HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mike Van Ryn

Closed Thread

Old
08-18-2005, 01:47 PM
PanthersFanatic12

vCash: 500
Mike Van Ryn

i think some ppl really over look this guy , the fact is he produced more points than bouwmeester last season. Yes bouwmeeste long term can turn out to be 5 star defensmen but he is shy to play with gritt and is shy of the big spotlight, so he has alot to prove, but yet i hear he wants 3 mil per season, when hes been playing full time nhl for 2 years and produced 2 goals and liek 18 assists. We have heard van ryn is close to a deal i say lock him up. bouwmeester maybe a swap for jovo or redden wouldn't be such a bad idea , cuz we can always can pick up jaybo in a few years when hes not as shy to take over the ship so to speak. don't get me wrong i want jaybo to sign , but hes agent should be more fair.
Also what is the deal with agents of jokien, luongo, and jaybo .etc i thought these players loved the game and it was a time to take a pay cut for the betterment of the game. but these guys agents are acting like jerks. what ur opinion on everything i talk about

Old
08-18-2005, 02:13 PM
Acadmus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luongo#1
what ur opinion on everything i talk about
Other than your need for punctuation? just joking...
I think the problem with the agents is quite simply that they don't like all the money they lost in the new CBA, which was completely out of their control. Agents weren't really in on the bargaining, as they're a third party to the whole contract deal.
But, as their commissions have plunged as a whole, they're trying to make up what they can by demanding as many large salaries as possible. Players don't really have an objective view of themselves and (honestly) not a lot of brains, so they're easily led by the agents to believe they should be paid more even when they haven't proven anything yet. Agents are in the business to get the biggest contract for their clients, which is why their on commission, and they also want to get the most pay they can, so they want to maximize their commission. As such, fairness does not enter their equation.

Old
08-18-2005, 02:27 PM
CatscratchFever
#CatsAreComing

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to CatscratchFever
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luongo#1
i think some ppl really over look this guy , the fact is he produced more points than bouwmeester last season. Yes bouwmeeste long term can turn out to be 5 star defensmen but he is shy to play with gritt and is shy of the big spotlight, so he has alot to prove, but yet i hear he wants 3 mil per season, when hes been playing full time nhl for 2 years and produced 2 goals and liek 18 assists. We have heard van ryn is close to a deal i say lock him up. bouwmeester maybe a swap for jovo or redden wouldn't be such a bad idea , cuz we can always can pick up jaybo in a few years when hes not as shy to take over the ship so to speak. don't get me wrong i want jaybo to sign , but hes agent should be more fair.
Also what is the deal with agents of jokien, luongo, and jaybo .etc i thought these players loved the game and it was a time to take a pay cut for the betterment of the game. but these guys agents are acting like jerks. what ur opinion on everything i talk about
Jacksheit, is that you?

Old
08-18-2005, 02:54 PM
ratmanfu

Send a message via MSN to ratmanfu
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatscratchFever
Jacksheit, is that you?

C'mon, man, let it go.

jacksheit is gone...it's time to start the healing.

Luongo#1-

Welcome to the boards.

Word of advice: agents are scum, and, during the lockout, players showed they are tools...end of story.

Old
08-18-2005, 02:56 PM
Dropkick Alex

I miss jacksheit

Old
08-18-2005, 03:08 PM
IceKatsRHot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dropkick Alex
I miss jacksheit
He could be the second coming

Old
08-18-2005, 03:10 PM
Clint

Send a message via AIM to Clint
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatscratchFever
Jacksheit, is that you?
No. Jacksheit posted some crazy stuff, but it was'nt this inane.

Last edited by Clint: 08-18-2005 at 06:01 PM.
Closed Thread