HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Radulov

Old
05-18-2011, 03:32 PM
SmokeyClause

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Yeah... every time I hear a news story out of Russia that contradicts something I heard in our own media I'm pretty skeptical, but I'd imagine it's the same in other countries when they hear news out of the US that contradicts something they've read or heard locally. I don't hate Russia, I just don't trust them to actually be truthful with something important so why would they be truthful with something so minor as a hockey player/team?
Yes, many people around the world distrust the U.S. and its media. But I think that's driven more by unfounded theories and conspiracies, often espoused by their own, more corrupt, government, than by reality, which is supported by the CPI that I previously referenced, which considers the U.S. significantly less corrupt than most countries (though more corrupt than Canada and Scandinavia). The CPI is independent of the U.S. and confirms your approach to Russia.

SmokeyClause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2011, 04:35 PM
tserberis*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause View Post
Yes, many people around the world distrust the U.S. and its media. But I think that's driven more by unfounded theories and conspiracies, often espoused by their own, more corrupt, government, than by reality, which is supported by the CPI that I previously referenced, which considers the U.S. significantly less corrupt than most countries (though more corrupt than Canada and Scandinavia). The CPI is independent of the U.S. and confirms your approach to Russia.
Quit a bit of politics...

First of all, the person that trust government is not a smart person.
Government never says the truth, only what people need to know.

tserberis* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2011, 05:02 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by tserberis View Post
Quit a bit of politics...

First of all, the person that trust government is not a smart person.
Government never says the truth, only what people need to know.
I second this x1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2011, 05:19 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
You two sound like Fox Mulder. I'm not a big fan of any government either, but when you consider how much your typical American relies on the government (SEC, FDA, FBI, FDIC etc.), I'd say they are generally trustworthy. Politicians will always have issues as they are incentivized to profit off their position. It is too corrupt for my liking, and it is horribly inefficient as a means of capital distribution.

But if you truly don't trust the government for anything, as you are saying, tserberis, you live a miserable life where you are forced to cook your own food that you killed with your own handmade tools and live in a house built by hand from lumber you cut down. My guess is that you place a lot more faith in it than you even realize, whether you like it or not.

SmokeyClause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2011, 05:45 PM
Firestorm

Quote:
You two sound like Fox Mulder. I'm not a big fan of any government either, but when you consider how much your typical American relies on the government (SEC, FDA, FBI, FDIC etc.), I'd say they are generally trustworthy. Politicians will always have issues as they are incentivized to profit off their position. It is too corrupt for my liking, and it is horribly inefficient as a means of capital distribution.

But if you truly don't trust the government for anything, as you are saying, tserberis, you live a miserable life where you are forced to cook your own food that you killed with your own handmade tools and live in a house built by hand from lumber you cut down. My guess is that you place a lot more faith in it than you even realize, whether you like it or not.
The job of a politician is as under-appreciated as sports refereeing. These guys:

-Work long hard hours (away from the family)
-Deal with stupid people (the constituents)
-Deal with the media (out to get them)
-Deal with drafting legislation (dotting the Is and crossing the Ts)
-Travel everywhere, making speeches, kissing babies.

They do that, but people still crap on them for being corrupt and not doing enough for the people.

Firestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2011, 06:53 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAnotherHockeyFan View Post
The job of a politician is as under-appreciated as sports refereeing. These guys:

-Work long hard hours (away from the family)
-Deal with stupid people (the constituents)
-Deal with the media (out to get them)
-Deal with drafting legislation (dotting the Is and crossing the Ts)
-Travel everywhere, making speeches, kissing babies.

They do that, but people still crap on them for being corrupt and not doing enough for the people.
We need to stop discussing politics in this thread...

I am only quoting your post because it was the last one, not calling you out or anything.

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2011, 06:56 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetimo View Post
We need to stop discussing politics in this thread...

I am only quoting your post because it was the last one, not calling you out or anything.
Agreed.

