HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dan Carcillo suspended two games (to carry over to 2011/12 season)

Old
05-18-2011, 09:13 AM
Stonehands77

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dna View Post
everyones on the "hate on Carcillo" bandwagon now. i saw more fight out of him this past post season than many other players on the team.

i wouldn't mind keeping him one bit. we need an enforcer and carcillo is one of the best at it.
Carcillo's not an enforcer, he's an agitator. He'll drop the gloves, but he's not a heavyweight. Shelley is supposed to be that. And they're both a waste of cap space at this point. Shelley is too slow, and Carcillo gets penalized for everything. Yes, he'll work...that's easily replaceable. Get a grinder who won't draw a penalty for stepping on the ice (or not even being on the ice, in this case) for the same or less cap hit should not be terribly difficult.

Stonehands77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2011, 11:54 AM
BernieParent

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckrr View Post
even though im no carbombs fan...I will say he was one of the only guys moving his feet in the last 4 games. That says something
For sure Carcillo has a role on this team, and I'd generally be good with keeping him; however, he has become even more of a penalty-bullseye liability through this incident and there are cheaper alternatives within the franchise.

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2011, 12:34 PM
GoneFullHextall
JR=clueless

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
For sure Carcillo has a role on this team, and I'd generally be good with keeping him; however, he has become even more of a penalty-bullseye liability through this incident and there are cheaper alternatives within the franchise.
yeah we have Superstar Shelley. Unfortunatly we will probably have that idiot Rinaldo on the team as well. Have to keep 2 worthless slugs on the roster. its a rule in Philadelphia.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2011, 07:35 PM
BrindamoursNose

The hate for Dan Carcillo is sickening and completely out of a "groupthink" mentality. Carbomb takes 1 suspension, he's automatically a horrible player who puts us on the PK constantly.

I don't know what the stats are this past season, but the previous year (which Carbomb was also hated and known for being a PIM gobbler/detriment), he did gain PIMS but he also drew in way more penalties than he took.

He's an energy player with some skill and toughness that riles up the other team and puts the other team on the PK more than us.

BrindamoursNose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2011, 07:39 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Carbomb does always work hard, but he's an extra player at this point, there are lots of guys who will work hard, and it's not uncommon for a guy to work hard when he only gets ice time every five games. Nothing against the guy, but I don't think he works best as a Peter Laviolette player, even if he's willing to make adjustments in his game. Let Burke Sign him. He'd give Burke orgasms.... so much truculence.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2011, 07:58 PM
DUHockey9

Rinaldo should be completely capable of fulfilling the same exact role Carcillo does, should the organization decide they want a player of that ilk. He would also be dramatically cheaper.

IMO, Carcillo should go, and I believe he will.

DUHockey9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2011, 08:31 PM
Flyerfan808

If its true that he confronted the officials in their locker room then absolutely he deserves a suspension.

If he wasn't a "marked man" before then he certainly has lost all credibility now.

Flyerfan808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2011, 09:29 PM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrindamoursNose View Post
The hate for Dan Carcillo is sickening and completely out of a "groupthink" mentality. Carbomb takes 1 suspension, he's automatically a horrible player who puts us on the PK constantly.

I don't know what the stats are this past season, but the previous year (which Carbomb was also hated and known for being a PIM gobbler/detriment), he did gain PIMS but he also drew in way more penalties than he took.

He's an energy player with some skill and toughness that riles up the other team and puts the other team on the PK more than us.
This is his 4th suspension, I believe. The fact is, he doesn't have any restraint. Shelley had to restrain him which he should be thankful for because who knows what he would have done if he'd really gotten into it with the officials. It's too bad because he played pretty well in the post season.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2011, 11:07 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Did Zac Rinaldo do something stupid that I don't know about? I mean, sure he probably isn't the player we need or want, but everyone on here seems to be ripping on him whenever he is mentioned. Any backstory?

JDinkalage Morgoone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2011, 11:10 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
This is his 4th suspension, I believe. The fact is, he doesn't have any restraint. Shelley had to restrain him which he should be thankful for because who knows what he would have done if he'd really gotten into it with the officials. It's too bad because he played pretty well in the post season.
Carcillo is fine when he thinks. Which isn't always. The good ones know how to play the mindgames.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2011, 01:36 AM
GoneFullHextall
JR=clueless

vCash: 50
Carcillo sucks.

time to move on.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote