HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011 NHL Entry Draft/Other Prospects (All NON-RANGERS Prospect Discussion - Part 3) ‎

Closed Thread

Old
05-19-2011, 12:03 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
assuming our pick is not traded, I'm curious as to which players would get you mad if they were picked.
dylan mcilrath

Old
05-19-2011, 12:50 PM
NaturalIce

If the rangers acquire a 3rd in this draft, I just wrote a piece on Patrick Koudys, RPI freshman and think he would be a good player to take a chance on. Or even better if he is there with our 4th.

http://thehockeywriters.com/patrick-...t-draft-steal/

Old
05-19-2011, 01:02 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCenafearsTheRock View Post
Just take the best player available. You can't go wrong that way
I tend to agree.

Though, this year, BPA will vary.

Old
05-19-2011, 02:16 PM
JimmyStart*

I was reading back a few pages and it seems a lot of people would like Scheifele. How is he PP wise? Could he be (if we even sign him) a potential replacement for a Brad Richards? Personally he's the guy i'm hoping we land right now and I would love if Rocco or catenacci somehow plummetted to us in the 2nd. But b/t khocklachev, McNeil, Catenacci, Rocco, Armia I think we've got a guaranteed shot at a good pick in both rounds.

I know Saad has plummeted. Is he going to be this years McI? Any word on where the Rangers are looking? I know they said no euro's but any ideas on where they are looking?

Old
05-19-2011, 03:04 PM
Noonansgoal

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyStart View Post
I was reading back a few pages and it seems a lot of people would like Scheifele. How is he PP wise? Could he be (if we even sign him) a potential replacement for a Brad Richards? Personally he's the guy i'm hoping we land right now and I would love if Rocco or catenacci somehow plummetted to us in the 2nd. But b/t khocklachev, McNeil, Catenacci, Rocco, Armia I think we've got a guaranteed shot at a good pick in both rounds.

I know Saad has plummeted. Is he going to be this years McI? Any word on where the Rangers are looking? I know they said no euro's but any ideas on where they are looking?
Mcllrath's stock actually rose quite significantly before the draft. And who within the rangers oraganization ever said they didn't want to draft a euro?

Old
05-19-2011, 03:09 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

this is this years mcilrath

Old
05-20-2011, 12:22 AM
JimmyStart*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noonansgoal View Post
Mcllrath's stock actually rose quite significantly before the draft. And who within the rangers oraganization ever said they didn't want to draft a euro?
Seeing as how half the hockey world(or maybe just this board) is so-so on that pick (many hate it) couldn't you understand what I mean there? Simply stating McI's stock rose doesn't mean a whole heckuva lot when we're talking about a big project type of player that a looooot of people were dissappointed in. That's not even trashing the pick I;m just saying when that pick was made I had a certain reaction. Is ther a chane I have to experience that reaction again (Dissappointment, rage, annoyance, dissappointment, regret, dissappointment.) A lot of our jessiman hate over that failure gets transferred here too I think somewhat unfairly but I felt how I felt. Anyway you should know all this I don't get your response there. His stock could have risen but that doesn;t mean he wasn't a dissappointing pick. I just want to be more prepared when I throw my hands up in frustration and kick 100 lb weights across the room in a fit of rage haha.

And again a lot of people are saying this Euro thing. I didn't see them get questioned and it doesn't really matter to me if the Rangers SAY they won't draft Euro's b/c I don't believe them. I did mention Armia b/c I think if he's available he'd be considered. Who would give away half their draft strategy it doesn't seem smart. b/c if a good one is available they;ll prob take him...oh wait tarasenko was available...Anyway I started with the Scheifele questions b/c I'm much more curious about that. Any1 got any word?

Old
05-20-2011, 12:24 AM
JeffMangum
Registered Ab-user

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCenafearsTheRock View Post
Just take the best player available. You can't go wrong that way
I never got the "BPA" thing. People have different perceptions as to who BPA is. Maybe the Rangers thought McI was BPA at that point. We'll most likely never know.

Last edited by JeffMangum: 05-20-2011 at 02:11 AM.
Old
05-20-2011, 12:42 AM
t3hg00se

Send a message via AIM to t3hg00se
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Mastrosimone View Post
I never got the "BPA" thing. People have different perceptions as to who BPA is. Maybe the Rangers though McI was BPA at that point. We'll most likely never know.
I remember reading somewhere that they did, and never thought otherwise.

