HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Miller, Lundqvist, Kiprusoff, Backstrom, Brodeur?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-18-2011, 07:14 PM
  #101
headsigh
leave at once!
 
headsigh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Atlanta
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 9,868
vCash: 500
give me vokoun and trade one of our numerous d-men.

headsigh is offline  
Old
05-18-2011, 07:28 PM
  #102
Ghost of Downie*
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,959
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loscar View Post
i mean in his whole career. he isnt winning goalie in the playoffs. thats the only thing that matters.
So then why would you want Miller or Backstrom?

Ghost of Downie* is offline  
Old
05-18-2011, 07:37 PM
  #103
decadentia
Registered User
 
decadentia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New Brunswick
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,547
vCash: 500
It's too bad there aren't any goalies making Crosby money, I mean, that means they are better right?

decadentia is offline  
Old
05-18-2011, 07:40 PM
  #104
Giroux tha Damaja
Registered User
 
Giroux tha Damaja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mount Holly, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,232
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by decadentia View Post
It's too bad there aren't any goalies making Crosby money, I mean, that means they are better right?
Trade for Crosby and put him in net. It's about as good an idea as anything else proposed in that article.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline  
Old
05-18-2011, 08:11 PM
  #105
Flyerfan808
Registered User
 
Flyerfan808's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Honolulu, HI
Country: United States
Posts: 2,002
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loscar View Post
yep, my opinion is that he [Lundqvist] is the most overrated goalie in the nhl history
Quoted for FAIL, bro.

Flyerfan808 is offline  
Old
05-18-2011, 09:19 PM
  #106
EverybodyLovesRay
Registered User
 
EverybodyLovesRay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 460
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of Downie View Post
So then why would you want Miller or Backstrom?
I would be more comfortable with these guys than with lundqvist, and i think that they are better goalies. I really hope that you let me think that....

EverybodyLovesRay is offline  
Old
05-18-2011, 09:24 PM
  #107
Ghost of Downie*
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,959
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loscar View Post
I would be more comfortable with these guys than with lundqvist, and i think that they are better goalies. I really hope that you let me think that....
You're fine to think whatever you want, but they've been as successful as Lundqvist, or less successful even.

Ghost of Downie* is offline  
Old
05-18-2011, 09:29 PM
  #108
EverybodyLovesRay
Registered User
 
EverybodyLovesRay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 460
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of Downie View Post
You're fine to think whatever you want, but they've been as successful as Lundqvist, or less successful even.
Yes i know that no one of them three hasn't been really that succesful, but lundqvist wouldn't be my first or second choice.

edit. my real choice would be vokoun or bryzgalov.


Last edited by EverybodyLovesRay: 05-18-2011 at 09:34 PM.
EverybodyLovesRay is offline  
Old
05-19-2011, 01:04 AM
  #109
infidelappel*
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,507
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loscar View Post
Yes i know that no one of them three hasn't been really that succesful, but lundqvist wouldn't be my first or second choice.

edit. my real choice would be vokoun or bryzgalov.
Neither of them have won in the playoffs.

In fact, of the goalies you've listed above Lundqvist (Vokoun, Miller, Bryzgalov, Backstrom), Lundqvist has done well for himself in terms of playoff wins..

Miller: 25 playoff wins (has won 4 playoff series, ECF back to back years)
Lundqvist: 15 playoff wins (has won 2 playoff series, never advanced beyond semis)
Bryzgalov: 12 playoff wins (has won 1 playoff series)
Backstrom: 3 playoff wins (obviously, has not won a playoff series.)
Vokoun: 3 playoff wins (again, has not won a series.)

And you, my friend, just lost this playoff series in the game of logic.


Last edited by infidelappel*: 05-19-2011 at 01:17 AM.
infidelappel* is offline  
Old
05-19-2011, 07:37 AM
  #110
DUHockey9
Registered User
 
DUHockey9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hogwarts
Country: United States
Posts: 4,472
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loscar View Post
I would be more comfortable with these guys than with lundqvist, and i think that they are better goalies. I really hope that you let me think that....
You're allowed to think what you'd like, even though most would find it silly. However, you can't point to the playoffs as your reasoning when it proves otherwise, or at worst that it's not sufficient enough to draw a conclusion. So stick with the "it's just what I think" line of reasoning.

DUHockey9 is offline  
Old
05-19-2011, 09:06 AM
  #111
Pantokrator
Who's the clown?
 
Pantokrator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Semmes, Alabama
Country: Guatemala
Posts: 4,310
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Well, Lundqvist would cost you something like Richards +. That is why. You would have to overpay greatly to land any one of them other than, maybe, Kipper (who is old and wearing down).
Yeah, I can't see the Rangers or Buffalo would trade Miller of Lundqvist. It would create a gaping hole for either team.

Pantokrator is offline  
Old
05-19-2011, 09:09 AM
  #112
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline
 
CS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lumberton, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 13,984
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Well, Lundqvist would cost you something like Richards +. That is why. You would have to overpay greatly to land any one of them other than, maybe, Kipper (who is old and wearing down).
Theoretically Richards would cost you Lundqvist +.

We have hit a wall.

CS is offline  
Old
05-19-2011, 09:13 AM
  #113
BobbyClarkeFan16
Registered User
 
BobbyClarkeFan16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: London Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,870
vCash: 500
On the cnnsi.com Truth and Rumors section, they have a story posted that it will be Bryzgalov that the Flyers will target.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline  
Old
05-19-2011, 11:27 AM
  #114
kicksave27
Registered User
 
kicksave27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,247
vCash: 500
Of those five i wouldn't even want Brodeur or Backstrum. They aren't trading for a goalie anyway, they love their fwds too much. If the do get a goalie (which unfortunately isn't a %100 thing) it'll be Bryz or Vokoun. It's a shame that Clarke's "keep drafting goalies till you find one" plan didn't work out. Nor did his keep drafting Dmen until you find one work either.

kicksave27 is offline  
Old
05-19-2011, 10:16 PM
  #115
EverybodyLovesRay
Registered User
 
EverybodyLovesRay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 460
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by infidelappel View Post
Neither of them have won in the playoffs.

In fact, of the goalies you've listed above Lundqvist (Vokoun, Miller, Bryzgalov, Backstrom), Lundqvist has done well for himself in terms of playoff wins..

Miller: 25 playoff wins (has won 4 playoff series, ECF back to back years)
Lundqvist: 15 playoff wins (has won 2 playoff series, never advanced beyond semis)
Bryzgalov: 12 playoff wins (has won 1 playoff series)
Backstrom: 3 playoff wins (obviously, has not won a playoff series.)
Vokoun: 3 playoff wins (again, has not won a series.)

And you, my friend, just lost this playoff series in the game of logic.
I would take Bryz and Vokoun only because they are UFA's.
I dont think that it would be a good idea to take something other than UFA goalie.
And i did win, Miller > lundqvist. Next time i must use more smiley faces...

EverybodyLovesRay is offline  
Old
05-20-2011, 08:48 AM
  #116
infidelappel*
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,507
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loscar View Post
I would take Bryz and Vokoun only because they are UFA's.
I dont think that it would be a good idea to take something other than UFA goalie.
And i did win, Miller > lundqvist. Next time i must use more smiley faces...
How did you win, even remotely? Of the 4 you listed above Lundqvist, only one was actually better at your stated criteria (winning in the playoffs). The rest were demonstrably worse.

I think you should just stick with the argument that you irrationally dislike Lundqvist, because otherwise your stance is more or less indefensible.

infidelappel* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:57 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.