect 7-8 Forwards in the top 10.
Build from strength and take another top D man that falls.

RangerBlues is offline  
Old
05-18-2011, 09:27 AM
  #106
Revelation
Reanimated
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Dirty South
Country: United States
Posts: 1,746
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBlues View Post
Draft is going to go almost exactly like last years. Any forward with potential will go ahead of Dmen.
Expect 7-8 Forwards in the top 10.
Build from strength and take another top D man that falls.
Especially in this draft, go BPA. If it's a D-man, so be it. I would certainly like it to be a forward, but we need to take the player that is going to be the best pro.

Accrue enough assets, and at some point we'll be able to make a move to fill the holes in our roster. If we just so happen to keep drafting and developing solid D-men, a guy like Girardi, for example (NOT advocating trading him, just illustrating a point), could fetch a good return in terms of our team needs.

Revelation is online now  
Old
05-18-2011, 09:50 AM
  #107
ecemleafs
Registered User
 
ecemleafs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 9,949
vCash: 500
you think we try to pick kucherov in the 2nd or 3rd round?

ecemleafs is online now  
Old
05-18-2011, 10:14 AM
  #108
x BEUKEBOOM x
Buuuuuuuuuuuk !
 
x BEUKEBOOM x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NY Rangerville
Country: United States
Posts: 1,359
vCash: 500
Outside of Larsson. If the top 10 goes mostly forwards what are the chances we move up and grab Murphy so we have a second hi potential PMD in the system?

x BEUKEBOOM x is offline  
Old
05-18-2011, 10:26 AM
  #109
azrok22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 9,424
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCollarBlueBlood View Post
Outside of Larsson. If the top 10 goes mostly forwards what are the chances we move up and grab Murphy so we have a second hi potential PMD in the system?
I've been advocating moving up to pick #10 for Zibanejad if he is still available (at this point it looks like he won't be), and I also don't think Murphy will be there at 10, but if he is, I definitely try to move #15 and #45 to move up and grab him.

azrok22 is offline  
Old
05-18-2011, 10:59 AM
  #110
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,508
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
I thought the former was pronounced Zi-ban-eh-zjad?
Its pronounced that way and I heard a Swedish clip on youtube say Ben or Been instead of Ban. It'll be pronounced one way and then one day it'll be pronounced a different way. Kaberle had two ways of saying it. Each brother wanted a different pronouncement. Go figure.

RangerBoy is offline  
Old
05-18-2011, 12:34 PM
  #111
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,193
vCash: 500
Sounds like Zee-bane-yad to me.

This kid looks pretty amazing. There's no way he will be available at #15.

And if he is, at least 12 teams screwed the pooch.

I'd love this kid. But what are the odds we get him? Will Clark and co. trade up?

If we trade up I like Zibanejad, Landeskog, and Strome.

If we stay at #15 I like McNeill.

Zibanejad reminds me of Niederreiter in some ways. Charismatic, speaks multiple languages. High skill level. Physical player.

Id do cartwheels if we call Zibanejad's name at the podium.

Kid looks like a star in the making.

Just don't see any realistic scenario where we get him.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline  
Old
05-18-2011, 01:34 PM
  #112
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke
 
Barbara Underhill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montana
Country: United States
Posts: 13,117
vCash: 373
They won't trade up far enough to have a shot at Landeskog, Zibanejad is possible but he may go earlier than expected. What are the chances Courtier is the odd forward out in all this?

Barbara Underhill is offline  
Old
05-18-2011, 02:48 PM
  #113
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 23,633
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tube Sock View Post
They won't trade up far enough to have a shot at Landeskog, Zibanejad is possible but he may go earlier than expected. What are the chances Courtier is the odd forward out in all this?
I mentioned it before, but look for Colorado to be in play on all the Swedes, they have the picks and depth to pull off most anything in this draft. To get both Landeskog and ZD and put either with Stastny/Duchesne? Or just have ZD as the 3rd line Center? Hmm.....

Couturier size is too tempting, he didn't have THAT bad a showing this year. He could go down a bit but not out of the top 8, if he still around some team will make a play for him.

Bluenote13 is offline  
Old
05-18-2011, 03:25 PM
  #114
silverfish
Mr. Glass
 
silverfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Standing on a Train
Country: United States
Posts: 14,324
vCash: 500
Mark Scheifele projected round in NHL 11 - Undrafted

looking like a steal

silverfish is online now  
Old
05-18-2011, 03:30 PM
  #115
Latex*
DM is good
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Helsinki,Helsingfors
Posts: 5,551
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Its pronounced that way and I heard a Swedish clip on youtube say Ben or Been instead of Ban. It'll be pronounced one way and then one day it'll be pronounced a different way. Kaberle had two ways of saying it. Each brother wanted a different pronouncement. Go figure.
You people need to realise that the Swedish annoncers probably have no idea how to pronounce his name as it's not Swedish but Persian.

Latex* is offline  
Old
05-18-2011, 03:42 PM
  #116
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,193
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latexi84 View Post
You people need to realise that the Swedish annoncers probably have no idea how to pronounce his name as it's not Swedish but Persian.
Yeah.

His Father is Iranian, i believe.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline  
Old
05-18-2011, 03:54 PM
  #117
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..
 
offdacrossbar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: da cuse
Country: Tuvalu
Posts: 8,073
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecemleafs View Post
you think we try to pick kucherov in the 2nd or 3rd round?
kucherov is a huge talent. im glad someone else is mentioning him. i really think hes a diamond in the rough.

the damn russian bias thing not withstanding, this is another player that has enormous boom potential. hes just a slick, shifty, dangerous sniper. hes one exciting young man.

sure hes undersized and a bit inmature, but hes got loads of sizzle and the kind of talent that gets you up outa your seat.

im hoping everyone ignores him on the fear that he wont come over so we can swoop in a grab him.

im hoping like heck gordie realizes that these young ussians wont have a problem coming to nyc to play hockey.

offdacrossbar is online now  
Old
05-18-2011, 07:10 PM
  #118
Nich
Registered User
 
Nich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Long Beach, NY
Country: Croatia
Posts: 6,886
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
kucherov is a huge talent. im glad someone else is mentioning him. i really think hes a diamond in the rough.

the damn russian bias thing not withstanding, this is another player that has enormous boom potential. hes just a slick, shifty, dangerous sniper. hes one exciting young man.

sure hes undersized and a bit inmature, but hes got loads of sizzle and the kind of talent that gets you up outa your seat.

im hoping everyone ignores him on the fear that he wont come over so we can swoop in a grab him.

im hoping like heck gordie realizes that these young ussians wont have a problem coming to nyc to play hockey.
He is the guy I want at 45 but Gordie doesn't seem high on Russians. First round BPA, second round swing for the fences

Nich is offline  
Old
05-18-2011, 08:15 PM
  #119
TheRedViper
Registered User
 
TheRedViper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Niagara
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,292
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nich View Post
He is the guy I want at 45 but Gordie doesn't seem high on Russians. First round BPA, second round swing for the fences
From the sounds of this kid, he is your typical swing for the fences pick.

TheRedViper is offline  
Old
05-18-2011, 08:28 PM
  #120
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,007
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers1024 View Post
From the sounds of this kid, he is your typical swing for the fences pick.
I would rather go Nieto, Grimaldi, Clendening, Saad, Rask or anyone else who falls in the 2nd round. Any 2 of those players and I would most likely be thrilled with the 2nd.

McNeil, Zibanejad, Shiefele, Armia or Strome in the first. I would not be upset with Oleksiak if he is there either.

NYR Viper is online now  
Old
05-18-2011, 10:24 PM
  #121
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato
 
HatTrick Swayze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,227
vCash: 500
Assuming we keep #57 Adam Lowry is definitely high on my list.

From RLR:
Quote:
Adam Lowry (Swift Current) Already huge and looks like he won't be shaving for another 6-8 years. Could develop into a monster. Starting to score a few, getting into some scraps, and you gotta love the bloodline.
6'4" PF who has a great set of wheels.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/hocke...e-report_N.htm

__________________
"Here we can see the agression of american people. They love fighting and guns. when they wont win they try to kill us all." -HalfOfFame
HatTrick Swayze is online now  
Old
05-19-2011, 12:49 AM
  #122
hockeyman001
Registered User
 
hockeyman001's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 139
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nich View Post
He is the guy I want at 45 but Gordie doesn't seem high on Russians. First round BPA, second round swing for the fences
I like Kucherov also. He's a very underrated passer and has that intangible "slippery" quality when stickhandling. Good pick for the 2nd round.

First round I'd still love to see them take Tomas Jurco. Great work ethic, elite hands and decent shot, just needs to work more on linear speed and strength.

Not really excited about any of the big kids who look like 3rd liners but "may" develop into more. Rare that those work out.

hockeyman001 is offline  
Old
05-19-2011, 12:57 AM
  #123
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!
 
n8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: san francisco
Country: United States
Posts: 7,389
vCash: 500
assuming our pick is not traded, I'm curious as to which players would get you mad if they were picked.

n8 is offline  
Old
05-19-2011, 10:09 AM
  #124
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,193
vCash: 500
Considering most if these guys are projects. Not many would bother me if we picked them.

Unless one of the projected top 10 drops in our lap.

Hopefully Zibanejad drops close enough to trade up for.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline  
Old
05-19-2011, 10:34 AM
  #125
Mats Zuccarelli
NY Hockey Rangers
 
Mats Zuccarelli's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Manhattan
Country: United States
Posts: 1,630
vCash: 500
Just take the best player available. You can't go wrong that way

Mats Zuccarelli is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:34 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.