HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

2011 NHL Entry Draft/Other Prospects (All NON-RANGERS Prospect Discussion - Part 3) ‎

Closed Thread

Old
05-20-2011, 03:49 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hensch View Post
Being a Kelowna Native, i would love to see the Rangers Draft RW Shane McColgan (2nd Round)

Exceptional Leader and Playmaking ability, had a great playoff run, great person off the ice as well
I like him, think he'll go in the top 40 for sure. Tough last two months of the season, what caused it ? I agree teams will think Mike Richards type leadership here, plus he stepped up in the playoffs big time, his hat trick against that deep Portland team was a beauty.

Old
05-20-2011, 03:59 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
Point one - I think that Grachev plus our 2 secondrounders MIGHT get this done.

Point 2 - totally agree - but like I said this is what I would offer...if they would want more by being offered this - be my guest...
My only point is that you have to factor in other bidders which means we up the ante or stay where we are. If a top ten pick is available Grachev and extra picks won't do it. That's no knock on Grachev, just don't think he has enough luster to want to move down for.

Old
05-20-2011, 04:29 PM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
My only point is that you have to factor in other bidders which means we up the ante or stay where we are. If a top ten pick is available Grachev and extra picks won't do it. That's no knock on Grachev, just don't think he has enough luster to want to move down for.
Time will tell
You are probably right...

Old
05-20-2011, 05:21 PM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
After a long call to Sweden - I have decided...
GET SINBAD The Sailor!
Just do it!!!
He will rock the Garden!

Old
05-20-2011, 05:29 PM
Noonansgoal

Quote:
I like him, think he'll go in the top 40 for sure. Tough last two months of the season, what caused it ? I agree teams will think Mike Richards type leadership here, plus he stepped up in the playoffs big time, his hat trick against that deep Portland team was a beauty.
Considering his size you really think he'll go top 40? I know he had an amazing playoffs and I've seen clips of him fighting guys twice his size.

I like the fact that he's been about a ppg player for two straight seasons in the dub. I can definitely see him going top 60 and would take him with our 57th without hesitating. I've heard people say he's kind of a grimaldi lite, what do you think?

Old
05-20-2011, 05:51 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noonansgoal View Post
Considering his size you really think he'll go top 40? I know he had an amazing playoffs and I've seen clips of him fighting guys twice his size.

I like the fact that he's been about a ppg player for two straight seasons in the dub. I can definitely see him going top 60 and would take him with our 57th without hesitating. I've heard people say he's kind of a grimaldi lite, what do you think?
I don't think the size matters as much to people who are picking like it does on these boards. He looks like a pro player, just in a small package. That didn't stop a team from taking Tyler Ennis 1st round, right? Plus this kid is pretty tough and will get stronger.

Old
05-20-2011, 08:13 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

This draft has some mighty mights in it.

I no longer think we need to worry about grimaldi. My gut tells me he's off the board before we come up. He's a top 10 talent and he has a lot of teams salivating.

His stock is a risin....

Old
05-20-2011, 08:29 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
This draft has some mighty mights in it.

I no longer think we need to worry about grimaldi. My gut tells me he's off the board before we come up. He's a top 10 talent and he has a lot of teams salivating.

His stock is a risin....
Because people have finally crawled out from being under a ****ing rock. I've been touting this kid all damn season. He's a top 3 talent in nearly any draft and he'd go #1 overall if he was over 6 feet. It's unbelievable how stupid people are to have ignored him for so long.

Old
05-20-2011, 08:30 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
I don't know if one good playoff will resurrect an otherwise pretty crappy regular season, unfortunately. I wouldn't touch him in the top 60 in this draft, but sign me up for him later on if he falls.

Old
05-21-2011, 01:45 AM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Quote:
I don't think the size matters as much to people who are picking like it does on these boards. He looks like a pro player, just in a small package. That didn't stop a team from taking Tyler Ennis 1st round, right? Plus this kid is pretty tough and will get stronger.
Tyler ennis' pre-draft season was in another universe from McColgan's. BN I respect the heck out of you but that is a bunk comparison - Ennis makes Bartschi look like a mid-late round pick.

05-21-2011, 03:39 AM
Latex*
DM is good

If Armia is still on the board at 15 and we pass up on him because he's European (or for some other reason), i swear i'll slash my wrists. I'm totally in love with him.

I'm fine with Koko if Armia is not there. I want boom or bust offensive prospects!

Old
05-21-2011, 03:51 AM
Entrancemperium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latexi84 View Post
If Armia is still on the board at 15 and we pass up on him because he's European (or for some other reason), i swear i'll slash my wrists. I'm totally in love with him.

I'm fine with Koko if Armia is not there. I want boom or bust offensive prospects!
All I want is Coutourier, stupid impossible dream!

Old
05-21-2011, 04:58 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan444 View Post
Tyler ennis' pre-draft season was in another universe from McColgan's. BN I respect the heck out of you but that is a bunk comparison - Ennis makes Bartschi look like a mid-late round pick.
You compared their skills, not me

The teams that picked him saw the pro potential, not the size of the package that player came in, that's all I was saying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
I don't know if one good playoff will resurrect an otherwise pretty crappy regular season, unfortunately. I wouldn't touch him in the top 60 in this draft, but sign me up for him later on if he falls.
Yeah after this season he's 3rd round bound, but every year teams take players based on short tourney's and playoff drives, so I can see 2nd round possibilities for sure.

Btw, nice move taking Murphy for the Devs in Canuckdrive's mock. I would have taken Huberdeau, but Murphy's talented enough to go that high too.

Old
05-21-2011, 12:02 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Quote:
You compared their skills, not me

The teams that picked him saw the pro potential, not the size of the package that player came in, that's all I was saying
Yea...let that be a lesson to all the kids out there - don't drink and post, my bad.

Old
05-21-2011, 05:11 PM
Latex*
DM is good

I'd like us to take a shot at Sami Salminen in the late rounds. Here's what Tormentor wrote about him few months ago:

8. RW- Sami Salminen (HIFK), 12-APR-93, 65 / 203 lbs, R
A huge forward with a nice set of hands and fairly good offensive instincts. Hes not very physical, but its not easy to tail him when he uses his reach advance together with his puck skills. Good around the net and has a good scoring touch, but needs to improve his shot from further away. Hes still growing into his body and having slight problems with coordination. Technically his skating is pretty good, but he needs more speed, continuity and reaction quickness to his movement. He could have better anticipation of how the play develops, because this alongside with his lacking mobility means that hes quite often left behind the play and therefore unable to contribute fully, both offensively and defensively. Needs more confidence. A boom or bust type of prospect, I think some team will try to hit a home run with a late round pick and drafts him. Its unlikely that he ever makes it, but if he does, the reward could be grand. Projection: 5th, 6th or 7th round.

Boom or Bust, i like it.

Old
05-21-2011, 07:41 PM
Dredden
JT Miller

Jordan Binnington is playing pretty impressive in the Memorial Cup. 4th rounder?

Old
05-22-2011, 12:33 PM
Noonansgoal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dredden View Post
Jordan Binnington is playing pretty impressive in the Memorial Cup. 4th rounder?
Binnington was a brick wall. I was watching that game too. Oh and Hishon is going to fit right in with the Avs, what a player. Hopefully he'll be ok after that dirty McNabb hit.

Old
05-22-2011, 01:58 PM
free0717

My goals for the draft
1. Move up and draft Ryan. Murphy. His knock is his size(5'11", 176#). He is only 18 years old and Brian Leetch played @ 6'0" tall, 185#. This kid was tremendous @ the World U 18. The puckmover and PP QB of the future.

2. If goal #1, Cant happen, There are alot of players I like that will be there between the 20th and 30th pick. Brian Burke in Tor covets Mark McNeil. If he is available @ 15, trade that pick to the Leafs for the 25th and right now it would be the 28th, But if Boston loses, it would be the 27th and Boston Wins the cup it would be the 30th pick. I would throw in pick no. 56 to make that happen. Grimaldi, Koko, Namestinikov, Phillips, Biggs, et al will be there.

3. If No. 2 cant happen, stand pat, draft McNeil if there or Schiefle, Biggs, Jensen, Saad, Koko, Namestnikov Grimaldi. See the depth. Thats why I want to trade back because there is good value in that portion of the draft. If you look @ the Mock drafts, Those picks are all over the place.

Old
05-22-2011, 02:39 PM
mcsauer2738

I'm loving the idea of drafting mcneill. Good on faceoffs, big center, and tough as nails.

Old
05-22-2011, 03:09 PM
Orr Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsauer2738 View Post
I'm loving the idea of drafting mcneill. Good on faceoffs, big center, and tough as nails.
That is who I want but I don't think he will be there when we are picking.

Old
05-22-2011, 03:57 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Btw, nice move taking Murphy for the Devs in Canuckdrive's mock. I would have taken Huberdeau, but Murphy's talented enough to go that high too.
Thanks. I love Hubs, but I just don't see him as a C at the NHL level (and I think the Devils can afford to go with need in the top 5 as every single player is on equal footing there, really).

Old
05-22-2011, 07:35 PM
TrollololBoyle

How do you know Burke covets McNeill? Regardless, I don't think he'll get him even if he traded with the Rangers because I can easily see him being picked by Dallas or Calgary, he seems to be exactly what Dallas (the Rangers and Toronto also) want in their players.

Old
05-22-2011, 07:53 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

All I have to say is I swear if the Rangers draft another defenseman I will throw my team across the room.

We do not need any more defensemen dammit. Our d corps is set for the next 15 years basically.

Please get me a scoring forward or trade the picks as part of a package for a proven scorer.

05-22-2011, 09:02 PM
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Love Rebecca Black View Post
All I have to say is I swear if the Rangers draft another defenseman I will throw my team across the room.

We do not need any more defensemen dammit. Our d corps is set for the next 15 years basically.

Please get me a scoring forward or trade the picks as part of a package for a proven scorer.
If Gordie and comp feel that Oleskiak is the BPA at that point or both Murphy and Siemens slide then you gotta trust their judgment. If they do pick a DMan that means there will most likely be a trade involving at least two of the D prospects (Del Z, Kundratek, Valentenko, Pashnin), Grachev, and either a 2nd rounder this year or a pick next year for a scorer from a team in cap trouble (Setoguchi, Hemsky, etc)

I'd prefer they get McNeil, Bartschi, Armia, or Jenner but it's all about what the two Gs (Gordie and Gorton) feel is right.

Old
05-22-2011, 09:14 PM
ecemleafs

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Love Rebecca Black View Post

our defense is not elite for the next for 15 years. we got one great dman and 3 good ones. a lot of teams can boast that.

Closed Thread