HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Realigned!!! [3/7 update: CHI - COL - DAL - MIN - NSH - STL - WPG; NHLPA approves]

Old
05-19-2011, 11:32 PM
Cullksinikers

vCash: 500
Realigned!!! [3/7 update: CHI - COL - DAL - MIN - NSH - STL - WPG; NHLPA approves]

Quote:
RealKyper Nick Kypreos
Confirming Brunt story #Winnipeg deal done. Told Thomson/Chipman in full partnership. Hear re-location fee alone for #NHL between 50-60M.
21 minutes ago
Quote:
Atlanta Thrashers moving to Winnipeg
STEPHEN BRUNT
Globe and Mail Update
Published Thursday, May. 19, 2011 8:57PM EDT
Last updated Thursday, May. 19, 2011 10:54PM EDT

An agreement to sell the National Hockey League’s Atlanta Thrashers to a Winnipeg group which plans to relocate the franchise to the Manitoba capital is done.

Sources confirmed tonight that preparations are being made for an announcement Tuesday, confirming the sale and transfer of the Thrashers to True North Sports and Entertainment, which owns and operates the Manitoba Moose of the American Hockey League and the MTS Centre arena, which would become the NHL team’s new home.
Many callers, including reputable sources, are calling Sports Radio out of 1290 are saying it's all but done and we're waiting for an official announcement.

There's even a story on NHL.com about a report that the Thrashers are relocating.

Geographically speaking, Winnipeg to the NW, Nashville to the SE, and Minnesota to the Central makes sense.

If my speculation holds true, welcome to the division.

Last edited by Jarick: 02-26-2013 at 11:07 AM. Reason: (Louie/Wingy/Winny/Hawky/Nashy/Dally/Columby) [Or not...]
Cullksinikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2011, 11:35 PM
melinko

vCash: 2551
I sure hope so, MN has way more ties to the central than any other team that could move.

melinko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2011, 11:42 PM
Generic User
Dynamic as they come

I really, really, really hope so. Would love to develop rivalries with teams in nearby states.

Generic User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2011, 11:44 PM
Cullksinikers

I think you guys should come to the Central Division.

I could see Nashville/Columbus to the Southeast Division, Winnipeg to the Northwest Division, Colorado to the Pacific Division, and Dallas to the Central Division working, but I like Nashville/Columbus to the Southeast Division, Winnipeg to the Northwest Division, and Minnesota to the Central Division much better. The second option involves less relocation and more geographical logic.

Old
05-19-2011, 11:45 PM
Surly Furious

vCash: 528
Apparently that story has yet to be substantiated.

I'd like to see it happen though.

Surly Furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2011, 11:47 PM
Cullksinikers

If the guaging of ticket interest amongst potential fans of the Winnipeg franchise goes well and the NHL feels it's suitable for an NHL franchise, Atlanta is relocating to Winnipeg.

Old
05-20-2011, 12:02 AM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

vCash: 50
PLEASE LET THIS HAPPEN!

Pretty please with a cherry on top?

TaLoN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2011, 12:04 AM
llamapalooza
Hockey State Expat

This would be great because I've always sort of assumed I'd cheer for the Jets if they came back, and that would be tougher if they were in our division.

llamapalooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2011, 12:08 AM
State of Hockey

This whole scenario would be the best Wild news I've seen in a long time.

State of Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2011, 12:14 AM
Cullksinikers

A possible idea Nashville/Columbus to the Southeast Division, Winnipeg to the Northwest Division, Colorado to the Pacific Division, and Dallas to the Central Division may be in the way of your dreams, unfortunately. It's amazing how one relocation can change the divisions of 3 or 4 teams and give 3 or 4 divisions new outlooks, affecting teams who stayed put in divisions with new additions and subtractions.

Old
05-20-2011, 01:11 AM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
Sorry everyone but I think Dallas moving to Central makes more sense

They are far more out of place in Pacific and lets be honest

The Northstars meant alot to Wing , Blue and Hawks fans.. We dont have any history with Wild and honestly I dont see the Wild being that appealing of a draw

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2011, 03:24 AM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

No way does it make any more sense to leave the Wild with 4 Canadian teams... cannot agree with that AT ALL.

TaLoN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2011, 08:30 AM
ceber

Now's the chance to fix the divisions, and get teams in the right time zones. Helps with tv revenue. DET, CBJ move east. Divisions haven't always had same number of teams. Sets the league up for expansion.

Just for grins, here's one remap. Might want to move a team from NE to SE. Central is a bit light. Maybe push COL to central. Up to them. Need that team in Kansas City. Remember, just for grins.