If you would like to discuss politics there is a board for that, but it is off limits on the team forums...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2011, 11:26 PM
tserberis*

Quote:

???
I guess G does it all for me? I don't see how is that connected to what G says to people...

I own all seasons of "The X Files" by the way...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAnotherHockeyFan View Post

-Work long hard hours (away from the family) Are you sure??? Or did they tell you that?
-Deal with stupid people (the constituents) They love it, easier to fool stupid. The whole nation is getting dumber and fatter. Way to go G... Don't you think it is easier to control dumb and fat
-Deal with the media (out to get them)Yeah, that is pain in the ass for everybody, if not for media, the would go all out...
-Deal with drafting legislation (dotting the Is and crossing the Ts) I thought that the job for interns and volunteers. I live by DC.
-Travel everywhere, making speeches, kissing babies. That is the best part! Travel for free, see all the world, meeting new people and feel important when people listen to you with open mouths. Kissing "Babies" and what goes along with it...

Dont be so naive. They dont go there because they want to be heroes, they go there because they want to have power, money, option to lobby the laws for their business and control the situation.
Fixed for ya.

Tell this guy who works long hard hours...

Last edited by tserberis*: 05-18-2011 at 11:45 PM.
Old
05-18-2011, 11:37 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Ok well... sorry. I didn't mean to derail the thread into political discussion. Just giving my opinion on the trustworthiness of information coming out of Russia about this situation.

Back on topic, if Radulov decides to leave and has to buy his way out of the contract, does the organization promise, without promising, to reimburse him in the first couple of years of his extension?

ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2011, 11:54 PM
tserberis*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Ok well... sorry. I didn't mean to derail the thread into political discussion. Just giving my opinion on the trustworthiness of information coming out of Russia about this situation.

Back on topic, if Radulov decides to leave and has to buy his way out of the contract, does the organization promise, without promising, to reimburse him in the first couple of years of his extension?
For that to happen he'll need to sign extension before coming over here, after July 1.

But i dont think he needs to buy his contract out, I am 95% sure his contract has some clause about NHL.

Old
05-19-2011, 03:12 AM
DManPreds11

Quote:
Originally Posted by lstcyr View Post
Why do you think Trotz doesn't want a 30 goal scorer?

Because in Trotz mind he gives up that many goals to opposing teams on his lack of defense on the ice. To me (IMO) from what Trotz has said in the past interviews when talking about Radu, it seemed like he was always quick to get on Radulov about his lack of defensive responsibilities.

DManPreds11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2011, 07:12 AM
lstcyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by DManPreds11 View Post
Because in Trotz mind he gives up that many goals to opposing teams on his lack of defense on the ice. To me (IMO) from what Trotz has said in the past interviews when talking about Radu, it seemed like he was always quick to get on Radulov about his lack of defensive responsibilities.

So, Trotz seems to be consistent with how he handles all the young players. "You have to play defense also."

lstcyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2011, 08:27 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by lstcyr View Post
So, Trotz seems to be consistent with how he handles all the young players. "You have to play defense also."
The last part of that statement, truncated above, is

"Even if it means you sacrifice any offensive ability you may naturally have."

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2011, 01:30 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
The last part of that statement, truncated above, is

"Even if it means you sacrifice any offensive ability you may naturally have."

ah the neverending debate.

the counter to this of course is if the only reason you are offensively gifted is because you cherry pick and dont even try to play defense then what good is that?

the really offensiveley gifted players can score their goals and still not be a total liability on defense.

the others dont last long unless they score 40-50 per year.

