HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Philly and goalies

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-18-2011, 12:47 PM
  #26
LEAFANFORLIFE23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 7,152
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresFanNorthPortFL View Post
OK, I did a little homework....

Vanek (7.14) - Richards (8) - Pomminville (5.3)
Ennis (.875) - Giroux (4 est) - Stafford (4 est)
Gerbe (1 est) - Roy (4) - Boyes (4)
Hecht (3.525) - Gausted (2.3) - Kaleta (.875)
McCormick (.875 est)

Leopold (3) - Myers (1.3)
Carle (3.437) - Weber (.875)
Sekera (1.5 est) - Morrison (2.075)
Grangini (.875)

Enroth (.875)
?????

Without a #1 goalie = $59.827
So we would need to trade a guy or two to make it work. Sorry but we are not that far off...make it happen Regeir

I noticed miller does not exist on your team so doe that mean your willing to trade Miller to bring in Richards and if so, why?

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2011, 12:48 PM
  #27
Vikke
FHM 13 researcher
 
Vikke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bustoville
Country: Sweden
Posts: 12,997
vCash: 500
Yeah, obviously the Flyers are gonna trade their 25 year old captain and an emerging star AND top 4 D-man. Right? Even NHL 11 would crash if you proposed this. Homer would be shot by Snider if he even tried to make that call.

Vikke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2011, 01:17 PM
  #28
drinking bleach irl
POST MORE RECKLESS
 
drinking bleach irl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Virginia
Country: Ras al-Khaimah
Posts: 11,279
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresFanNorthPortFL View Post
OK, I did a little homework....

Vanek (7.14) - Richards (8) - Pomminville (5.3)
Ennis (.875) - Giroux (4 est) - Stafford (4 est)
Gerbe (1 est) - Roy (4) - Boyes (4)
Hecht (3.525) - Gausted (2.3) - Kaleta (.875)
McCormick (.875 est)

Leopold (3) - Myers (1.3)
Carle (3.437) - Weber (.875)
Sekera (1.5 est) - Morrison (2.075)
Grangini (.875)

Enroth (.875)
?????

Without a #1 goalie = $59.827
So we would need to trade a guy or two to make it work. Sorry but we are not that far off...make it happen Regeir
That looks an awful lot like the Flyers build, and unless Enroth blows up they'll have the same problems.

drinking bleach irl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2011, 02:41 PM
  #29
Sabretip
Registered User
 
Sabretip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 7,927
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmack224 View Post
The Courier Post's Chuck Gormley writes, "There are whispers that they may make a pitch for Buffalo's Ryan Miller, the Rangers' Henrik Lundqvist, Calgary's Miikka Kiprusoff, Minnesota's Niklas Backstrom or, yes, New Jersey's Martin Brodeur."

Got this off ESPN insider this morning. Could Philly really make a package that could land one of these goalies?

I know we always todd out trade proposals with guys like this in it and no one can ever agree on a value. Im just wondering what fans from each team would want for their goalie and what philly fans would give up.
I don't know which I find more appalling - that another AP reporter starts to adopt the ambiguous, non-committal terminology ("whispers") used so often by mythmakers like Eklund and Bruce Garrioch, or that ESPN apparently envies Eklund's business model by charging subcribers to read that kind of nonsense.

With the Wild apparently in transition, Backstrom may be in play but the other 4 starters are widely viewed as in the top 10 goalies in the league and are more likely to retire with their current teams than ever be traded.


Sabretip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2011, 02:46 PM
  #30
JVR21
G
 
JVR21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 7,888
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beesfan View Post
Sorry man, but it would be Claude Giroux + Jeff Carter to get Lundqvist. You have to overpay by a lot to get a franchise goalie that is a fan-favorite.
An argument could be made that Carter or Giroux alone is more valuable than Lundqvist. Carter is top 5 in goalscoring the past 3 seasons and Giroux is beginning to be an annual top-15 point getter in the league. They're both young, too.

JVR21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2011, 02:48 PM
  #31
JVR21
G
 
JVR21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 7,888
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresFanNorthPortFL View Post
OK, I did a little homework....

Vanek (7.14) - Richards (8) - Pomminville (5.3)
Ennis (.875) - Giroux (4 est) - Stafford (4 est)
Gerbe (1 est) - Roy (4) - Boyes (4)
Hecht (3.525) - Gausted (2.3) - Kaleta (.875)
McCormick (.875 est)

Leopold (3) - Myers (1.3)
Carle (3.437) - Weber (.875)
Sekera (1.5 est) - Morrison (2.075)
Grangini (.875)

Enroth (.875)
?????

Without a #1 goalie = $59.827
So we would need to trade a guy or two to make it work. Sorry but we are not that far off...make it happen Regeir
Richards, Giroux, and Carle for Miller? Good luck with that.

