HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Trade Proposal Thread ‎2011 (part 6)

View Poll Results: Who would you trade for Kyle Turris?
Brendan Gallagher 1 3.57%
Nathan Beaulieu 0 0%
Lars Eller 1 3.57%
Alexander Avtsin & Michael Bournival 2 7.14%
Louis Leblanc & Yannick Weber 4 14.29%
Two first round picks 0 0%
One first round and two (or three) second round picks 0 0%
Nope! Ain't gonna do it. 20 71.43%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
05-08-2011, 10:06 AM
NLHabsFan

vCash: 500
Got this from the main board.

Would you trade Andrei Kostitsyn to the Pen's for Tangradi and a 2nd Round Pick?

Do you think it is fair value or would the Habs be better off keeping Kostitsyn.

Old
05-10-2011, 04:28 PM
Bieber fever

To MTL :J.Boll+3rd

To Columbus : Pouliot+White

Old
05-10-2011, 08:24 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLHabsFan View Post

Would you trade Andrei Kostitsyn to the Pen's for Tangradi and a 2nd Round Pick?

Do you think it is fair value or would the Habs be better off keeping Kostitsyn.
I'd do it. I always have trouble coming down off the fence about AK. He makes it hard for us to do that. Per the main board, I'd have considered just Tangradi, so getting the extra 2nd makes it a go for me.

I don't hate on AK or anything. It's just that if he's going to be a 20/20 kind of player and show up in about half the games in a season (even allowing for the Martin factor), then he's not really making a big impact for us. Even a gritty player with far lesser skills like Glencross or Ward would help the team as much (in different ways). So if I moved AK, and used his salary on paying a premium price to a good gritty role player on the free agent market, it would feel like an overall win to get a 2nd and a good big-body prospect like Tangradi in the bargain.

Old
05-13-2011, 12:14 PM
lancelot

there is so many factors to consider before you make a trade, and gauthier knows that if they trade PK he will loose his job in a second, MTL doesnt have to make big names trades to go to the next level, they need to stay healty, sign yemelin and arthyukin get rid of pouliot and bring on max talbot

Old
05-13-2011, 02:46 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancelot View Post
there is so many factors to consider before you make a trade, and gauthier knows that if they trade PK he will loose his job in a second, MTL doesnt have to make big names trades to go to the next level, they need to stay healty, sign yemelin and arthyukin get rid of pouliot and bring on max talbot
Why would he even consider trading PK. Fired and never ever hired by another NHL team

Old
05-13-2011, 02:51 PM
juve

Mtl:

-Kostitsyn
-Kristo
-A pick or another prospect if needed

CBJ:

-Filatov

Old
05-13-2011, 03:05 PM
Prairie Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by juve View Post
Mtl:

-Kostitsyn
-Kristo

CBJ:

-Filatov
Is Filatov's value that much higher than AK's? I will have to check his numbers but I thought he was turning into quite the disappointment and they may be willing to trade him for a more established and reasy to help player like AK. Maybe AK + 2nd?

Old
05-13-2011, 03:08 PM
juve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairie Habs View Post
Is Filatov's value that much higher than AK's? I will have to check his numbers but I thought he was turning into quite the disappointment and they may be willing to trade him for a more established and reasy to help player like AK. Maybe AK + 2nd?
We don't know how BJ are valuing him. He shouldn't be too high.

I'd like to see this as a line.

Filatov-Eller-White Looks pretty good.

Old
05-13-2011, 03:38 PM
Miller Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLHabsFan View Post

assuming the team has "thrown in the towel" regarding Kost's ability to break out to the 25g+/60pt+ level, it's a good deal value-wise.

Pens get a solid top-6 winger with the talent to be much better (especially playing next to a Malkin or Crosby) who isn't a huge cap hit.

Habs get a big-body top-9 prospect, and a decent pick. and free up a bit of cap space to work with in re-building the defense and adjusting the forward group.

but even though the value is there, i don't like it for the habs given the situation.

I really don't think we'll be able to replace Kost's production (as inconsistent as it is) in the UFA market for less than the ~3.5M$ he'll earn, plus, there isn't a particularly compelling group of UFA wingers to consider...

Laich? Gagne? Upshall? Glencross?... to actually improve the team up front, we'd have to be ADDING one of those names to the existing group, not replacing our biggest body and most talented RW'er.

So i would do it only IF other moves were already made or in the works to otherwise improve the top-9 group of wingers.

Old
05-14-2011, 08:54 AM
zaluty

I would do the AK trade. Like a previous poster said he is on the fence with AK so am I. You know he can give you more points and he is way more skilled than Tangradi but when will he show it on a consistent basis? The 2nd round pick also is the straw that made me what to do this trade.

Old
05-16-2011, 01:15 AM
Habitant le colon

value of Martin Hanzal and Radim Vrbata

knowing that Gomez could be sent somewhere ... Why don't we try Phoenix ? With Jovo kicking out Withney too, they will look for a change ... Is Gomez + Ak46 + Kristo is enough to grab both of Hanzal and Vrbata or should I add Mtl 1st 2011 too !?

Old
05-16-2011, 01:24 AM
Bieber fever

counter offer :

To the Trade thread : Your proposal

Old
05-16-2011, 06:35 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitant le colon View Post
knowing that Gomez could be sent somewhere ... Why don't we try Phoenix ? With Jovo kicking out Withney too, they will look for a change ... Is Gomez + Ak46 + Kristo is enough to grab both of Hanzal and Vrbata or should I add Mtl 1st 2011 too !?
Vrbata is a UFA.

Old
05-18-2011, 11:32 AM
habsrule22

NJ 4 th overall pick

what would NJ want for the 4 th pick, You would think that with there cap situation, that they would want players, prospect that are cheap and can play now. It may not make sense for them to use the pick and not be abke to play him in the NHL because of his salary ( with bonus). They may not be able to fit him in under the cap. They have to sign Parise and maybe this is Brodeur last year. Can they afford to miss the play offs again (turn out at their arena wasn t very good). Probably why theypushed so hard to sign Kovalchuk - fill their arena.

Last edited by habsrule22: 05-18-2011 at 11:39 AM.
Old
05-18-2011, 12:05 PM
TheBuriedHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsrule22 View Post
what would NJ want for the 4 th pick, You would think that with there cap situation, that they would want players, prospect that are cheap and can play now. It may not make sense for them to use the pick and not be abke to play him in the NHL because of his salary ( with bonus). They may not be able to fit him in under the cap. They have to sign Parise and maybe this is Brodeur last year. Can they afford to miss the play offs again (turn out at their arena wasn t very good). Probably why theypushed so hard to sign Kovalchuk - fill their arena.
If I was NJ i'd ask for Subban. So no to that. They will probably be happy picking who ever is there.

Old
05-18-2011, 01:12 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
No. They will draft a kickass centreman and sign him on the cheap til the ELC expires and make the playoffs just fine.

Old
05-18-2011, 02:43 PM
habsrule22

Nj has 7m of cap space at the moment, with 17 players signed. The big player to sign is Parise. He will eat a big chunk of that, leaving little for the other players. If the 4 th over pick was to play in Nj. He would be looking at a 2-3m salary (with bonuses). leaving next to nothing for the other 4 players. The other option is to leave that draft pick in the minors and go with what they have ( which didn t make the play offs) and hope that the team the performed great in second half continues to do so. Brodeur is not getting any younger.

Old
05-18-2011, 02:50 PM
TheBuriedHab

Quote:
Nj has 7m of cap space at the moment, with 17 players signed. The big player to sign is Parise. He will eat a big chunk of that, leaving little for the other players. If the 4 th over pick was to play in Nj. He would be looking at a 2-3m salary (with bonuses). leaving next to nothing for the other 4 players. The other option is to leave that draft pick in the minors and go with what they have ( which didn t make the play offs) and hope that the team the performed great in second half continues to do so. Brodeur is not getting any younger.
Your forgetting the cap increase by 3 million. Lou is a smart guy, im sure he will find a different way other than trading a lottery pick to fit under the cap.

