HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

43rd Obsequious Banter Thread - Biron Tap

Closed Thread

Old
05-21-2011, 01:08 AM
SolidSnakeUS

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegendkiller View Post
Anybody having a rapture party? I think it would be awesome. One of those days that's just begging for a day-long drinking event.

Start it at like 2pm and go from there.
12 straight hours of drinking . But seriously, if these ****ers want the rapture to come and die and go to God, then they should just kill themselves instead of dragging the rest of us along.

Old
05-21-2011, 03:08 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Best quote ever in regards to everything?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_end_times_prediction

Awesome
DC's official Twitters have been pretty great.

DDOT had something like "we will no longer be filling potholes after saturday #May21" "It's because nobody will be driving." Then apparently Fox News called them about it, and they had to stop. They finished with "If the apocalypse starts with a flood, we'll be open"

DC Fire and EMS twitted: "Apocalypse tomorrow! What better time to check your smoke detector?"

Those are approximate quotes, I don't feel like pulling them up.

05-21-2011, 03:41 AM
SolidSnakeUS

You know what, if we don't die today, we might as well never believe the Christians again .

You know what, if I went to the police station and said "Hi, I'm Jesus Christ, the son of our Lord. I command thee...." I'd be ****ing arrested and put into an institution. But look at all these politicians and Evangelical *******s saying that God is personally telling them what to do and how to change the way we live. I've been baptized, so at least I know something .

Old
05-21-2011, 03:47 AM
ChumpyG
Jibbity jibbity

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
You know what, if we don't die today, we might as well never believe the Christians again .
We did before?

Old
05-21-2011, 03:51 AM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChumpyG View Post
We did before?
Christmas probably. But it's still pushed as being a huge sales ploy for pretty much all corporations.

Old
05-21-2011, 06:49 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Getting married in about 5 hours. Hopefully the rapture doesn't start until afterwards. Happy Judgment Day everyone!

Old
05-21-2011, 06:50 AM
JVR21
G

Quote:

You know what, if I went to the police station and said "Hi, I'm Jesus Christ, the son of our Lord. I command thee...." I'd be ****ing arrested and put into an institution. But look at all these politicians and Evangelical *******s saying that God is personally telling them what to do and how to change the way we live. I've been baptized, so at least I know something .
You do realize that this was all started by some grumpy old man and only the small group of idiots who follow him actually believe it, right?

Old
05-21-2011, 07:06 AM
Opus

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Getting married in about 5 hours. Hopefully the rapture doesn't start until afterwards. Happy Judgment Day everyone!
My condolences~

Old
05-21-2011, 11:55 AM
Ghost of Downie*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVR21 View Post
You do realize that this was all started by some grumpy old man and only the small group of idiots who follow him actually believe it, right?
No no, blanket statements are more fun.

Old
05-21-2011, 12:12 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:

You mean like if someone asks for help getting a girl and when everyone tries to help they don't even bother to even try to follow a thing everyone said, no one should ever trust that dope again?

Old
05-21-2011, 12:30 PM
mm6492

Quote:

You are an idiot.

Old
05-21-2011, 12:31 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
If it starts at the reception, technically the more fun people will be left behind...and there will just be more booze, food and cake left for you guys.

Old
05-21-2011, 12:40 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
If it starts at the reception, technically the more fun people will be left behind...and there will just be more booze, food and cake left for you guys.
Truth. All the goodie-two-shoes will be taken up to heaven.

Old
05-21-2011, 12:43 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
Truth. All the goodie-two-shoes will be taken up to heaven.
I bet the holier-than-thou types get stuck here for the 5 months of hellfire and whatnot. Simply assuming you're entitled to get sucked up, and spending your time looking down on others who don't church it up as hard as you do likely automatically disqualifies you. It would be awesome to point and laugh at those people while they sit around wondering why they're still here.

I'm sure you know who I'm talking about. Everyone knows a couple people like that.

Old
05-21-2011, 01:01 PM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Send a message via AIM to dbr2
Quote:
Christmas probably. But it's still pushed as being a huge sales ploy for pretty much all corporations.
Yeah, I really see end of the world sales events all over my TV.

Old
05-21-2011, 01:16 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
I bet the holier-than-thou types get stuck here for the 5 months of hellfire and whatnot. Simply assuming you're entitled to get sucked up, and spending your time looking down on others who don't church it up as hard as you do likely automatically disqualifies you. It would be awesome to point and laugh at those people while they sit around wondering why they're still here.

I'm sure you know who I'm talking about. Everyone knows a couple people like that.
See I wasn't sure of the 5 months thing. So is it like survivor? If you survive 5 months you get up to heaven? Or do you have to do something to prove yourself? If it was survive style, that'd be pretty badass. And would make for some awesome TV ratings.

Old
05-21-2011, 01:20 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
See I wasn't sure of the 5 months thing. So is it like survivor? If you survive 5 months you get up to heaven? Or do you have to do something to prove yourself? If it was survive style, that'd be pretty badass. And would make for some awesome TV ratings.
Yeah, I don't know what happens at the end of 5 months or if you're allowed to redeem yourself. The world pops and you're screwed, I guess.

Old
05-21-2011, 02:21 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
I feel pretty confident about my chances that I could make the five months.

Old
05-21-2011, 05:03 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

Alright, everybody check in. Who's still around?

Closed Thread