JVR21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2011, 02:52 PM
  #32
Comely
Registered User
 
Comely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Cambridge
Posts: 1,688
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVR21 View Post
Richards, Giroux, and Carle for Miller? Good luck with that.
That is Brad Richards, look at the cap hit. He is saying Giroux and Scarlet for Miller.

Comely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2011, 02:54 PM
  #33
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows
 
LickTheEnvelope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 28,045
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comely View Post
That is Brad Richards, look at the cap hit. He is saying Giroux and Scarlet for Miller.
Pfff if i'm the Flyers i'd take that trade easily. Giroux is good but Miller is unbelievable.

LickTheEnvelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2011, 03:08 PM
  #34
SabresFanNorthPortFL
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: North Port, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 1,771
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
I noticed miller does not exist on your team so doe that mean your willing to trade Miller to bring in Richards and if so, why?
I traded him to Philly for Giroux and Carle.

Brad Richards would be a UFA signing.

Yes, it sucks to give up Miller but we need legit centers, as do you Mr Leaf Fan.

Too many goalies available.

SabresFanNorthPortFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2011, 03:20 PM
  #35
LEAFANFORLIFE23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 7,152
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresFanNorthPortFL View Post
I traded him to Philly for Giroux and Carle.

Brad Richards would be a UFA signing.

Yes, it sucks to give up Miller but we need legit centers, as do you Mr Leaf Fan.

Too many goalies available.
I Know we need centers but I think I'd try to find a way to address the center need while keeping Miller

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2011, 03:25 PM
  #36
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce
 
AfroThunder396's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hamburg, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 21,972
vCash: 500
If Martin Brodeur ever plays for the Philadelphia Flyers I will suicide on webcam and post a link to it on the main board.

AfroThunder396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2011, 05:12 PM
  #37
SabresFanNorthPortFL
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: North Port, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 1,771
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
I Know we need centers but I think I'd try to find a way to address the center need while keeping Miller
I agree with you about wanting to keep Miller, he's awesome....

BUT....

The Sabres have the cap space and the need for centers, not a center but centers, plural. There are a few excellent goalies that are available this year, that Miller could be somewhat replaced. Yes, that sucks but to bet a young stud like Giroux and a top 4 defensman, you have to take a look.

The way I see it...

If you look at Broudeur, I Bryz (phoenix), Voukuon, Lundquist, Fleurey, Price, Luongo, Miller, and about 5 or 6 others, there is not much of a difference between them. Each will be able to steal games for you and each will have their respective brain fart moments.

But, we need depth down the middle and it's hard to get, so offering up the defending Vezina winner to a team like Philly, who's only real option is to trade something good...well, you have to think about it.

So if you look at my "dream team" and take Boyes off of it, and his $4 mil salary, add Voukoun for say $5mil.....that is a very, very talented team and under the cap.

Sucks loosing Miller but I want to win the Cup and having a center depth of B Richards, Giroux and Roy...would be one of the best in the league, with snipers like Vanek, Ennis, Stafford and Gerbe still on the roster.

Yes, it's a stretch but if you do the Philly deal before July 1st, you've got something to leverage to Richards, and Voukon.

Again, no way we are leaving goalie duties to Enroth, no way.

SabresFanNorthPortFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2011, 05:21 PM
  #38
Snotbubbles
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 3,498
vCash: 500
Philly doesn't need to trade away core pieces like Carter or Giroux for a goalie. All they need to do is trade fringe guys like Hartnell, Versteeg or Carle. That will create more then enough space for Vokoun or Bryzgalov.

Snotbubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2011, 05:26 PM
  #39
Bryz4shiz
Registered User
 
Bryz4shiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Alhoa Oe
Posts: 3,007
vCash: 500
None of these goalies are going to the Fyers but you guys are really overestimating the return a goalie will get when traded.

Kovalenko, Thibault, Rucinsky

Bryz4shiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2011, 05:29 PM
  #40
gotmonte
Registered User
 
gotmonte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New York
Country: Italy
Posts: 1,545
vCash: 500
First off ESPN saying ANYTHING about hockey and I am impressed. They treat this sport like a whipping boy or a third class kid in a first class school.

I have to believe they meant the Flyers SHOULD go after an elite goalie ie. Miller, Lundqvist ect ect. I cant imagine them really BELIEVING the Flyers WILL GET one of those goalies they mentioned.

Here is an idea, why dont Flyers make the Rangers a great offer for Biron? Biron is an awesome backup and should be a first string goalie. I feel bad for him. I mean, he does know his role and he plays it well. But when he plays, he is filthy. Just really good. And he is relatively young still.

Now, I couldnt imagine what the flyers would have to offer the rangers to have them let him walk as our next backup is Chad Johnson. OMG! LOL. But seriously, we get blown away with a deal, we make it everytime.

