HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Philadelphia/Minnesota

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-20-2011, 11:02 AM
  #26
CptCannon
Registered User
 
CptCannon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Oulu
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,970
vCash: 500
I approve this thread.

CptCannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2011, 12:52 PM
  #27
Cartsiephan*
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,488
vCash: 500
I would only make this deal if they get Clitsome in return, this team needs a little energy and I think Clitsome would certainly motivate the players.

Cartsiephan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2011, 01:01 PM
  #28
CanadianFlyer88
Moderator
Knublin' PPs
 
CanadianFlyer88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Van City
Posts: 15,077
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartsiephan View Post
I would only make this deal if they get Clitsome in return, this team needs a little energy and I think Clitsome would certainly motivate the players.
Clitsome is on the Jackets... and a UFA... and this trade would free up nearly $4M in cap room.

Energy players are a dime a dozen and you've spoken incessantly about the need to free cap space to improve the goaltending... but now you'd back out of this trade because the Flyers didn't bring back a cheap energy guy?

__________________
I deride your truth handling abilities
CanadianFlyer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2011, 01:53 PM
  #29
Cartsiephan*
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,488
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianFlyer88 View Post
Clitsome is on the Jackets... and a UFA... and this trade would free up nearly $4M in cap room.

Energy players are a dime a dozen and you've spoken incessantly about the need to free cap space to improve the goaltending... but now you'd back out of this trade because the Flyers didn't bring back a cheap energy guy?
Clitsome would work well on a line with Carter. Be the spunk of the line.

Cartsiephan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2011, 01:54 PM
  #30
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida
 
JDinkalage Morgoone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 12,594
vCash: 500
I'd do this trade twice a day for the next 3 years.

__________________
"Help was not promised, lovely girl. Only death."
JDinkalage Morgoone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2011, 02:12 PM
  #31
CanadianFlyer88
Moderator
Knublin' PPs
 
CanadianFlyer88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Van City
Posts: 15,077
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartsiephan View Post
Clitsome would work well on a line with Carter. Be the spunk of the line.
Clitsome is also a defenseman...

Are you thinking Clutterbuck?

CanadianFlyer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2011, 02:35 PM
  #32
Giroux tha Damaja
Registered User
 
Giroux tha Damaja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mount Holly, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,234
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
I just think we need to do whatever it takes to get Clitsome, Jeff Finger and Luca Cunti on the same line. That is guaranteed win, all day, everyday.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2011, 02:36 PM
  #33
flyersguy33*
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 20,708
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianFlyer88 View Post
Clitsome is also a defenseman...

Are you thinking Clutterbuck?
I think he is trying to be funny, but is failing terribly

flyersguy33* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2011, 02:50 PM
  #34
mirimon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: The Wrong Town
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,780
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux tha Damaja View Post
I just think we need to do whatever it takes to get Clitsome, Jeff Finger and Luca Cunti on the same line. That is guaranteed win, all day, everyday.
Maybe have Karl Dykhuis back from retirement as well.

I wish Minnesota actually wants to do this deal. I'm not sure we could make it work capwise, but maybe switch Burns to the next two 1st picks they have? Please?

mirimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2011, 02:51 PM
  #35
CanadianFlyer88
Moderator
Knublin' PPs
 
CanadianFlyer88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Van City
Posts: 15,077
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena View Post
I think he is trying to be funny, but is failing terribly
Oh, I know... I just want to know why he brought up a player that doesn't play for Minnesota.

Derailing threads has been a common theme, though, so I shouldn't be surprised.

CanadianFlyer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2011, 04:41 AM
  #36
ChumpyG
Jibbity jibbity
 
ChumpyG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Country: Sami
Posts: 2,723
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyersfan139 View Post
Heck, they have an empty net.
snap.

ChumpyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2011, 12:08 PM
  #37
decadentia
Registered User
 
decadentia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New Brunswick
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,547
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianFlyer88 View Post
Oh, I know... I just want to know why he brought up a player that doesn't play for Minnesota.

Derailing threads has been a common theme, though, so I shouldn't be surprised.
When he followed Clisome with "spunk", my spider senses were tingling.


decadentia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2011, 12:36 PM
  #38
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER
 
sobrien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 7,038
vCash: 555
Can we throw in Backstrom too?

JW

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2011, 12:37 PM
  #39
trigzter
Registered User
 
trigzter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: PA
Posts: 400
vCash: 500
I don't know about you guys, but I just want a Gagne type deal for Carle. Just clear up as much cap space as possible.

trigzter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2011, 12:49 PM
  #40
decadentia
Registered User
 
decadentia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New Brunswick
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,547
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by trigzter View Post
I don't know about you guys, but I just want a Gagne type deal for Carle. Just clear up as much cap space as possible.
Trade one of our only expendable resources for Gagne, also free up more cap space to get him?

No, i'm not with you at all on this one. Gagne does not fill a pressing need, we should use our resources to fill pressing need.

decadentia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2011, 01:14 PM
  #41
Flyotes
DownieFaceSoftener
 
Flyotes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 5,206
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Yeah I don't get all the Versteeg hate. He didn't really live up to the expectations people had for him here (myself included) but he is leaps and bounds better than Nystrom. In his first full NHL season Versteeg had more points than Nystrom has in his first three and a half.
He'll always get grief until he stops looking like an overpaid turnover monster.

The case against him is overblown but if he turns it around he'll be liked.

Flyotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2011, 01:33 PM
  #42
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 41,993
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by trigzter View Post
I don't know about you guys, but I just want a Gagne type deal for Carle. Just clear up as much cap space as possible.
This is exactly what I want as well. Ideally we don't take Matt Walker back as well...just prospects or picks.

__________________
Down in the basement, I've got a Craftsman lathe. Show it to the children when they misbehave.
Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2011, 09:19 PM
  #43
trigzter
Registered User
 
trigzter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: PA
Posts: 400
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by decadentia View Post
Trade one of our only expendable resources for Gagne, also free up more cap space to get him?

No, i'm not with you at all on this one. Gagne does not fill a pressing need, we should use our resources to fill pressing need.
Sorry if you misunderstood me. I was referring to what we did with Gagne last year. We found a team willing to take his cap hit, and we got some minor prospects in return. That's what I want out of a Carle trade; Just to rid us of his cap hit, and again, just get some prospects in return. (Defense preferably)

trigzter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2011, 11:23 PM
  #44
decadentia
Registered User
 
decadentia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New Brunswick
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,547
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by trigzter View Post
Sorry if you misunderstood me. I was referring to what we did with Gagne last year. We found a team willing to take his cap hit, and we got some minor prospects in return. That's what I want out of a Carle trade; Just to rid us of his cap hit, and again, just get some prospects in return. (Defense preferably)
No sorry needed on your part, I was in need of sleep and completely misread what you wrote.

My apologies good sir.

decadentia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2011, 12:50 AM
  #45
intro9
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 45
vCash: 500
I don't see how you can have that Clitsome, Finger, Cunti, Dykhuis and not have a Tugnutt in net.

intro9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:59 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.