HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Trade Proposal Thread ‎2011 (part 6)

View Poll Results: Who would you trade for Kyle Turris?
Brendan Gallagher 1 3.57%
Nathan Beaulieu 0 0%
Lars Eller 1 3.57%
Alexander Avtsin & Michael Bournival 2 7.14%
Louis Leblanc & Yannick Weber 4 14.29%
Two first round picks 0 0%
One first round and two (or three) second round picks 0 0%
Nope! Ain't gonna do it. 20 71.43%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
05-19-2011, 09:41 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by windycity View Post
Pouliot has little value and trading AK would leave a big hole in our top 6 no matter how frustrating we find him.
I think there would still be a team out there willing to gamble a 2nd or 3rd(or another project player), he has his flaws but teams are always looking to find a Clark MacArthur or Jussi Jokinen somewhere.

Old
05-19-2011, 09:53 AM
windycity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I think there would still be a team out there willing to gamble a 2nd or 3rd(or another project player), he has his flaws but teams are always looking to find a Clark MacArthur or Jussi Jokinen somewhere.
maybe but that's still little value imo. I was speaking in terms of a package for a top 5 pick. Couldn't see AK going for that either and he's a much better player than the Chicken.

Old
05-19-2011, 12:07 PM
Vasculio
Booya !

Quote:
Pouliot has little value and trading AK would leave a big hole in our top 6 no matter how frustrating we find him.
The Flyers once traded their 2nd round pick to get Eric Chouinard from us... who knows what GMs think, really ? I understand that he doesn't seem to hold much value, but it's your opinion...

Old
05-19-2011, 12:09 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
maybe but that's still little value imo. I was speaking in terms of a package for a top 5 pick. Couldn't see AK going for that either and he's a much better player than the Chicken.
For a 25 year old that may have wirn out his welcome, a 2nd or 3rd round pick is pretty good value, especially in a deep draft like this year.

Old
05-20-2011, 02:03 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 1100
Spacek for S. Morrisonn?

Worst case we bury Morrisonn in minors, if not, he's younger, bigger and costs less.

Old
05-20-2011, 02:15 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasculio View Post
The Flyers once traded their 2nd round pick to get Eric Chouinard from us... who knows what GMs think, really ? I understand that he doesn't seem to hold much value, but it's your opinion...
It was yearss ago.. Pouliot's salary is bigger than his real worth.. if ever someone still believe in him, that will be for a late dp or another prob for another..

Old
05-20-2011, 03:57 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
It was yearss ago.. Pouliot's salary is bigger than his real worth.. if ever someone still believe in him, that will be for a late dp or another prob for another..
Pouliot has no salary...even in a qualifying offer he only costs about 1.5 mil, if you think he's worth a flier, his salary/cap hit is not an issue.

Old
05-20-2011, 04:06 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by juve View Post
Mtl:

-Kostitsyn
-Kristo
-A pick or another prospect if needed

CBJ:

-Filatov
I think trading AK isn't happening the Habs need big bodies with talent the addition of Yemelin and Avtsin soon gives the Habs three Euros with that type of game.Filatov is finding it hard going in the AHL he might turn the corner but would be m,ore likely with players that have been where he is now.Nikita's value has certainly fallen since his draft day and it would be questionable whether he's worth trading Kristo for him.

Old
05-20-2011, 06:29 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Pouliot has no salary...even in a qualifying offer he only costs about 1.5 mil, if you think he's worth a flier, his salary/cap hit is not an issue.
Its still too much for someone who bring nothing to this team.. Palushaj will make us forget him quick enough.. I would even take Dawes at 600 000$ over Pouliot..

Old
05-20-2011, 07:57 PM
RobertAlanFord
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
Its still too much for someone who bring nothing to this team.. Palushaj will make us forget him quick enough.. I would even take Dawes at 600 000$ over Pouliot..
They should let Pouliot go. Package him up with Spacek or something and ship them out. Habs tried to make up for Latendresse not developing by swapping for him, that didnt meet our original expectations either so time to move on.

I'm with you on Dawes and might as well throw Boyd on that line seeing as though they're doing so well together in the A.

Old
05-20-2011, 09:30 PM
Hank Scorpio

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsauce514 View Post
To MTL :J.Boll+3rd

To Columbus : Pouliot+White
I'd rather hold onto White for the time being but was thinking about a similar trade recently myself. I see what you're getting at with White being replaced by Boll but the two are different players, Boll being a fighter and White, at this point, being more of a grinder who can fight. I was thinking something like this:

To MTL: Pahlsson & Boll

To CBJ: Spacek, Pouliot, Desharnais

Montreal gets there tough guy in Boll and a solid yet a little expensive checking center in Pahlsson to complete their energy line (with White on the other wing).

Columbus gets two top-nine forwards with the potential to step into the top six in Pouliot and Desharnais who basically cost nothing and take on Spacek for a season to match the salaries going the other way.

I'm still trying to figure out the value of players/picks/prospects/salaries so any comments are welcome, so long as they're constructive.

Last edited by Hank Scorpio: 05-20-2011 at 11:31 PM.
Old
05-21-2011, 04:43 AM
S Bah

Pouliot should be signed to a two-way contract and sent to Hamilton like Pacioretty.Let him find his game and build some confidence,for half the year on the first line.Then bring him up after he regains his scoring touch.Desharnais played well for the Habs and definitely has a scoring touch,while playing good defensively.

Old
05-21-2011, 08:27 AM
Talks to Goalposts

Every year people wonder what it would take to trade up to early in the draft. The answer is universally more than you'd want to give up. The teams drafting that high are nigh universially rebuilding teams that need the new talent, while the Habs are an established team that are looking more at competing in the present and near future. Its not a good fit to make a trade.

Old
05-21-2011, 08:32 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
Pouliot should be signed to a two-way contract and sent to Hamilton like Pacioretty.Let him find his game and build some confidence,for half the year on the first line.Then bring him up after he regains his scoring touch.Desharnais played well for the Habs and definitely has a scoring touch,while playing good defensively.
He has parts of 4 years in the AHL, don't think he can inprove anything there.

Old
05-21-2011, 01:49 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
He has parts of 4 years in the AHL, don't think he can inprove anything there.
He doesn't lack skill. He lacks confidence and lower-body strength. I think if they should sit down with him and tell him "shape up or you're gone"... in a nicer way. Get him to work his rear off and skate a ton. I remember last season, he scored a bunch of goals just by screening the goalie and standing an inch from the crease. He can be very useful. Right now, on the Habs roster.

Old
05-23-2011, 10:33 AM
Miller Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Spacek for S. Morrisonn?

Worst case we bury Morrisonn in minors, if not, he's younger, bigger and costs less.
in a heart beat, though I don't see what interest the Sabres would have in doing that.

Old
05-23-2011, 07:06 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Just read on the fourth period.com that the blackhawks could be looking to free up cash by unloading Niklas Hjalmarsson who makes 3.5m a season. Hjalmarsson os only 23 and fits into that category of D-man that we need: good puck mover, solid defender, big body. He's expensive, but will be cheaper than most of the other UFA's, most of which are older. This could be a good spot for us to pull something like this:

Benoit Pouliot
Danny Kristo or Joe Stejkal (or both)

for

Niklas Hjalmarsson

Don't quote me on this, please, I'm really not sure what he's worth, but i'm guessing Chicago wants little salary back, but at least someone who can play now. All i know is that it would allow us to easily let go of Hamrlik and Wizniewski, and add balance to our D.

Old
05-23-2011, 07:44 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 1100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
in a heart beat, though I don't see what interest the Sabres would have in doing that.
Apparently the fans say he's a 7th D and would consider putting him on waivers or minors. For a mid-range team losing 2-3 mil for a 7th d and replacing it with a 4th-5th D would likely be beneficial.

Old
05-24-2011, 09:29 AM
Mattyb

To sj:
A.Kost
Gorges
Deshairnes
1st 2011
3rd 2011

To MTL:
Clowe
McGinn
1st 2011
2nd 2011

Grab whoever with the 1st round, biggs with the second rounder.

Montreal line up:
Cammy-pleks-clowe
Patches-gomez-gionta
Pouliot-eller-mcginn
Moen-white-darche
Extra:pyatt

Markov-Emilemn
Subban-gill
Wiz-spacek/diaz/weber
Ex: spacek/diaz/weber

Price
Auld

Old
05-24-2011, 09:46 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyb View Post
To sj:
A.Kost
Gorges
Deshairnes
1st 2011
3rd 2011

To MTL:
Clowe
McGinn
1st 2011
2nd 2011

Grab whoever with the 1st round, biggs with the second rounder.

Montreal line up:
Cammy-pleks-clowe
Patches-gomez-gionta
Pouliot-eller-mcginn
Moen-white-darche
Extra:pyatt

Markov-Emilemn
Subban-gill
Wiz-spacek/diaz/weber
Ex: spacek/diaz/weber

Price
Auld
I don't see San Jose trading Clowe unless we offer Subban, Plekanec or another frontline player in the deal. He had a better year than their big money 1st liners including playoffs.

Old
05-24-2011, 11:40 AM
Protest the Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Jr View Post
Just read on the fourth period.com that the blackhawks could be looking to free up cash by unloading Niklas Hjalmarsson who makes 3.5m a season. Hjalmarsson os only 23 and fits into that category of D-man that we need: good puck mover, solid defender, big body. He's expensive, but will be cheaper than most of the other UFA's, most of which are older. This could be a good spot for us to pull something like this:

Benoit Pouliot
Danny Kristo or Joe Stejkal (or both)

for

Niklas Hjalmarsson

Don't quote me on this, please, I'm really not sure what he's worth, but i'm guessing Chicago wants little salary back, but at least someone who can play now. All i know is that it would allow us to easily let go of Hamrlik and Wizniewski, and add balance to our D.
I'm a fan of Hjalmarsson, but he's a left handed dman and we need to sign a right handed guy if we don't sign Wiz. If we could move Spacek it'd be a no brainer.

Old
05-24-2011, 12:00 PM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less Habitats View Post
I'm a fan of Hjalmarsson, but he's a left handed dman and we need to sign a right handed guy if we don't sign Wiz. If we could move Spacek it'd be a no brainer.
Gorges is a great swingman, so with Subban and Weber on the team there is no need for extra righties. By the same token Markov, Gorges, Spacek, Emelin is good left side depth so there is no urgent need there. Basically they can go for the best defenseman irregardless of handedness.

Old
05-24-2011, 12:00 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less Habitats View Post
True but what if we did something like this:

Markov Emelin
Hjalmarsson Subban
Gill Weber
Spacek

personally i think Weber is too good to still be a 7th D. It's time for Martin to have some balls and ice the best lineup possible. And what's better about this lineup is that each pairing has size, speed and skill. There's question marks obviously, but it's something that i'd like to see.

Edit: wow i forgot Gorges!

Old
05-30-2011, 11:15 AM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:
In a mock draft currently, and was offered a trade. I thought to myself, "if this actually happened, would Habs fans jump all over this?" So I bring up this proposal:

To Tampa Bay
Yannick Weber

To Montreal
2011 first round pick (27th overall)
2011 second round pick (58th overall)

Not saying that Tampa would offer this, but if they did, would you take it?

Old
05-30-2011, 11:27 AM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
In a mock draft currently, and was offered a trade. I thought to myself, "if this actually happened, would Habs fans jump all over this?" So I bring up this proposal:

To Tampa Bay
Yannick Weber

To Montreal
2011 first round pick (27th overall)
2011 second round pick (58th overall)

Not saying that Tampa would offer this, but if they did, would you take it?
In a word, yes. Weber is solid but replaceable. That's a solid return on investment.

Closed Thread