HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings 2010-11 CHL and NCAA Prospect Update Thread

Closed Thread

Old
05-10-2011, 09:08 PM
MarcPiquesFan

vCash: 500
I think you guys might be interest on that : According to Stéphane Leroux (THE QMJHL journalist), J-F Bérubé will need a surgery for an hip injury. Leroux said this surgery will ask 4-to-6 months of convalescent. He also said he still in negotiations with the Kings.

Old
05-10-2011, 09:35 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

It was reported the only reason Kitsyn came over in the first place was because he wasn't getting playing time and his KHL team wasn't very good so it was basically to extend his season.

So unless he all of the sudden changed his mind he will go back to honor his KHL contract

Old
05-10-2011, 09:46 PM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcPiquesFan View Post
I think you guys might be interest on that : According to Stéphane Leroux (THE QMJHL journalist), J-F Bérubé will need a surgery for an hip injury. Leroux said this surgery will ask 4-to-6 months of convalescent. He also said he still in negotiations with the Kings.
Wow, 4-6 months is quite a bit of time. Best wishes to a speedy recovery for him.

Old
05-10-2011, 10:11 PM
KingLB

Yea, wonder if that might effect where he plays next year.

Old
05-10-2011, 10:37 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

When I talked with the good young Mr Kitsyn several times he alluded to how much he looked forward to being in Los Angeles this offseason and working out/playing with the rest of the Kings young players. I hadn't heard that he had decided to go back to his KHL team. He is that kind of a guy (to honor a contract) so I wouldn't be too shocked if he went home but then his ambition to be in the NHL is so strong I just assumed that he intended to go to L.A. after his jr's were done and then stick until after camp.

Old
05-11-2011, 11:59 PM
MarcPiquesFan

Wow... Olympiques just lost a 5 periods game marathon. Nicolas Deslauriers got tripped in his own zone, no ********ing call on the play and Saint-John scored. The crowd couldn't believe it. It was just unbelievably stupid. You can't blame Nick on the goal, the guy tripped him!!! What can he do?

BTW, I seriously hope your team won't get any players from Saint-John this year at the draft. Very good players, not good people. They have a boosted team this year because half of their player said they were going to play and the NCAA and at the draft, they told only to Saint-John they finally wanted to play in the QMJHL. And you wanna laugh? Top prospect Nathan Beaulieu told Washington prospect Stanislav Galiev today on Twitter that he reserved a golf course to celebrate the championship. They were only winning this series 2-1!!! Anyway, they are such a dishonor for the province and the League...

Old
05-12-2011, 12:03 AM
northernKing

Quote:
Wow... Olympiques just lost a 5 periods game marathon. Nicolas Deslauriers got tripped in his own zone, no ********ing call on the play and Saint-John scored. The crowd couldn't believe it. It was just unbelievably stupid. You can't blame Nick on the goal, the guy tripped him!!! What can he do?

BTW, I seriously hope your team won't get any players from Saint-John this year at the draft. Very good players, not good people. They have a boosted team this year because half of their player said they were going to play and the NCAA and at the draft, they told only to Saint-John they finally wanted to play in the QMJHL. And you wanna laugh? Top prospect Nathan Beaulieu told Washington prospect Stanislav Galiev today on Twitter that he reserved a golf course to celebrate the championship. They were only winning this series 2-1!!! Anyway, they are such a dishonor for the province and the League...
Funny I've heard Jonathan Huberdeau is a pretty good teammate and a solid kid! Maybe just pre draft hype! Also 4 assists for Galiev and no three star selection?

Old
05-12-2011, 11:29 AM
MarcPiquesFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nK View Post
Funny I've heard Jonathan Huberdeau is a pretty good teammate and a solid kid! Maybe just pre draft hype! Also 4 assists for Galiev and no three star selection?
He also cheated at the draft two years ago... Would he had the same behavior at Val D'Or or Baie-Comeau? Good question.

For Galiev, no 3 stars selection, not brcause he didn't play a good game... But because some dude scored the GW, the other one scored two goals and the last one made only 60 saves... #Pathetic

Old
05-12-2011, 12:01 PM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLB View Post
Yea, wonder if that might effect where he plays next year.
I'm thinking more along the lines of whether this means he won't be signing a ELC and will go back into the draft...

Old
05-12-2011, 02:39 PM
northernKing

Quote:
He also cheated at the draft two years ago... Would he had the same behavior at Val D'Or or Baie-Comeau? Good question.

For Galiev, no 3 stars selection, not brcause he didn't play a good game... But because some dude scored the GW, the other one scored two goals and the last one made only 60 saves... #Pathetic
Is that really cheating trying to go to where you want to play. I mean LA did the same kinda thing with Voinov and Loktionov. Its just inside information

Old
05-12-2011, 07:14 PM
MarcPiquesFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nK View Post
Is that really cheating trying to go to where you want to play. I mean LA did the same kinda thing with Voinov and Loktionov. Its just inside information
Yup it's cheating when what you do put some teams into though financial situation. Don't forget that Junior Leagues are suppose to be development Leagues and you can't develop anyone if you never face adversity or if you always face teams way too stronger imo...

Old
05-13-2011, 10:47 PM
MarcPiquesFan

Deslauriers and the Olympiques still alive! Nick got an assist and 2 hits in this game!

Old
05-16-2011, 12:35 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

dchesnokov Dmitry Chesnokov
#LAKings' prospect Maxim Kitsyn says he will most likely start the next season in the #KHL.

