HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ray Emery

Closed Thread

Old
08-14-2005, 01:39 AM
Balej20*

vCash: 500
Ray Emery

Will he break camp with the team....and will he see any kind of playing time this year? What's his status?

Old
08-14-2005, 02:15 AM
Bileur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20
Will he break camp with the team....and will he see any kind of playing time this year? What's his status?
The backup job is his to lose. Prusek was let go to make room. Emery's our backup this season barring MAJOR letdown.

Old
08-14-2005, 03:14 AM
Balej20*

Do you think that since Hasek did not play last year, and the fact that he is up there in age....Emery may have a shot to, at some point during the season, win the starting job?

Old
08-14-2005, 05:08 AM
Bytown

No emery is the back up he will not win the starting job of the legend.

Old
08-14-2005, 09:13 AM
Clutch Mediocrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20
Do you think that since Hasek did not play last year, and the fact that he is up there in age....Emery may have a shot to, at some point during the season, win the starting job?
Hasek is definate, #1 starter barring injury. A nice camp from Razor would be great, but I doubt there's anything he can do to be our guy to start the season. To keep Hasek fresh at this age however we'll probably see more of Emery than our backups of previous years.

And if Hasek gets injured ( ) and is out for a while, which is the risk we take on him, he'll be plunged into the starting role awfully quickle. Hopefully, Emery handles it well or we'll be searching for a goaltender.

Old
08-14-2005, 10:35 AM
Pangu

I would not be so quick to say that Razor won't get the job. I mean Hasek is not what I would term young and has not played in quite a while. I think it should be obvious to everyone here what the risk of a Hasek is. Even without injury he may not be any good. However, this experience should help Razor see what it takes to be a legend in this leugue. I hope that Hasek has plans of coaching when his days are done... maybe he will practise on Razor.

Old
08-14-2005, 10:37 AM
Kickabrat
WHAT - ME WORRY?

IMO Emery will probably get 25-30 games. No sense pushing Hasek to play more than 55-60 games. Limit the fatigue factor and possibility of injury.

Old
08-14-2005, 10:43 AM
Martin

If Hasek has a serious injury that keeps him out for a few months, Muckler will surely have to get someone else in case Emery can't handle the workload/pressure.

Maybe a scab like Felix Potvin or Mike Dunham, I dunno. But Emery's the goalie of the future, so hopefully he can play like it...

Old
08-14-2005, 12:01 PM
HF2002

If Hasek gets hurt, and it's an injury that will keep him sidelined for quite some time, Ottawa should give Emery the chance to run with it a bit.

Any team is going to be able to ask for more from Ottawa in a trade, so give Emery the chance to play - sink or swim. Tell him that he's got the job for now, and if he screws up in the early going, let him know that he's got the opportunity to work past it. Confidence is a huge factor, and if he's worried that he's expected to be mistake free and to carry the team, then he's doomed to fail.

Having said that, this is the NHL. He has to perform at an NHL level, and he won't have a free pass for very long. Mental mistakes and an AHL level of play are not acceptable.

Old
08-14-2005, 01:56 PM
nneate

I'm hoping that the senators will somehow land Vesa Toskala from the sharks, whether to replace Hasek if he goes down or even as a starter for the next couple of seasons untill Emery is ready. This guy is a Kiprusoff waiting to happen, problem is im sure it would take more then a 2nd round pick to get him

Old
08-14-2005, 03:19 PM
bsenskmolson

Razor seems to step his play when the pressure is put on him. Although I don't believe razor is a #1 goalie yet, if something were to happen to Hasek, razor would give Ottawa a chance to win....

Old
08-14-2005, 10:46 PM
TexSen

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsenskmolson
Razor seems to step his play when the pressure is put on him. Although I don't believe razor is a #1 goalie yet, if something were to happen to Hasek, razor would give Ottawa a chance to win....
And that's all I can ask of a backup.....give the team a chance to win.

I look forward to seeing Emery in the NHL this year and to see what he does with the opportunity.

Old
08-15-2005, 12:06 AM
SENSational

Quote:
Originally Posted by HF2002
If Hasek gets hurt, and it's an injury that will keep him sidelined for quite some time, Ottawa should give Emery the chance to run with it a bit.

Thanks for jacking my avatar now it's not original anymore

Old
08-15-2005, 12:16 PM
TexSen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SENSational
Someone stole your avatar you say? Hmmmmm. Curious.

Old
08-15-2005, 12:24 PM
jamiebez

Quote:
Originally Posted by nneate
I'm hoping that the senators will somehow land Vesa Toskala from the sharks, whether to replace Hasek if he goes down or even as a starter for the next couple of seasons untill Emery is ready. This guy is a Kiprusoff waiting to happen, problem is im sure it would take more then a 2nd round pick to get him

My sentiments exactly. Another possibility is Pasi Nurminen from Atlanta, assuming Lehtonen plays as well as he is expected to.

Old
08-15-2005, 01:23 PM
It Kills Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by SENSational
HF2002 has the same one..

Old
08-15-2005, 01:27 PM
Cat Called Bobcat

I'm interested to see if/how his temper affects him. I'd like to see a couple of fights, personally.

Old
08-15-2005, 02:13 PM
SENSational

I made the avatar in July.

Old
08-17-2005, 10:16 PM
slumpy43

Quote:
My sentiments exactly. Another possibility is Pasi Nurminen from Atlanta, assuming Lehtonen plays as well as he is expected to.
I don't think Atlanta would get rid of Nurminem even if Lehtonen is having a stellar season. He has already taken Lehtonen under his wing and facilitated his adaptation to NA. He will make Lehtonen's life outside the ice easier, being from the same culture. Manny Fernandez could be a possibility.

Old
08-18-2005, 09:25 AM
Cwood2

I think this is a perfect year for the Sens to bring up Emery and break him in a little. Hasek will probably need more days off than most #1s and this will give Emery a chance to play a good amount this year and keep fresh.

Old
08-18-2005, 10:07 AM
Don Draper

i think this is the best year to have emery come up as well. Worst case scenario would be hasek going down for the majority of the season. Does anyone actually think this affects our playoffs chances? Does anyone think that emery playing 60 games behind a dominant team would adversely affect his development. If anything, i am playing Razor more so he can get used to playing behind a good team and having less pressure, so when the team isnt as deep, he already has that experience. I expect a very good season out of him, and if given the games played, could be up for the Calder.

Old
08-18-2005, 02:09 PM
bsenskmolson

He had a good team in Bingo last year, and his numbers were his worst of his career...Don't get me wrong I do think Razor will do fine in the NHL, but I wouldn't expect him to be starter worthy if Hasek goes down...Not yet....

Old
08-18-2005, 03:42 PM
Don Draper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsenskmolson
He had a good team in Bingo last year, and his numbers were his worst of his career...Don't get me wrong I do think Razor will do fine in the NHL, but I wouldn't expect him to be starter worthy if Hasek goes down...Not yet....
the way lalime played last season showed us we could put just about anyone between the pipes and still be successful.

Closed Thread