HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

HF Ranks the Sens organization 16th

Old
05-19-2011, 07:25 AM
guyzeur

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianHockey View Post
HF in part weights how close the players are to the NHL. The Leafs have a bunch of NHL ready prospects in Kadri, Reimer, Aulie, plus they've just added Colborne and Gardiner.
When you have a bad team, you will always have a bunch of NHL ready prospects; look at us this year...

Were Greening, Smith, Condra, Butler, etc... ready in November? No, but in March they were because we had no one else.

guyzeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2011, 08:30 AM
ShotDownCrosby

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyzeur View Post
When you have a bad team, you will always have a bunch of NHL ready prospects; look at us this year...

Were Greening, Smith, Condra, Butler, etc... ready in November? No, but in March they were because we had no one else.
I wouldn`t say they were NHL ready. If we had a team of legitimate players, would any of the above have a chance to play??? No.

The only reason they played in the NHL was due to lack of players and injury. They were forced to being NHL players.

Not saying that they didn`t play well, but on a team like Boston, they would have NEVER gotten a chance (and wouldn`t have been considered NHL ready, unlike players like Cowen or Rundblad).

ShotDownCrosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2011, 08:57 AM
Northern Neighbour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hossa View Post
He's not a goalie.
I'm an idiot. I was thinking of Marek Schwarz, who obviously isn't a prospect anymore.

Northern Neighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2011, 09:06 AM
MoreGore

I really am starting to question how HF comes up with their assessments. Credibility should be very important to a site like this. Lose credibility and you lose your business.

I tried to figure out the whole TO/Ottawa thing and came up with a possibility, but then I read about Anaheim. I'm a sorry, but WTF??

Anaheim was ranked 13th in the fall. They graduated/lost their 3 best prospects in Sbisa, Fowler and Gardiner. Now they are 8th.

Excuse me? Perhaps the other way around, but if a team loses it's top 3 prospects, and jumps 5 positions, did their all of their remaining prospects all of a sudden put up huge seasons. Etem, Holland and Palmeiri did do well, but did they show any more improvement than Cowen and Rundblad? I find that hard to believe.

So the question then becomes how the heck do they come up with these rankings?

MoreGore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2011, 09:19 AM
guyzeur

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensGal View Post
I wouldn`t say they were NHL ready. If we had a team of legitimate players, would any of the above have a chance to play??? No.

The only reason they played in the NHL was due to lack of players and injury. They were forced to being NHL players.

Not saying that they didn`t play well, but on a team like Boston, they would have NEVER gotten a chance (and wouldn`t have been considered NHL ready, unlike players like Cowen or Rundblad).
My point exactly, Kadri would not have been playing this year on a strong NHL team.

guyzeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2011, 10:08 AM
Afro Thunder*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreGore View Post
I really am starting to question how HF comes up with their assessments. Credibility should be very important to a site like this. Lose credibility and you lose your business.

I tried to figure out the whole TO/Ottawa thing and came up with a possibility, but then I read about Anaheim. I'm a sorry, but WTF??

Anaheim was ranked 13th in the fall. They graduated/lost their 3 best prospects in Sbisa, Fowler and Gardiner. Now they are 8th.

Excuse me? Perhaps the other way around, but if a team loses it's top 3 prospects, and jumps 5 positions, did their all of their remaining prospects all of a sudden put up huge seasons. Etem, Holland and Palmeiri did do well, but did they show any more improvement than Cowen and Rundblad? I find that hard to believe.

It's basically depth, they have a ***** for depth, it's not even depth I don't think they know what depth means. its basically who ever has the most prospects than the best prospects.

Afro Thunder* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2011, 10:15 AM
SpezDispenser

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreGore View Post

I don't think it's worth worrying about to be honest. I think they need to revamp their entire prospect rankings and perhaps get some consultants or people who have the pulse of a team's prospects a little more than they do right now.

It's very disappointing though, I must say. It's like they threw this together to meet a deadline - not that I take specific issue with where the Sens are placed, but more about the teams around us - some of them just don't seem to have the organizational depth we're starting to acquire with players like Da Costa, Butler, then Muckler's hail marys like Greening and Condra.

SpezDispenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2011, 10:53 AM
Holdurbreathe

Quote:

Never being offered the opportunity does not equate to not being NHL ready.

Using Boston to make your point is just silly. While it is harder for prospects to break into a deep, talented roster, by no means does that translate into a player not being NHL ready.

Using Boston as an example, Seguin sat and watched for two series for Boston. When given the opportunity, in two games he has 3 goals, 3 assists, 6 points. While he may be the 13 forward in Boston, the kid is NHL ready.

A player deemed 'NHL ready' means that his current performance, maturity, and size would allow him to play at the NHL level. Greening, Condra, Z. Smith, Reimer, Aulie, etc etc are all NHL ready, whether or not they could break into the roster of another team is irrevelant.

Holdurbreathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2011, 04:18 PM
ShotDownCrosby

I`m just saying, I would think Kadri would be more NHL ready than Butler, Condra, Greening. Even on the Leafs I doubt they`d have played. Sens were so desperate for players, they were forced to play.

I can see Cowen definitely being NHL ready. But beyond that, I think most of the players would benefit from being in AHL. Butler, Greening and Condra will probably play, but I think they would probably benefit from another year in the AHL (although this playoff run for Bingo could change things).

Simply because Leafs are ahead, I think we have a better chunk in the long run. (maybe just not immediately).

ShotDownCrosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2011, 04:25 PM
Micklebot

Quote:
I`m just saying, I would think Kadri would be more NHL ready than Butler, Condra, Greening. Even on the Leafs I doubt they`d have played. Sens were so desperate for players, they were forced to play.

Kadri was not NHL ready due to his size and defensive play, not really a problem for Greening.

While Kadri will certainly be the better offensive player, an argument can be made for who is more NHL ready

Micklebot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2011, 08:14 PM
DJB

vCash: 754
Quote:
Originally Posted by OgieO View Post
He's already said they'll be looking for a goalie reasonably early in the draft.
Sweet!

Where did you hear this?

DJB is offline   Reply With Quote