Old
05-20-2011, 02:11 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Speaking of Mcilrathian type toughness, check this 2011 draftee out:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/draftprospect....htm?dpid=9488

I youtubed his fights, kid is an absolute brawler with very good strength and a lightening punch, looks like the 2nd coming of Chris Neil as far as fisticuffs go.

Old
05-20-2011, 06:42 AM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
DRAFT 2011

Here is my take as of now...

1st OPTION
TRADE NYR 15th + 45th for MINN 1st Round pick #10 (or similiar)
Draft ZIBANEJAD, MURPHY or COUTURIER (if still available)

OTHERWISE BPA:
15 (1st) SCHIEFELE/MCNEILL/BEAULIEU/FREE FALLER THAT GORDIE LIKES

2nd OPTION
TRADE NYR 45th + 57th + small sweetener FOR SOMEWHERE BETWEEN #21-26 IF KHOHOKHLANCHEV is still available

OTHERWISE BPA:
45 (2nd) KLEFBOM/SAAD/NIETO/RASK/BRODIN/...
57 (2nd) KUCHEROV/LOWRY/CLENDENING/...

TRADE W WOLSKI TO OTTAWA FOR 66th (3rd round) PICK + MATT CARKNER
66 (3rd) - KOUDYS/KARLSSON/RUUTU/...

106 (4th) - CAMARA/NASTY DEFENCEMAN/...

TRADE CHRIST TO FLA FOR THEIR # 124(5th)
124 (5th) - JORDAN BINNINGTON OR BEST GOALIE AVAILABLE

136 (5th) - HIT & MISS DANGLING EURO THAT MIGHT BE LEFT

XX? (7th) - If any good Euro goalie sleeper is still around - TRADE NYR 2012 6th rounder for this pick somewhere

Easy peasy...

Last edited by BBKers: 05-20-2011 at 11:52 AM.
Old
05-20-2011, 08:17 AM
azrok22

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
DRAFT 2011

1st OPTION
TRADE NYR 15th + 45th for MINN 10th Round pick

OTHERWISE BPA:

2nd OPTION
TRADE NYR 45th + 57th + small sweetener FOR SOMEWHERE BETWEEN #21-26 IF KHOHOKHLANCHEV is still available

OTHERWISE BPA:

XX? (7th) - If any good Euro goalie sleeper is still around - TRADE NYR 2012 6th rounder for this pick somewhere

Easy peasy...

Old
05-20-2011, 08:40 AM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Quote:
1st OPTION

OTHERWISE BPA:
I really like your moves overall. I will say that I could easily see none of these players available at 10 and 15, respectfully. But if they are I'm in.

Quote:
2nd OPTION
I could definitely see Khoko being available in the 20-26 range and if so I would fully endorse this trade.

05-20-2011, 10:10 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
DRAFT 2011

1st OPTION

OTHERWISE BPA:

2nd OPTION

OTHERWISE BPA:

Easy peasy...

Yes, please.

Old
05-20-2011, 10:50 AM
Latex*
DM is good

Quote:
DRAFT 2011

1st OPTION
I thought the draft only had 7 rounds..

... and even if it didn't, that would be an awful trade.

Old
05-20-2011, 11:53 AM
BBKers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latexi84 View Post
I thought the draft only had 7 rounds..

... and even if it didn't, that would be an awful trade.

So right
Fixed this
Thanx

Old
05-20-2011, 01:58 PM
Noonansgoal

Quote:
Seeing as how half the hockey world(or maybe just this board) is so-so on that pick (many hate it) couldn't you understand what I mean there? Simply stating McI's stock rose doesn't mean a whole heckuva lot when we're talking about a big project type of player that a looooot of people were dissappointed in. That's not even trashing the pick I;m just saying when that pick was made I had a certain reaction. Is ther a chane I have to experience that reaction again (Dissappointment, rage, annoyance, dissappointment, regret, dissappointment.) A lot of our jessiman hate over that failure gets transferred here too I think somewhat unfairly but I felt how I felt. Anyway you should know all this I don't get your response there. His stock could have risen but that doesn;t mean he wasn't a dissappointing pick. I just want to be more prepared when I throw my hands up in frustration and kick 100 lb weights across the room in a fit of rage haha.

And again a lot of people are saying this Euro thing. I didn't see them get questioned and it doesn't really matter to me if the Rangers SAY they won't draft Euro's b/c I don't believe them. I did mention Armia b/c I think if he's available he'd be considered. Who would give away half their draft strategy it doesn't seem smart. b/c if a good one is available they;ll prob take him...oh wait tarasenko was available...Anyway I started with the Scheifele questions b/c I'm much more curious about that. Any1 got any word?
You compared Saad's plummeting down the ranks to Mcllrath, when, rank wise, they were opposites, Saad a faller and Mcllrath a riser. So no, I didn't really understand what you meant.

I actually love the Mcllrath pick now. Your reaction, my reaction, it doesnt much matter and its not worth it to complain about it at this point when he hasn't even played at the pro level yet besides his ATO. Deeming it a dissapointing pick and saying case closed is outlandish. Gordie Clark knows prospects and their ceilings, more than any of us, so I trust him. There is a reason Dallas was chomping at the bit to draft him right behind us if we passed. They were salivating over him. Also, on the show "Oil Change," the Oilers acknowledged during a meeting that he would be a player to trade up for.

Still not sure what your talking about regarding the "euro thing."

Regarding Scheifele, his stock rose quite significantly because of his teriffic U18's, where he was easily Canada's best and most consistant forward. I've heard a comparable player could be a Ryan Johansen. Developed into a teriffic two-way center with playmaking ability. Great work ethic, great size at 6'3. Drives to the net and became more of a physical player as the season wore on, gets in high traffic areas. Put up 75 points on a terrible Barrie team.

PS: If you kick 100lb weights across the room over a draft pick, I don't wanna see you after a loss lol. I myself have a designated punching bag for dealing with our team's futility. Too many sheetrock repairs .

Last edited by Noonansgoal: 05-20-2011 at 02:19 PM.
Old
05-20-2011, 02:05 PM
Noonansgoal

Quote:
DRAFT 2011

1st OPTION
TRADE NYR 15th + 45th for MINN 1st Round pick #10 (or similiar)

OTHERWISE BPA:

2nd OPTION

OTHERWISE BPA:

Easy peasy...
Really like these options. The first would absolutely be MONEY and I can definitely see that happening. That 57th is really gunna come in handy like I knew it would.

Old
05-20-2011, 02:36 PM
JimmyStart*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noonansgoal View Post
You compared Saad's plummeting down the ranks to Mcllrath, when, rank wise, they were opposites, Saad a faller and Mcllrath a riser. So no, I didn't really understand what you meant.

No no no not what I meant. I meant to compare them as picks where, if we made them, I'd feel dissappointed. The falling vs rising thing to me at least I could care less about. I only meant to compare that one way.
I actually love the Mcllrath pick now. Your reaction, my reaction, it doesnt much matter and its not worth it to complain about it at this point when he hasn't even played at the pro level yet besides his ATO. Deeming it a dissapointing pick and saying case closed is outlandish. Gordie Clark knows prospects and their ceilings, more than any of us, so I trust him. There is a reason Dallas was chomping at the bit to draft him right behind us if we passed. They were salivating over him. Also, on the show "Oil Change," the Oilers acknowledged during a meeting that he would be a player to trade up for.

It's worth about as much to complain as it is to support sometimes. Either way I'm not complaining just wondering if there's a chance for a bad pick who do we think that bad pick will be? I remember last year people joking we would take McI. When we did with who was on the board I just went to the gym (In reality pushing hundred pound weights not kicking em haha). Trust me I know all bout mcI's story. I was still, when we made the pick, just uber annoyed. ODC feels Tyler Biggs could be our big dissappointing pick. I could see that.
Still not sure what your talking about regarding the "euro thing."
Lots of people have mentioned this. Rangers "came out and said no Euros". Like i said I don't even regard it with a whole lot.

Regarding Scheifele, his stock rose quite significantly because of his teriffic U18's, where he was easily Canada's best and most consistant forward. I've heard a comparable player could be a Ryan Johansen. Developed into a teriffic two-way center with playmaking ability. Great work ethic, great size at 6'3. Drives to the net and became more of a physical player as the season wore on, gets in high traffic areas. Put up 75 points on a terrible Barrie team.

PS: If you kick 100lb weights across the room over a draft pick, I don't wanna see you after a loss lol. I myself have a designated punching bag for dealing with our team's futility. Too many sheetrock repairs .
Ya I loved what I read and saw (unfortunately very limited viewings). Very much like cris thomas in being a player teams key on yet he still has a great year. Only unlike CT he has size.

Old
05-20-2011, 02:43 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

I like the idea BBK but I seriously doubt Murphy and Couturier last that long. Zibanajed maybe, but he's one of the biggest risers in the draft right now, and I think some team makes a play for him early in this draft.

45 and 57 won't get us into the 20's unless you identify this 'sweetener'.

Would Ottawa do Wolski and a 3rd for Carkner ?

The rest looks good.

Old
05-20-2011, 03:20 PM
Noonansgoal

Quote:
Ya I loved what I read and saw (unfortunately very limited viewings). Very much like cris thomas in being a player teams key on yet he still has a great year. Only unlike CT he has size.
I see what your saying regarding the dissapointment factor, but I just can't see Gordie going for a plummeting 1st rounder who has "regressed" as some scouts have said. He's been nursing a nagging groin injury, but that's just a terrible word to hear from a scout, which makes you believe it's something more than just the injury. I think Saad will fall to the 2nd. Last year Mcllrath rose insanely which caused many scouts at the 11th hour to take heed, Gordie notwithstanding.

The Rangers won't discrimminate against Euros, they draft them all the time. I agree though, I would be dissapointed with taking Biggs in the first round. I just think we'll have better options.

Old
05-20-2011, 03:23 PM
BBKers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
I like the idea BBK but I seriously doubt Murphy and Couturier last that long. Zibanajed maybe, but he's one of the biggest risers in the draft right now, and I think some team makes a play for him early in this draft. AGREED - THAT´S WHY I SAID IF ONE OF THOSE 3 ARE AVAILABLE. THEY PROBABLY WILL NOT BE, BUT IF SO... THE VIPER STRIKES...

45 and 57 won't get us into the 20's unless you identify this 'sweetener'. GRACHEV? HORAK? BOURQUE? KUNDRATEK? VALENTENKO? YOU CAN PICK

Would Ottawa do Wolski and a 3rd for Carkner ? MAYBE, MAYBE NOT. THEY NEED TO ADD SOME SERIOUS BODIES ONTO THEIR SQUAD TO GET COMPETITIVE (MAYBE TANK IS THEIR THEME THIS YEAR?) AND I COULD SEE THEM TAKING A CHANCE ON WOLSKI... WHO KNOWS? BETTER IF WE CAN GET SOMETHING FOR HIM THAN BUYING HIM OUT IMO... BUT WE NEED A TAKER

The rest looks good.
SEE THE REPLIES IN BOLD FAT CAP ABOVE...

Old
05-20-2011, 03:49 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Truthfully, if I"m drafting in the 20's the only name that might interest me is Bourque, and thats mainly because of the name really. Grachev might excite a few but would they be excited enough to convince their organization to trade down 20 spots?

As for those three falling to #10, if any slide, you think we're the only players in on that? You'd see 10 teams lining up, not just Edmonton and Dallas

Old
05-20-2011, 04:02 PM
Hensch

Being a Kelowna Native, i would love to see the Rangers Draft RW Shane McColgan (2nd Round)

Exceptional Leader and Playmaking ability, had a great playoff run, great person off the ice as well

Old
05-20-2011, 04:33 PM
BBKers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Truthfully, if I"m drafting in the 20's the only name that might interest me is Bourque, and thats mainly because of the name really. Grachev might excite a few but would they be excited enough to convince their organization to trade down 20 spots?

As for those three falling to #10, if any slide, you think we're the only players in on that? You'd see 10 teams lining up, not just Edmonton and Dallas
Point one - I think that Grachev plus our 2 secondrounders MIGHT get this done.

Point 2 - totally agree - but like I said this is what I would offer...if they would want more by being offered this - be my guest...

Closed Thread