Old
05-18-2011, 03:51 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Devils would probably ask for Subban in return which they can dream. The Devils can use that pick and still be a great team next year, I'd probably target the Islanders pick if Couturier is still available

Old
05-19-2011, 08:51 AM
Estimated_Prophet

I don't see how Weber fits into the plans with the acquistion of Diaz. I suspect Gauthier will try and acquire a 2nd round pick for Weber.....possible a trade with the Islanders to reacquire the 2nd from the Wisniewski trade.

Old
05-19-2011, 08:58 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estimated_Prophet View Post
I don't see how Weber fits into the plans with the acquistion of Diaz. I suspect Gauthier will try and acquire a 2nd round pick for Weber.....possible a trade with the Islanders to reacquire the 2nd from the Wisniewski trade.
Weber is a known entity right now, Diaz is just a prospect. I can't see moving Weber until the point where Diaz might prove that he can handle a similar role. If we were to trade Weber, I think he'd be worth closer to a late 1st(though this is a deep draft) than a 2nd rounder. He has nice upside, cheap contract and is NHL ready, similar situation to Eller, those players carry a lot of value because they are very cap friendly.

Old
05-19-2011, 09:10 AM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
Originally Posted by juve View Post
Mtl:

-Kostitsyn
-Kristo

CBJ:

-Filatov
At this point I'd consider Kostitsyn to have more value than Filatov. For all his faults, Andrei is a legit top-six forward. With the way Filatov's career has been going it will be years before he's of that impact, if he makes it at all. The habs are in their competitive window for the next 2-3 years with young and cheap Subban Price and others to go along with the established veteran core (Plekanec Cammaleri, Gionta, Markov).

Old
05-19-2011, 09:17 AM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Weber is a known entity right now, Diaz is just a prospect. I can't see moving Weber until the point where Diaz might prove that he can handle a similar role. If we were to trade Weber, I think he'd be worth closer to a late 1st(though this is a deep draft) than a 2nd rounder. He has nice upside, cheap contract and is NHL ready, similar situation to Eller, those players carry a lot of value because they are very cap friendly.
I hear what you are saying but even without Diaz inthe picture Weber will still have a very difficult time getting into the lineup. Our pipeline is really starting to dry up and this is a great draft year for projected 2nd round picks. Weber is a nice asset, but he has a redundant skill set on this club. Gauthier seems to believe that Diaz is ready to play in the NHL and Weber probably has decent trade value right now.

I don't think PG envisions a roster with Markov, Subban, Weber and Diaz as regulars.

Old
05-19-2011, 09:24 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estimated_Prophet View Post
I hear what you are saying but even without Diaz inthe picture Weber will still have a very difficult time getting into the lineup. Our pipeline is really starting to dry up and this is a great draft year for projected 2nd round picks. Weber is a nice asset, but he has a redundant skill set on this club. Gauthier seems to believe that Diaz is ready to play in the NHL and Weber probably has decent trade value right now.

I don't think PG envisions a roster with Markov, Subban, Weber and Diaz as regulars.
Where do you get that Gauthier thinks Diaz will jump directly into the NHL? He may never develop into a regular, there is always the risk that a player of his style and size doesn't adjust well to NA.

Weber is not redundant in the sense that top teams have more than 2 skilled d-men. I think if he is given the chance next year(Wisniewski walks) Weber will be getting #4-5 minutes and PP time. He's very smart with and without the puck, and his defensive game has come a long way.

I don't think we are in a position to trade young d-men, if we trade anybody for a pick it will be Pouliot or AK.

Old
05-19-2011, 09:32 AM
windycity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I don't think we are in a position to trade young d-men, if we trade anybody for a pick it will be Pouliot or AK.
Pouliot has little value and trading AK would leave a big hole in our top 6 no matter how frustrating we find him.

Closed Thread