HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GM Mode - Habs 2011-2012

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-19-2011, 12:43 AM
  #951
NewHabsEra*
 
NewHabsEra*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 10,695
vCash: 500
Cammalleri Plekanec Laich

Gionta Gomez MaxPac

Palushaj Eller Kostitsyn

Darche Desharnais/Konopka Moen

extra: White

Markov Bieksa

Diaz Subban

Gorges Weber/Spacek

I really doubt Yemelin will make the team, he has too much to work on, I agree with whitesnake about him playing too passive, not moving his legs enough and needs alot of work on his positioning, so he has a clause that he can go back in the KHL if cut.. Well he will be cut..

On another side I think Diaz is much more ready than people think.. I expect him to adapt quickly and make the team..

NewHabsEra* is offline  
Old
05-19-2011, 12:51 AM
  #952
Ozymandias
#firetherrien
 
Ozymandias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsauce514 View Post
lol at people who think PG will bring toughness.

It was Gainey who traded for Mara and Sopel...

Ozymandias is offline  
Old
05-19-2011, 06:28 AM
  #953
Habitant le colon
Registered User
 
Habitant le colon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 989
vCash: 500
trade: Kostitsyn,Weber,3rd 2011 for Martin Erat
sign: Zenon Konopka!

goaltender:
Price(2.750)
Auld(1.000)
[3.750]

Def:
Markov (6)/Subban(0.875)
Wisnieski(4.5)/Gorges(2.250)
Spacek (3.833)/Diaz(0.810)
Gill(1.500)/Emelin(0.984)
[20.752]

attack:
sugery: Eller(1.271)/Darche(0.600)
extra: Palushaj(0.883)
4th:
Deharnais(0.875)/ Engqvist(0.900)/ Pyatt(0.650)
3rd: Moen(1.500)/ Konopka(1.500)/ White(0.850)
2nd: Gionta(5.000)/ Gomez(7.357)/ Pacioretty(1.375)
1st: Cammalleri(6.000)/ Plekanec(5.000)/ Erat(4.500)
[38.311]
g+d+a={62.813}!!!


Last edited by Habitant le colon: 05-19-2011 at 06:38 AM.
Habitant le colon is offline  
Old
05-19-2011, 06:35 AM
  #954
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,817
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitant le colon View Post
trade: Kostitsyn,Weber,3rd 2011 for Martin Erat
sign: Zenon Konopka!

goaltender:
Price(2.750)
Auld(1.000)
[3.750]

Def:
Markov (6)/Subban(0.875)
Wisnieski(4.5)/Gorges(2.250)
Spacek (3.833)/Diaz(0.810)
Gill(1.500)/Emelin(0.984)
[20.752]
p1/2
Don't get me wrong, I like Erat as a player, but I can't see giving up Weber, who is cheap and has nice upside, for a guy putting up 20G and 50 points a year making 4.5 mil. We can sign guys as good or better on the UFA market and keep our assets. You could argue that AK is as good as him and will have a lower cap hit and probably only a 1 year contract(Erat is signed for the next 4 years).

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
05-19-2011, 06:43 AM
  #955
Habitant le colon
Registered User
 
Habitant le colon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 989
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Don't get me wrong, I like Erat as a player, but I can't see giving up Weber, who is cheap and has nice upside, for a guy putting up 20G and 50 points a year making 4.5 mil. We can sign guys as good or better on the UFA market and keep our assets. You could argue that AK is as good as him and will have a lower cap hit and probably only a 1 year contract(Erat is signed for the next 4 years).
the contract or Erat its the why of Weber. If i try Ak its for inconstancy and i want a real worker. I know he's not the best but i want an all around player to complete mister Mike sniper Cammalleri! This is a depth team not a stellar one! DIAZ WILL STEAL Weber spot Imo!

Habitant le colon is offline  
Old
05-19-2011, 07:15 AM
  #956
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,817
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitant le colon View Post
the contract or Erat its the why of Weber. If i try Ak its for inconstancy and i want a real worker. I know he's not the best but i want an all around player to complete mister Mike sniper Cammalleri! This is a depth team not a stellar one! DIAZ WILL STEAL Weber spot Imo!

Erat is just as inconsistant as AK, so that would be a dumb reason to overpay for him. He had months of 3 points(2) and months of 12 and 15, he is very streaky.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
05-19-2011, 07:23 AM
  #957
crazyd
Canada is hockey
 
crazyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,088
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Erat is just as inconsistant as AK, so that would be a dumb reason to overpay for him. He had months of 3 points(2) and months of 12 and 15, he is very streaky.
Simply put, most 50ish point forwards are streaky. These are players that need a role to play within for them to have consistency. A consistent role to play in. As soon as you sligthly change his play...streak galore...

AK is just fine. Not what was expected considering his draft rank. No he cannot connect the dots of all his capabilities day in and day out. Nonetheless, he has value in any NHL roster.

Play him on the 3rd with PP on a depth roster and he will become the player he can be.

crazyd is offline  
Old
05-19-2011, 08:27 AM
  #958
SB164
Registered User
 
SB164's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: MTL
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,273
vCash: 500
My friend made this lineup, I think it's pretty solid, tell me what you guys think.

Brooks Laich ($4,500,000) Tomas Plekanec ($5,000,000) Mike Cammalleri ($6,000,000)

Max Pacioretty ($910,000) Scott Gomez ($7,357,143) Brian Gionta ($5,000,000)

Andrei Kostitsyn ($3,250,000) Lars Eller ($1,270,833) David Desharnais ($550,000)

Travis Moen ($1,500,000) Zenon Konopka ($1,000,000) Ryan White ($850,000)

Mathieu Darche ($500,000)


Andrei Markov ($6,000,000) Alexei Yemelin ($984,200)

Hal Gill ($1,750,000) P.K. Subban ($875,000)

Josh Gorges ($3,500,000) Raphael Diaz ($900,000)

Jaroslav Spacek ($3,833,333) Yannick Weber ($1,500,000)


Carey Price ($2,750,000) Alex Auld (1,000,000)


Buyouts: Georges Laraque ($500,000)

ROSTER SIZE 23
SALARY CAP $63,000,000
CAP PAYROLL $61,280,509
BONUSES $400,000
CAP SPACE $1,719,491

SB164 is offline  
Old
05-19-2011, 08:36 AM
  #959
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,817
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
My friend made this lineup, I think it's pretty solid, tell me what you guys think.

Brooks Laich ($4,500,000) Tomas Plekanec ($5,000,000) Mike Cammalleri ($6,000,000)

Max Pacioretty ($910,000) Scott Gomez ($7,357,143) Brian Gionta ($5,000,000)

Andrei Kostitsyn ($3,250,000) Lars Eller ($1,270,833) David Desharnais ($550,000)

Travis Moen ($1,500,000) Zenon Konopka ($1,000,000) Ryan White ($850,000)

Mathieu Darche ($500,000)


Andrei Markov ($6,000,000) Alexei Yemelin ($984,200)

Hal Gill ($1,750,000) P.K. Subban ($875,000)

Josh Gorges ($3,500,000) Raphael Diaz ($900,000)

Jaroslav Spacek ($3,833,333) Yannick Weber ($1,500,000)


Carey Price ($2,750,000) Alex Auld (1,000,000)


Buyouts: Georges Laraque ($500,000)

ROSTER SIZE 23
SALARY CAP $63,000,000
CAP PAYROLL $61,280,509
BONUSES $400,000
CAP SPACE $1,719,491
In terms of the roster it makes a lot of sense...and the cap hits seem to make sense...though I don;t see Diaz starting the year ahead of Weber and Spacek, he'll need an adjustment period in the AHL before being NHL ready IMHO.

I can see Konopka being the biggest UFA bust. He brings very little skillwise and though his faceoff prowess is nice that's something that can come and go. I think we might be better off re-signing Halpern(much more productive and versatile player) and getting an enforcer on the wing(Eager Winchester Hordichuk Asham Boulton).

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
05-19-2011, 08:38 AM
  #960
habsrule22
Registered User
 
habsrule22's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Powassan, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,647
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
My friend made this lineup, I think it's pretty solid, tell me what you guys think.

