HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Favorite Teams/Least Favorite

Closed Thread

Old
10-15-2003, 07:56 AM
monkey_00*

vCash: 500
"Hate" is a pretty strong word to use.......I don't know if I have any that I "hate" but let's start with 5 that I really like:

5-Favorites:

(1) Toronto....All my Life...all time fav player from Leafs are Sittler and Vaive
(2) Montreal....Always liked this team which is weird considering I also like the Leafs...LaFleur my alltime fav player...met LaFleur for the first time in person here in Hamilton last season at Bulldogs game...classy organization DEEP, RICH history....I love my Sports history.
(3) Buffalo....Use to be able to pickup alot of Sabres games here in the Hamilton T.V. market....about 1-hour drive from there and make it to Sabres games at least twice a year in Buffalo when the Leafs are in town.....quite the atmosphere there.....Dominic Hasek and Gilbert Perreault 2 of my alltime favs......
(4) Chicago....my favorite American City.....liked the old Stadium best alltime for Arenas....I think they have the best looking jerseys....Denis Savrad and Al Secord 2 of my alltime fav players......
(5) New Jersey....Brodeur rocks and so too does Stevens....all roads in the Eastern Conference for the Stanley Cup goes through Jersey and I love their team and the type of blue-collar players that they have.....tough but also clean.

Dislike:

(1) Ottawa....Dislike but respect them....Like Chara alot wish we had him in Toronto.
(2) Tampa Bay...joke of an organization....should pack up their bags and move here to Hamilton.
(3) Phoenix...just because they have the worst looking hockey jerseys....should still be up in Winnipeg Manitoba.

Old
10-15-2003, 08:11 AM
BruinsGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey_00
"Hate" is a pretty strong word to use.......I don't know if I have any that I "hate" but let's start with 5 that I really like:

5-Favorites:

(1) Toronto....All my Life...all time fav player from Leafs are Sittler and Vaive
(2) Montreal....Always liked this team which is weird considering I also like the Leafs...LaFleur my alltime fav player...met LaFleur for the first time in person here in Hamilton last season at Bulldogs game...classy organization DEEP, RICH history....I love my Sports history.
(3) Buffalo....Use to be able to pickup alot of Sabres games here in the Hamilton T.V. market....about 1-hour drive from there and make it to Sabres games at least twice a year in Buffalo when the Leafs are in town.....quite the atmosphere there.....Dominic Hasek and Gilbert Perreault 2 of my alltime favs......
(4) Chicago....my favorite American City.....liked the old Stadium best alltime for Arenas....I think they have the best looking jerseys....Denis Savrad and Al Secord 2 of my alltime fav players......
(5) New Jersey....Brodeur rocks and so too does Stevens....all roads in the Eastern Conference for the Stanley Cup goes through Jersey and I love their team and the type of blue-collar players that they have.....tough but also clean.

Dislike:

(1) Ottawa....Dislike but respect them....Like Chara alot wish we had him in Toronto.
(2) Tampa Bay...joke of an organization....should pack up their bags and move here to Hamilton.
(3) Phoenix...just because they have the worst looking hockey jerseys....should still be up in Winnipeg Manitoba.
It's not my board but I still would like to know why Tampa is such a joke?

IMHO they have the best fan support down South and showing all signs of improvement starting from goaltending , having nice forward group etc. I think if somebody should move it will be Atlanta or Florida cause of lack of support.... (btw if things won't change in a hurry I'm not sure my B's will survive too).

I would like to know your opinion.

Old
10-15-2003, 01:32 PM
Grandpabuzz

Send a message via AIM to Grandpabuzz
Like:
Toronto
Dallas-Living there now, so i end up liking them
Vancouver-***** of fans, but I like the team
LA-Just a solid team, that i feel sorry for
Florida

Dislike
Rangers
Flyers
Coyotes
Hurricanes
Devils

Old
10-15-2003, 02:44 PM
Leaf Lander

Send a message via ICQ to Leaf Lander Send a message via MSN to Leaf Lander
Toronto is my fav team

I dislike no teams now

as a child I HATED MONTREAL

Old
10-15-2003, 10:31 PM
ToMaLe

Fav:

1) Toronto Maple Leafs

2) Whoever plays Montreal

and way down the list are:
3) Chicago
4) Boston
5) Vancouver

Dislike:

1) Montreal
2) Detroit
3) Colorado
4) Philadelphia
5) New Jersey

When the Russians came over to play 8 NHL teams. I was hoping they would lose 7 out of 8. I just couldnt bring myself to cheer for the Habs.

Old
10-16-2003, 07:03 AM
monkey_00*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsGirl
It's not my board but I still would like to know why Tampa is such a joke?

IMHO they have the best fan support down South and showing all signs of improvement starting from goaltending , having nice forward group etc. I think if somebody should move it will be Atlanta or Florida cause of lack of support.... (btw if things won't change in a hurry I'm not sure my B's will survive too).

I would like to know your opinion.
................You can add Boston to the #4 spot on the teams I dislike.

Old
10-16-2003, 10:50 AM
Epoch

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey_00
................You can add Boston to the #4 spot on the teams I dislike.

Closed Thread