HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Notices

Randy Hahn talking about Ben Eager on the Damon Bruce show, 5/19

Old
05-19-2011, 09:32 PM
D Huang

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to D Huang
Randy Hahn talking about Ben Eager on the Damon Bruce show, 5/19

Starts about halfway through

http://www.knbr.com/portals/3/podcas...NDY%20HAHN.mp3

I agree with Randy. I honestly don't think Eager cost us the game. The way we were playing, we weren't winning. Eager had some questionable penalties, but you can tell he had the attitude needed. Even when we were getting blown out, Eager was hell bent on not getting punked by the other team

D Huang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2011, 09:34 PM
Negatively Positive
Save us Tomas!

vCash: 628
The problem is I think Eager has a few screws loose. It's nice to have someone who won't lay down and take it for once but he just CAN'T be trusted. He's too crazy. Not to mention his bad rep with the refs.

Negatively Positive is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2011, 09:42 PM
Kitten Mittons

The first penalty was dumb and taken at the wrong time. The second, tripping, seemed very meh - probably his reputation more than anything. The third one is ridiculous - you can't touch the goalie, you can't chirp the goalie, you can't snow shower the goalie... unless he's not on Vancouver; otherwise, get your ass in the blue paint.

Kitten Mittons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2011, 10:13 PM
Thepainter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidhye View Post
The first penalty was dumb and taken at the wrong time. The second, tripping, seemed very meh - probably his reputation more than anything. The third one is ridiculous - you can't touch the goalie, you can't chirp the goalie, you can't snow shower the goalie... unless he's not on Vancouver; otherwise, get your ass in the blue paint.
Pretty much this. Eager skates too close or says something to Luongo and it's two minutes... Niemi has guys falling all over him and slamming him on the ground and it's no problemo.

Thepainter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2011, 10:43 PM
BrianSmith
Chokers

I'm most worried about Eager's rep with the refs. Guy does get some penalties (not last night) called on him that are so iffy - def rep calls.

BrianSmith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2011, 10:46 PM
Lebanezer

I actually like Eager more after last night's performance. He didn't back down, and so often the Sharks take one on the chin and then fold (Torres crushing Michalek, Morrow crushing Michalek, Sarich hitting Marleau even though we won the series there was no hint of retaliation). Sure he's nuts, but if he plays with that much passion and defends his teammates, and hopefully takes fewer penalties, he's gotta be in there. He knows it's a series, and there are more games to play, and I think that shows a lot. He's not rolling over and I think he wants the Canucks to know that the Sharks won't either.... I hope.

Lebanezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2011, 11:24 PM
Street Hawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Huang View Post
Starts about halfway through

http://www.knbr.com/portals/3/podcas...NDY%20HAHN.mp3

I agree with Randy. I honestly don't think Eager cost us the game. The way we were playing, we weren't winning. Eager had some questionable penalties, but you can tell he had the attitude needed. Even when we were getting blown out, Eager was hell bent on not getting punked by the other team
Sharks were 1 shot away from tying the game prior to the tripping call. As long as you are 1 shot behind, you always have a chance, no matter how poorly you are playing.

Refs are definately watching Eager after the hit. That's what they do. Going nuts on the bench after the Marleau fight, running Sedin, his bring it on antics in the box, etc. you knew that the refs were going to make sure he didn't get out of line. Eager just didn't give his team a chance, neither did the coach in sending Eager out there with 14 minutes to go in regulation.

Street Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2011, 11:54 PM
JeremyTB

How big was the miss high stick on Thornton? The game was 2-2 at that point and that would have given the Sharks a 4 minute PP. The refs mussed it and I believe the Canucks scored not that long after.

JeremyTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2011, 11:56 PM
ChompChomp
SACK T-MAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyTB View Post
How big was the miss high stick on Thornton? The game was 2-2 at that point and that would have given the Sharks a 4 minute PP. The refs mussed it and I believe the Canucks scored not that long after.
There was a high stick with blood miss on Setoguchi in that first period too, it was shown on Versus. That would have been 8 minutes of PP time for a team that has a 100% PP in this series. IMHO, that would have been a HUGE factor in the game, and maybe the series.

ChompChomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2011, 12:49 AM
Plowevelski
:-)) Torres Fan Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChompChomp View Post
There was a high stick with blood miss on Setoguchi in that first period too, it was shown on Versus. That would have been 8 minutes of PP time for a team that has a 100% PP in this series. IMHO, that would have been a HUGE factor in the game, and maybe the series.
I think all the non calls and BS in this series has had a huge effect really. The Nucks have outplayed us for long stretches and have looked dominant but if we had an 8 extra minutes of PP time with the power play clicking in game 2 and without the phantom elbow on Heater in game 1 we could have stolen both games possibly. At the very least I think we would have split and I think most of us would have been happy with that. The best team doesn't always win but sometimes the opportunistic one wins... When they get the said opportunities

Plowevelski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2011, 09:17 AM
KzooShark

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianSmith View Post
I'm most worried about Eager's rep with the refs. Guy does get some penalties (not last night) called on him that are so iffy - def rep calls.
This is what I'm worried about now if he plays. The Sharks will basically be conceding at least two Vancouver PP opportunities before the puck even drops on top of anything else that happens.

KzooShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2011, 01:01 PM
Ninja Hertl
formerly sharkohol

Honestly, going down swinging is much better than the listless losses we've seen in the past six years. The knock on this current group is lack of passion, so I have no problem with what Eager is doing AS LONG AS he doesn't take the dumb penalties. Get fired up and nasty but don't **** the team over. It's possible (I hope).

Ninja Hertl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2011, 02:10 PM
BBruins7719428

I have no problem with the way Eager played. I especially like the fact he went after Lapierre, since Max tried to goad Joe into a fight with a few minutes left in the game.

BBruins7719428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2011, 02:13 PM
Thepainter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBruins7719428 View Post
I have no problem with the way Eager played. I especially like the fact he went after Lapierre, since Max tried to goad Joe into a fight with a few minutes left in the game.
I liked how he ran over Luongo then proceeded to stand over him and run his mouth to him. Totally awesome... I also wish he would have hit Sedin a bit harder.

Thepainter is offline   Reply With Quote