Pacific:
ANA
PHX
LA
SJ
COL
VAN
EDM
CAL

Central:
DAL
NSH
STL
CHI
MN
WPG

NE:
DET
NJ
NY
NYR
BUF
BOS
TOR
MTL
OTT

SE:
CBJ
PIT
PHI
WASH
CAR
TB
FLA

ceber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2011, 08:31 AM
ceber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Sorry everyone but I think Dallas moving to Central makes more sense

They are far more out of place in Pacific and lets be honest

The Northstars meant alot to Wing , Blue and Hawks fans.. We dont have any history with Wild and honestly I dont see the Wild being that appealing of a draw
STL and MN have had some spirited games. CHI some, not as much. First sentence of yours seals it. Northstars had the history. We can get it back. Just need to play each other more.

ceber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2011, 08:33 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Geographically it makes more sense to move Dallas to the central, but a man can always hope. I think there's the potential for better rivalries (and better attendance) with the Wild in the Central.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2011, 08:55 AM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

It's the Wild, I'm sure we'll watch our team come out on the losing end of it and be stuck with the 4 Canadian teams. Yay irrelevancy!

As for the Wild not having any rivalries with the Hawks and what not, who cares. Those rivalries are already instilled deep down through other sports. The Wild still aren't relevant and Chicago is finally back since disappearing off the map. Tough to create anything there given no inter-division games on top of one team being an expansion franchise.

After Meaningless Win - 3/29/12 - Game 77 | SoH-"Who knows, that could have cost us a Cup tonight." | Dooohkay
this providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2011, 09:02 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

I just think, there are a hell of a lot more Chicago, Detroit, and St Louis transplants here than there are Vancouver, Edmonton, or Calgary. And there are probably a lot more Minnesotans living in the Central than in the Northwest. That means more ticket sales, more excitement, more intensity, and more money. For as much crap as Minnesota gets for being boring, look at the number of jerseys in the stands when they play in Phoenix, Florida, etc.

Old
05-20-2011, 09:11 AM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

i think colorado alone has more MN transplants than all of the areas you mentioned. Just saying.

rynryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2011, 09:41 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Yeah I actually typed that with a bunch of other stuff and then deleted it because I was rambling.

Old
05-20-2011, 11:49 AM
Surly Furious

vCash: 528
If you change the name of the Pacific division to the Southwest division, you will see the logic of leaving Dallas where it is.

Surly Furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2011, 01:52 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Considering Phoenix/Dallas aren't on the Pacific and Vancouver's in a different division, that makes complete sense to me.

Old
05-20-2011, 02:00 PM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Well that just sucks for Colorado.

thestonedkoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2011, 02:43 PM
indiancompanion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Geographically it makes more sense to move Dallas to the central, but a man can always hope. I think there's the potential for better rivalries (and better attendance) with the Wild in the Central.

Assuming Nashville moves to SE division as many are speculating, Geographically Minnesota should be in the central over Dallas, and its not even close.

indiancompanion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2011, 12:24 AM
BigT2002

Move Vancouver to Pacific (really, we need 4/5 teams in a division to be from Canada, if that happens I won't be a fan I'm sorry that is BS). Phoenix moves to Quebec City. Move Dallas to Central and Colorado to Pacific (balance out the timezones). Minnesota moves to Central and Nashville to SE. No matter how you look at it, one of the three teams between Minnesota/Colorado/Dallas are going to get the shaft. I would rather Dallas be in a division with us but that won't happen

Frankly, we need Chicago in a division. Closest city to us with a team and will certainly garnish more attention to both teams. A small rivalry has been brewing for the last couple years. Give it time.

BigT2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2011, 12:29 AM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT2002 View Post
Move Vancouver to Pacific (really, we need 4/5 teams in a division to be from Canada, if that happens I won't be a fan I'm sorry that is BS). Phoenix moves to Quebec City. Move Dallas to Central and Colorado to Pacific (balance out the timezones). Minnesota moves to Central and Nashville to SE. No matter how you look at it, one of the three teams between Minnesota/Colorado/Dallas are going to get the shaft. I would rather Dallas be in a division with us but that won't happen

Frankly, we need Chicago in a division. Closest city to us with a team and will certainly garnish more attention to both teams. A small rivalry has been brewing for the last couple years. Give it time.
Vancouver is terrible in the Pacific personally. That is a lot of travel. While Edmonton and Calgary are in a different time zone they are closer.

Phoenix is staying.

Move the Islanders.

thestonedkoala is offline   Reply With Quote