Brooks Laich ($4,500,000) Tomas Plekanec ($5,000,000) Mike Cammalleri ($6,000,000)

Max Pacioretty ($910,000) Scott Gomez ($7,357,143) Brian Gionta ($5,000,000)

Andrei Kostitsyn ($3,250,000) Lars Eller ($1,270,833) David Desharnais ($550,000)

Travis Moen ($1,500,000) Zenon Konopka ($1,000,000) Ryan White ($850,000)

Mathieu Darche ($500,000)


Andrei Markov ($6,000,000) Alexei Yemelin ($984,200)

Hal Gill ($1,750,000) P.K. Subban ($875,000)

Josh Gorges ($3,500,000) Raphael Diaz ($900,000)

Jaroslav Spacek ($3,833,333) Yannick Weber ($1,500,000)


Carey Price ($2,750,000) Alex Auld (1,000,000)


Buyouts: Georges Laraque ($500,000)

ROSTER SIZE 23
SALARY CAP $63,000,000
CAP PAYROLL $61,280,509
BONUSES $400,000
CAP SPACE $1,719,491
Markov will closer to 5 than 6 because of his injuries and Gorges will probably come in sround 2.5.

habsrule22 is offline  
Old
05-19-2011, 08:58 AM
  #961
habsrule22
Registered User
 
habsrule22's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Powassan, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,647
vCash: 500
Cammalleri Plekanec Laich

Gionta Gomez MaxPac

Higgins Eller Kostitsyn

Darche Desharnais/Konopka Moen

extra: White

Markov Bieksa

Yemelin Subban

Gorges Weber/Spacek

Price MacIntyre

habsrule22 is offline  
Old
05-19-2011, 09:02 AM
  #962
Talks to Goalposts
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,622
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
My friend made this lineup, I think it's pretty solid, tell me what you guys think.

Brooks Laich ($4,500,000) Tomas Plekanec ($5,000,000) Mike Cammalleri ($6,000,000)

Max Pacioretty ($910,000) Scott Gomez ($7,357,143) Brian Gionta ($5,000,000)

Andrei Kostitsyn ($3,250,000) Lars Eller ($1,270,833) David Desharnais ($550,000)

Travis Moen ($1,500,000) Zenon Konopka ($1,000,000) Ryan White ($850,000)

Mathieu Darche ($500,000)


Andrei Markov ($6,000,000) Alexei Yemelin ($984,200)

Hal Gill ($1,750,000) P.K. Subban ($875,000)

Josh Gorges ($3,500,000) Raphael Diaz ($900,000)

Jaroslav Spacek ($3,833,333) Yannick Weber ($1,500,000)


Carey Price ($2,750,000) Alex Auld (1,000,000)


Buyouts: Georges Laraque ($500,000)

ROSTER SIZE 23
SALARY CAP $63,000,000
CAP PAYROLL $61,280,509
BONUSES $400,000
CAP SPACE $1,719,491
I like in general, but I'd use the extra capspace to look for someone better than Gill for the top-4 defense, I think that Gorges won't make more than 2.75, Weber will be under a million (he's with Desharnais, White, Pyatt etc. who will get low money and are playing to solidify themselves as NHLers) Diaz will be in Hamilton. Finally the Habs fan base's strange obsession with Konopka should be purged with fire (he's not very good, Halpern for example is far superior at playing hockey).

Talks to Goalposts is offline  
Old
05-19-2011, 09:45 AM
  #963
habsrule22
Registered User
 
habsrule22's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Powassan, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,647
vCash: 500
The way Bieksa is playing, he may have played himself out of Habs salary range. Markov will make 5.5m or less because of his injury filled couple of years. For the salary structure to work in Montreal, Bieksa would have to make less than Markov and the way Bieksa is playing. He might make close to 6m on the UFA market. Plan B might be Wiz and if we could get him for 4m or less. That might be the way to go. With a return to form of Markov, he could make Wiz look like an All Star. Look what he did for Komo.A defensive core of
Markov - Wiz
Yemelin - PK
Spacek - Gorges
Weber - Gill

Is a solid core.