PredsV82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2011, 01:54 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
ah the neverending debate.

the counter to this of course is if the only reason you are offensively gifted is because you cherry pick and dont even try to play defense then what good is that?

the really offensiveley gifted players can score their goals and still not be a total liability on defense.

the others dont last long unless they score 40-50 per year.
I think the team and the environment play a lot into it. If say, Radulov were to play with Fisher and Kostitsyn, for example's sake...you've got two guys that are defensively responsible enough to cover any shakiness Radulov has. I think you have to be smart about the lines you use, situations, etc...but I think there are certain players you just have to give license to do their thing. Even if all Radulov does is support the man on the wall in his own end, the payoff is too great to sweat it.

Besides, the frustrating thing is that veteran players tend to get a pass from Trotz on this subject...like...you've paid your dues, Arnie\JP\Paul, don't you worry about backchecking.

Old
05-19-2011, 02:28 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
I think the team and the environment play a lot into it. If say, Radulov were to play with Fisher and Kostitsyn, for example's sake...you've got two guys that are defensively responsible enough to cover any shakiness Radulov has. I think you have to be smart about the lines you use, situations, etc...but I think there are certain players you just have to give license to do their thing. Even if all Radulov does is support the man on the wall in his own end, the payoff is too great to sweat it.

Besides, the frustrating thing is that veteran players tend to get a pass from Trotz on this subject...like...you've paid your dues, Arnie\JP\Paul, don't you worry about backchecking.
...or, alternatively, "you're too old for me to teach"?

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2011, 02:00 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

http://twitter.com/#!/2ManyMenOTS/st...41561053667328

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2011, 02:40 PM
tserberis*

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Will Son View Post
I thought it was 3 years?????

Old
05-20-2011, 02:49 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by tserberis View Post
I thought it was 3 years?????
that's the mysterious thing. i wonder if they're predicting an end to the CBA around that time.

Old
05-20-2011, 02:51 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Honestly, as much as I would love for Radulov to come back here, I am not going to grill him for staying in Russia, making more money, and honoring a commitment he is making. I know it is infuriating to us Predator fans, but maybe he has learned a lesson. I fully expect him to play out his year in the NHL at some point, and likely stick around in the NHL after that year. Now, just might not be that time.

06-21-2011, 10:10 PM
OlWpgJet

Pay him or trade him, if the Preds don't renegotiate his contract that he still has then they are fools. He is an elite talent, trade him to a team that is willing to pay him. They probably could work out a possible trade and then give the team they are trading with permission to negotiate a contract . If he comes , make the trade. or just pay him. I hate to see a star player wasting away in the KHL.

OlWpgJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2011, 10:19 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlWpgJet View Post
Pay him or trade him, if the Preds don't renegotiate his contract that he still has then they are fools. He is an elite talent, trade him to a team that is willing to pay him. They probably could work out a possible trade and then give the team they are trading with permission to negotiate a contract . If he comes , make the trade. or just pay him. I hate to see a star player wasting away in the KHL.
Seriously? Do you not have any clue about this situation? The Preds aren't keeping Radulov from the NHL, in fact it's quite the opposite. If every other player in the league has had to play out their ELC, why is Radulov so special? Tell him to honor the final year of his ELC and THEN he will get paid.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2011, 10:35 PM
roseyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Seriously? Do you not have any clue about this situation? The Preds aren't keeping Radulov from the NHL, in fact it's quite the opposite. If every other player in the league has had to play out their ELC, why is Radulov so special? Tell him to honor the final year of his ELC and THEN he will get paid.
way to go Seth!

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2011, 10:38 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post

That's basically what just happened. Well dont SLake!

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 02:28 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlWpgJet View Post
No matter what, Radulov would have to play out the final year of his entry level deal if he returns from the KHL. If the Preds trade him, he still owes a year on his contract ... if we keep him, he owes a year. If he chooses to come back to North America, and only after he makes that choice, a new RFA contract can be negotiated that would take effect in his second season back (i.e. if he were to return this summer, he would play out his EL deal in 2011-12 and any new contract would come into play for 2012-13).

Now run along and educate yourself about the CBA, Radulov's contract status, and pretty much everything else you were mistaken about in your post.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote