HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Michael Peca traded for Mike York/Conditional Pick..

Closed Thread

Old
08-18-2005, 09:41 AM
Tiki

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Tiki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartmouth 02
yeah, but speaking of omens....hes a first rounder from Erie.
we dont seem to have much luck there.

he'll be fine though.
Ryan is a much better prospect than Rupp ever was IMO. Having seen both alot at the same age its silly even to comparethem.

Rupp was drafted as a boom or bust gamble. He had skills, but rarely ever put them to use in a game.

O'Mara is a good all around player who will play a consistant game night in and night out at the OHL level and has all tools to be a good NHL'er.

Old
08-18-2005, 10:04 AM
Dartmouth 02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiki
Ryan is a much better prospect than Rupp ever was IMO. Having seen both alot at the same age its silly even to comparethem.

Rupp was drafted as a boom or bust gamble. He had skills, but rarely ever put them to use in a game.

O'Mara is a good all around player who will play a consistant game night in and night out at the OHL level and has all tools to be a good NHL'er.

i wasnt comparing anything about their talent, reputation, or upside. just saying that our recent first rounders from eire (dont forget timmy) havent exactly panned out.

i think o'marra will be an excellent player.

Old
08-18-2005, 10:07 AM
boredmale

Quote:
in defense of the rupp pick if you look at the draft he was picked in, it was a pretty weak draft, so i wouldn't consider it a bad pick, even at the spot they picked him(the only guy within the next 10 picks that is an NHL star would be Alex Tanguay)

Old
08-18-2005, 10:11 AM
Capt Reynolds

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmale
in defense of the rupp pick if you look at the draft he was picked in, it was a pretty weak draft, so i wouldn't consider it a bad pick, even at the spot they picked him(the only guy within the next 10 picks that is an NHL star would be Alex Tanguay)
Yeah, but even in a weak draft Rupp was picked at least 2 rounds ahead of where anyone had him going. There were "safer gambles" to be had, if that makes any sense.

Old
08-18-2005, 10:15 AM
Tiki

Send a message via ICQ to Tiki
Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmale
I hated that pick.

As an Otters season tix holder and an Isles fan I screamed whne they took him. Rupp was the type of player at that time who would be amazing for all of about 10 seconds of a game and be invisable for the rest of the night.

I thought we were really reaching for him at the time and still think he's only getting a shot in the NHL becasue of his huge body and soft hands in close. His skating is below average at best, he fails to use his size effictivly and handels the puck like a its a live bomb on his stick.

Old
08-18-2005, 10:32 AM
boredmale

Quote:
I hated that pick.
Like i said if you look at the 10 picks after him, besides Tanguay there is nobody i am upset we didn't pick up.

Closed Thread