habsrule22 is offline  
Old
05-19-2011, 09:54 AM
  #964
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,817
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsrule22 View Post
The way Bieksa is playing, he may have played himself out of Habs salary range. Markov will make 5.5m or less because of his injury filled couple of years. For the salary structure to work in Montreal, Bieksa would have to make less than Markov and the way Bieksa is playing. He might make close to 6m on the UFA market. Plan B might be Wiz and if we could get him for 4m or less. That might be the way to go. With a return to form of Markov, he could make Wiz look like an All Star. Look what he did for Komo.A defensive core of
Markov - Wiz
Yemelin - PK
Spacek - Gorges
Weber - Gill

Is a solid core.
I think a good plan B would be guys like Brewer, Hejda, Wallin or Ericsson.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
05-19-2011, 10:33 AM
  #965
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred
 
habs03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 4,693
vCash: 500
Cammy-Pleck-Arnott
Max-Gomez-Gio
kopecky-Eller-Fehr
Moen-DD-Darche

Ex:White/Pyatt

Trade Pouliot for assets to get Fehr, I don't think Fehr is working out well for the Caps. Also I know we are missing a RH Center to take draws on the right dot, but Arnott is a good faceoff man and is right hand shot, White also is decent on faceoffs.

Trade A.Kost, Spacek to the Kings for Matt Greene

Markov- Greene
Gill-Subban
Emelin-Gorges

extra Weber/Picard
Price
Hedberg

habs03 is offline  
Old
05-19-2011, 10:34 AM
  #966
Milosch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 44
vCash: 500
FORWARDS
Brooks Laich ($4.000m) / Tomas Plekanec ($5.000m) / Mike Cammalleri ($6.000m)
Max Pacioretty ($1.500m) / Scott Gomez ($7.357m) / Brian Gionta ($5.000m)
David Desharnais ($0.600m) / Lars Eller ($1.270m) / Andrei Kostitsyn ($3.250m)
Travis Moen ($1.500m) / Andreas Engqvist ($0.900m) / Ryan White ($0.600m)
Mathieu Darche ($0.500m)

DEFENSEMEN
Andrei Markov ($5.750m) / Alexei Yemelin ($0.984m)
Josh Gorges ($2.500m) / P.K. Subban ($0.875m)
Jaroslav Spacek ($3.833m) / James Wisniewski ($4.500m)
Yannick Weber ($0.600m)

GOALTENDERS
Carey Price ($2.750m) / Alex Auld ($1.000m)

BUYOUTS: Georges Laraque ($0.500m)

SALARY CAP: $62,000,000; CAP PAYROLL: $60,770,509; BONUSES: $400,000
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $1,229,491

Brooks Laich would be a very welcome addition, as he has shown he can score goals and has great size and strength to go into the corners. At $4M a year i think it is a fair value, but if you need to spend an extra $500,000 on him then i would say do it. The second line remains unchanged as we saw they have great chemistry and Max is similar to Brooks on the 1st line. DD has shown he can play in the NHL and can score. Having 2 centers on the third line isnt a bad option, incase Eller gets thrown out etc. I think having 2 playmakers like Eller and DD will allow AK to shoot more and get some nice looks. I think Andreas Engqvist has shown signs that he could fill in nicely as a 4th line center. He is very good defensively and brings a big body down the middle at 6'4" and around 200lbs. Having 2 gritty wingers in Moen and White will allow them to line up against larger lines and shut them down.

On defence we know Markov is a must, and with the signing of Emelin i think they are a must pairing. Emelin knows very little to no english and Markov can help him out and make up for his shortcomings, just like he did with Komisarek for many years. I believe PK and Gorges would be a nice shutdown line against other top lines, and they both can jump into the rush and score some timely goals. We all know Spacek isnt going anywhere with his contract, so putting him on the 3rd pairing and back onto his natural side will prove beneficial. Also Spacek is a good defensive defensemen and will make up for some of Wiz's bad pinches.

Milosch is offline  
Old
05-19-2011, 10:36 AM
  #967
Corncob
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,081
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
How can somebody be soooo stubborn about something like toughness when we spent the whole year intimidated, getting hit left and right, filled with big and small injuries that affected our best players and players who go back to the bench with their motivation lower then their jockstrap?!
Probably something to do with the bolded bits not actually happening.

If they had done, we would be having entertaining arguements now about whether the draft will bring Landeskog, Huburdeau or Couturier to Montreal.

Corncob is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:17 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.