So shoot. Give us an offer we cant refuse for Biron. It is definately A LOT LESS than for Lundqvist or Miller!

gotmonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2011, 05:32 PM
  #41
FrozenKing18
Top Drawer!
 
FrozenKing18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: So Cal
Country: United States
Posts: 5,832
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
I was and you fell for it which is kind of sad
lol sure

FrozenKing18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2011, 05:34 PM
  #42
teamblue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 116
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotmonte View Post
First off ESPN saying ANYTHING about hockey and I am impressed. They treat this sport like a whipping boy or a third class kid in a first class school.

I have to believe they meant the Flyers SHOULD go after an elite goalie ie. Miller, Lundqvist ect ect. I cant imagine them really BELIEVING the Flyers WILL GET one of those goalies they mentioned.

Here is an idea, why dont Flyers make the Rangers a great offer for Biron? Biron is an awesome backup and should be a first string goalie. I feel bad for him. I mean, he does know his role and he plays it well. But when he plays, he is filthy. Just really good. And he is relatively young still.

Now, I couldnt imagine what the flyers would have to offer the rangers to have them let him walk as our next backup is Chad Johnson. OMG! LOL. But seriously, we get blown away with a deal, we make it everytime.

So shoot. Give us an offer we cant refuse for Biron. It is definately A LOT LESS than for Lundqvist or Miller!
Didn't Philly sign Biron to be their #1 a few years ago?

teamblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2011, 06:50 PM
  #43
flyersguy33*
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 20,708
vCash: 500
Dumbest ****ing article ever written. Whoever wrote this **** should be embarrassed

flyersguy33* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2011, 06:53 PM
  #44
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW
 
ShawnTHW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 8,894
vCash: 500

ShawnTHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2011, 07:10 PM
  #45
SECRET SQUIRREL
Registered User
 
SECRET SQUIRREL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Clarence
Country: Ireland
Posts: 1,189
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroThunder396 View Post
If Martin Brodeur ever plays for the Philadelphia Flyers I will suicide on webcam and post a link to it on the main board.
This made me LOL!

SECRET SQUIRREL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2011, 07:29 PM
  #46
Chalfdiggity3
Registered User
 
Chalfdiggity3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 1,596
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVR21 View Post
An argument could be made that Carter or Giroux alone is more valuable than Lundqvist. Carter is top 5 in goalscoring the past 3 seasons and Giroux is beginning to be an annual top-15 point getter in the league. They're both young, too.
Please dont take this the wrong way but... Are you on crack or just a major homer? Your really telling us that Carter or Giroux have more value than the best goalie in the league? Come on man! Both of them together in a deal for Lundqvist and someone solid like Boyle would be an even and fair deal.

Chalfdiggity3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2011, 07:33 PM
  #47
biturbo19
Registered User
 
biturbo19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 6,775
vCash: 500
Pretty hilariously bad article basically, but...


Nik Backstrom out of Minny seems entirely like a guy they could pick up (if they wanted to). Granted, would require a decent package going back and a TON of hack and slash salary clearing to make it work, and i really doubt it would be the solution...but i don't see why he wouldn't be moveable.

biturbo19 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2011, 07:54 PM
  #48
JVR21
G
 
JVR21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 7,888
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalfdiggity3 View Post
Please dont take this the wrong way but... Are you on crack or just a major homer? Your really telling us that Carter or Giroux have more value than the best goalie in the league? Come on man! Both of them together in a deal for Lundqvist and someone solid like Boyle would be an even and fair deal.
Best goalie in the league? He had one phenomonal season and he has been nothing better than good otherwise.

JVR21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2011, 08:18 PM
  #49
ted1971
History Of Hockey
 
ted1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: south jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 1,519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVR21 View Post
An argument could be made that Carter or Giroux alone is more valuable than Lundqvist. Carter is top 5 in goalscoring the past 3 seasons and Giroux is beginning to be an annual top-15 point getter in the league. They're both young, too.
Your funny. Lundqvist>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Carter. Are You the head of Carter's OCC fan club or something? If all it took to get King Henrik was Carter, I would kidnap Him from Sea Isle City, and deliver Him to MSG Myself.

ted1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2011, 08:23 PM
  #50
ted1971
History Of Hockey
 
ted1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: south jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 1,519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikke View Post
Yeah, obviously the Flyers are gonna trade their 25 year old captain and an emerging star AND top 4 D-man. Right? Even NHL 11 would crash if you proposed this. Homer would be shot by Snider if he even tried to make that call.
Don't say that so fast. Easy Ed was on CSN Philly saying that the Flyers will have a #1 Goalie next season. If He tells Homer to blow the team up for a Goalie, Homer will do it. It's alot to send to Buffalo, but Carle doesn't look so good without Pronger cleaning up His mistakes for Him. I think that Buffalo would have to send something small to help balance out the deal.

ted1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:52 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.