Old
05-16-2011, 02:27 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAkings20 View Post
dchesnokov Dmitry Chesnokov
#LAKings' prospect Maxim Kitsyn says he will most likely start the next season in the #KHL.
Replace Westgarth with him. Do it Dean

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Old
05-16-2011, 02:32 PM
MarcPiquesFan

Nicolas Deslauriers played like 40-50 minutes yesterday in a 2OT lost. He played like a beast and the fans here are very proud of him, like we are proud of every players.

Old
05-16-2011, 03:26 PM
driller1
Dry Island Reject

Quote:
Nicolas Deslauriers played like 40-50 minutes yesterday in a 2OT lost. He played like a beast and the fans here are very proud of him, like we are proud of every players.
Bummer. Is that the end of the series or is it 3-1?

Old
05-16-2011, 08:06 PM
MarcPiquesFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by driller1 View Post
Bummer. Is that the end of the series or is it 3-1?
No, that's the end. Saint-John won the series in 6 games (but they won two games in 2nd OT, so we can say they won in 7! ).

Deslauriers finished first for points by d-man
http://lhjmq.leaguestat.com/en/stats...ason=&confId=0

Old
05-18-2011, 05:04 PM
Lucky Luke

Deslauriers' performance in the QMJHL playoffs was exceptional.
His two-way play has improved significantly this season.
The Kings must sign Deslauriers.

Old
05-18-2011, 05:09 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Vey and Des will be signed pretty quick.

Old
05-19-2011, 01:28 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Tyler Toffoli has silenced his critic's at every level he has played. He took several scouts and scouting services to school after his less than stellar ranking in his draft year and has now established himself as one of the best young prospects in the game.

He scored 108 points this past season in only 68 games which was good enough to lead the OHL in scoring but in addition scored 57 goals which was also best in the league.

"These guys are my family, from coach on down and I couldn't do anything without all of them. We all win and lose together and I am lucky enough to be on this team" Said Toffoli at the end of his season with the 67's.

I asked his head coach Chris Byrne how much more development Tyler needed before he would consider him to be NHL ready and was told "all Tyler needs to do is work on developing his strength and conditioning so that he can compete physically against the bigger stronger competition and he will be set".

Coach Byrne then added, “This is going to be a big summer for Tyler. If he is able to get stronger and quicker which is possible then who knows? Of course if he doesn’t, I'd be more than happy to get him back here.”

As soon as he is ready Coach Byrne said that Tyler is one of the more complete players that he has seen come through in a long time. "At 6'2" 185lbs he is a handful to defend but his biggest attributes are in his offensive instincts, his vision , his timing and his exceptional shot".

I then asked Coach Byrne if he thought that Tyler was likely to develop into a sniper/finisher and he told me that he wouldn't limit his game to just one area.

"He (TT) has the hands to not only be a great finisher but he also has the vision to be a great passer," says Byrne. "His offensive game is so complete that he is likely to succeed no matter where you play him".

Toffoli is a natural right winger but has spent time at center, LW and succeeded everywhere he has played. "I think he (TT) will play wing in the NHL and while he would prefer the right side he plays just as well on the left" Coach Byrne said.

He also added "we experimented with Tyler playing point on the PP and he did a great job there too".

Toffoli is known to be a leader both on the ice and in the dressing room due to his steady, level nature. "He has come along way during the time that I have known him" said coach Byrne. "He is becoming a man and a good one at that".

When I asked coach Byrne who he would liken Toffoli to he said "I would have to say that Tyler is his own player, he's so good that he seems to be one of those guys who other players are compared to, not the other way around".

Finally he said "the Kings got this one perfectly right and have a great young player on their hands".

After his jr. season ended he went to play for the Monarchs where he tallied one goal in 6 games.

Where do I see TT next year? I hate to say it but I am one of the few who think that he should spend one more year down on the farm and then another call up for the playoffs.

If he came up this year I have no doubt that he would make it and do pretty well but after having seen a ton of him this past year to me he looks like a kid who is just about to become a superstar and I think that if you rush him you might take a chance at ruining something.

Give him that one more year and we will all be hailing TT as the the next great King kid. He is that good.

Old
05-19-2011, 01:44 AM
drugold
drunk, goals&swagger

vCash: 1015
I cant help but get excited over that. Thankyou very much!

Old
05-19-2011, 01:49 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

I made a thread for the tt post. welcome drugold

Old
05-19-2011, 11:39 AM
MarcPiquesFan

G J-F Bérubé just signed his first NHL contract! Wow! The Montréal Junior had an open camp a few years ago. The price of entrance was 50$. This is how the team discovered Bérubé!

A few years ago, he paid 50$ just for having a chance to impress a new junior team (the team moved from St.John's) and today, he has a NHL contract!

Great story, eh?

Old
05-19-2011, 12:08 PM
driller1
Dry Island Reject

Quote:
G J-F Bérubé just signed his first NHL contract! Wow! The Montréal Junior had an open camp a few years ago. The price of entrance was 50$. This is how the team discovered Bérubé!

A few years ago, he paid 50$ just for having a chance to impress a new junior team (the team moved from St.John's) and today, he has a NHL contract!

Great story, eh?

Old
05-19-2011, 12:28 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Link to the Berube signing.

www.rds.ca/lhjmq/chroniques/319932.html

Closed Thread