HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

HF Organizational Rankings (Rangers Ranked 7)

View Poll Results: Where will the Rangers wind up?
1-5 spot 7 7.61%
6-10 spot 42 45.65%
11-15 spot 37 40.22%
16-20 spot 6 6.52%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Old
05-18-2011, 07:01 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 910
Awards:
Seems high, but whatever.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2011, 08:26 PM
beastly115

vCash: 500
How come there was no mention of McIlrath? Did he not meet their criteria? Or is he just lower on our depth chart?

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2011, 08:28 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaqup View Post
How come there was no mention of McIlrath? Did he not meet their criteria? Or is he just lower on our depth chart?
Guess they're low on Mac.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2011, 08:33 PM
beastly115

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Guess they're low on Mac.
I just noticed he's #6 on our prospect ranking. Maybe they only covered the top 5? Ugh.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2011, 08:50 PM
Kel Varnsen
Below: Nash's Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy View Post
More like good job Gordie Clark! Hahaha
Good job Sather bringing in Gordie Clark!

Stop the BS and give the man credit when it's obviously due.

Kel Varnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2011, 09:14 AM
MSG the place to be*

Its striking how bad the overall prospect pool is league-wide. I know this because Brayden Schenn is considered the posterboy for the team with the best prospects.

MSG the place to be* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2011, 09:24 AM
azrok22

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG the place to be View Post
Its striking how bad the overall prospect pool is league-wide. I know this because Brayden Schenn is considered the posterboy for the team with the best prospects.
That is mostly to do with HF's definition of prospects. If you define prospect as, say, "all hockey players under the age of 21 (or 22, 23, etc.)" it's a much brighter group. Then, instead of Schenn being the top prospect, Stamkos suddenly is. The best young NHL prospects are able to jump right into the NHL.

azrok22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2011, 09:57 AM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
Brayden Schenn has never wowed me. I think the best case scenario for him is a good second liner. He plays with a little bit of an edge and people have orgasms over it.

ColonialsHockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2011, 11:45 AM
MSG the place to be*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
Brayden Schenn has never wowed me. I think the best case scenario for him is a good second liner. He plays with a little bit of an edge and people have orgasms over it.
Yea but you gotta respect all those points he put up in Canada's 15-0 wins.

MSG the place to be* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2011, 12:41 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

I agree, I never bought into the Schenn hype. He can be a good player but I don't know why some are sold on him being a sure fire elite first liner, which is what a bunch of people who wanted to trade Gaborik to LA kept saying.

Old
05-19-2011, 12:49 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
Yea but you gotta respect all those points he put up in Canada's 15-0 wins.
Love how he much credit he got in those games. Then when it matters, like Brayden Schenn always does, he's nowhere to be found.

"Bu-but, he hits sometimes! And on face offs he wacks the other player's stick! He's so intense!"

Old
05-19-2011, 12:54 PM
allstar3970

Quote:
It's almost an hf rule, any player with offensive skill plus a physical side gets pushed up to levels beyond what they are.

Of course physicality is an amazing trait to have to go along with skill, but especially here in Ranger Land, so much premium is put on "grit" and an "edge" that it pushes up people like Dustin Brown (who I like) to levels of "omg omg would do anything to have him" that they may not necessarily warrant.

allstar3970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2011, 12:57 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
Originally Posted by allstar3970 View Post
It's almost an hf rule, any player with offensive skill plus a physical side gets pushed up to levels beyond what they are.

Of course physicality is an amazing trait to have to go along with skill, but especially here in Ranger Land, so much premium is put on "grit" and an "edge" that it pushes up people like Dustin Brown (who I like) to levels of "omg omg would do anything to have him" that they may not necessarily warrant.
True, but Brayden Schenn isn't even THAT physical. He plays with some sand paper, like Werek does.

Old
05-19-2011, 12:57 PM
JeffMangum
Registered Ab-user

Quote:
Originally Posted by allstar3970 View Post

Don't even get me started on Brown. He's a good player, but people drape him with undeserved praise. He's also an Olympic diver.

05-19-2011, 01:21 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Dustin Brown is a great second line player.

That's really it, though.

Either way, yeah. I don't see Schenn living up to the expectations of a lot of people.

Old
05-19-2011, 01:43 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
But, according to the thread on the Prospects regarding this ranking, Chris Kreider is the most overrated prospect on HF.

jas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2011, 01:49 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
But, according to the thread on the Prospects regarding this ranking, Chris Kreider is the most overrated prospect on HF.

