HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tyler Toffoli

Old
05-19-2011, 05:01 PM
SMoneyMonkey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
Wow thanks.

I only ever post any hockey stuff here at HF. I want to write for Zad and JDM a bit but really think I am more of an information point that anything else.

I am not certain I understand you question on how I would gain more access. Could you explain it in simple terms? (consider who your asking)
Heh, I don't quite know how to explain it. But you said you get limited access because you're an ancillary hockey person. Do you know what you'd have to change to get more access to the players or access to more players (if you want more access to the players, that is).

SMoneyMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2011, 05:21 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Getting access to the players is easy, its getting permission to openly share what they have had to say that is a little difficult. For the most part nobody cares and rightly so but in my experience its always better to ask for permission to ask any questions.

If I were a media type it would be more difficult because teams have people who's job is to deal with them and since I do what I do as an independent I am allowed access. As long as I provide a list of questions ahead of time and stick to them nobody really cares. Of course, it is possible that nobody really cares for any reason too but I wouldn't know.

Certain teams that I have worked for or played on in the past (the 67's, the olympique/Ramparts and a couple of others) always give me easy/special consideration.

Up until the NHL everything goes pretty easily. Once it gets to NHL status then everyone keeps things tight to their chest.

I guess I have the amount of access that I want/need and then some in many ways.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2011, 06:01 PM
Kings man 4 life

I agree, its an awesome write up that flows and doesn't get bogged down with dribble my only wish is that you had more

Kings man 4 life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2011, 07:14 PM
Pucknut50

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
It's too bad he's not eligible for the AHL next season. If he has a great camp, he might get a couple NHL games at the beginning of next season.
I repeat great forwards don't play in the AHL. If he has to go to the AHL first then we have another average NHL player. AHL should stand for regress not progress. If TT is going to be our next sniper he makes the team straight out of juniors. Look around the league the elite players never played in the AHL.

Pucknut50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2011, 09:30 PM
Vino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pucknut50 View Post
I repeat great forwards don't play in the AHL. If he has to go to the AHL first then we have another average NHL player. AHL should stand for regress not progress. If TT is going to be our next sniper he makes the team straight out of juniors. Look around the league the elite players never played in the AHL.
Corey Perry. Ryan Getzlaf. Brett Hull. Adam Oates.

Vino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2011, 09:49 PM
Fishhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vino View Post
Corey Perry. Ryan Getzlaf. Brett Hull. Adam Oates.
Pretty sure St. Louis, Briere, Savard, Sharp, Giroux, Vanek, and Spezza also played in the A. Some of those players are quite good.

Fishhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2011, 10:34 PM
Maynard

Send a message via AIM to Maynard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishhead View Post
Pretty sure St. Louis, Briere, Savard, Sharp, Giroux, Vanek, and Spezza also played in the A. Some of those players are quite good.
I'm not taking either side here but I think some of those guys played in the AHL because of the lockout year. Spezza did for sure.

Maynard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2011, 12:18 AM
Fishhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maynard View Post
I'm not taking either side here but I think some of those guys played in the AHL because of the lockout year. Spezza did for sure.
I think Spezza played in the AHL his 2nd go-round because of the lockout. He did play in the A a couple years before that.

Vanek... Yea, he possibly would have made the jump. It's hard to say what Buffalo would have done. I remember him winning the tourney in college, he was lights out.

The others were either too young or already in the league when the lockout hit.

Fishhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2011, 12:20 AM
TwzKing

Send a message via AIM to TwzKing
Bobby Ryan you can add him to the list as well

TwzKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2011, 12:23 AM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

Great write-up Tonelli. We seem to be eye-to-eye for the most part in how we view the prospects.

I really look forward to reading more of your reports. I am still trying to find a way to get to prospect camp this summer to watch the young guns play; I will definitely return the fruits of your hard work by sharing my observations if I get to watch.

King'sPawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2011, 12:40 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Thanks KP

That would be great since I won't be able to be there this year again. I see so much of them away from camp that it always sucks when I have to miss them all together at once. I will say that if you have to pick one of our kids to watch keep your eyes on Nik D. He has come into his own and he reminds me of a young Chelios not only in game but also in how much great energy he brings.

I have Vey coming up next week and a bunch of other stuff from the road that I will put up pretty soon too.

Old
05-20-2011, 01:12 AM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Great work, Tonelli.

Personally, i'd rather see him go back to Ottawa. Score 65 or 70 goals, play in the WJC(though hoping his team fails) and maybe make a deep playoff run. Honestly, it really doesn't seem like he has many(or any) options as far as where he will play.

Again, great work. It's really appreciated.

KopitarFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2011, 10:23 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Thanks KFan.

That is what I am hoping for too.

Old
05-20-2011, 10:38 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
Some around him would argue unfounded as well.

Me, I don't know. If you talk to the kid he says that he was upset about not getting enough time in the gym last summer. The cause was rumored to be due to have something to do with his hip and that the cause was simple growing pains.

Regardless of rather or not that is the case we will get to see his dedication this coming summer. He is supposed to be spending a big portion of the sumer in Los Angeles working with our trainers. It seems to me like he is being fast tracked in the same manner that Cliffy was but I have been wrong about that before with DL so take it for what it is worth.

You guys will have the ability to know how he is doing before I will, so don't be stingy and let us all know when he shows up and how he is doing.
If Toffoli is willing to sleep on the couch during the summer at the Toyota Training Center the way Simmonds did before his rookie season, I am sure Dean will give him a look at training camp.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2011, 09:21 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

We will see if he does. He is supposed to be in L.A. as we speak/type.

Old
05-21-2011, 03:14 AM
alpa
Yoda+Gandalf=Sutter

This is great TG because you are writing about things I knew where little about and I am thankful you are doing it.

Sure I might try to look up things more than I currently do but I choose to spend my time on other things with higher priority so I am very thankful when people as you put the effort to make the information easily available.

Enough with the brown-nosing, good work keep it up.

Higher priorities you say?????

alpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2011, 10:27 PM
triplcrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
Toffoli is definitely not 6'2". I met him at a Monarchs game a few weeks ago and he was maybe a couple inches taller than me, and I'm 5'10".
He is currently listed at HDB as 6' tall/181 lbs:

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=115633

But Wikipedia has him at 6'1"/200 lbs! (If only were that true!)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyler_Toffoli

And here's 1 that has him at 6'1"/183 lbs:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id=8475726

Take your pick.

Last edited by triplcrown: 05-22-2011 at 11:02 PM.
triplcrown is offline   Reply With Quote