Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

RedBull and the freezers

Old
05-19-2011, 08:24 AM
frostyflo
#peskyblues

vCash: 500
RedBull and the freezers

so its more then just a rumour, at least here in Austria, that RB wants to take over the Hamburg Freezers.
latest news say the biggest (only?) problem is that the Freezers don`t want to change their name...

its not the first time that RB wants to join the DEL so what do you guys in Germany think of it? especially Hamburg...

http://www.laola1.at/397+M5d174fd4e42.html

frostyflo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2011, 09:30 AM
Sanderson

It's pretty unclear what is just speculation and what is the truth.

All we know is that Anschütz wants to sell the team, or at least get a co-owner. AEG owns the arena, so it's in their interest to keep the team in Hamburg. Red Bull was the first name mentioned in rumours, because Detlef Kornett left AEG for Red Bull sometime last year.

Now, a few months later, this rumour has popped up again, only to be repelled as just a rumour a short time later.

About the name, all we have heard so far is that AEG would be reluctant to change the name as it has established itself here in Hamburg, but it certainly wouldn't be a dealbreaker.

Red Bull or AEG, both are big companies so that wouldn't be a change. I'd prefer if they kept the name Hamburg Freezers, but I certainly won't run away screaming if some changes are made. There are some "sportsfans" here who think guys like Mateschitz or Hopp are pretty much the devil incarnate, something I never understood. Yes, some decisions may be a harsh, ignoring the whole history of a team is not the way to go, but it's not like they just throw money around to buy the best team possible, on the contrary, they usually make sure the whole infrastructure is as good as it can be.

Sanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2011, 02:40 PM
Maverick41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanderson View Post
It's pretty unclear what is just speculation and what is the truth.

All we know is that Anschütz wants to sell the team, or at least get a co-owner. AEG owns the arena, so it's in their interest to keep the team in Hamburg. Red Bull was the first name mentioned in rumours, because Detlef Kornett left AEG for Red Bull sometime last year.

Now, a few months later, this rumour has popped up again, only to be repelled as just a rumour a short time later.

About the name, all we have heard so far is that AEG would be reluctant to change the name as it has established itself here in Hamburg, but it certainly wouldn't be a dealbreaker.

Red Bull or AEG, both are big companies so that wouldn't be a change. I'd prefer if they kept the name Hamburg Freezers, but I certainly won't run away screaming if some changes are made. There are some "sportsfans" here who think guys like Mateschitz or Hopp are pretty much the devil incarnate, something I never understood. Yes, some decisions may be a harsh, ignoring the whole history of a team is not the way to go, but it's not like they just throw money around to buy the best team possible, on the contrary, they usually make sure the whole infrastructure is as good as it can be.
I also never got the hate for guys like Hopp or Mateschitz. At least they really comit to their projects and are not just toying around because they are bored and don't know what to do with their money.

As far as the Freezers go, I just don't see it happening, although it is more a gut feeling than anything else. It would be interesting to see what Red Bull could do there, though.

Maverick41 is offline   Reply With Quote