Brayden Schenn can make his claim to fame on beating up on lesser WJC teams, but when Kreider looks great with adults in the WC nobody cares because his stats aren't inflated. Times like that I would like Kreider to back to BC and dominate playing top line and 1st PP unit minutes all year, but i'd much rather him learn the pro game.

I never venture out of this forum because I can't stand other fanbases except a few.

Old
05-19-2011, 01:54 PM
JimmyStart*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Brayden Schenn can make his claim to fame on beating up on lesser WJC teams, but when Kreider looks great with adults in the WC nobody cares because his stats aren't inflated. Times like that I would like Kreider to back to BC and dominate playing top line and 1st PP unit minutes all year, but i'd much rather him learn the pro game.

I never venture out of this forum because I can't stand other fanbases except a few.
It's prob a mix of normal people playing scout and they can't figure out stuff beyond numbers and he doesn't score a ton in NCAA. That second thing is hugely important yet it's prob still overrated. Prospects are all about potential and he definitely has huge potential.

JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2011, 01:56 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post

Yet every time they play together at the same level, Kreider looks better then Schenn.

Old
05-31-2011, 08:22 PM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

Updated HF Organizational Rankings

Rangers come in at #7 (sorry I didn't know if this deserved it's own thread or not)

Quote:
Strengths: The Rangers have excellent forward prospects, led by 2009 first round draft selection Chris Kreider. In addition to three diminutive snipers, including Chris Thomas, Ryan Bourque and Mats Zuccarello, the Rangers also have Carl Hagelin and Roman Horak, each of whom is expected to be a third-line contributor. New York's recent drafting and one trade with Montreal in 2009 have also brought some excellent defensive prospects into the organization, with Ryan McDonagh already contributing at the NHL level, and Pavel Valentenko and Tomas Kundratek no more than a year away. Weaknesses: The Rangers are weak in goaltending prospects, with only two free agents and a junior netminder in the organization. None of those netminders projects to be a number one goaltender in the NHL, and there are questions whether any of them will even be able to serve as an NHL backup in the coming years. Top 5 Prospects: 1. Chris Kreider, LW, 2. Ryan McDonagh, D, 3. Christian Thomas, RW, 4. Evgeny Grachev, C, 5. Mats Zuccarello, LW. Lost to graduation: Derek Stepan, Michael Sauer

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/nhl_organisation_rankings/

Rest of the top 10:
1. Kings
2. Panthers
3. Predators
4. Blue Jackets
5. Blues
6. Islanders
7. Rangers
8. Ducks
9. Leafs
10. Oilers

Stugots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 02:29 AM
Gardner McKay
Niles, Pls.

vCash: 50
Whats so funny about these rankings... and why I might even call them slightly B.S. or half-assed... is they ALL have the same exact weakness just worded differently: "Lacking elite talent", "Lacking top line talent" "Some second, but no first line talent" I feel like I read that description for all 30 teams.

Gardner McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 11:09 AM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

Isles #6 and the Rangers #7 they are Tankers and we are Winners...gotta love it!!!

All hail the Great Gordie Clark!!! and the General Jim Schoenfeld!!

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 11:27 AM
LetsGoBlueshirts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolskii View Post
Whats so funny about these rankings... and why I might even call them slightly B.S. or half-assed... is they ALL have the same exact weakness just worded differently: "Lacking elite talent", "Lacking top line talent" "Some second, but no first line talent" I feel like I read that description for all 30 teams.
Yeah, that is quite annoying. If a prospect has first line talent they are developing in the NHL.

LetsGoBlueshirts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2011, 04:41 PM
brfeldman

Now that Erixon is in the mix where do we stand now?

brfeldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2011, 01:29 AM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

I think the Rangers are realistically a top-5 team now. They are definitely ahead of the Isles with the addition of Erixon.

The Rangers just added their #1 or #2 best prospect for a guy (Horak) who was ranked #14.

How many teams can boast of having Erixon, McDonagh, McIlrath, Valentenko, Kundratek, Pashnin... and that's just on defense.

Kreider, Zuccarello, Thomas, Fasth, Grachev, Hagelin, plus lesser guys like Lindberg, Bourque, Weise, Yogan.

I think the Rangers are easily a top-5 team.

I would assume that we will drop off next year, but I have assumed that several years in a row now, and Slats/Clarke keep pulling rabbits out of a hat, whether by drafting guys like Stepan or by acquiring guys like McDonagh and Erixon.

Whatever happens next year, the cupboard certainly seems full right now.

I assume McDonagh graduates by the next HF organizational rankings, but the addition of Erixon should keep the Rangers in the top-10 once again.

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote