HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Canucks Injury Thread - Mason Raymond's Career in Jeopardy?

Closed Thread

Old
05-19-2011, 02:57 PM
Bucky Katt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead View Post
100%. Those two have been such good, quality contributors. Hard to believe we got them as cheap as we did.
Yeah - but we really can't afford another Top 9 forward getting injured.

Old
05-19-2011, 03:17 PM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucky Katt View Post
Yeah - but we really can't afford another Top 9 forward getting injured.
Maybe one. Tambo and Shiro are kicking around, and although not dynamic they could fill in well enough IMO. Losing a Kesler or a Sedin would be brutal though.

Old
05-19-2011, 03:22 PM
Stefan It Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by LickTheEnvelope View Post
Maybe one. Tambo and Shiro are kicking around, and although not dynamic they could fill in well enough IMO. Losing a Kesler or a Sedin would be brutal though.

Old
05-19-2011, 03:24 PM
Bucky Katt

Quote:
Originally Posted by LickTheEnvelope View Post
Yeah, maybe. I think AV might put Glass ahead of both those guys though. Seems strange that we are more capable of handling an injured defenseman than a forward right now.

Old
05-19-2011, 03:25 PM
mrmyheadhurts
Registered Loser

vCash: 50
Really not a surprise about Sammy. You could tell he just didn't have it. Hopefully the surgery went well and he's 100% next season. When he's healthy he's a really solid player for the most part.

Old
05-19-2011, 03:25 PM
Bucky Katt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan It Up View Post
OT - get back to Ikariam!

Old
05-19-2011, 03:34 PM
RobertKron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamonddog01 View Post
Assuming the Canucks win this round and Malhotra is back for game 1 of the next, which would you guys prefer -

Being helicoptered to GM place and rappelling down the side in full hockey gear to the main theme from Star Wars?

or

Having all the lights out in GM place and suddenly putting a spotlight on him stepping out on the ice with fireworks and ACDC's Back in Black blasting through the soundsystem?
Erupting out of centre ice holding the severed head of their opponent's captain.

Old
05-19-2011, 04:08 PM
vanuck
Griffiths Way Goons

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmyheadhurts View Post
Really not a surprise about Sammy. You could tell he just didn't have it. Hopefully the surgery went well and he's 100% next season. When he's healthy he's a really solid player for the most part.
Except for when he's on the point on the PP . Didn't we give up a shorthanded goal to the Flames in his first game with the Canucks while he was playing pointman?

Anyway, hopefully he'll be 100% for next year. He may not be the fastest skater out there but he's a solid player. It's kind of mind-boggling how we're without Manny and Sammy right now - just goes to show how utterly huge the acquisitions of Lapierre and Higgins were. We wouldn't be here without them today.

Old
05-19-2011, 04:13 PM
Wetcoaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by spixel View Post
Samuelsson had success sports hernia and adductor surgery. Done for the year, obviously.
Vancouver Canucks President and General Manager Mike Gillis announced today that right wing Mikael Samuelsson underwent successful surgery to repair his adductor tendon and sports hernia. Samuelsson will be out of the line-up indefinitely.

“After consultation with our physicians it was decided that surgery was the best course of action,” said Mike Gillis. “The best long term decision for Mikael and our hockey club was to have the surgery immediately.”
http://www.theprovince.com/news/Samu...#ixzz1MpaRtWZF

Old
05-19-2011, 05:39 PM
YogiCanucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetcoaster View Post
Vancouver Canucks President and General Manager Mike Gillis announced today that right wing Mikael Samuelsson underwent successful surgery to repair his adductor tendon and sports hernia. Samuelsson will be out of the line-up indefinitely.

“After consultation with our physicians it was decided that surgery was the best course of action,” said Mike Gillis. “The best long term decision for Mikael and our hockey club was to have the surgery immediately.”
http://www.theprovince.com/news/Samu...#ixzz1MpaRtWZF
Already posted.. but thanks?

Old
05-19-2011, 05:51 PM
Wetcoaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by YogiCanucks View Post
Already posted.. but thanks?
You sure?

Old
05-20-2011, 06:09 PM
LiveeviL
No unique points

Send a message via ICQ to LiveeviL
Just a heads up. Edler was interviewed in his old local paper and he said that he has not felt anything in the back since he came back from surgery. Take it for what it is.

Link in Swedish

Old
05-20-2011, 06:26 PM
Wetcoaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveeviL View Post
Just a heads up. Edler was interviewed in his old local paper and he said that he has not felt anything in the back since he came back from surgery. Take it for what it is.

Link in Swedish
However it is all about conditioning and building up the muscles that will have wasted from the surgery.

Old
05-20-2011, 11:57 PM
Wilch
Unregistered User

Any updates on Ehrhoff's injury?

Old
05-21-2011, 12:01 AM
Britton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilch View Post
Any updates on Ehrhoff's injury?
Nothing that I've heard but the fact that he sat on the bench so long and stayed questionable for much of the second period makes me think it isn't anything too serious. At least that's what I'm hoping.

Old
05-21-2011, 12:03 AM
smileyface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britton View Post
Nothing that I've heard but the fact that he sat on the bench so long and stayed questionable for much of the second period makes me think it isn't anything too serious. At least that's what I'm hoping.
He stayed on the bench because he couldn't go back to the dressing room. HP Pavilion doesn't have a tunnel from the visiting bench to the room, it's at the end of the rink.

Crossing my fingers he stayed out for precautionary measures.

Old
05-21-2011, 12:03 AM
KDizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britton View Post
He sat on the bench because the only way to go to the locker room is to skate across the ice.

Old
05-21-2011, 12:07 AM
Britton

He was injured with plenty of time left in the first though and could have gone to the dressing room at any stoppage.

Old
05-21-2011, 10:24 AM
Runestone

Watching him on the bench with a drooped left shoulder sure looked like a dislocation to me.

Assuming it is, recovery is a mixed bag depending on the severity...

Old
05-21-2011, 10:27 AM
Towelie*

I guarantee Erhoff separated his shoulder. Lets hope it wasn't a severe separation. I would think he would be out for at least a week, but who knows with this type of injury.

Old
05-21-2011, 11:26 AM
Nuckles
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Sidebar

My guess is that Ehrhoff will be out 1-2 weeks. If the Canucks are in the cup finals, he will play. Once the playoffs are over, he will get surgery.

Old
05-21-2011, 12:50 PM
BlendIcier

@RealKyper
#Sharks McGinn faces possible suspension for hitting #Canucks Rome from behind. A phone hearing is scheduled with #NHL today @ 2:30 pm.

@sportsnetmurph: Kypreos says Tanev on his way to SJ. VAN wouldn't bring him up if AV wasn't going to play him. AV must want mobile D, that's bad news 4 AA.

If McLellan tries to open hunting season again, like he's some anonymous coach at the bottom of the dub, with rookie out there then the Canucks should ask to borrow a few stonecrushers from the other teams that are pissed off at him and dress them in the Sedin's uniforms for a period

p.s.

@passittobulis
I'd love it if Keith Ballard rebuffed AV's attempt to dress him now. "No! You're scratched! The whole system is scratched!"

Old
05-21-2011, 02:35 PM
Barney Gumble

Quote:
@sportsnetmurph: Kypreos says Tanev on his way to SJ. VAN wouldn't bring him up if AV wasn't going to play him. AV must want mobile D, that's bad news 4 AA.
That or use 7 D. The way the Sharks are boarding our players, might need 7.

Old
05-21-2011, 02:40 PM
Dana Murzyn

I don't get this whole "he wouldn't bring him up if he wasn't going to dress him" idea. He does that all the time, doesn't he?

Old
05-21-2011, 03:14 PM
Andy Dufresne

Tanev was already up. He was 1 of 5? Moose called up when their season ended. What I can't figure is: Why weren't all those guys already in San Jose?

Source is Kypreos so maybe take that for what it's worth.

Closed Thread